[FM15] Moncho's Rise to the Top!

swallow1050

So after a couple months of rejections from clubs in other parts of Europe a job came up in the Division 1 Sodra; Norrby. Norrby's manager had been sacked after a disappointing start to the season with only one win and a draw in 6 games.

Approach_zpsa583548a.png

A bigger club than Motala with a more solid financial base too. I think I have landed on my feet!

TakesCharge_zpsad4f2ca0.png

norrby_if_zpsdd907aa4.png

Norrby

General - Facilities - Finances

Boras_arena_17april_2005_zps5c987917.jpg

We play at the Boras Arena which is an impressive size for our stature in the game and that is because we share with Allsvenskan side Elfsborg

Background_zps7080f082.png

PreviousResults_zps2f972b49.png

Very poor results so including losing to my old employers Motala. We lie in the 12th with 4 points from 6 games

Squad

The squad seems decent, certainly better than they have performed so far this season.

CompetitionExpectations_zps5ea578ca.png

Respectable league position equates to 7-6th

Norrby - June 2017

Division 1 Sodra

JuneResults_zpsfe084067.png

Wow! What a game to start my career off on!

JuneGoalBlitz_zps6fefd376.png

We could have done better in the second game losing to a late goal and it was a close run game in the third fixture. We finished the month off with a nevy win over Rosengard

JuneTable_zps78e11aca.png

A slight improvement after two wins and two losses.

Norrby - August 2017

Division 1 Sodra

AugResults_zps86baac3e.png

A great start to the month with a resounding thrashing of Eskilsminne was followed by bad defeat to league leaders Halmia. We came from behind to rescue a point against Skovde and managed a very satisfying victory against my old club Motala to finish the month.

AugTable_zps5f3ab8a9.png

We are making slow progress but need to find more consistency if we are to make our expectations of 6th position, currently 4 points ahead of us.

Svenska Cupen

AugCupenResults_zps72b994f9.png

We made it difficult for ourselves against Linhamn coming from behind twice to keep it level going into extra time. It went all the way to penalties which we just edged 6-7. Brage had the measure of us most of the game but I wasn't too worried we had made our expectations.

Youth Intake

AugYouthCandidates_zps79af42ee.png

Fredrik Dahlgren

Hans Lundgren

Norrby - September 2017

Division 1 Sodra

SeptResults_zpsab05dbd7.png

Finally a decent month! It started poorly losing to the now league leaders Trelleborgs but after that we went on a great run scoring 15 goals in 4 games. Striker Richard Yarsuvat scoring in every game, 6 goals in total.

SeptGoals_zps6bf1b794.png

Not surprising after the run this month!

SeptTable_zpscc370a90.png

We are right up there now! but its still very close we need to get some decent results in the last two games to maintain our position.

Norrby - October 2017

Division 1 Sodra

OctResults_zps2fca382e.png

We had a close game against Trollhattan but they just pipped us but we finished on a high beating Qviding convincingly.

OctTable_zpsf6b69b34.png

Dropped a position after we weren't able to win both games, overall not too worried as we had to beat 3rd place Trollhattan to do so.

OctGoalscoringRecord_zpse44eb87d.png

Not surprising as he had been banging them in recently.

OctMotalaSack_zps8eff8c04.png

They sacked their manager after he didn't manage to keep them up, still feel like I would have done a better job!

Norrby - Season Review 2017

Division 1 Sodra

Board Expectations: Respectable Position

Actual Finish: 8th

When I joined the club we were in 12th after only winning one out of six. We started very inconsistently winning and losing in equal measures but we never had an issue scoring goals. September was a crucial month for us as we won 4 out 5 to bring us away from the relegation battle and into the mid table where we finished just below the boards expectation.

Svenska Cupen

Didn't have a great run in the Cupen, scrapping past Limhamn on penalties and losing to Superettan side Brage

ReviewConfidence_zps31dc67a8.png

Finances

Average Attendance: 322

Turnover: £672,418

Expenditure: £655,977

Transfer Spend: £27,946

Profit/Loss: £11,505

Balance: £134,638

ReviewTaxBill_zpsc23f4208.png

ReviewSponsorship_zpsd6ae7721.png

Transfers

Loanee Simon Dimitrijevic and Hahns Ahlqvist proved good transfers performing consistently all season.

Squad

Fairly pleased with how the squad faired over the season, I hope to renew our loan agreement for Dimitrijevic and just bring in a couple players to improve the first team.

ReviewTeamoftheYear_zpsdd65e340.png

Good to see some our players in the team of the year! Yarsuvat top scored in the league with Campbell and Broman provided most of our assists.

Player of the Season

ReviewFansPlayeroftheYear_zps2bfd871d.png

| Season | Club | Division | Position | Domestic Cups | Champions League | Europa League | Notes |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2014 | Karslund | Second Division South | 6th | N/A | N/A | N/A | |
| 2015 | Karslund | Second Division South | 5th | N/A | N/A | N/A | Resigned 9/10/15|
| 2016 | Motala | First Division Sodra | 11th | Group Stage Svenska Cupen | N/A | N/A | Sacked 4/3/17 |
| 2017 | Norrby | First Division Sodra | 8th | 2nd Round Svenska Cupen | N/A | N/A | |

Previous Club Watch:

Karlsund

| Season |        Division       | Position |        Domestic Cups        |  Champions League | Europa League |      Notes      |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2016  | Second Division South |   2nd    |             N/A             |        N/A        |     N/A       |                 |
|  2017  | Second Division South |   1st    |           2nd Round         |        N/A        |     N/A       |    Promoted     |

Karlsund did one better than last season and managed to clinch promotion to the 1st Division!

Motala

| Season |        Division       | Position |        Domestic Cups        |  Champions League | Europa League |      Notes      |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2017  |   Division 1 Sodra    |   13th   |         2nd Round           |        N/A        |     N/A       |     Relegated   |

Poor season meant that Motala were relegated.

• 2 weeks later...

Norrby - Season Preview 2018

PreOdds_zps0b3f4e15.png

Media Prediction: 5th

Board Expectations:

Division 1 Sodra: Respectable Position

Svenska Cupen: Second Round

My Expectations:

Division 1 Sodra: Respectable Position

Svenska Cupen: Second Round

Expectations are the same as last year but I am hopeful of a better season.

Budgets

Transfer Budget: £67,290

Wage Budget: £7,660 (£6,494 currently)

Balance: £392,293

Norrby - May 2018

Division 1 Sodra

MayResults_zpsbbd8c9ab.png

A poor start to the month as we lost two home games in a row. Pro team GAIS are the league leaders and were relegated from the Superatten last term so losing 0-1 wasn't too disappointing however to lose 0-2 to Rosengard wasn't acceptable; after april's fixtures they had conceded 14 and only scored 1. Luckily our fixtures were kind and we played two of the weaker teams in the league next and managed to beat them both convincingly.

MayTable_zps9c221fe5.png

After a slow start we aren't doing too bad but there aren't many points separating us from the relegation zone and the leaders are already 8 points ahead.

Norrby - June 2018

Division 1 Sodra

JuneResults_zps48710953.png

A very mixed month, against Husqvarna we had a good game but we couldn't recover from an early goal. That game was followed up with another crazy goal scoring game against Oddvolde; We started in the best possible way scoring in the 4th minute however they soon equalised, but we then dominated the rest of the half scoring 3 more goals to go in 4-1 up. Oddvolde fought back in the second half bringing it back to 4-3 but right at the end Lasse Broman scored his first goal of the season with a free kick to settle it. We followed that great game with a turgid 0-0 draw with Orgryte where neither team could put away the few chances available. Against Utsiken we couldn't take control of the game and we played very poorly against Lindsdal to finish the month with a whimper.

JuneInjuries_zps05ff8f69.png

Our results have been hampered by long term injuries in recent weeks all have been to first team players which has caused problems, both Jesper Westermark and Christopher McVey who were signed at the beginning of the season have only played a handful of games so far.

JuneTable_zps6c8585ca.png

We have slipped in the league standings slightly but its still tight in the mid field.

Norrby - July 2018

Division 1 Sodra

JulyResults_zpsae695bc4.png

We started with a solid first two games against Lunds we controlled the play scoring twice in the second half before they scored a consolation late in the game. The game against Trollhatten was a similar story however we managed to keep a clean sheet and Richard Yarsuvat scored his first and seconds for some while

JulyGoaldrought_zpsff417bdf.png

After a positive start to the month it went downhill against Qviding. They had a great start but we missed multiple chances to score but didn't convert and went down to a disappointing 2-1 scoreline.

July100Games_zps57e78fd4.png

It was a close game against Trelleborgs for my 100th game but unfortunately they made more of their chances and we wasted too many shots into the stands.

JulyTable_zps9a577bcb.png

A better month see us back up to 7th but we are still very close to the relegation zone.

JulyWorldCupWinners_zps378ff7ce.png

England always seem to do better in FM than in real life.

Norrby - August 2018

Division 1 Sodra

AugResults_zpsbb4c374e.png

Not a great month but it started well with a straight forward win over Kristianstad completing the double over them this year. It went downhill from there with a run of 3 away games all but one ending in defeat. It was a close game against GAIS but they did enough to win again. I was very disappointed with the game against Rosengard because we never started the game, we were 3-0 down before half an hour and just didn't recover. We finished the month with a scrappy draw against Hassleholms.

No table this month but we were 9th after a poor month.

AugCupResults_zps118a66a7.png

Two solid wins in the cup contrasting our fortunes in the league.

AugCupenGroupDraw_zps1d0f9883.png

A tough group, i'm not sure we will be causing this teams any issues and aren't any of the big teams to gain much additional revenue

Norrby - September 2018

Division 1 Sodra

SeptResults_zpsb5b6080b.png

We lost again at the start of the month with a poor performance against Oddevold with the scoreline flattering us. After the first game I was getting worried that our form was going to nosedive as we finished out the season but I was thankfully wrong with two impressive wins. The first was against Husqvarna where we started very strongly and were 3-0 up before the break. They found a way back into the match in the second half but we held on well to secure our first win in 5 games in the league. It was another strong performance against Orgryte, who scored late in the game making the scoreline look closer than it had been.

SeptTable_zps4299a1f9.png

An improved month leaves us in 7th with 3 games left to play in October

SeptYouthCandidates_zps4cd0e2be.png

Lucas Svensson

Norrby - October 2018

Division 1 Sodra

OctResults_zps88371c8b.png

The season finishes with a unbeaten month but we could only manage one win out of three after taking the lead in each game this month. Our first game was a great start to the month, we scored early and Lasse Broman made it 2-0 with another free kick before they scored a consolation late in the game. The two other games this month both played out the same way. We scored first and they equalised with a headed goal from a corner. Very frustrating and something that I need to look at.

OctTable_zpsf7053bf5.png

We finish 7th below Oddevold on goal difference and only one point below Utsikten in 5th.

OctNewDeal_zps4449b1b4.png

After meeting expectations the board did the sensible thing and offered me another contract which I gladly accepted.

Norrby - Season Review 2018

Division 1 Sodra

Board Expectations: Respectable Position

Actual Finish: 7th

An inconsistent season meant that we were never higher than 7th and that's where we finished.

Svenska Cupen

We are into the group stage of the Cupen, after beating Assyriska and Umea. We join Brage, Jonkopings Sodra, GIF Sundvall in the group stage to be played in pre season.

ReviewConfidence_zps31dc67a8.png

Finances

Average Attendance: 332 (+10)

Turnover: £695,671 (£23,253)

Expenditure: £731,846 (£75,869)

Transfer Spend: £18,189

Profit/Loss: £54,364

Balance: £387,291

EndSponsorship_zps798aa7bb.png

Transfers

Squad

Lasse Broman was the only player that really stood up.

EndTeamoftheyear_zpsbf28d2f8.png

Lasse Broman has been brilliant all year and he has been rewarded by being selected for the team of the year.

| Season | Club | Division | Position | Domestic Cups | Champions League | Europa League | Notes |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2014 | Karslund | Second Division South | 6th | N/A | N/A | N/A | |
| 2015 | Karslund | Second Division South | 5th | N/A | N/A | N/A | Resigned 9/10/15|
| 2016 | Motala | First Division Sodra | 11th | Group Stage Svenska Cupen | N/A | N/A | Sacked 4/3/17 |
| 2017 | Norrby | First Division Sodra | 8th | 2nd Round Svenska Cupen | N/A | N/A | |
| 2018 | Norrby | First Division Sodra | 7th | Group Stage Svenska Cupen | N/A | N/A | |

Archived