FM15: Newcastle United F.C. - Sack Pardew.com

col_nufc1

@Lawly Boi

Great season :applause: Will you be hanging on to Cabella despite his strop?

I've got Jedvaj on my watchlist at moment, but the one I really want is Rulli. Have been having him watched by different scouts for a few months now and they're all saying 'Sign at all costs' so I'll be going in with a bid once the January window opens.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CZcACoX.png

Season Review 2015-2016

remy-cabella-newcastle-manchester-city_3192097.jpg

Another magnificent season from Rémy!

Hopefully I could continue the club's rise this season.

Busy summer as promised. A lot of outgoings, pulling big fees for Siem De Jong and Cheick Tioté. Facundo Ferreyra was an obvious signing after a magnificent loan spell. Charlie Austin comes into the side as a good English striker. Senne Van Rompaey, Eddie Moran, Marko Rog all look like they could be good players in the future. Aaron Kuhl will give competition/backup to the first team, and will again hopefully develop. Constantin Nica will be the backup for Janmaat. Luka Jovic will be around the first team, whilst Aymeric Clement will be the no2 for Tim Krul, and could possibly be a future no1. Alper Ademoglu joins up, as a mid-season shuffle sees some players move. Finally Alison joins to replace Tioté who moved.

cfyVECF.png

Such a magnificent start fell into a whole season of inconsistency. After 6 games, we were sat top of the table. We started to stutter, and dropped down to 4th. Wins over Arsenal(4-2) and Man United(3-0) were great, but defeats against Everton(0-1) and Stoke(1-4) were very poor performances. From that point, it was up and down. Failing to really put together a meaningful run of form, which would eventually cost us dearly in the league.

a7a4e032d8404bb1eb215a0d8df40494.png

We managed to sneak up to 5th on the final game of the season(Man City lost 4-2, Everton 2-1). Despite being a position better, a worse season overall from my view.Four more defeats, more goals, but more conceded, and 2 points less. Much work ahead.

ffa7857a844ccdaa9447883176b34ab8.png

Disappointment in both cups.

4ad6dfcfa4c6a9418d5030a6736986bc.png

Barring the Sporting CP defeats, a fairly straight-forward group.

fb0a10e1484df9ad9933bb40bd123511.png

0839d030b6a7c724a8f31ddfe4812767.png

After putting ourselves in a great position, we capitulated in the second leg, and were knocked out.

GvCiD8u.png

As expected, some performances of quality, and some below the expected standard.

Aaron Kuhl turned out to be a wonderful signing, becoming a important part of my midfield. Cabella switched between the AML and AMC areas, and consistently was a threat going forward. Ferreyra continued where he left off last season, scoring for fun.

--

Turned out that maybe selling Tioté was slightly too rash, as we missed his presence in the centre of the pitch, as Alison did not make the step up(yet). So, a similar player is now a target. Got to fix the issue of the inconsistency, which really cost us a better position in the league.

End of season 2016/2017 update

I f**ked up and i dont think i have the motivation to continue with this save.

Stupidly i went on holiday for a month in december instead of till the next game, killed my season, terrible run of results with assistant in charge. Luckly he didnt ruin my champions league progress.

Im going to cut the update short we ended up finishing 8th and made it to the final of champions league. Beating liverpool on away goals in the semis

I saw my name in lights winning that trophy but i hadnt counted on Sinisa Mihajlovic being a tactical master. His chelsea team scored 4 goals from corners , claiming the trophy with a nice 5-1 win :mad:

CZcACoX.png

End of Season 2016-2017

Third season is done and dusted...

media_xll_6785405.jpg

Schrijvers' debút season was one to remember

Not happy with how the season ended, I made big changes to the squad. As soon as Fulham were relegated, I made a swift move to sign up Patrick Roberts, one of the most promising English players. Mark Kirk, Ínigo Garmendia, Jaroslav Santa and Lucas Otávio are all future stars hopefully, and will look forward to them hopefully developing. Roman Neustader comes in for a huge fee to hopefully fill the void left by Tioté. Siebe Schrijvers joins up to provide the quality competition for Ferreyra.

Some good fees going out for players that wouldn't necessarily be in the team, barring possibly Sissoko and Alison.

4KhM0wY.png

It picked up the same way it left off...inconsistently. Drawing and losing against sides we really should be putting away with ease. Seems we have the measure of United, another 3-0 win :D Heading into the new year, we looked destined for a 6th or 7th place finish if we were lucky. Small tactical change, and the renaissance began. Beating Arsenal was the spark that lit the fuse, as we then went on a superb unbeaten run of 10, throwing us back into the European race. However, it was a final day win over Arsenal at the Emirates that would seal us the perfect end...

d3f9a95e6149f8cc96b0335b1bfe69fb.png

The final day triumph lifted us above Arsenal into 4th place, securing Champions League football for the first time! Highest scoring team in the league, but still leaky defensively.

70849fce78746965c7efe69fed79531f.png

Just one defeat in the group, in what could have been a very tricky group, which was great.

5abf182910b296ad48a7a73d634b5374.png

Finish 2nd, but qualify for knockout rounds, which is all that matters.

019c25caa4a53969a3fe414fb5ea3e35.png

Magnificent run, taking quite a difficult route. Super performances against Inter, Monaco and Dortmund, followed by a thumping of Zenit(who knocked PSG out)...

0800e1564e78b6a733c5b468fafb4d03.png

bed1b83591a9a5feaefdc076d122ff07.png

Wow.....Considering how even things were between the sides int he group, I expected to have a close run game. But Siebe had other ideas!! Absolutely no idea what drugs were given to the players before the match, but we take our first European Silverware.Simply astounding.

b3286a13028e900ae0fbcf1c117f8e7a.png

Cups are a disappointment again. It was a chance to give some other players a run out.

VXIxxQd.png

Certainly no doubting what a magnificent season it was. Goals were aplenty, 5 players with 10 or more. 6 players created 10 or more goals, so happy there. Cabella was missing for much of the second half of the season with a broken leg, whilst 3 months injured for Ferreyra, which led to the emergence(or explosion) of Schrijvers, who played so well, I could not drop him.

Jamaal Lascelles - Rémy Cabella - Siebe Schrijvers

Lascelles is well down on the ratings list, but his performances and growth is something that has been immensely pleasing. Cabella continues to be the main man, although this season mainly from the left wing, and the season could have been much better had he not been injured. Schrijvers took his opportunity with Facundo's injury, and was simply explosive at such a tender age.

--

Great season. We have done it gradually since the start. 6th, then 5th, then 4th this term. It's allowed me to build carefully rather than quickly, and even though I would have liked the quick progress, it's been less pressure and we've improved.

Next season I want to push for 3rd. Defensively I want to improve also, but don't see the need to make the wholesale changes to the team. Good budgets to make any changes and improvements.

2de99eec316d0c8c10b3c4c3c3bbcc5b.png

This will no doubt be aided by the club's successful season, plus the profit in the transfer market. On top of that, the CL qualification will enhance the balance even further, and things are looking very healthy financially for me.

A request fulfilled-

24843f7c291dcf5037e03f148b5f80b8.png

I plan to ask for improvements on Youth and Training facilities, along with Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment this summer, making the most of the club's current financial health.

@DandyDon

Thanks a lot. I signed Schrijvers, expecting him to be a callsy young lad to give some good backup to Facundo. The injury to Facundo has propelled him into the side, and it turned out to be inspiring. That 5 goal haul in EL Final was the icing on the cake, I just wish all new signings made that impact!! As for Cabella, I have no idea!! :lol: I moved him to AML this season, as I couldn't really find a player worth their value in that area, and he has came up trumps.

Will have my transfer update up in the next hour. Not a great deal of incoming activity, but a signal of intent certainly!

CZcACoX.png

Transfer Update 2017-2018

KeEmJde.png

Here is what happened on the transfer front -

TRANSFERS - LOANS

Two huge fees incoming, and one mega fee outgoing. Firstly Daniel Dionisi joins from Colombia, and looks a gifted attacker. Next, Youri Tielemans joins, after becoming unhappy at Anderlecht, and will be an upgrade to the creative midfielder position. Lastly, Jonathan Silva joins from Sporting, as a direct replacement and upgrade to outgoing Davide Santon. I didn't want to sell Santon, but the fee coupled with his wage demands made it a sale I had to make, with a year left on his contract. Ameobi and Campbell are youth academy graduates, but neither had managed to make their mark. Ameobi was magnificent in the first season, but failed to reach the same standards, whilst Campbell just simply never progressed enough. Free transfers see Abeid, Vuckic and Good the notable players to leave.

3306a9aef9625d6fe2ea4446d19e6265.png

Good pre-season. Slight disappointment inthe loss to Barca, but enough positives to work with.

I'm into my second season with a new save. I am a Wenger like slow burner trying to develop youngsters and my vision with the board reflecting this with board requests going into facilities and youth recruitment.

So in season one outward transfers were Obertan for £2.1m to Burnley and De Jong for £7m in the transfer window to Sporting Lisbon. Inward was Balenta for £5.25m + clauses, Veton Berisha £875k from Viking after the scouts brought back promising reports with Kristoffer Ajer arriving in the window for £450k and a deadline day Sergi Roberto for a mere £2.4m from Barca.

We finished a respectable 8th place which did get us into the Europa League surprisingly, the Cup performances nothing to speak of, I seem unable to get the team to overcome lower league opposition!

After 12 games with 6 wins and 5 losses in season 2, I think I'm going to be inconsistent until the team matures. So far the highlight is a Danish FRED who has 7 from 8 games.

CZcACoX.png

Champions League Group Stage 2017-2018

Our first appearance in the Champions League. Seeded third, which meant we could potentially face two top clubs, but after our showing against Barcelona in the Super Cup, I felt confident we could certainly give the big guns a run for their money. I drew Barcelona(surprise), Bayer Leverkusen, and Standard Liége, a tricky but passable group.

ccfd02df66ae392871399043056717b7.png

Incredible!! A double over Barcelona, the current holders. An opening win at home was superb, showing we are ready for Europe's big boys. A draw at Leverkusen was a solid, ground out result, as was the draw at Liége, although our chances were not taken, otherwise we would have won. The return game with Standard was a complete opposite, taking our chances, making the Belgians look like amateurs. Next is the biggest result yet, an annihilation at Barcelona. Against some of the most talented in the world, we stood up and put on a football clinic. We ended the groups with a solid 2-0 win against Leverkusen, ensuring we would finish as group winners, a magnificent feat.

abb8dc338396f1fb528039ac8e78c39d.png

The First knockout Round, we will face a tricky but winnable tie -

SEKVhbS.png

Well reached the January window of my third season, made a couple of moves. Went in for long time scouting target Jeronimo Rulli and got him for £18.75 mill. His transfer was paid for by selling Yanga-Mbiwa to Juventus for £10.75 mill when they came calling and letting Erik Sviatchenko leave for £10 mil to Atletico. Wasn't entirely happy with the prices I got for either of them in the end as they were both valued pretty close to that anyway.

I've also picked up left winger Bernard for a bargain £5.75 mil after he was transfer listed by PSG while David Villa and Michael Carrick have left the club due to being unable to settle in England and a lack of games. We got £600,000 for the two of them, with Villa heading off to CSKA Moscow and Carrick returning to West Ham. Despite the low fees it did take a couple of heavy hitters off our wage budget. The oldest players in the squad are now the 28 year olds Tim Krul, Borek Dockal and Adam Lallana. Also looks like I've lost Ante Coric as I somehow stupidly missed fact that his contract expired in 2017 and didn't realise till AC Milan offered him a deal, he now won't enter contract renewal talks with me. :(

Ayoze has been unsettled by Monaco and wants to know why I turned down their derisory £13 mill offer (with half of that in instalments and add-on clauses) when he's currently valued at £12.5 mill and three years left on his contract.

My second season has closed.

League position 9th 16w 6d 16l. Cup performances were poor and I didn't even get past Brann to qualify for the Europa League. The main problem being scoring goals and none of my strikers even in double figures.

However, I did have a strong end to the season after tweaking my 532 by moving Cabella from an MC to AMC, with Ben Arfa becoming accomplished in a Trequartista striking role. I'm hopeful of a better season after tidying up the squad:

In:

Kurt Zouma loan (30% wages no fee), Jo Gomez £4.7m, Sigurd Blume £2.2m (Danish FRED), Nicklas Agger £1.4m, Nemanja Matic £6m

Out:

Gouffran £2.5m to Leicester, Dummet £1.2m to Leicester, Williamson £400k to Leicester, Cisse £1.5m to Almeria, Sergi Roberto £9.75m to Juventus

Seeing Matic up for sale for only £6m when the bid for Sergi came in was too tempting. I'm hoping this season with Matic 6'4'' and Ajer 6'5'' will be a dominating central midfield partnership.

My first choice line will be:

GK: Krul

DCR, DC, DCL: Lascelles, Gomez, Balanta

WBR: Janmaat

WBR: Santon

MC: Matic, Ajer

AMC: Cabella

STR: Ben Arfa, Blume

In the middle of pre-season for 15/16 and I've got a 45mil bid for Cabella from PSG & Dortmund. I currently have nearly £50mil in the bank from other sales, and Cabella is currently considering a new contract but... 45mil?!?

He was great for me as an AP(A) in my 4-3-1-2 last season with 9 goals and 19 assists, but I've signed Roberto Pereyra on a free who looks like he'll do the job there if I was to let him go.

Any thoughts?

In the middle of pre-season for 15/16 and I've got a 45mil bid for Cabella from PSG & Dortmund. I currently have nearly £50mil in the bank from other sales, and Cabella is currently considering a new contract but... 45mil?!?

He was great for me as an AP(A) in my 4-3-1-2 last season with 9 goals and 19 assists, but I've signed Roberto Pereyra on a free who looks like he'll do the job there if I was to let him go.

Any thoughts?

See if you can nudge them up to the £50 mill mark....nothing wrong with being greedy :D I'd probably have a look around for a real quality replacement before you definitely let him go though. Be bit of a nightmare if he swans off to his new megabucks contract and Pereyra got crocked.

I've accepted the bid, 4.5mil upfront and 40.5 over 6 months (had been 24 but negotiated it down).

Looking at Lallana as his direct replacement, who is unhappy at Liverpool and transfer listed. Think I'll be playing Pereyra in CM anyway, looks like he's better suited there.

Feel I should give a brief of what happened last season, so here goes:

Finished second in the league, joint top with Chelsea but lost out by virtue of scoring 2 goals less.

Won both the C1C & the FA Cup. C1C was a 2-1 win over Everton, FA Cup we beat Liverpool 2-1 as well (Tyneside > Merseyside).

Ferreyra scored 41 goals and managed 14 assists in 42(1) games, 37 of those goals came in 36 league games making him the record holder. He was signed before January because I anticipated him wanting a lot more money if he'd done well, but now he's tied down long term on 17k per week :lol:

Last season we signed:

Delph - 6mil

Ryan Mason - Loan (Bought for 3.8mil in Jan)

Kyle Bartley - 700k

Ashley Williams - 4mil

Kana-Biyik - 2.3mil

Tom Cairney - 3.3mil

Gaston Gil Romero - 4mil

Eric Botteghin - 3.5mil

Giulo Donati - 2.2mil (who then went and tore his ligaments...)

And sold:

Colocinni - 1.3mil (whined early on so out he went)

Williamson - 2mil

Dummet - 1.6mil

Obertan - 2.5mil

S Taylor - 4.75mil

Gouffran - 8.75mil

Tiote - 9.75mil

Colback then left in January for 2mil and Cisse went to Italy for 5mil in January as well.

This summer we've signed:

Bakkali - Free

Sebastian Corchia - 7.5mil

John Stones - 16mil

Ryan Bertrand - 6mil.

& sold:

Janmaat - 26mil

Santon - 25mil

Abeid - 1.3mil (+10% next sale)

Vuckic - 1.2mil

Marveaux - 3.6mil

Looking to line up as so this season:

Krul

Corchia - MYM - Stones - Bertrand

Sissoko - GGR/Anita - Pereyra/Delph

Cabella (or Lallana if Cabella goes)

SDJ - Ferreyra

@Lawly Boi

Great season :applause: Will you be hanging on to Cabella despite his strop?

I've got Jedvaj on my watchlist at moment, but the one I really want is Rulli. Have been having him watched by different scouts for a few months now and they're all saying 'Sign at all costs' so I'll be going in with a bid once the January window opens.

Dortmund ended their interest so I've kept hold of him. I've even offered him a new contract, hes 28 but his value will increase if his performances drop.

Lawly Boi - did u edit the Asymmetric Bulldozer tactic at all? I see many people have changed the striker role...its defaulted to deep lying forward (support).

Nope I left it exactly how it was. Its been hard to pick one striker with Mitrovic, Maupay and Barbosa and they often get inconsistent ratings but I thought altering the striker role would affect the effectiveness of the formation.

I had a bid of £33m accepted for Sterling but he wanted over 200k a week - bearing in mind my top earner Lacazette is on 120k pw, i left negotiations. I've also been offered £70m from PSG for Barbosa who is still only 21, do I sell?

2016/2017 has gone well for me.

A good 7th place only 1 point off 6th and a Europa League place. It was too soon for my Scandinavian teenagers with some average performances before I corrected it by bringing back in Ayoze and Tiote/Sissoko.

Ayoze and Ben Arfa went on to form a good partnership with 15 goals each. My cup runs were better this season.

Out:

Riviere £5m to Reading, Steven Taylor and Abeid released on frees, Coloccini retired (signed as U21 Assistant)

In:

Kurt Zouma Loan (100% wages), Kingsley Coman Loan (100% wages), Pat Bannister (WBL FRED)

We've got the training and youth facilities up top notch now with Peter Wharton (at 5'3'' MC he looks like a creative midfielder) coming through the ranks with all the high PA staff agreeing he's 5*, the only thing is he's born in, erm...Sunderland.

I'm hoping for a challenge on the top 4 next season.

I have somehow conquered the world in 2 full seasons. just started my third. Won the league, twice! Champions league too! at the first attempt. 2nd league win was also an invincible season! Ferreyra, Anita, Cabella, Roberts, Depay are my shining lights.

Looking like Facundo Ferreyra will be heading out of the club in the summer. Schrijvers has been unstoppable, and simply undroppable. Also have Anthony Martial joining on a free transfer from Monaco, and he looks epic. Should be able to do my season review tonight :)

Another season completed - 2017/2018

I slipped back down the table this season - finished 10th, we had a bad start of drawn games, at one point I was 1W 7D 4L with Steve Harper sniping through the press. We turned it around with a few wins but with my young squad, we're still inconsistent. I suspect the cause of the bad start was my experiment to sign 5 players for just over £500k in total from West Africa, they all went straight out on loan to Steaua but knowing FM, I think the arrival of so many new players knocked morale. As a money making scheme it appears to be working out ok, they now have values of £3.5m but they aren't getting games.

The academy is churning out some really good prospects now. The key for me now with some 19 year olds is finding the game time for them.

Transfers:

In (the Africans are all FREDs so not much point naming them), Adrien Rabiot £2.1m, a Swedish FRED striker for £1.8m and Kingsley Coman again on loan.

Out - Anita £5.5m to Cardiff, Tiote £1.3m QPR, Ben Arfa £8.75m to Stoke.

Lascelles and Joe Gomez (now rated as a wonderkid) both made their international debuts for England this season.

Annoyingly I had a power cut after getting past Chelsea on penalties in the league cup to get tonked 3-0 when I reloaded, they had an easy run to the final and won it.

CZcACoX.png

Season Review 2017-2018

650.jpg

Magnificent season from one of England's top prospects.

Fourth season has now finished....

Two players were signed in the January window, whilst two left permanently. Terence Kongolo is the first through the door, a quality central defender for a fee of £12.75m. Secondly, regen forward Alex Mlinaric joined from Dinamo for £1m(plus addons) and has big potential. Making way for Kongolo is Yanga-Mbiwa, who moves to Atlético for £19.75m, whilst Lucas Otávio returns to Brazil for £2.5m after failing to secure work permits.

Some magnificent results. Opening the season by disposing of Manchester City was great, along with big wins against Liverpool, Blackburn, the derby win over Sunderland, West Brom, Arsenal, among others. Still leaking a few too many goals for my liking, but the rate of scoring is incredible, only once we failed to register in the league.

83670839812988ba7a682bcef357938c.png

We won the league! A great triumph, sneaking it on the last day. Liverpool started poorly, but came back strong, proving a stern team to shake off. 119 goals scored in 38 games, an average of just over 3 goals per game. Over 1 per game conceded however, but our GD is simply remarkable. Surprise is Man City, as they fail to qualify for Europe for a second season!

66dab582040dfa228b11c7a21240f1d6.png

The cups were a bit of a disappointment, losing in the semis of the C1C, whilst we fell at the 5th round in the FA Cup.

59cde3a86c777c4159ecae20d163b344.png

Made short work of CSKA Moscow, but fell apart in the Quarter final against Juve. With one defender injured, and Kongolo ineligible, we were left with one rotational and one youth defender, and they(Tevez) took full advantage. Better luck next season.

nv22g62.png

Some quite simply incredible performances. Six players with 10 goals or more, only two outfield players(Janmaat & Neustader) failed to net. Seven players registered assists, three outfield(Moran, Jovic, Janmaat) failing to provide a goal.

Jonathan Silva - Rolando Aarons - Patrick Roberts - Siebe Schrijvers

Silva came in and fitted seamlessly. A solid defender, and a threat attacking. Aarons was given the chance to play this season after Ameobi left, and was immensely impressive, scoring and assisting highly. Roberts became a key figure in the side, sitting just behind the forward, creating goals and finishing chances in equal measure. Finally, Schrijvers again proves his quality, the highest scoring player, and top PL scorer.

---

Finally starting to see some of our prospects coming through. Aarons, Kuhl, Lascelles and Roberts providing an English spine, whilst other players such as Schrijvers, Tielemans, Kongolo adding quality despite their tender age. I don't see any glaring weakness as such, and transfers in will consist of youth along with any deals I can't pass up. It also could be the end of the line for Facundo Ferreyra, as Schrijvers has become undroppable, and his higher wage plus his unlikeliness to settle for a bench role means he could go. We have Jovic, Armstrong and Ayozé at the club, whilst Anthony Martial joins in July on a free transfer, along with young DL Andrés Collavini in August(3.9m).

CZcACoX.png

Honour Roll 2017-2018

Great seasons provide many awards. These are the awards for the players at the club....

a441c9c235261c8df8f2642218b7af6f.png

86a9f1f1ce9a78bde89442b08a7bebab.png

2b742caaa1bc6340a265bb2928a37af7.png

03fbaf5da8054ecd18dd2cbafd50a61d.png

50cdc0f5bd40f664eefd10e8cc13e52c.png

6b102db83b11755e922d777af23da75c.png

Schrijvers is the best young player in Europe, and the most deadly marksman. Tielemans named the best young player in the PL, whilst 5 players in team of the season.

And one for me!

1b27e7044fded89c6b3a904582d09d47.png

2hwppbb.png

Well losing to Spurs in the last game of the season sure sucked!

Still managed to win some trophies, took home the Community Shield, FA Cup and Carling Cup this season.

Lost in the Champion's league semis to Man Utd on away goals which was painful

Overall player performances

Nathan Redmond had an amazing season 7.88 average rating in the league, too bad he spent first half of the season injured

Pavil Savitskiy had a nearly equally as good season with a 7.71 average, still can't believe City sold him back to me for 8.5 million

Luka Jovic broke into the first team as well, 15 goals in 26 league games with 9 assists. Definitely going to be starting next season

Plans for next season

Sell either Ferreyra or Ayoze, only one of them can start with Jovic and they're way too expensive to keep both around

Need to bring in some new defenders as well for next season, Yanga-Mbiwa just left for Man City for 26.5 million and my current defense is pretty weak

Current defense looks like

Jagielka - CB (Now 35 really need a replacement)

Andreas Christensen - CB (Just doesn't feel good enough to be a starter)

Coleman - RB (Has overall been underwhelming also is now 29, might be time to cash out)

Hector Bellerin - RB (Solid back up but not quite up to the level I need for a starter)

Giovanni Hinestroza - RB (18 year old Colombian regen with tonnes of potential, at least a season away from being ready for the Premiership)

Alex Torres - LB (Not much to say only player in my defense I think is up to standard)

So plan for next season definitely has to involve two new centre backs and a back-up for Torres, got the budget for a big signing just need to figure out who, first target is to try to grab Chalobah on a free if I can

I thought 2018/2019 would be my breakthrough season.

My first game of the season was away to Arsenal, so I switched to a non-too pretty direct counter attacking play with my paciest strikers both playing as poachers. We got away with a clean sheet despite 31 shots on goal and sneaked one in, this, followed by a good home win against Chelsea set us up for a title battle for most of the season. The away tactic earned me draws at all the other big sides.

My lean squad couldn't cope with an injury crisis in April combined with 3 players being called away on international duty, we fell away and were even overtaken by Chelsea and Arsenal to finish 6th. The FA cup run was better this season, going out to Chelsea on a replay.

Ultimately the plan remains the same, develop through the youth academy and feeders although no one good coming through the academy this year. Current youth setup costs are around £13m a year so it needs to pay for itself.

Mike Ashley eventually sold up towards the end of the season to a consortium lead by a guy from Telford who floated us on stock exchange. While we got rid of that massive chairman's loan, they took an interest bearing loan out for £30m. No change to my transfer budget.

Season 5 Review

22ar8y.png

I signed Scuffet to challenge Rulli as first choice because Tom Dawson's development was awful.I also stupidly spent £75m on Sterling in January as I regretted backing out of negotiations to sign him for £41m. At the start of the season he wanted £250k per week but I got him for £200k per week in Jan. As you can see from some of my best results he was worth every penny...

357m6ut.png

Won the Premier League and Champions League double for the 3rd season in a row! Wrapped up the title after 33 games and also won the Club World Cup and Super Cup. Again used the Asymmetric Bulldozer tactic but changed the Attacking Midfielder to Support and changed the Striker to an Advanced Forward on Attack.

124j121.png

Another set of unreal results - the Champions League final in particular with Sterling scoring a hat-trick!

Observations:

* John Stones was very inconsistent - especially in the big games. I've tried to sell him now I'm in the summer but there aren't any alternatives much to my surprise

* Tin Jedvaj is still the best player I've ever signed on FM - he broke his average rating records from the previous season

* Ruben Neves very average - Added to Gil Romero and Romero who I previously had and got rid of - Balanta is my first choice DM

* James Ward Prowse is world class, even though I thought Southampton ruined his potential until I signed him aged 23.

* Cabella, Thauvin, Lacazette and Sterling together are all absolutely unreal.

* Mitrovic absolutely garbage, sold him already

I did have a save with Southampton but after being sacked for selling a youth that wouldn't get game time. I decided to join Newcastle who were 17th in the league, managed to finish 11th with them and now about to go into my first full season.

Signings I've made with little to no money.

In:

Richmond Boakye - £5m

Bojan - Exchanged for Jack Colback

Jack Grealish - £11.5m

Aaron Lennon - £2.6m

Out:

Rickie Lambert - Free

Andros Townsend - £7.75m

Jack Colback - Exchanged for Bojan

Jordi Amat - £7.5m

Jack Grealish - Loaned back to Villa for the season

Kevin Mbabu - £250K

I'm in the 17/18 season so a lot has changed before I even got here.

Hopefully I can push on from last season and get into the top 6-7.

• 2 weeks later...
Season 5 Review

22ar8y.png

I signed Scuffet to challenge Rulli as first choice because Tom Dawson's development was awful.I also stupidly spent £75m on Sterling in January as I regretted backing out of negotiations to sign him for £41m. At the start of the season he wanted £250k per week but I got him for £200k per week in Jan. As you can see from some of my best results he was worth every penny...

357m6ut.png

Won the Premier League and Champions League double for the 3rd season in a row! Wrapped up the title after 33 games and also won the Club World Cup and Super Cup. Again used the Asymmetric Bulldozer tactic but changed the Attacking Midfielder to Support and changed the Striker to an Advanced Forward on Attack.

124j121.png

Another set of unreal results - the Champions League final in particular with Sterling scoring a hat-trick!

Observations:

* John Stones was very inconsistent - especially in the big games. I've tried to sell him now I'm in the summer but there aren't any alternatives much to my surprise

* Tin Jedvaj is still the best player I've ever signed on FM - he broke his average rating records from the previous season

* Ruben Neves very average - Added to Gil Romero and Romero who I previously had and got rid of - Balanta is my first choice DM

* James Ward Prowse is world class, even though I thought Southampton ruined his potential until I signed him aged 23.

* Cabella, Thauvin, Lacazette and Sterling together are all absolutely unreal.

* Mitrovic absolutely garbage, sold him already

Nice season Lawly, what formation are you using?

Nice season Lawly, what formation are you using?

I was struggling so I decided to download the Asymmetric Bulldozer formation. Only difference is that I've swapped the Attacking Mid to Advanced Playmaker Attack (it was support) and the Deep Lying Forward on Support to an Advanced Forward on Attack.

It's basically an attacking 4-5-1 but has worked wonders ever since I started using it. I'm just not sure of the rules on posting where I got it from etc.

A-MAZ-ING - thanks Welshace. I've just clinched the title first season for Valencia so the element of challenge has gone slightly. Might stick around for one more season but the temptation to take over my beloved Toon might be too great. Decisions, decisions. First order of business though for NUFC will be to give Carver, Stone and Woodman Das Boot! NUFC is always my legacy save - sole challenge is to create a dynasty at SJP.

Will be interesting to see if there are any major changes to the team - a lot of people clambering for boosts to Aarons & Armstrong - think they were about right.

Anyway, Howay the lads. Lets do this.

Starting a save on a new patch, just a few things to note: Perez, Sissoko, Janmaat, Haidara and Abied have been improved, Olivier Kemen & Aarons in the U21's also. Colback may have been improved as well.

I am going to start a new Newcastle United save on the new patch after my SC Preußen Münster save won't load anymore :(.

It'll be interesting to see how Aarons, Pérez, Armstrong, Colback have been changed from the default dababase and hopefully have had a increase.

Just started a new save, the first with the january update, with Newcastle. One signing so far in Andre Ayew from Marseille, for £5 million. Wanted Lucas Digne as well, but he's asking unrealistically high wages, so that won't happen. Pre-season has gone well, with 4 games played, resulting in 4 wins. 1-0, 3-0, 5-0 and 6-0... Toon Army attacks!

Archived