[FM14] Oliver Jensen's Nomadic Career Thread

fmFutbolManager

Our league form has been fantastic. Would be great to get through the season undefeated, but when we get into the final 10 games against the top teams I can see us dropping a few points.

The cup was disappointing, but we don't have the squad to deal with all the midweek games, so as disappointed as I am, I'm hoping it will give us a little bit of a helping hand in Europe.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Juliper Pro League

LVsAJdV.png

Our unbeaten run in the league continues. Our great form in the league continues. We did have a scare against KV Kortrijk, they absolutely battered us for 90 minutes, but we managed to get a goal to equalise theirs and hold on for the point. Big wins for us against Standard and Genk, which really does give us confidence to go forwards. Not only that but the form of Peters and Paredes all but confirm that Benzia could be leaving this summer. He has been poor this season with 16 goals from 33 games, so if we receive an offer again in the region on €26m then I'd let him go.

12 point lead maintained.

7c4MbNZ.png

Results | Europe League | First Knockout Round| Leg 1

jqhDejU.png

We really didn't deserve this result. I know it seems a common theme with me this season, but we really didn't. We matched them for possession and attempts, but our keeper had a nightmare letting in 2 long-range speculative shots to all but end our hopes in Europe. We did manage to get an away goal, Benzia firing us into the lead on 4 minutes, but the dream start was soon over on 27 minutes when they equalised through Longo. They were quickly 3-1 up after the break with Malele getting a brace.

I just hope we can come out in the home leg and get a quick couple of goals. That away goal is all we hang onto.

Next up...

A key month, a defining month almost for our season. Genoa is the big one as we should be winning all of those league games.

8JgpDEt.png

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

A cracking month in the league - you're looking like having a very good lead after the league splits and the points and halved. :thup:

Can definitely seen your thinking with Benzia. His form does seem to have really dropped this season and in all honesty €26million could be extremely well invested back into the squad.

Superb thread chap!

Honestly can't praise it enough. Really interesting read full of highs like the league form and lows being the cruel exit from the champions league after a great effort. Thats what has drawn me to your thread. While I dont tend to contribute my own career happenings in my own long term save I enjoy reading how others who tend to play long term saves do. What makes me stop reading other career posts is people who basically get immediately success and within 5 mins have won everything there is to win. Not because those people are not achieving great things but its just nice to read a more 'real' story full of bad times as well as good times.

Keep up the good work chap. Only thing i'd like to see more of is pretty pictures (stadia, facilities etc...) & maybe some kind of unique section in your monthly summary. Like what others have done with your own personal award of the month or something totally new.

Cant wait to check the site again and see where your careers taken you :) itchy feet or are you looking to take a few more steps in the Champions league before moving else where? Any preference on next destination? Spain, Italy, England?

A cracking month in the league - you're looking like having a very good lead after the league splits and the points and halved. :thup:

Can definitely seen your thinking with Benzia. His form does seem to have really dropped this season and in all honesty €26million could be extremely well invested back into the squad.

Thanks, Tom. The split is a pain in the ass, but at least it keeps things tight. I need to remember that all the teams will take points from each other so a couple of blips after the plot isn't a disaster.

I'm planning a new tactic for next season that makes us more defensive (for Europe) but also gives us excellent attacking opportunities. Still in the 'design' phase, but hopefully with that money I can buy a couple of players I need to fill the roles I have. We have to do better in Europe.

Superb thread chap!

Honestly can't praise it enough. Really interesting read full of highs like the league form and lows being the cruel exit from the champions league after a great effort. Thats what has drawn me to your thread. While I dont tend to contribute my own career happenings in my own long term save I enjoy reading how others who tend to play long term saves do. What makes me stop reading other career posts is people who basically get immediately success and within 5 mins have won everything there is to win. Not because those people are not achieving great things but its just nice to read a more 'real' story full of bad times as well as good times.

Keep up the good work chap. Only thing i'd like to see more of is pretty pictures (stadia, facilities etc...) & maybe some kind of unique section in your monthly summary. Like what others have done with your own personal award of the month or something totally new.

Cant wait to check the site again and see where your careers taken you :) itchy feet or are you looking to take a few more steps in the Champions league before moving else where? Any preference on next destination? Spain, Italy, England?

wow — thank you.

I think my lack of success is perhaps down to my ability more than anything. Which is probably why the game seems more realistic and for me to be in Belgium still. Which leads me on nicely to the other point: I don't have itchy feet at the moment, but I can see myself going to England one day. I have a list of clubs I'd like to manage: Chelsea, Dortmund, Atleti are three of them, mainly because they're not seen as ones that always get success, so it would be a good challenge to see how I can do. Also, I've never managed them so would like to give it a try.

Doing the career thread is the first time for me, I've never done journeyman before, I usually just pick a top team and play until I'm bored. Playing and writing and moving about is realistic for me and keeping me interested. Of course it always helps when you get comments like this too.

As for the pictures, happy to include more or try add a more personal slant to the monthly updates. I will see what I can come up with.

:)

March 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Juliper Pro League

oZPJazS.png

A great run in the final 3-games of the normal season. We ended strong to ensure we finished in a strong position. being 14 points clear gives us a 7 point lead in the group stages. An early goal against STVV ensured the three points with Oar getting a rare one. Mons and Lierse were taken to bits and we finished strong with 9 goals across the 4 games. Carrasco was in excellent form, scoring 4 of the goals: a hat trick in one of the games. Hazard continues his impressive scoring run, and more noticeable that Benzia is still not firing for us.

A strong 14 point lead going into the groups.

9LH20tD.png

Results | Juliper Pro League | Championship Group

YgaZEd0.png

Not the best of starts in the Championship Group, but it could have been much worse. We were completely outplayed in the first half and were lucky to only be 1 goal down. on 65 minutes though we were and we were staring at our first league defeat. However, the ever reliable Carrasco pulled one back on 77 minutes. We overloaded them and managed to get the equaliser 3 minutes from time. We almost won the match on 92 minutes, the bar saving Charleroi.

Our lead at the top sliced down to 5 points.

vMAbogU.png

Results | Europe League | First Knockout Round| Leg 2

e1PqRQv.png

Heartbreak for the fans. We were so unlucky. We raced into a 2 goal lead with goals from Parades and Hazard. It would have been enough to send us through, but nerves started to settle in and Genoa pulled one back on 26 minutes. Benzia finally scored on 35 minutes to put us 3-1 ahead, 4-4 on aggregate, but we just couldn't hold on. They got another on the stroke of halftime to make it 3-2 on the night. We couldn't find a goal in the second half and on 82 minutes our fears were confirmed. They scored again to end our hopes.

Onto next season...

Next up...

Just the league games to go. A busy and tough schedule but with no other distractions all our focus will be on retaining the league title.

i8Ng5Bs.png

A good end to the league season proper and a good lead to take into the split, but christ you ballsed up a bit in the first Championship Group against a side you probably should be winning against, even away from home. Still, it's a decent little lead you have and you should be winning the title from here. :thup:

Tough luck in the Europa League. Genoa though are a decent enough outfit.

A good end to the league season proper and a good lead to take into the split, but christ you ballsed up a bit in the first Championship Group against a side you probably should be winning against, even away from home. Still, it's a decent little lead you have and you should be winning the title from here. :thup:

Tough luck in the Europa League. Genoa though are a decent enough outfit.

That first game was a nightmare. We've fallen to pieces. We're not playing as good as we were and persisting with Benzia is costing us. I'm just going to have to drop him. He's been dreadful this season.

Gutted with the Europa League. Even Olhanense have made it to the Semi-Final (beating Genk en route).

Seems a safe enough lead ahead of the second phase :thup:

It was, but the points were cut and then there was a bit of a hiccup. More on that coming soon...

March 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

4KczYkl.png

What a month!

This Championship Group is always full of surprises, but it was of no surprise that we lost our first game of the season, finally. We were dreadful and continued our trend of conceding first against Genk. In fact we were 2-0 down after 16 minutes. I quickly changed things and on 38 minutes we were level through goal by Carrasco and Najar. A stern talking to at half time wasn't enough and we soon were down on 67 minutes. We went for the equaliser but in doing so we left ourselves open and the 4th was slotted home 4 minutes from time.

We had much better form against Standard, KV, Brugge and Charleroi slotting 4 goals past each of them. Peters proving that he is ready to take over from Benzia should he ask for another transfer this summer. That excitement was short lived though as we cam unstuck again against KV to lose our second of the season.

It has been a fantastic month, despite the losses. We are 7 points clear in the league. We've scored 98 goals and have a goal difference of +62 — I don't think anyone can deny that we deserve this league!

3 games to go. 1 win will seal it.

vOKeDVo.png

Next up...

3 big games to play. 3 big points needed. Nothing more on that needs to be said. Except it'd be bloody brilliant to score over 100 goals.

sVe88o9.png

Some more excellent news for us. Sys has been linked with all the major clubs in Europe so happy to have him extend his contract.

ZH25bom.png

R7dGyRb.png

I just need to get this guy to agree an extension. He's having none of it at the moment. I might have to make him the highest paid player, but I'll have to get a few off the wage bill first.

i2lqydi.png

I think it's safe to say well done on another league title. Here's hoping you can push on in Europe next season.

It would take something catastrophic for it not to be, so thanks :D

Next season we will go again and see how far we can go.

Well the title is all but secured really, even if you had a couple of sticky results have delayed it a little. Great goal scoring record throughut the month aswell. :thup:

April 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

JcGmqU7.png

As expected we sealed the league with our first game of the month. Fitting that it was Praet who got the 100th goal as he will be off this summer (subject to his asking price being met). It was a simple win, despite the scoreline. We were comfortably 2-0 up and cruising but for a short lapse in concentration towards the one of the match letting Genk pull one back.

The other two games were a write off. We played a lot of the younger players and were hammered by Standard. Shows they have a lot of development do go through if they're to step up into the first team. The final game of the season finished a draw with a brace from Benzia. We cruised this game and should have won it, but they got a couple of late goals back for the draw but it didn't matter as were were already crowned champions.

Very happy with the final league table. Despite the 3 losses coming at the end of the season I think we've done remarkably well.

1NULOit.png

Next up...

End of season review coming up with plans for next season. A lot of changes will be happening over the summer. Will keep you posted. Now for a long rest.

Well done on the league win. Are you sticking with Anderlecht or have you lined up something new for next season? Only reason i ask is that your last post indicates, to me anyway, that you are feeling a little bit stagnated in Belgium.

Well deserved if I do say so myself.

Hg87gI3.png

Well done on the league win. Are you sticking with Anderlecht or have you lined up something new for next season? Only reason i ask is that your last post indicates, to me anyway, that you are feeling a little bit stagnated in Belgium.

I'm going to stay, unless I get a good offer elsewhere. The changes are in relation to Praet and Benzia (my two best players), as they keep asking for transfers so tempted to let them go and try rebuild without them.

Congratulations on sealing the title. Had a bit of a 'mare in your final two games but by then it was academic. Again, congratulations. :thup:

Thanks. It wasn't the best end, we took our foot off the pedal. But it's all academic now, as you say.

End of Season Review 2017/18 | RSC Anderlecht Annual review

pSUTy8X.png

Review | Supercup van België | Winners

Board expectation: Not important

It wasn't important to the board that we won it, but to come up against Standard and win 3-0 so comprehensively was a good benchmark for the season. It set the standard that I expected and very pleased to have retained the cup.

Review | Jupiler Pro League | Winners

Board expectation: Win the league

With the board expecting the win it was good to meet the objective. Our second league title in a row. It'll be the main objective again next season. It was particularly pleasing finishing with 103 goals. Worryingly we finished the league with 11 more points than the season before, but finished the group stage level on points with last season. Although, we did take our foot off the pedal after winning the league with 2 games to go.

Review | Cofidis Cup | Quarter-final

Board expectation: Win the cup

Disappointed to have gone out at the quarter final against Standard. We expected to at least get to the final to give us a good chance of winning it. However, I think it helped our league form since having such a small squad means we tire a lot at the end of the season. Next year we will give it a better go.

Review | Champions League | Group Stages

Board expectation: Reach the group stage

A very tough group again, and we came so close finishing level on points with Milan, but proud to have taken a step closer. We will be going for it next season for sure. We have to qualify.

Review | Europa League | First knockout Round

Board expectation: N/a

No expectations to be met here, but I was disappointed to go out in the way that we did. It didn't mean much to us financially but we could have done with improving our reputation.

Managers top player

Thorgan Hazard.

He was sensational. So important for us this term considering his relatively understated role in the team. His reputation has improved and is wanted by a few clubs this summer but hopefully we can keep hold of him.

Managers most improved player

Ramiro Peters.

With 11 goals and 2 assists he stepped into some very big Benzia sized shoes when we needed him most in the second half of the season. I'll be expecting big things from him next season.

What's Next...

New season review coming soon...

Thanks for reading.

Season Review 2018/19 | RSC Anderlecht Season review

pSUTy8X.png

Board Expectations | My Expectations

Juliper Pro League: Win the league | Win the league

UEFA Champions League: Reach the group stage | Qualify from the group stage

Cofidis Cup: Win the cup | Reach the final

Supercup van België: Not important | Win the cup

Same expectations from the board this season. I'm comfortable with these, but I do want to make more of a go in Europe than the past two seasons. It's been hard to recruit quality above what we have to push us on, but we will give it another go and hopefully the group will be a little kinder to us.

Finances

Transfer budget: €1,440,634

Wage budget: €624,277(currently spending €620,814)

Bank balance: €16,495,328

We will need to clear a few players off the wage budget to release some more transfer funds. I don't foresee any major signings. We have a couple of free-signings coming in over the summer. There could be a couple of players leaving: Benzia and Praet have expressed a wish to leave so will see what sort of offers we get for these two.

What's Next...

A friendly tour in China and USA, followed by the Supercup Final against Zulte Waregem and then the start of the season in August. Cannot wait.

Thanks for reading.

Winners of the cup? You need to proof read more. :D

Decent season winning the league, but need to start making bigger strides in Europe, even if it's in the Europa League.

Why when I have you to check it all for me :D (it was a copy/paste error)

Agree completely. We need to make more of a charge in Europe, but it's tough getting the standard of players in that we need. However, if I can keep the young players progressing and keep hold of them we should be able to make progress over the next couple of seasons.

I'm not sure I'll get bored just yet. I can see myself being here for at least another couple of seasons. I have so many promising young players I want to bring through and develop, too.

I would like to get a few more dots along the top line to put Anderlecht as the dominant force in Belgium and set them up for long term success.

LMiiGyM.png

July 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Friendlies

TCZQ1MN.png

A busy month of friendlies. We did a tour of China and USA (no confirmed increase in income from this though). Results were good. We thought about a chance to the formation, but decided to keep with the 4-2-3-1 but changed a few instructions.

A good mix of goals from all over the pitch. Successfully navigated the games with no major injuries.

Results | Supercup van België

3uDEz8U.png

We expected to win, and we delivered. New boy Imbula getting his first for the club, excluding friendlies. The outgoing Benzia scoring on his last appearance for us.

Transfers Out

€46.61m in sales and counting. We have let 25 leave on a free. Mainly youth players that weren't developing as we would have liked. Main players so far to leave are Benzia for a record €27.5m (€20m up front) and Óliver for €15.5m (all up front). It is looking like Praet could also be leaving, but despite putting allowing him to leave no-one has made us an offer.

Transfers In

No money has gone on transfers yet. We have signed a couple of players on free transfer. Not sure whether we will be making any signings yet. May introduce a few youth players into the first team.

Really excited for Imbula.

Defender Luka Krajnc

Midfielder Giannelli Imbula

Next up...

At last the start of the season. Expecting a much better show in Europe. That could be hard with the players we've let go but we will try.

z3efgMu.png

Good preseason to help boost morale going into the new season. A couple of good signings so far aswell, especially Imbula - he looks terrific.

Yeah he is going to be key this year I think. Tempted to go for another striker to help share the goals.

Fantastic story keep up the good work.............

Thanks for posting. Stick around :)

August 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Jupiler Pro League

1lINoy4.png

Oh dear. Absolutely dreadful start to the campaign. Dominating games, but Peters and Dongou are not stepping into Benzia's shoes. Despite showing me last season they could do. We should have won all the games, but just couldn't finish off any of the plethora of chances we've created.

Charleroi, STVV and Genk were completely outplayed, but the strikers were nowhere to be seen. Club Brugge we were fortunate to beat, but we will take the result.

Down in 8th, but it's very early days yet. I have a couple of days to buy a striker, should I decide to...

0QKt6YS.png

Managers thoughts...

We need to improve. I have no doubt we can start to pick up results again. We have a tough group in the Champions League again, Real Madrid, Shakhtar and Sheriff. It'll be tough, but we will try our best. A busy month, but a lot of winnable game. We must improve.

CLcKst8.png

Oliver Jensen

September 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

7A487EH.png

Much better in the league this month. We found our form and started to put away the goals. They're coming from all over the pitch too, which is always pleasing. We were phenomenal against Lierse, Henen getting a superb hat trick, warranting his move up from the U21 team. Unfortunately he was then injured early on against Lokeren, but it didn't matter, we were emphatic again, securing a comfortable 4-1 win.

We sit in 2nd in the league now. Standard have gathered some early momentum but hopefully we can claw back some of those points in the coming weeks.

GN1DUku.png

Results | Cofidis Cup | 6th Round

AV4cK7v.png

A mixed team, U21s and first team players and it was an easy result in the end. Dongou getting an important hat trick that'll do his confidence the world of good.

Lierse up next.

Results | Champions League | Group Stages

4TT2CeA.png

An excellent result away from home. We took an early lead through Krajnc but despite our domination we couldn't pull further ahead. We let Shakhtar back in it on 31 minutes and that was to be the last goal of the game.

hwa16hX.png

Real Madrid up next.

Managers thoughts...

It's getting tougher. We have some big games coming up this month. A respectable performance against Madrid will suffice if we can take maximum points against Sheriff. The league games should be a formality, but balancing the Champions League will be tough.

oRn5QJ5.png

Oliver Jensen

October 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

C1cWY4E.png

A poor month to undo all the good work of last month. I don't know what went wrong at Brugge, we were completely dominated and no matter what we tried we just couldn't get going. Maybe it was due to the European game just a couple of days before but we were well and truly beaten. A couple of good games against Waasland and Gent, but then another crazy game in which we dominated this time, but still lost to Waregem. We had 4 times the shots but they caught us on two counter attacks to take the points.

It's not looking good in the league at the moment. We need to start picking up points soon if we're to retain our title.

rUKzcdY.png

15Xn36V.png

We were always going to lose to Madrid so to limit them to just the 2 goals was a good result for us. Fortunately Shakhtar slipped up against Sheriff, meaning we could pull ahead of them. We won comfortably in the end against Sheriff despite going a goal behind.

efkjVZA.png

Sheriff up next. We must take all three points to move 5 points clear of Shakhtar, assuming Madrid win as expected.

Managers thoughts...

A mixed month for us. We were excellent in Europe but threw away some points we should have been winning in the league. We have some tough games coming up. We must step up and keep the pressure on Standard whilst also putting ourselves in a good position to qualify from the Champions League group. I've signed a few younger players again this month, 8 players joining us in January. Should allow us to bulk up the youth and U21 teams.

Some other good news is the board have agreed to further increase the youth facilities (as well as the general training facilities earlier this year), so that should allow us to continue to turnover some excellent youth players.

Fixtures coming up.

NX6HhBd.png

Oliver Jensen

November 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

4wgBsYg.png

Not a bad month in all honesty. Our league form is somewhat suspect following last seasons excellence. We should have beaten OH, we had 26 shots at goal with 65% possession but we just couldn't get a goal. However, we were much better against Standard and Mons. Midfielders are chipping in with goals which has been important. Henen is back from injury and it was good to see him get a goal, too.

7 points behind with a game in hand. As long as we can stay within 5 points of Standard going into the split we will be okay I think.

XZZhG1E.png

6GRKPMK.png

Absolutely fantastic performances in Europe form my players. Against Sheriff we did the job. We were a goal down again against them but came back to clinch an important victory. Verses Shahktar we were phenomenal. We should have won by more but we only needed a draw to qualify.

Absolutely ecstatic to have qualified.

s6odmiS.png

Madrid up next. We don't need the points so it'll be a chance for some of the fringe players to test themselves to allow us to concentrate on the league.

Managers thoughts...

It was a good month overall. We have qualified from the Champions League group stages and await the draw to see who we will come up against. The league has been good too and we were unbeaten. Standard remain strong so we will have to keep picking up the points if we're to retain our title. Plenty of games to go so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

Fixtures coming up.

r62jFud.png

Oliver Jensen

December 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

NgS6yrp.png

What a month. It was very busy with a game every couple of days. We managed to overturn the 7 point gap Standard had over us, but unfortunately so did Genk who beat us en route to the top of the table. It's going to be a very tough league if we continue to drop points like we have.

The wins were good for us. We've been scoring plenty of goals, but the defence is looking shaky. I've reinforced that area in January and have a couple of defenders coming into the squad to give us some more options.

A point behind. We're in a good position considering where we were last month. A quiet one ahead but it'll be crucial to keep on the tails of Genk.

X8wyd15.png

Results | Cofidis Cup | Quarter Final Leg 1

8XPOAUX.png

A disappointing defeat but one I'm certain we can overturn in the second leg. Nothing more to say. We were poor on the day having had to play a rotated squad but I'm sure we can come good and get through to the semi-finals.

k4k6R5j.png

A nothing game against Madrid. We held on until the 75th minute but Real were just too strong for us.

We've qualified and that's all that is important.

up5LZMs.png

We drew Dortmund in the knock-out stages. The first leg at home on the 20 February.

Managers thoughts...

A mixed month, but we can be proud of our position compared to a month ago. We have a quiet month ahead to re-charge and integrate a few new signings. I'm sure come the end of February we will be in a good position.

Fixtures coming up.

lyv2rgS.png

Oliver Jensen

• 2 weeks later...

Wow things looking a bit sticky on the league for a change - not that that is a bad thing as success will always feel better if/when it comes. :)

Awesome stuff in the Champions League. Coming out ahead of Shakhtar is no mean feat at all! Good luck in the next round against Dortmund - it may be tough be just give it your all.

Is this still happening? i hope it is as i have enjoyed following the progress so far.

Yeah still going. Sorry it's end of the financial year for me so time taken up with other things at the moment. Should be free after this weekend so will aim to get things back to normal next week.

Wow things looking a bit sticky on the league for a change - not that that is a bad thing as success will always feel better if/when it comes. :)

Awesome stuff in the Champions League. Coming out ahead of Shakhtar is no mean feat at all! Good luck in the next round against Dortmund - it may be tough be just give it your all.

Welcome back, Tom. Good holiday? League isn't as easy this time around. My own fault I've been messing around with my tactics again.

January 2019 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

lLQTfQj.png

A good month for us. Scoring goals again in the league and a couple of wins keeps up the pace and 4 points behind Genk. Worryingly no goals for the strikers, the midfielders providing the goals for us. We're missing the goals of Benzia and it could prove to haunt us unless the two we have step up. If not we may look to offload them.

4 points off the lead with a busy month ahead. We're still in with a shout.

jb4YAuM.png

Results | Cofidis Cup | Quarter Final Leg 2 and Semi Final Leg 1

TG4xh3s.png

A thumping 8-2 win against AA Gent Carrasco getting a good hat trick from midfield. We were less impressive against Brugge, but we have the second leg to make amends and get into the final.

Managers thoughts...

A good month for us. Lots of goals from midfield, but worryingly the strikers have been very quiet. Carrasco has been in great form and we've given chances to more youth players again this season. Joly and Chafni enjoying minutes in centre midfield and will certainly get more as the season goes on. A busy month coming up but some very winnable games. The Dortmund game will be tough. We will be looking to try keep a clean sheet and take it from there.

Fixtures coming up.

rt6blWg.png

Oliver Jensen

Archived