Can't proceed/continue, any tips?

I've just played out an intensely tense (can those two words be used together? :rolleyes:) match against City in the Quarter Final of the Capital One Cup where we managed to somehow eek out a 3-3 draw to send it to penalties, scoring with our only chances on goal. The match has gone to Penalties, but the option to continue has neglected to show, a la:

ManCityvBolton_OverviewOverview_zps6122802a.png

I've also tried hitting continue, backspace, escape and almost every single button but to no avail. Anybody have any ideas on how to tease the Play/Continue button out of hiding, or should I give up and pray I saved the game recently?

ManCityvBolton_PitchFull_zps17e1df36.png

Think this is a known bug and if you go out of that screen (click on a player or something) and then back to the match, you should be able to continue.

Unfortunately I tried that to no avail. Decided to close it down and I'll replay the match at a later date. C'est la vie.

• 2 weeks later...

NOOO! It happened again!

DYHIi4Q.jpg

I'm 500k in the red and desperate to progress in the cups, so of course this happens in the worst possible moment after having beaten a championship team with my team who is expected to fight relegation in League Two. I made a substitution after about 89:30 min, and it went through around 91:00 min played, but when I go into the tactics screen I still see the "cancel pending changes" button.

I've tried clicking a player and his nationality, but no luck. Space bar too. Any other tricks? It seems stuck. Fortunately I have a weekly auto save, as this is the 3rd time it has happened to me.

42UWp9u.jpg

Suck on that Millwall! I think our fans will be singing about the time we beat Millwall twice on the same day for a long time.

I basically clicked everything, and then I clicked everything again in every possible order I could think of. Eventually the game froze and I had to force quit through the task manager.

This was two days ago, but I'm sure it'll happen again at some point so I'll happily take any advise. What do you mean by stuck in highlight mode, and how does one get it un-stuck? Do you mean watching a replay of what happened earlier? If so I'm very sure that is not the case as I even tried going back watching clips from the match to see if that would end the match.

All three times this has happened to me it has been the same. The match ended after a change was made in injury time, but the 'waiting for highlight' circle kept spinning and there was no way to continue. In the tactics screen the option to cancel pending changes were there, but pressing it didn't change anything. In the team talks screen it displayed the pre-match team talk and I couldn't click on anything. Going in and out of the match does nothing, the same for loading a different match and then going back. Clicking on player and nationality didn't help either.

Archived