I want to bring a 21y/o Argentine to England, possible?

Jeronimo Rulli, great goalkeeping prospect.

Would like to bring him to Hull but had a work permit turned down.

Does anyone know the criteria to be granted a work permit?

Is it possible to buy him & send him out immediately on loan someone to Spain so he can gain Citizenship.

Citizenship and Work permit are different things, for eg a player has to play live in England for 5 years to get British Citizenship. You can send players to loan in leagues like Belgian but at 21 he may reject it. You're unlikely to have a feeder club since you're playing as Hull City.

For WP, A player has to quality as either a exceptional talent (Which isn't possible at 21, I'd guess) or he needs to be playing majority of the games for his national side in last year or so, someone else might be able to explain in detail.

It is possible for a player at 21 to qualify as an exceptional talent, but for the most part you'd have to send them off to Belgium or Holland first for them to grind for some residency qualification.

While most players won't do it, GKs tend to be ok with doing this for a while. If he performs well and his stats shoot up, he'll probably qualify for a work permit anyway.

It is possible for a player at 21 to qualify as an exceptional talent, but for the most part you'd have to send them off to Belgium or Holland first for them to grind for some residency qualification.

While most players won't do it, GKs tend to be ok with doing this for a while. If he performs well and his stats shoot up, he'll probably qualify for a work permit anyway.

So how can I send him on loan before I confirm the signing? The deal always falls through on the work permit and I have never seen an option to ship them out before that!

For a player to gain a work permit they need to have played in 75% of their nations competitive games over 2 years whilst that nation has to be in the top 70 as well. Obviously as has been mentioned. If a player is considered a good prospect then they may be granted one. There may also be other exceptions at the time of the hearing.

Edit: For you to send a player out on loan to gain nationality to help the work permit process. I do believe you have to have a feeder team who are based in one of the nations where it's fairly easy to gain nationality. So if you don't have one of those clubs already, it might be worth asking your board if the option is open to ask them.

So how can I send him on loan before I confirm the signing? The deal always falls through on the work permit and I have never seen an option to ship them out before that!

Go to 'Board room - Talk to board - Networking - 'We should find a feeder club to enable us to send players abroad to secure work permits'

If I remember rightly, they'll be able to sign for you, but you'll then need to loan them to your feeder club for however many years before they can play league/cup(?) games.

Go to 'Board room - Talk to board - Networking - 'We should find a feeder club to enable us to send players abroad to secure work permits'

If I remember rightly, they'll be able to sign for you, but you'll then need to loan them to your feeder club for however many years before they can play league/cup(?) games.

Thank you, they are putting together a list of clubs to choose from as we speak!

AFAIK Spain only takes 2 years to gain EU Citizenship, then he will be able to play for me. I dont suppose there are any shorter term options available such as Belgium or Holland which where mentioned above?

I signed him at the start of my save

Didn't get a WP, sent him out on loan to Gent (where he's been rotating with Sean Johnson - another WP-less GK)

still not got it yet and just started season 4

he's about to get Belgian nationality, but hasn't really improved that much for me - so I may sell him (must have got the bad end of his PA)

Did you try again straight after getting the work permit failed? you get an option to protest, usually that works.

Yes tried this, it fails the second time too.

Had a look at his CA PA

125/175

That potential surely warrants a permit!

Yes tried this, it fails the second time too.

Had a look at his CA PA

125/175

That potential surely warrants a permit!

Indeed, one would expect a WP to be handed out at these values. Maybe his reputation isn't high enough.

that is strange as after protest I have never not been able to sign a player...you just get told you can sign him but he cannot play for you...so you have to loan him out/ to a feeder club, I usually get a Spanish club affiliated asap due to their rules with this type of player

If you have a WP feeder club you can complete the transfer and try loaning him to there.

However, if you do not have an according feeder club then the transfer collapses.

That also means that if you have a WP feeder club, you have to read the news item carefully, cause many players just sign the player without having taken note of the fact that a WP was denied and that accordingly the player cannot be played.

Ok, unfortunately the board failed to find a suitable feeder club so in this case I guess this wont be happening.

Didnt really want to wait at all as I want to develop him but oh well.

Strange about the CA/PA thing though, maybe he needs more initial CA to be labelled as a good prospect who can obtain a permit

Archived