[FM14] Oliver Jensen's Nomadic Career Thread

fmFutbolManager

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Impressive record :thup:
Could extend it by quite a bit I reckon.
Great work on that run.

Thanks guys. It's been hard to keep it going and a few scares. Can't see is going undefeated this term, but I can't see PSG taking the record any time soon.

August 2022 | AS Monaco FC monthly review

fiOhx0R.png

Results | Ligue 1 Orange

BpZ9KP7.png

Unbeaten run in tact, but my word did we throw away some points.

We started well, a good 2-0 win at Auxerre. Pogba smashing home a goal on 4 minutes. It wasn't until the last kick of the game that we got the second, an own goal after some great work by Michelena on the wing. Up next Troyes; and it was no trouble at all. Oxlade-Chamberlain scoring from kick-off to give us an early lead. Gutierrez showed why he has been in high demand with a stunning strike on 25 minutes. Pogba scored quickly after on 30 minutes to make it 3-0 and that was to be the final goal of the game. Lyon came next and we hammered them. Gutierrez and Nagae linking up well together and Lamela reminds me that he still has a key role to play this season. Up next two disappointing draws, we hammered Montpellier but couldn't find the goal to get the three points and Tours came back from 2-0 down to equalise and take a share of the points.

PSG are flying. Only 5 games in so not worried yet. But we need to start taking our chances whilst being more disciplined at the back.

rNJc9Px.png

Managers thoughts...

A good start. Undefeated. A little disappointed to have not won the two games we drew, but it's early days. We have recalled young Chafni and signed Javi Espinosa for €16m to give us some cover in central midfield. Overall I'm happy with the squad and the depth we have. The season is underway!

Fixtures for next month.

9ZjmtaV.png

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

Yeah it was really disappointing. I could see it coming too. We pushed for the third on 2-1 but conceded a daft goal. Still had half an hour to find a winner but couldn't break through.

Espinosa will be a good player to come in. He had a low buyout clause and with having over 20 players in CM on my radar and not one purchase made he was a quick deadline day signing. Along with bringing young Chafni back from loan from Anderlecht. He's 23 now and although hasn't quite developed as I would have hoped, I think he can still make a contribution.

Here he is.

4pP5AYU.png

September 2022 | AS Monaco FC monthly review

fiOhx0R.png

Results | Ligue 1 Orange

9zn9xTn.png

A much better month. We've gone from 4 points behind to a point ahead over the month with some excellent performances.

We started the month at home to Evian TG FC and should have won by more than the 2 goals as we dominated them, but happy to have come away with a win and rare goals from Mboup and Rugani. OGC Nice up next and it was an emphatic victory. We were a goal down on 4 minutes, but Nagae scored quickly afterwards to equalise. An own goal and another from Chafni put us 3-1 ahead but we were pegged back on 56. Nagae scored a second, our 4th on 81 minutes to secure the victory. AS Saint-Etienne came to Stade Louis II next, and didn't manage a shot on target all game. We comfortably won 2-0 with goals from Alonso and Oxlade-Chamberlain. Finally FC Loient — we left it until the 70th minute to get the first, but our efforts were rewarded with the 3 points after late goals by Gutierrez, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Nagae secured the points.

Top after a great month and PSG slipping up. It'll be a long close season, so we need to keep this momentum up.

Wy19G20.png

Results | Champions League Group Stages

fzVSAyN.png

A quite sensational victory at the Bernabeu. We restricted Real Madrid to just 3 shots on target as we pushed them into submission. Gutierrez got the first on 27 minutes. We kept things tight and held on until half time. Real rarely threatened us and on 60 minutes we were awarded a penalty which Pogba cooly slotted away. Slovan Bratislava were up next and it was a comfortable 3-1 victory as expected. Gutierrez and Pogba again with the goals to secure the points.

In a really strong position to qualify from the group. It's ours to mess up.

ZowXKQF.png

Managers thoughts...

A fantastic month for us and the players are playing with confidence. We need to keep up the momentum into the next couple of months. We have some key players coming back from injury which will make us stronger. We have a relatively simple October coming up, PSG will be a test but I'm confident we can come away from this month with a good record.

Our undefeated run stretches to 58 games.

Fixtures for next month.

4O6mmsb.png

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

October 2022 | AS Monaco FC monthly review

fiOhx0R.png

Results | Ligue 1 Orange

xvG8rHb.png

Fantastic. Things are going excellently, and the spirit of the team is getting us through some tough games.

We made tough work of Toulouse FC, despite the 21 shots at goal, taking a 52nd minute penalty to beat them. Next up a fantastic game against PSG, and it was a return to action for ter Stegen. We raced into a two goal lead; Nagae and Gemaljevic with the early goals. However, we were soon level when they fired two quick goals on 29 and 25 minutes. We took the lead again just before half time through an own goal. PSG then equalised again on 48 minutes with a great goal from Wanyama, although ter Stegen should have saved it. It was looking likely to be a draw, however, Lamela put a beautiful ball over the top of the defence for Nagae to beat the offside trap and smash home for the win. Stade Malherbe and new boys En Avant de Guingamp were the final two games of the month, we scored 7 goals to complete a great month in the league.

Our lead at the top extended to 6 points already.

OoDiSNN.png

gr1uhD9.png

Another great result against a difficult Brugge side. 19 year old Ousmane Sylva—who very nearly went out on loan in the summer—bagged an impressive hat trick to ask questions of my selection policy for the upcoming games. He is developing really well, so could get a chance in the next few weeks to prove he is worth of more playing time.

5 points clear and it really is ours to blow now. Qualification all but guaranteed.

AXLtMsa.png

Managers thoughts...

A fantastic month for us and the players are playing with confidence. We need to keep up the momentum into the next couple of months. We have some key players coming back from injury which will make us stronger. We have a relatively simple October coming up, PSG will be a test but I'm confident we can come away from this month with a good record.

Our undefeated run stretches to a record 62 games.

Fixtures for next month.

AU31wNI.png

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

Good to see you back.

Thank you :)

Great start once again :thup:
Crazy crazy good! At this rate you might go undefeated until February or PSG/RM back to-backs.

Thanks guys. The team are playing really well and at the moment it is looking like it'll take a really strong team to beat us.

Thanks Tom. It has been a little easier this term. I've not really strengthened the squad, but we're all a bit older and developing all the time. The youth players are coming through too which is great to see.

Looking forward to playing Madrid again and hopefully keeping them down in 3rd so they don't qualify. They're 6th in the league too, so hopefully they might FINALLY sack Ancelotti.

I would like to take over either Madrid or Chelsea next. Both teams are struggling this season.

November 2022 | AS Monaco FC monthly review

fiOhx0R.png

Results | Ligue 1 Orange

zvIVXOS.png

Another brilliant, perfect month in the league and we really are running away with it now. It's not even a challenge anymore.

We dispatched of OM with ease. 20 year old Ousmane Sylva showing why he is coveted by Europe's elite with a brilliant brace. Mboup scoring between his strikes. Next up we travelled to Stade du Hainaut where we scored another 3 goals; Chafni putting in a great performance and scoring again, showing it was a great decision to bring him back from loan. Lamela bagged a couple with another impressive performance, demonstrating why he is amongst the nominees for World Player of the Year. We finished up against LOSC, who usually give us a difficult game, but Nagae tore them apart and bagged 4 goals in a fantastic performance. Pogba getting the other goal.

Our lead at the top extended to 9 points now. PSG have slipped 14 points behind already.

DcAj533.png

B6sbTpA.png

Brugge didn't give themselves much of a chance when they were down to 10 men after 18 minutes. However, we still had to win the game. Nagae scored an impressive hat trick, with Nastasic and Pogba getting the others. We should have beaten Real Madrid too, but we just couldn't find the net. We had already qualified but I wanted to send a message and beat them. However, we couldn't find the net. Happy with a point though.

Qualification secured.

Vbvw2Es.png

Managers thoughts...

Running out of superlatives, but we have been fantastic in all competitions and I really do think we can clean up this year. With any luck there will be a high-profile job waiting for me after this season, although the Liverpool job came up and I wasn't even linked with it so a little worried there. Anyway, this season isn't over yet, and I'm fully committed to breaking more records with Monaco.

Fixtures for next month.

xh4MUWb.png

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

Archived