How revolutionary is a revolution?

The only thing that would impress me and get me really excited would be a tactical/training revamp... I think that is the great step forward.

Much more detailed system where you have more options of what to do with players on the pitch.

The only thing that would impress me and get me really excited would be a tactical/training revamp... I think that is the great step forward.

Much more detailed system where you have more options of what to do with players on the pitch.

Seconded. Along with a tweaked, fixed and solid match engine (if the one in FML is really that good, then I'll go with that!), this would be a pretty good turn for FM09 as these elements are the core of football management.

What if they added a bunch of old databases, giving you the ability to pick up and use the current match engine in certain situations. The whole Scenerio board basically being implemented in the game. have 98/99 rosters in and have challenges and stuff e.g Winning the Treble with United, keeping Barnsley up. ALright maybe not the challenge thing, but those would be options you would have the options of doing. I would certainly consider that a revoloution if not a licensing nightmare.

What if they added a bunch of old databases, giving you the ability to pick up and use the current match engine in certain situations. The whole Scenerio board basically being implemented in the game. have 98/99 rosters in and have challenges and stuff e.g Winning the Treble with United, keeping Barnsley up. ALright maybe not the challenge thing, but those would be options you would have the options of doing. I would certainly consider that a revoloution if not a licensing nightmare.

And a research nightmare as well.

If it's 3D, it better be "Sensible Soccer" style graphics / players. That way we could still have a whole pitch, overhead view... Only slightly more idea what was going on.

Darn, it would be majorly sweet if they did introduce Sensible Soccer-like graphics. That would be a massive step forward for me. Heck, thinking about it makes an FM-SS marriage seem like the most obviously good idea ever.

I concur on the snooping around tactics, that seems like the likeliest ground for this revolution.

The new features are:

A 3-D match engine, better press interraction, players dying on the pitch, car crashes, the ability to spend your money on hookers and a yacht, board confidence fixed, agents throwing players at you, press conferences, streakers (in the 3D engine), war breaking out in unstable regions (meaning your players get called up for national service), aliens landing, last-minute goal conspiracies, fixed cup draws, ref bribing, tapping up players and the ability to ban the BBC from interviews because they accused you of being a bit naughty.

I know all this is true cos my cousin had a dream about it and put it on his blog: http://www.madeupcrazystuff.com/

Forgive my ignorance but isn't there someway you can play people online on the regular game? Not throughout a season and all that, but a sperate mode that allows you to use your team that you have created in the normal game to play mini tournamants against real online gamers. Oh yeah, without charging any subscription fee for the privalige, like online pro evo and fifa. If there isn't maybe somthing like that will be added.

Any Ideas on this one

How quickly you forget the pre patch FM 2008 we all bought last year. Its the only copy of FM/CM i ever gave away, and then reverted back to 07

Why would I want to forget FM2008 (pre or after patch)?

Ever since the release of FM2008 the only break I've had from it was when I went to Greece at Easter cos my sister had a baby. It's the only copy of FM/CM that has ever had that effect on me (and I've played every copy since 1991).

By the way, my brother in Germany (to whom I send a copy every year) is still playing FM2008 in its pre-patch state, as he can't afford the internet, so obviously he must be happy enough - right?

Surely 3d would be an EVOLUTION, i.e, a natural progression. Revolution is something different altogether, probably an overhaul of most of the game. SI took a fair amount of stick for FM08 (which I loved btw) because it was a slightly touched up version of 07. I'm expecting something completely new, with extra attention on tactics, training and transfers. I also think interaction will have recieved a revamp, with players and with the board. And possibly with coaching staff but I'm not that hopefull. I would like them to do more with the career game option, which, from what I can tell, is becoming more and more popular, but I doubt they'll have went that far.

But you never know with SI, so I'd be willing to bet that in 24 hours, we'll all be on here, saying, "I should have KNOWN that's what they'd do."

I'd be quite happy with a few changes. Board expectations should definitely be changed to be more realistic (Spurs winning the league inside 3 years?) and should be negotiable before you accept a job offer. The transfer system should be changed and I'd prefer newgens to come through as decent players rather than with the facegen thing. I also find some of the finances aren't what they could be. With player and media interaction I can't see any changes being made that wouldn't become repetitive after a while, and I'd only like the 3D match engine if they can do it right, unlike the first attempt that CM made which was awful.

Archived