[FM15] Moncho's Rise to the Top!

swallow1050

Moncho's Rise to the Top

I have brought back Moncho Dafydd from my journeyman save I did last year:

Home_MyProfileProfile_zps6d117926.png

I decided that I prefer the tactical side of the game and with the new feature this is how I decided to go:

ManagerialStyle_zpsea8475f7.jpg

Countries & Leagues:

SelectedNations_zps19740660.png

My Aims:

I have no fixed aims other than I want to travel around Europe and see how far I can get! Although I would like to manage the Welsh national team at some point.

karlslundsif_zps041d9910.jpg

Karslund IF

karlslund3_zpsafdaf1ec.jpg

2958767-karlslund-arena_zps980671c4.jpg

History

Background_zps55a9ef43.png

Not a huge amount of history, they have never been higher than the 2nd division so plenty opportunity to make history with the club!

Board Expectations and Current Situation:

Competitionexpectations_zpsd86dc314.png

Table_zpsdeb2b761.png Fixtures_zps85f4c0a9.png

So the board expect a mid table finish and although we are in the relegation zone currently, mid table is only 3 points away!

With more home games than away and many of those games against our fellow struggler's I have a fighting chance of achieving those expectations!

The squad isn't too bad! Quite old but some solid players! Abundance of goalkeepers for some reason but I am feeling confident we can stay up!

Karslund IF

August 2014

Second Division South

AugResults_zps320dc75b.png

Couldn't have asked for a better start to my career! A tough first game against league leaders Arameisk-Syrianska IF, turned out to be a cracker! We started brilliantly before being pegged back. The next game was all about the Calle Olsson show! A brilliant hat trick single-handedly dismantled Sodertaljie FK and they only scored late on to spoil a great performance. Another great performance in the next game along with a slice of luck but I was most pleased about the last win of the month however, when we came from behind to win against Ekero IK!

An ideal month meant that we were right where we needed to be!

AugTable_zpsccd0e535.png

Karslund IF

September 2014

Second Division South

SeptResults_zps05a15011.png

Wow! This Swedish Second Division South lark is easy! The month started with mammoth win over the league whipping boys Karlskoga but the surprise game was against 4th placed Nacka! We were up by two within the first 8 minutes and it just carried on from there. Calle Olsson continuing his rich vein of form scoring yet another hat trick. The last two games were solid if not spectacular but as we didn't have anything to play for it made no difference.

SeptTable_zpsf55ec570.png

KarlsundsIF_zps4664ea24.png

Karslund IF - Season Review 2014

Second Division South

Board Expectations: Mid Table

Actual Finish: 6th

Results before I took over

Results

Final Table

After starting with less than half the season left to play I only had one goal, and that was to stay up. Which we managed easily! We won 7 games on the bounce and were unbeaten in 8.

WinsRecord_zps3e07c2d0.png

Finances

Average Attendance: 240

Turnover: £116,411

Expenditure: £91,768

Profit/Loss: £24,643

Balance: £20,206

Profit_zpsd8d2fddc.png

Squad

The squad should stay pretty much the same for next season; hopefully a couple new signings and maybe some departures.

Top 3 Players of the Season

Calle Olsson

Our red hot striker who scored 3 hat tricks and 12 goals in 8 games with a total of 17 for the season.

Dana Kuhl

5 assists and 2 goals from the left midfield. Those 2 goals both came at important times also.

Erik Tengroth

Our right back that enjoyed bombing forward on the overlap causing defenders problems every game!

|  Season   |       Club        |          Division         | Position |      Cups      |  Champions League |      Europa League     |   Super Cup    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   2014    |      Karslund     |   Second Division South   |   6th    |     N/A        |        N/A        |           N/A          |       N/A      ||

Karslund IF - Season Preview 2015

Second Division South

Media Prediction: 5th

Board Expectations: Winner

My Expectations: Winner

With only one promotion spot, the level of teams being very similar and after being buoyed by our form last season, I felt it was the only way to go.

Budgets

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £2.7k (2.6k currently)

Balance: £20,206

Karslund IF - Preseason 2015

Friendlies

PreseasonResults_zps4f15e53d.png

Very solid friendly results but then again most games were against inferior sides so it was mainly about keeping morale and fitness up. Calle Olsson scoring in every game, keeping up his great form from the previous season.

Transfers

TransfersPreseason_zps9da6e227.png

Only one significant transfer, Gustaf Franck was sold for a total value of 100k, but some of that is to be paid after appearances and once we are promoted; When an offer like that comes in I couldn't really turn it down. Players who came in mainly were just to add strength in depth.

Karslund IF

May 2015

Second Division South

MayResults_zps6474deed.png

Overall a very poor month by our standards, but it had to happen at some point, and unfortunately we lost twice in this month and drew another two games.

Both games that we lost were to late winners, but the game against Arameisk-Syrianska was a crazy end to end match in which we just didn't manage to score last in.

MayFinallyLost_zps18a236b7.png

We are down now to 6th but with only 5 points in it to the top, I'm not concerned just yet.

MayTable_zps30cc6bca.png

Karslund IF

June 2015

Second Division South

JuneResults_zpsad209fd4.png

Much better month! Calle Olsson leading the way with an incredible 8 goals in 4 games. However not really sure what went wrong against Rynnine but its hopefully just a blip!

JuneRecordWin_zpseda89739.png

A crazy game, we were 6-0 before half time!

Junemostgoalsinagame_zps437e7820.png

Now only 2 points off the top.

JuneTable_zpsd1e4f2e2.png

JuneGoodstart_zpsf2f5e73e.png

Media seem to think that I'm doing a good job!

I think Konyaspor are horribly lost :D I knew that there are clubs in the Swedish system representing various middle-eastern nationalities (Like Arameisk-Syrianska in that league, and I think there was one that made the Premier League not long ago) but seeing one named after a specific 'homeland' club is a little odd to see.

I think Konyaspor are horribly lost :D I knew that there are clubs in the Swedish system representing various middle-eastern nationalities (Like Arameisk-Syrianska in that league, and I think there was one that made the Premier League not long ago) but seeing one named after a specific 'homeland' club is a little odd to see.

Yeah. One "assyrian"-club and a "syrian/suryoye"-club both have been in the top tier after the millenium shift. However I really liked the away game vs Akropolis (in the same league as Karlslund on the game but was in the tier above a couple a years ago). They met my local club Västerås SK so we went to the away game. Hole in the fence around the pitch and they "represent" Greece so instead of the usual hot dogs and burger they only had pork souvlaki or lamb sasusage at the shop.

Karslund IF

July 2015

Second Division South

JulyResults_zps78d5eda9.png]

A frustrating start to the month, in a game where Calle Olsson had multiple chances to score but just didn’t manage to put it in the net. Their equaliser came from a corner and we couldn't manage anything more. Against Eskilstuna Sodra we had 19 shots on goal with only 5 on target, and with Calle Olsson missing through injury it was up to the other strikers to score however they weren't up to the same standard. Another 17 shots on goal in the next game against IFK Eskilstuna as we continue to be unable put the ball in the net. We didn't improve against the league leaders either as we were outplayed and yet again we couldn’t finish our chances. But against Konyaspor we finally scored some goals!! Calle Olsson was back in the side and you could tell! A very welcomed 3-0 victory to finish a poor month off.

JulyTable_zps2d8dabdc.png

The gap widened to the top after our less than satisfactory month

Yeah. One "assyrian"-club and a "syrian/suryoye"-club both have been in the top tier after the millenium shift. However I really liked the away game vs Akropolis (in the same league as Karlslund on the game but was in the tier above a couple a years ago). They met my local club Västerås SK so we went to the away game. Hole in the fence around the pitch and they "represent" Greece so instead of the usual hot dogs and burger they only had pork souvlaki or lamb sasusage at the shop.

Yes I did think it was strange that so many of the clubs had that type of name! I assume that means that there are large groups of middle eastern people living in Sweden?

Karslund IF

August 2015

Second Division South

AugustResult_zpsbbf24cc2.png

We started the month how we ended the previous; with a great performance until all but the last 10 minutes when Sodertaljie managed to score two to make it a nervy end. Against second to bottom side IK Viljan we put in a very poor performance where we forgot how to score again, Calle Olsson had an off day and he seems to be the only one that can score in our team. 10 shots and only one on target. Olsson back in the goals again against Armaseik-Syrainska IF but it wasn't enough as less than impressive defending negated the goals. We finished the month against with a scrappy win over Ekero IK at home.

AugustTable_zpsfd7d6f84.png

More points lost to the leaders and its looking more likely that we won't be challenging for the title this year.

Youth Intake 2015

Alexander Tillman

Bjorn Lindqvist

Anders Fernandez

Karslund IF

September 2015

Second Division South

SeptResults_zps324acd68.png

Karlberg didn't know what hit them in a very impressive first half! which won this game for us; Calle Olsson again scoring 3 but I gave debuts to several youth players. We then played league leaders Eskilstuna City and we didn’t really get close. Mistakes, Mistakes, Mistakes! every goal conceded against Ryinning came from defensive errors. Calle Olsson had a day off spurning multiple chances. We nothing to play for in the last game of the season but we had the perfect start scoring 3 in the first 10 minutes! Finished with a nervy end however as Nacka came back at us but we managed to hold on to finish the season with a victory.

SeptemberTable_zps38565437.png

More of the same indifferent form sees us finish in 5th, 9 points off the winners Eskilstuna City.

Karslund IF - Season Review 2014

Second Division South

Board Expectations: Winner

Actual Finish: 5th

First Half Results

Second Half

Final Table

We only spent one month at the top and we weren't consistent enough throughout the season to say that we were in with a shout of winning the league.

Finances

Average Attendance: 248 (+8)

Turnover: £193,192 (+76,781)

Expenditure: £291,096 (-199,328)

Profit/Loss: £49,448

Balance: £77,127

ReviewCashInjection_zps644a1cae.png

Transfers

Squad

A few players aren't willing to sign new contracts including Wowoah which is worrying as I feel I may struggle to replace them with the same quality.

Calle Olsson

We won 10 and drew 4 out of 15 when Olsson scored but we only managed to win 2 out of 9 when he didn't score or play. He managed an very impressive 26 goals in 23 games when the rest of our strike force scored 5 all season.

Samuel Wowoah

Our veteran left back rarely had a bad day this season and scored many vital goals with his pinpoint freekicks, He scored 9 goals in total 2nd highest goal scorer.

Johan Wikstrom

The young midfielder consistently performed over the course of the season and contributed 1 goal and 9 assists.

|  Season   |       Club        |          Division         | Position |      Cups      |  Champions League |      Europa League     |   Super Cup    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   2014    |      Karslund     |   Second Division South   |   6th    |     N/A        |        N/A        |           N/A          |       N/A      |
|   2015    |      Karslund     |   Second Division South   |   5th    |     N/A        |        N/A        |           N/A          |       N/A      |

So, not long after I finished the season I noticed that a side in the First Divison South (League above) was without a manager so I applied and got an interview. Soon after Karlsund gave me an ultimatum however as I thought that the interview had gone well, I gambled and resigned!

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF

General - Facilities - Finances

MotalaIP_zps921b5e92.png

MotalaAIF_HistoryOverview_zpsfdb0bf64.png

The club finished 8th this season after being predicted to finish 5th which lead to the sacking of the previous manager. In the season before the club actually finished 2nd but lost out in the play offs. So this team could be challenging for play off positions next season.

Squad

The squad is pretty light atm, in the first team squad we have enough players to fill the first 11 and the 7 subs but nothing more and we don't have any worthwhile youth players to speak of. I will need to delve transfer market to give the team some more depth.

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF - Season Preview 2016

Board Expectations:

Media Prediction: 8th

Division 1 Sodra: Mid Table

Svenska Cupen: Second Round

My Expectations:

Division 1 Sodra: Mid Table

Svenska Cupen: Second Round

I think mid table is a realistic goal for this season, it allows me to get into the swing of things with the new club and find out where we are.

Budgets

Transfer Budget: £38,529

Wage Budget: £5,382 (£4,054 currently)

Balance: £71,682

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF - Pre-season 2016

Friendlies:

PreFriendlies_zpsf320ae19.png

A long pre-season, trying to get everyone fit for the season ahead.

Transfers:

PreTransfers_zpsed848543.png

I made several transfers over the winter to give our squad more depth and also some more first team players. I raided my old club for some of the more promising young players and managed to secure some quality loanees too.

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF - April 2016

Division 1 Sodra

AprilResults_zps7a92ba80.png

The first game of the season against Tvaaker; a draw was most likely a fair result with both teams have a couple chances each. Abdulrahman had an awesome game scored 4 but had chances to score a couple more in the next game, Ytterby had two chances that were hacked off the line but their goal came from a fluke cross that our keeper failed to collect.

AprilGoalsRecord_zpsadbf6822.png

The scoreline flattered Rosengard somewhat, on another day we would have won 3-0. Although our blushes were saved after they missed an open goal later in the second half.

AprilHalmiaThrashing_zps83e7abed.png

We were down 3-0 by 10 minutes and 4-0 down in 15 against Halma. Some of the worst marking I have ever seen in a terrible first quarter of an hour. In the second half after the hairdryer treatment, we had a big improvement and had a couple chances to score but didn’t convert.

AprilTable_zpse642952d.png

2 wins, a draw and loss, can't complain too much however the result against Halma was very concerning, I am putting it down to a bad day at the office!

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF - May 2016

Division 1 Sodra

MayResults_zps686d0052.png

An awful month carrying on our form from the last game of the previous month, our defence's confidence now completely shot to pieces. We found ourselves down 3-0 before half time on two occasions. The second half of the month were better performances from our defence but our strikers then couldn't put the ball in the net.

MayLosingrun_zps8cf7c945.png

MayTable_zps64ee7c42.png

Now into the relegation zone and our form is very worrying.

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF - June 2016

Division 1 Sodra

JuneResults_zpsc4c6592f.png

A short month fixtures wise, it started in the worst way possible an awful display against Kristianstad.

JuneBoardmeeting_zpsd20532da.png

Straight after that defeat came this message; in the meeting I asked the board for another month, and straight after:

JuneOverduewin_zps68cdafa2.png

We made a good start to the game scoring early and held on to the clean sheet as well. The final game of the month was a close fixture but ultimately we couldn't score and Oddevold did.

JuneTable_zps36c9e243.png

We stopped the losing run but it was only for one game, we've only managed 3 points in 7 games and I am very close to getting the sack. This next month is all or nothing for me.

JuneSvenskaCupendraw_zpsa161abc4.png

Sylvia are a similar team to us so it should be a close game.

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF - July 2016

Division 1 Sodra

JulyResults_zpsdde89af4.png

An unbeaten month! Some well needed points on the board with a decent month. Had beaten Ytterby 2-0 but a crash dump put pay to that.

JulyTable_zpsed380f7e.png

Position in the table looks much better, however we are only 5 points above bottom and 7 points behind 7th.

Svenska Cupen

JulySvenskaCupen_zps5d43de05.png

Great start to the game but Sylvia pegged us back. It went to extra time but young Lindqvist scored his first goal for the club with only 7 minutes to go to see us through to the next round!

JulyCupenDraw_zpsdacd3627.png

Angelholm play in the Superetten which is the league above; not expecting any sort of result however its a home game so we should get some additional gate receipts!

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala AIF - August 2016

Division 1 Sodra

AugResults_zps591bb0ba.png

Two losses against our fellow struggler's hasn't helped our cause however we did manage to pick up two wins against teams higher than us which was a positive. An passable month and it keeps us above the relegation zone for now.

AugTable_zps9eba1a84.png

Only 3 points separates 8th-12th so its critical we pick up some more points with 3 games left to play.

Svenska Cupen

AugustCupenResult_zps4360c037.png

A very nervy game! We got some luck in this poor season with their goalkeeper making a mess of a cross and we managed to hang on for the win!!

AugCupenGroup_zps3bf7d168.png

Rebuilding effort needed in the off-season.

The long holiday in the Swedish leagues give me plenty of time to scout and hopefully sign some new players!

You play really quickly! I started one day after the beta release and only completed one season so far :(

Good luck!!

Haha! I've had some days off work and not done much else other than play FM! However I'm away on holiday next week so I won't be playing at all!

1818_zpsb76586fa.png

Motala IF - Season Review 2016

Division 1 Sodra

Board Expectations: Mid Table

Actual Finish: 11th

A great start to season! We managed 7 points out of 12 in the first month, but the honeymoon period finished quickly as 5 games later the board asked me to explain why we were on a run of 5 losses. Luckily we managed to pull out of our nosedive but our results were never consistent and we limped over the line losing the last 3 games of the season to finish just above the relegation zone in 11th.

Svenska Cupen

A great run beating Division 1 Norra side Sylvia and then caused an upset beating Superretten side Angelholm to reach the group stages which begin in Pre season. We are in a group with Malmo FF, Degerfors and Sirius.

EndConfidenceReview_zps9e229925.png

Finances

Average Attendance: 522 (+36)

Turnover: £516,812 (+£76,781)

Expenditure: £568,793 (-£199,328)

Transfer Spend: £2,069

Profit/Loss: £54,050

Balance: £66,183

Transfers

Some decent transfers this season; Lonn, Ljung and Jidsjo in particular.

Squad

A big overhaul is planned for the squad after no one played outstandingly so I have decided to move quite a few players on and hope to bring in many more.

Mohammed Abdulrahman

The top scorer for the season but wasn't very consistent, could have score many more.

Anton Ljung

A signing, who took some time to get some form but perform well later in the season.

Morgan Jidsjö

Bought from my old club, he performed fairly consistently over the season and was a decent buy! Should improve over the next few seasons too!

| Season | Club | Division | Position | Domestic Cups | Champions League | Europa League | Notes |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2014 | Karslund | Second Division South | 6th | N/A | N/A | N/A | |
| 2015 | Karslund | Second Division South | 5th | N/A | N/A | N/A | Resigned 9/10/15|
| 2016 | Motala | First Division Sodra | 11th | Group Stage Svenska Cupen | N/A | N/A | |

Previous Club Watch:

Karlsund

| Season |        Division       | Position |        Domestic Cups        |  Champions League | Europa League |      Notes      |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2016  | Second Division South |   2nd    |             N/A             |        N/A        |     N/A       |                 |

• 2 weeks later...

After most of a long pre season we came to the first real game of the season; a Svenska Cupen game against Degerfors which we were comprehensively beaten 3-0 and straight after that game I had this message:

Sacked_zpscba3366e.png

Now I knew that I was on my last life with the board after our terrible end to the previous season but I assumed that they wouldn't take any notice of results against a team from a higher tier and especially has we had a performed exceptionally well just to make this stage of the Cupen but I was wrong and left with my P45 in hand.

Archived