[FM14] Oliver Jensen's Nomadic Career Thread

fmFutbolManager

Thanks, Fuzz.

I really want the league though. It's proving difficult though. I thought I had the best squad in the league, but we're just not pulling away. We keep slipping up whilst our rivals are getting stronger with ever result. It could be another season without the league.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 2016|RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Juliper Pro League | Championship Group

5UffhB7.png

What a month! Surpassed all expectations and stormed to the league with 3 games to go. We were helped massively by our rivals slipping up. 16 points from a possible 18 was incredible. The only problem is we've encountered a few injuries along the way. Most notably to Benzia.

Things started excellently vs AA Gent, we stormed into a 2 goal lead through Morales and Suarez. Gent replied on 67 minutes but it wasn't enough. Suarez was on target again in a 2-0 victory over Machelen before a 1-1 draw against a tough Standard team. Benzia was back in the scoring against Brugge but was stretchered off and will be out for 3 weeks. The final two games were comfortable for us, Ramiro Peters scoring the all important winner against AA Gent to win the league title.

oEGfWzI.png

Next up...

First up we have a cup final to contend with. After that a chance for the kids in the remaining 3 games.

2t2DbOI.png

Thanks for reading.

I think the results make it look easier than it was to be fair. This format is difficult to manage because of the final 10 games all against top sides. Takes it out on the squad. Although everyone is taking points off each other so you always have a chance.

Cofidis Cup Final|RSC Anderlecht

pSUTy8X.png

How we got to the final

U5BhSZn.png

We didn't really walk away with this cup, which makes it all the more satisfying that we had to fight for it. The standard in this league continues to amaze me, which keeps it interesting for me going into next season! We started in the early rounds with simple wins against Boussu and Westerlo. Lower league opposition were never really going to cause us much trouble. Then the route to the final got tricky. KV Mechelen have proved difficult to beat, and in the first leg they beat us again. Fortunately we put in a strong performance in the rerun leg, Benzia scoring in the 93rd minute to send us through. We then faced Standard who have been our main competitors this season, and they proved why as we were unable to beat them in either leg. We went through, virtue of the away goals rule which set us up for a final against Zulte Waregem.

The Final|vs Zulte Waregem

The final came just 5 days after we clinched the league title so the players were in great moral. We were without the injured Óliver and Benzia, Tielemans and Suárez their replacements. The rest of the players were fit and raring to go.

9yZ9cdr.png

The match stats

It wasn't the easiest of victories, fatigue playing a part, but it was a good victory for us and secured the domestic treble to cap a fantastic full season in charge.

The match was never really in danger and that shows in the match stats, where we restricted the opposition to just the one shot on target all game. Our goal coming through Tielemans, the replacement for Óliver. He has the potential to be a key player for us next season. We didn't dominate the game as much as I would have liked, considering our position against the rivals. However, we will take this result and head into the final 3 games of the season as treble winners.

The lads did me proud. What a day!

Thanks for reading.

April 2016|RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Juliper Pro League | Championship Group

ImsLDn7.png

Having secured the treble and having a very tired squad I played a lot of our very promising youth players against KV. Unfortunately we were very quickly 4-0 down. Despite having a lot of potential, they really have little current ability. I made a couple of changes to reduce the damage. We pulled 2 goals back quickly, but were on the end of a defeat. The experience will be important to their development. Standard were going to be tough and with a revitalised squad following their rest against KV we managed to secure a comfortable 3-1 win. Carrasco adding a brace. Our final game of the season we blended some youth with experience, but it just didn't work for us. Our end of season celebrations on a pit of a damper, but the league had been won.

Despite the 2 losses, we still finished 8 points clear in the league. An excellent response following last seasons disappointments.

7uEp9qI.png

Next up...

End of season break. I'll still be working. Reviewing scout reports to see where we can strengthen for next season. Praet looks like he could be on his way out after asking for the second season to leave. His 20 assists this season proving he is ready to step up on a bigger stage. If he asks to go I won't stand in his way this time.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

End of Season Review 2016/17 | RSC Anderlecht Annual review

pSUTy8X.png

Review | Supercup van België | Winners

It wasn't important to the board at the start of the season, but for me I wanted to win it. More so because of the way we surrendered the title to Genk last season on goal difference. We managed to win quite comfortably, despite the 2-1 scoreline suggesting otherwise. We will be aiming to retain this next season.

Review | Jupiler Pro League | Winners

A fantastic season. The board wanted us to be challenging, but I knew we could do one better. Despite the mid-season blip where we gave up a large lead at the top of the table, we found our form when it mattered at the final stages and managed to win by a considerable margin. An excellent performance from the players.

Review | Cofidis Cup | Winners

This cup confirmed our domestic treble. We made hard work of reaching the final, but I'm over the moon. We met the board expectations by reaching the final, and we met mine by winning the cup. A successful run and I'm very happy to have met my own expectations for the season.

Review | Champions League | Group Stages

We met the boards expectations again by reaching the group stages of the Champions League. We drew a tough group alongside Man United, Zenit and Dynamo Kyiv. We managed to finish 3rd, but this meant we were put into the Europe League, which at this stage of the season was a bit of a distraction. We didn't meet my expectations of qualifying from the group, but given the tough draw, I'm happy.

Review | Europa League | First knockout Round

No expectations to be met here, but we were out in the first attempt. A very tough game against FC Porto and their class showed, winning 4-2 on aggregate.

What's Next...

New season review coming soon...

Thanks for reading.

Back where we belong.

143n5jX.png

Also, some excellent news for the club. This will be like a couple of new signings for us as I was resigned to losing Praet, and thought after the season he had, Benzia might have requested a transfer.

nz9ZReO.png

irVVNe3.png

Wow top work getting Praet and Benzia signed on! Still think you might end up selling them both, (it's probably inevitable, like what I went through at Benfica), but now you should be in a better position to get good fee's for them.

Also good to see you take Anderlecht back to the top of Belgium. :cool:

Wow top work getting Praet and Benzia signed on! Still think you might end up selling them both, (it's probably inevitable, like what I went through at Benfica), but now you should be in a better position to get good fee's for them.

Also good to see you take Anderlecht back to the top of Belgium. :cool:

It was surprisingly easy. I tried to sign them up to longer contracts but Praet said no, Benzia just didn't reply for some reason. Monaco then bid for both players, so I asked for €20m each which was obviously turned down. The players agents then came requesting contract improvements, which came with the extensions.

Well done on the domestic treble. Hopefully you can get a kinder draw in the CL next season and have a run in that.

Thanks. Appreciate it. It was much tougher than it looked. I hope we can retain the league this season but it's going to be very difficult. The Champions League aim is to qualify from the group and get a few more group stage wins for the additional money.

Season Review 2017/18 | RSC Anderlecht Season review

pSUTy8X.png

Board Expectations | My Expectations

Juliper Pro League: Win the league | Win the league

UEFA Champions League: Reach the group stage | Qualify from the group stage

Cofidis Cup: Win the cup | Reach the final

Supercup van België: Not important | Win the cup

The board expect a lot more from me this season. Nothing less than a domestic double will do for them. I still think we should aim higher in the Champions League but I'm pleased I have a bit of room here, considering the seedings will potentially give us a tough group.

Finances

A few players were signed at the back of last season, but there's about €12m available should we need to strengthen. It'll be a busy summer with players heading in both directions.

What's Next...

A friendly tour in Holland, followed by the Supercup Final and then the start of the season in August. Cannot wait.

Thanks for reading.

July 2016 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Friendlies

bZvWE4Z.png

A decent run of results in the friendlies. We've shifted from a 4-1-2-2-1 to a 4-2-3-1 formation this season, so we're still playing about with the instructions. Defensively we need some work as we're still being caught at the back and conceding a lot of CCCs so this is something to work on over the coming games. We'll need to close up the defence if we're to retain the title this season.

Results | Supercup van België

FnIZeFT.png

A fantastic result against what are expected to be our main rivals this season. Great to see Benzia pick up from his end of season form with a couple of goals. Carrasco also getting on the score sheet. The latter I'm expecting big things from this season. He has the talent, and we've changed his role this season so hopefully we will see him in the box more and get a few more goals then last season.

Next up...

The season kicks off. We're hoping for a change in the way we're playing. More goals and hopefully a tighter defence. I want more from my wingers this season. More goals from them to help out Benzia as we relied on him too much last season so if we can remove the reliance that would be great, as I felt last season we were an injury away form imploding.

I've made a few signings, but I will add these to next months update.

August 2017 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

Results | Juliper Pro League

Xvel9KZ.png

A good start to the season. We're still finding our feet from the new formation and instructions, but we're undefeated so far. Disappointed with the goals we're conceding, and we will work on that over the next month or so. What I'm really pleased with is the number of goals we're scoring from out wide, which was one of our objectives for this season. 8 of the 13 goals we've scored have been from the 2 wide men.

So, with the first month over, we're just the 2 points off the top. Genk seem to be the main condensers this year based on the start they've made. We're going to have to be very consistent if we're to win it again.

pd2QKt0.png

Transfers

A lot of changes over the summer, but here are the main players to come into the squad.

Alberto is a strong centre back, he isn't the quickest but he will add to the back line.

Leandro Paredes is a skilful attacking midfielder. We have moved to a new formation so he will offer an option in the new AMC role.

Vincent Pajot is a strong central midfielder that will offer cover after the departure of Tielemans.

Mats Daehli doesn't need an introduction. He needs some work as was neglected a Newcastle, but hopefully we can aid his development and he can reach his potential

Jean-Marie Dongou will offer cover now that Suarez has left. He has the potential to be a very good player for us

Next up...

Champions League football starts next month which will mean we have to rotate the squad. I want to make a real go of it this year, but with being 3rd seeds, it's always going to be tough. We will give it our best.

fMVyotu.png

September 2017 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

EZYzTZk.png

A great month. Wins in all of our games, and despite having played 2 games more than Genk, we're top of the league. The defence is getting tighter with every game, but there are still a few too many silly goals being conceded. Against KV Machelen we were excellent although we didn't get our first goal until the hour mark through Najar, who is having an excellent start to the season. No introduction needed for the scorer of the second. Against AA Gent we had 37 shots to their 3 and it was looking like we'd come away with just the 1 point, however, we were gifted a penalty on 94 minutes that was cooly dispatched by arrasco, who keeps his impressive run of goals going.

OH Leuven was another example of us being unable to kill off games but conceding goals. We had 29 shots to their 5 but they were very clinical. We need to put a stop to this trend of teams having few but effective shots against us. The final game came at Westerloo. It was a simple win for us, Benzia showing why he is the best striker in Belgium at the moment.

The league is looking good. I'd rather have the points than the games in hand. The pressure moves to Genk now.

7PmOBmM.png

Results | Cofidis Cup | 6th Round

LZZGtyx.png

I played a weakened side against WS Bruxelles, but we were strong enough to finish emphatically. Pleased for Daehli and Dongou to get on the scoresheet. Comfortably through.

Results | Champions League | Group Stages

m0L0HlW.png

We made harder work than needed against the underdogs of the group. We should be picking up 6 points against them. It was another game where we dominated the stats but conceded to their clinical finishing. We gifted them the openings for their goals. Fortunately we were just too strong for them in the end. The €1m win bonus and 3 points starts us well.

Arsenal up next.

E3r13rz.png

Next up...

A very tough month coming up for us, but this is why we fight to get into the Champions League. I don't have any expectations, we will take each game as it comes in both the league and the Champions League and see where we are at the end of the month.

hZ2LVnm.png

October 2017 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

D5YbhOn.png

Fantastic month. The 6-0 win over Standard was a shock, but we were on fire. Peters showing why he should be getting more games with a superb hat trick. Was also good to see the new boys on the scoresheet. A massive game against Genk following the Arsenal game in midweek, but we were too strong for them and pulled off a 2-0 victory to put down a real marker in the league. The final game was a formality really. We could have won by more and it was disappointing to concede the goal we did but defensively we're looking much stronger, in the league at least.

The league is looking very good. Top with a game in hand.

CaC3Pk0.png

c2k9dIX.png

Just not good enough. We didn't deserve to lose the Arsenal game, we had more shots and more possession but they were very clinical. Milan well and truly battered us. Hernandez got a good hat trick and the game was buried. Hopes of a qualification are fading. We need to get a couple of results against the big 2 if we're to progress.

Milan up next.

5TOSsdY.png

Next up...

An easier month for us, but the home game against Milan is going to be a big one. Unless we come away from there with at least a point it is all but over for us in the Champions League. The league games should be easy enough for us, but we need to make sure we're not complacent.

b7EmXVW.png

I had a lot of fun in Portugal and Belgium in last year's FM so it's been great to read about your progress there - even if the Belgian league system is utterly, utterly mental! Fingers crossed that you get a nice group in the CL one day

Thanks for stopping by. I've been unlucky, but I'm always going to be 3rd seed, so I'm never going to get a favourable draw really. At the moment we're just not good enough, but hopefully if the kids we have reach their potential and stay we might be able to compete with some of the bigger teams in Europe.

It has been good. But it's also a reminder that either I still don't have a sting team or tactically I'm being outclassed at the moment. Probably a combination of both to be honest.

I am planning on staying here for a couple of years to see the young kinds through that I've bought in. Obviously if a big club came calling I'd listen, but don't think that'll happen until we can do something more than just getting to the group stages of the Champions League.

It has been good. But it's also a reminder that either I still don't have a sting team or tactically I'm being outclassed at the moment. Probably a combination of both to be honest.

I am planning on staying here for a couple of years to see the young kinds through that I've bought in. Obviously if a big club came calling I'd listen, but don't think that'll happen until we can do something more than just getting to the group stages of the Champions League.

Yeah in know what you mean. With Cambridge I've come up with a change in formation and a 'better' way of playing the beautiful game but when it comes to playing the leagues top sides (and Liverpool) I am getting smacked all over the place. You would think after 1650 games I would be able to get it right!

I'm sure a league title or two more will get some bigger clubs taking note. Looking forward to seeing the youngsters come through so hope you stay around for a while yet.

I've also just changed formation. Moved away from a 4-1-2-2-1 which was quite negative. Very good defensively (with defensive wingers in the AML/R positions), but didn't really give us a cutting edge going forward.

I've moved to a 4-2-3-1 with CMs rather than DMs and so far we're creating the chances. Defensively I think we're there now. It's taken some time but I'm happy in that respect. We're still snatching at shots and taking too many from afar, so I need to do some work on that to increase the CCCs and number of shots we're getting on target.

For example, my last game we had 20 shots to their 2. We had 6 on target and 1 clear cut. They had 2 on target and 1 clear cut. A game like that could have ended a draw, but fortunately we won 2-0 — so it's going to take a bit of doing. I try not to get too drawn into the CCCs as I'm not sure they're calculated correctly, but certainly the on-target shots are disappointing.

czbbczS.png

I'd love to stay here for another 2/3 seasons after the current one. I do enjoy Belgium and the competition is good. I'd like to set them up for the long run to continue to produce the excellent youth they're renowned for.

Great start to the league season!! However, a really tough draw in the Champions League and it is proving to be just that. Third spot and the Europa League place is probably what you will end up with again.

Big congratulations on the two milestones. :thup:

Yeah you could be right, Tom. Third place would be a minimum for us I think. The CL just seems to be a means for us generating some cash. We're realistically going to be struggling every year with the seedings the way they are.

November 2017 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

HaBlQYS.png

An almost perfect month. Tactically we've been excellent. Carving out some decent chances, whilst being defensively astute. The only issue I'm having is trying to accommodate Benzia now. He isn't playing particularly well in his new role and is often missing in games. We'll need to work on this.

Fortunately the midfields are stepping up to the plate and finishing off their chances. But we will need to get Benzia on form if we're to progress and achieve our goals over the coming months. Still, despite the disappointing draw, it's been a good month and we're comfortably top of the pile.

Oia4XlH.png

kYzojfE.png

A fantastic result against Milan. We were twice pegged back almost immediately both times before Kouyate fired in a volley from a corner on 84 minutes. We had a few scares against Videoton, but their keeper had a stormer. Fortunately for us they were not as effective at the other end of the pitch and we managed to hold on to the end, putting us in second place. Nothing short of a win against Arsenal will be good enough. [edit] a draw will see us through, which changes the approach completely.

A qualified Arsenal up next.

AuEiIyb.png

Next up...

A nightmare month for us. 7 games is going to be hard to fit in but we will find a way to do it. Some big games too, none bigger than the Arsenal game.

gOYpGyK.png

Here's hoping you can win/draw against Arsenal and progress.

1 small gripe though. Stop changing the title of the thread. I follow this at work mainly and it's hard to hide the net page when I'm busy looking for this thread. ;)

December 2017 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

xcDBLQZ.png

The month started very well for us but since the Arsenal defeat we struggled to pick up form again. Which happened last season too. It's always the European games that seem to derail our league form. The 2 draws at the end of the month were disappointing as we were behind in both and only got the point through late goals. We need to step up next month if we're to retain the league. We have a good lead. Another 10 games to go before the league breaks up.

O97vx7T.png

ImUiiF0.png

It was a valiant effort, but it just wasn't meant to be. We dominated Arsenal, we had 60% possession and double the shots but just couldn't put them away and were caught on the break. AC Milan were always going to win their game so we had to get a point, but Arsenal were just too strong for us. It was the closest we'd come to qualifying. Unfortunately it wasn't our year.

Next up we have Genoa in the Europa League.

WyoDjEN.png

Next up...

Following the mad December it's a quiet month ahead for us but 3 tough games. We need to maintain momentum and keep pulling ahead if we can.

HKwJUZp.png

Absolutely flying in the league, despite the two draws at the end of the month.

Sonds like you made a cracking effort against Arsenal, but going to the Emirates and even getting a draw was always going to tough for you. Head screwed on in the Europa League though to boost your co-efficient.

Absolutely flying in the league, despite the two draws at the end of the month.

Sonds like you made a cracking effort against Arsenal, but going to the Emirates and even getting a draw was always going to tough for you. Head screwed on in the Europa League though to boost your co-efficient.

Yeah the league form has been excellent. Really pleasing and providing nothing catastrophic happens we should be able to retain the league. I'm going to go for the Europa this year. Genoa will be tough, they won Serie A a couple of seasons ago and are really strong in the league again this year, so it's going to be tough.

Very nice work in the league.

Thanks — we're doing well, just need to keep it up and get a big enough gap before the league splits.

Tough luck missing out on CL progress.
unlucky in the CL. here is hoping you can win the league and maybe snatch the EL.

Thanks gents.

It was another tough group. No excuses though, we just weren't good enough. Hopefully we can have a good run in the Europa League, although it will be tough getting past Genoa.

In January now, looking at the possibility of strengthening. I've been offered €26m for Benzia. He's not been on form this season compared to last so thinking about cashing in before his value drops.

January 2018 | RSC Anderlecht monthly review

pSUTy8X.png

hJ6JvhO.png

Our unbeaten run in the league continues. Dongou had been complaining about a lack of first team football, although I didn't think he was quite ready for more games but we put him in and he didn't disappoint. He got the first for us. AA Gent then equalised on 67 minutes but Peters playing in the AMC role got the winner on 71 minutes to keep momentum going. OH Leuven didn't put up much of a fight for us. Benzia back in the side to replace Dongou and he was out to prove a point, a nice hat trick from him. The impressive Hazard getting the 4th.

We have now stretched our lead to 12 points.

orA2vIC.png

Results | Cofidis Cup | Quarter Final Second Leg

A4hf1la.png

Out of the cup. We never really got into the game, despite having more than 3 times the attempts and more of the possession we just couldn't turn that into goals. A disappointing way to go out and understandably the board and fans are not happy.Results | Friendlies

1LY3QTF.png

Just the one obligatory friendly. Played a weakened side as I didn't want to risk any injury. Hazard getting a couple of goals, he's really playing well for us this season. Peters getting the other.

Next up...

A busier month ahead for us. Now we are out of the Cofidis Cup, we can concentrate on solidifying our position at the top of the league and have a real go of the Europe League.

CXpUN9O.png

Archived