Player Wage Explanation.

Nope, I am allowed £21k. Says I am spending £22k, but my player wages only add up to £14.8k per week. So what am i missing? Does anyone know? Is it loyalty bonuses or appearance fees that are added on??? I'm baffled as its stopping me buying playing I need.

Nope, I am allowed £21k. Says I am spending £22k, but my player wages only add up to £14.8k per week. So what am i missing? Does anyone know? Is it loyalty bonuses or appearance fees that are added on??? I'm baffled as its stopping me buying playing I need.
I'm sure that bonuses count towards the budget now as well.

However I am yet to see an explanation how this is calculated. This would indeed be very useful for everyone out here and much needed :thup::)

Yes when you negotiate a contract it tells you on the right hand side what the wage budget contribution is. I presume its a mix of wage + some % of bonuses but as jayahr has said its not obvious what that % is.

Yeah the total player wages in finances and the displayed current player wage total includes bonuses, I got confirmation of this in another thread. It's a complete pain in the backside that SI have changed this for FM14 as it's not clear at all how the bonuses are worked out and the maths calculated to the displayed wage total, nevermind the fact that bonuses such as appearance fee, clean sheet bonues, goal bonus etc etc etc are not guaranteed fixed weekly figures but the game seems to take them as such.

Yeah the total player wages in finances and the displayed current player wage total includes bonuses, I got confirmation of this in another thread. It's a complete pain in the backside that SI have changed this for FM14 as it's not clear at all how the bonuses are worked out and the maths calculated to the displayed wage total, nevermind the fact that bonuses such as appearance fee, clean sheet bonues, goal bonus etc etc etc are not guaranteed fixed weekly figures but the game seems to take them as such.

This is interesting...so if you have a player on 10k a week but also has 2k appearance money and 1k a goal in his contract, this would result in 13k a week being taken from the wage budget?

This is interesting...so if you have a player on 10k a week but also has 2k appearance money and 1k a goal in his contract, this would result in 13k a week being taken from the wage budget?

Actually no, after manually going through my squad and finances screen one by one and adding it all up at the time it didn't (& still doesn't) add up logically like that and I still for the life of me can't figure out how it's calculated by the game but bonuses are and were confirmed by SI to be taken into account in some way for wage totals on the salary screen and by the board for the total player wage bill. You'll notice on the salary screen the "current player wage total", which is what the game/ board read as the total player wage bill is bigger than the "Overall Total" from the last row of the breakdown on the salary screen which is purely players salary without bonuses. It just seems as if it plucks some arbitrary figure that has no real mathematical sense behind it to be honest which is incredibly frustrating.

Actually no, after manually going through my squad and finances screen one by one and adding it all up at the time it didn't (& still doesn't) add up logically like that and I still for the life of me can't figure out how it's calculated by the game but bonuses are and were confirmed by SI to be taken into account in some way for wage totals on the salary screen and by the board for the total player wage bill. You'll notice on the salary screen the "current player wage total", which is what the game/ board read as the total player wage bill is bigger than the "Overall Total" from the last row of the breakdown on the salary screen which is purely players salary without bonuses. It just seems as if it plucks some arbitrary figure that has no real mathematical sense behind it to be honest which is incredibly frustrating.

Maybe it does, maybe the bonuses that it calculates are for the players who have bonuses and have earned those bonuses. GK with clean sheet happens to have a good game with no goals been conceded so earns the bonus, but the next match he fails to stop a ball going past so fails to get the clean sheet bonus for that match.

About £7.2k

Archived