Fashioning some game time.

On Friday two real life conflicts appeared. I wanted to set up and play FM 2015 and the wife fancied a nice cosy evening in front of the TV. When I mentioned in passing the evening before that I might want to disappear off for a few hours on Friday evening I got the sad eyes treatment.

Fast forward to Friday and my wife came home to a huge plate of pasta, a large glass of wine and an unusually warm house. Over the years I had worked out that pasta makes her feel sluggish and wine makes her sleepy. A warm house, I reasoned, may help too. I should point out that she was more than happy with my evening's preparations and drifted off to sleep at a very early 9.30pm. Sadly, I hadn't factored-in my own reaction to this plan and after less than an hour of play-time I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Has anyone else gone to extreme lengths to fashion themselves some FM time?

I'm thinking of using Annual Leave not to go to work on release day...and on the weekend I should be going to see my girlfriend and Uni but will try and pull a "Been called into work last minute, etc etc"...

Yeh we're sad.

I found my laptop was a good addition, moving away from a PC and meaning i can sit in the lounge whilst clicking away! also honesty! she knows how much i enjoy playing the game and on release weekend she will go away for the weekend/keep herself busy.

To be fair, she's usually got her MacBook open when the TV is on, I get away with an hour or two of FM most nights as a result. She accepts it for what it is, something that used to be addictive but is now a passive background entertainment that takes my mind of work.

My wife knows how much i enjoy FM and doesn't mind my addiction, as long as when Im home on myy 2 weeks off (I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off) I spend some time with the kids and her. She is great! :D I did he get her a samsung tablet which she is happy with, and keeps he occupied while I play FM15

Archived