FM14: Portsmouth F.C. - We've Slipped Down A League Two Many!

Ty

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hoping their PA is over the 180 mark for that price :D Jeez, talk about big spending.

This guy just joined in the summer for £20m... his potential is "world class striker" rather than "star Premier League player"... so I think he could be something special...

abd1ed43711afd56d2e8cbb69ddb57b2.png

Who is your most capped players? I reckon mine will easily be Jed Wallace, he is the perfect B2B midfielder, who is HG and English, perfect. Harris, Butler and Webster will also all stay at the club until their retirement hopefully :)

Ronaldo, I couldn't even afford to take Danny Green on a free! Nice work with Butler though.

I'm about to face the League 1 play-off semi final against Bolton (season 2) after finishing 3rd.

Ronaldo is on £45k a week for a year :D He has spent most the time injured though.

Good luck in the play-offs, would suck to spend another year in League One :(

Finished 3rd in 2019/20 :cool:

So we are back in the Champions League, but after striking out in Europa League... I know my squad needs to be stronger. A lot stronger. There is some really good news though, hopefully I'll be able to offer more in wages now...

f4145bf06bf3acdb4e6c5015c97d5ff5.png

ALSO, after talking with the board...

13c627d198de6c28fc5c0933f3c0446d.png

I managed to get promoted from League 1 at the end of my second season, finishing 3rd and winning the PO Final over Bristol City.

I'm looking forward to seeing what budget they may give me, and quite happy to take a few seasons plodding along there. From the original group the regulars are Butler, Ferry, Wallace, Padovani and Harris. Webster hasn't made the progress I hoped, but is always in the matchday 18.

In the U21 squad, Haunstrup, Whatmough, Rwakarambwe, Maloney, and Tarbuck are coming along nicely, and Chaplin has turned in to a sensation - bagging over 20 goals at a ratio of 1:1 in the U18/U21 matches last season. I'd like to bring some of these in to the first team squad in season 3 as my 'cover' players. To me, that's much more satisfying than using the likes of Ertl, Bradley, East, Barcham, Bradley, Craddock and Connolly to fill the gaps. A couple of this latter group will finally be leaving this summer, and I'm desperately trying to add the others to the exodus.

A few questions to you, Sheer Class, as I believe you're a true fan and know the youth set-up well:

1. Which of the youngsters are rated as the best prospects at the club IRL (senior, U21 or U18 squads) as of 2013/2014?

2. Are there any former Pompey youth players that have left the club in the last few years and gone on to play at a reasonable level anywhere in the world? I mean the top couple of divisions in major European leagues like France, Italy, Belgium, Holland etc, or top leagues in any other nation. If there are any names, I'd be interested in bringing them back.

3. Apart from those in the favoured personnel section, are there any other players that have played any significant role at the club in recent years, or are known to have supporting links to the club? Any such players would need to be under 25 for me to consider bringing them back. I signed Partington for this reason, but maybe there are slighty better options!

4. Are there any older players that played a key part on the pitch and no longer play (e.g. Stefanovic, De Zeeuw) or who would have perhaps retired by 2015 (e.g. Yakubu, Distin), that might offer some decent attributes for me to consider bringing back as members of staff?

Cheers if you can help.

Thought I'd put up my 2020/21 line-up if anyone is interested;

GK: Butland

RB: Wallace - Webster (for now)

CB: Zouma - Arab

CB: Keane - Vasquez

LB: Sanca - Butler

CDM: Mijailovic - Hayward (the same regen I bought in League Two)

CM: Wallace - Muller

CAM: Paredes - Martinez - Rios - Vico - Boga

ST: Merino - Harris

Merino is outstanding for his age, with the potential to be world class. As you can see, we're gifted with amazing attacking players... Martinez and Paredes both way too good for Portsmouth :D

Could of picked up Pogba for £25m for CM, but couldn't afford his wages :(

So I've finished the season, and won the league with 95 points! :) It was looking like we wouldn't win as Fleetwood overtook us halfway through the season. We were dominating games but not creating chances so we dropped a lot of points. But we won the last 8 games and won the title quite comfortably in the end. I made a couple of additions to my squad, signing Joe Bryan and Danny Green on loan for the second half of the season.

My top scorer was Ashley Harris with 21 goals.

Top performer was Jed Wallace, who played in every league game, got 24 assists and a 7.20 rating.

Ertl also played well and got a 7.20 rating. Joe Bryan scored 12 goals in 26 games as a winger, I'm hoping to sign him permanently as his contract is expiring.

Hi, very nice thread.

I've started a Pompey save because I was a little bored with my West Ham save.

I wanted a challenge and I actually thought Pompey were in a worse position than they actually are, on FM anyway.

I was impressed with the squad and they seem to have a lot of potentially good youngsters.

I found it hard to improve the squad really but I think the weakest link is the right hand side. I've yet to solve that problem but I'm looking to loan in a player to help out.

I had the oportunity to sign a few very good players for the level but they wanted silly money. I'm trying to keep wages under control.

I've loaned in Danny Potts from West ham, basically because they are my Fav team. I didn't really need a LB but Potts can play RB too.

I also loaned in Alberto Cerri which I consider a bit of a coup. Not for one minute did I think the 17 yr old striker would come but I was wrong. I've had/seen him on other saves and he turns into a very good prem class striker. The stiker position is pretty well catered for in the squad but I'm planning to play standard 4-4-2 and I've listed Craddock and Bird (No offers yet) so I'm running with 4 strikers in the squad which I'm happy with.

I sold GK Phill Smith to Blackpool for just under 30k and signed Ken Falkenberg, a 29 yr old unatached Danish GK who is not great but was the best I could sign. He's better than Sullivan stat wise and my coaches rate him 3*.

I also signed Craig Reid, an 18 year old Scotts Gk. He was unattached after being released by St Johnstone. He looks a class prospect.

My major signings have been .....

21 yr old CB, Yado Mambo who has played for various clubs in the lower leagues but was a free agent when he signed a rotation contract on 800 quid a week. According to most of my coaches, he has 2.5* CA, 4.5* PA and is a valuable addition to the squad.

29 yr old Marko Kopilas from Croatia is a 4* CA CB who also signed as a free agent. He has an extensive history in his home country and hopefully he will ad some experience to the squad. He is being payed 1.4k per week which took a lot of negotiating.

24 yr old Dane, Erik Nilsson joined on a free transfer from Dagerfors. I was suprised to see the central midfielder transfer listed for zero money by the small danish club. He looks a quality addition and he is rated 3.5* CA 4.5* PA (I actually found him on another save and made note of his name because I liked the look of him). Like Kopilas, he too is on 1400 quid a week.

I've listed a few players but no luck offloading them yet. The squad is pretty big and promotion should be a real possibilty. I'm currently just under my wage cap so I wont be going to made in Jan unless we move some players on.

Just played our first game and we have beat Oxford 3-0 at home with Nilsson grabbing a goal and Cerri bagging a brace. It seems the new signings have made an instant impact -)

Anyway, keep the posts coming, the info helps.

PS..... Any tips on a good right winger would be appreciated. (Loanee if poss)

PUP, congrats on the promotion. Another Wallace/Harris success story!

Ricey, welcome and hopefully you will enjoy your time with Portsmouth. I agree, that is a major transfer coup - Cerrri should be unstoppable in L2. I think the reputation of Portsmouth is a bit like League 1.5, so allowing players like him to join. Most of us took Danny Green from Charlton in season 1, usually a reliable supplier of assists from the right flank. You've made a good start, hopefully that will lead you to promotion.

End of Jan transfer window and I'm 2nd, 4 points behind Hartlepool. Been a very strange season so far. Got off to an awesome start but the injuries kicked in. Had several long term injuries to key players which has meant much squad rotation and some strange results. For example, I damn near hit the reload button when we lost 3-0 at home to bottom club Newport.

Lost in the JPT semis away to MK Dons, lost in the 2nd round of the FA cup away to Rotherham and Suderland hammered us in the 2nd round of the League Cup. Would have liked to have done better in the FA cup for financial reasons but it wasn't to be.

Just before the first window shut, I managed to sign the brilliant Prince Bauban. He's been injured a few times but is a very good player. He took me over the wage budget slightly but I wasn't concerned. I started to retrain Jed Wallace to right midfield cos hes very competant there anyway. He's done very well and is developing nicely.

Ive been forced to bring in two short term loanee's to cover for the walking wounded. Jordan Cousins joins from Charlton together with George Baldock of MK Dons. The best non-fee paying loans I could get.

Cerri has 10 goals and 8 assists in 22 games so far. Avg rating 7.24.

Due to injuries and fitness, Nilsson has only managed 14 starts and has come off the bench a few times but has chipped in 8 assists and 2 goals for a rating just a smidge under 7,

Ash Harris is a star with 16 goals in 17(9) apps and rates at 7.25. Again, injuries have limited his appearances.

Kopilas has remained relatively injury free with 33 apps and a 7.11 rating. He also has 3 goals.

Most players have been relatively consistant and if I can just keep them fit, we are in with a shout.

@Jogo, Thnx for the welcome and the heads up about Danny Green. It was too late to sign him though.

Edit ....... Mid Feb and I loose Harris for 3 weeks, Nilsson for 2 and Connolly breaks his leg and considers retirement .... DOH!!

Shame about the injuries, but Portsmouth can cope with that better than most (probably all) clubs in L2! Your results are fine and most of your players seem to be doing OK. Good luck with the rest of the season.

I've just started my 3rd season, and after promotion from League 1 last term I have taken fairly decisive action in the transfer market. We were given a transfer kitty of about £600k but despite only spending £100k (my first transfer fees since I took over), by the time agent fees and other costs were included, we only have about £230k left. I was also able to add some more staff, with the coaching pool being strengthened at last.

Transfers In:

Joshua Murphy (Norwich, loan extension), the young left winger joins me on loan for the third season running.

Mats Daehli (Molde, loan), the Norwegian youngster who has just signed for Cardiff IRL should offer some good quality in a few midfield positions.

Evander Sno (ADO Den Haag, £20k), the ex-Celtic central midfielder is given a chance to show he still has it after a few quiet years.

Anthony O'Connor (Blackburn, free), having been on loan with me for two seasons, I was now able to get him when his contract at Rovers expired. May switch from RB to CB now.

Isak Sswankambo (Chelsea, free), this young central defender is raw but I want to see if I can polish him up. He joins the development squad (U21).

Joel Lynch (Huddersfield, free), not my first choice, but I wanted a left-sided central defender who can also cover at left-back.

Stipe Perica (Chelsea, loan), somebody I looked at in season 1 but never took on. The young Croatian striker has done well for others and I want to see if he can deliver for me too.

Riyad Mahrez (Chamois Niortais, £80k), a left-winger who has just joined Leicester IRL (from Le Havre). I'm hoping he may be able to play on either flank as time progresses.

Yuval Shpungin (free agent), an Israeli international right-back with a decent number of caps, he was a free agent and should be able to handle this level.

Jonathan Soriano (RB Salzburg, loan £18.75k p/m fee), the Spanish striker has a great scoring record and, although expensive, I decided to take the risk on this fee-paying deal. I see this as my marquee signing, and expect big things of him - but if it fails, and doesn't provide value for money, I have requested the recall clause and can terminate.

Baptiste Martin (KV Kortrijk, loan), the French central defender was very solid on loan with me last season, and when other deals failed, I decided to take him on for one more year.

Transfers Out:

John Sullivan (free), Tom Craddock (free), David Connolly (free), Danny East (free), Kim Jae-Heon (free), Sonny Bradley (Morton, free), Andy Barcham (Exeter, loan).

Staff Additions: Andrea Loberto (U21 Manager), Enzo Scifo (coach), Dave Watson (coach), Mark Dempsey (coach), Roberto Gemmi (scout).

Staff Departure: Alan McLoughlin (released).

Have not had much time to post, I'll add a better update later.

Won the league by two points from Hartlepool who kinda blew it toward the end of the season. They beat us home and away.

I'm trying hard to develop the youngsters and they look good. I got two 4 star rated lads in the march youth intake which is pleasing.

Iv'e started the second season after making a few transfers and we are doing well.

Whats up with the print screen in FM this year? i aint really played suince FM 12.

EDIT And the club ain t doing to well financially. They are expecting some player sales which I'm not happy about. Any tips to up the revenue?

I've had great difficulty adding to my squad to push on in the Premier League with the wage issue being the main cause. Most teams in the Championship have higher earning players than I do for my second season in the Prem. My max earner is on less than £20k p/w.

I sold Josh Murphy for £3.1M and Conor Henderson for £1M and brought in Adam Johnson and Mats Daehli on free transfers.

Time for some serious scouting!

Alex Nimely scored 48 goals and had 28 assists in 44 appearances in my first season. Avg Rating 8.01.

Andy Barcham scored 24 goals and had 29 assists in 42 appearances. Avg rating 8.08.

Despite Nimely scoring double the amount Barcham did, the latter still got the Player of the Year Award.

Excellent thread, the best Pompey one we've had over the years. I'm in my first season with them but had some early success including a 5-4 ET win in the League Cup v Leyton Orient. However, I did have some difficulty getting rid of players. Playing 41221 as suggested above....it does work with a few tweaks here and there.

Brought in Mesca, Donal McDermott, Alex Nimely, Rob Kiernan, Luke Daniels, Angelo Balanta and Anthony O’Connor on loan.

Team is:

Daniels

O’Connor

N’Gala

Devera

Butler

Ertl

Ferry

Padovani

McDermott

Mesca

Connolly

@Ricey, well done and good luck for the new season, and with the youngsters.

@Trevomac, £4.1m plus Johnson and Daehli in exchange for Murphy & Henderson is great business!

@Matthew, I'm stunned by the form of Barcham, he played most games of my first season and contributed about one assist - has not played for me since and will leave as soon as his contract ends.

@salquay, some familiar names there and you should be fine with that group. The tactic with Connolly as a lone striker is more surprising, but always good to see different approaches.

Excellent thread, the best Pompey one we've had over the years.

How dare you insult my previous work :D

I have made the last few Pompey threads, this is probably my worst (laziness)... but they are all a lot better than when that old fart use to do them, I mention no names :brock: *cough* Sheer *cough*

Okies, I have 5 mins to post. -)

I came 2nd in league 1. It all came down to the last day. Sheff UTD had run away with the league and had won it comfortably.

We were 2nd but only by two points from Stevenage who's last game was home to mid table Swindon. Our last game was home to Sheff UTD -(

We had beat UTD earlier in the season ....... On penalties in the JPT final after a 2-2 draw -)

But I wasn't expecting what followed. We demolished them and won 4-1 whilst it didn't really matter after Swindon had two shots at goal and scored 'em both to beat Stevanage 2-1 -)

The big minus of the season was all the damn injuries. Why can't my players catch a simple cold? It's always SoAndSo is out for 3 months with a pulled hammy or some similar BS.

Harris, Webster, Wallace and Butler are good lads who are improving well.

The transfer news for the season was interesting......... Man UTD realeased a very good young keeper by the name of Sam Johnstone. I wasn't really after a Keeper but when Man UTD offered 120k For My keeper, Falkenberg, I did the business. I delayed the offer and made sure I got Johnstone first..... He's a much better keeper than Falkenberg so Man UTD's decision was very weird. (I'm currently at Dec 31st in the championship and Johnstone has 6 U21 caps and is rated as a potentially good Prem Keeper.) He did have large wage demands, 5K or so but I dont Blame him. He's due a new contract now or I'll loose him for free at the end of the season in the championship.

Brought in Conor Henderson (ML), Ross Jenkins (MC), Hayden White (MR) (Hot Prospect), Jacob Une-Larrson (DC ... Crap in the air but quality elsewhere and can play RB well) and Mustafa Yatbare (S ... Who was a little disapointing tbh)

Two season long loanee's were Sandy Walsh (D/RC) And Adil Nabi (S) who both did well.

I'll post my first season in the championship soon............ GL all -)

Just an update to give you an idea of how injury plagued my squad is.

Currently Dec 31st in season 3 and we are 15th in the Championship.

I have a squad of 26, many of them youngsters who are not first team regulars and I have seven major injuries.

Simon Ferry 2 more months out with a pulled hammy.

Erik Nilsson 3 more months with same injury.

Dan Butler 7 more weeks with same injury.

Max Stone, new regen signing, 2 more weeks with the same injury

Ash Harris 7 more weeks with damaged ligaments

Van De Streek (New signing)2 more weeks with a sprained ankle.

Jed Wallace 2 more weeks with fracture wrist

-(

Wish I could figure out screenshots.

The summer seems to be taking ages! I've let go of some of the players who didn't feature much this season to free up some of the wage budget. I've been trying to sign free transfers under £2.5k a week but it's difficult as most of the good ones get snapped up by Championship teams. Also, I can't scout foreign players so I'm having to take the decent looking ones on trial so I can assess them. However I feel like I have a decent squad and I can maybe get a play off place. I'll post my transfers when the window closes.

Yeah thnx mate ...... But print screen aint working -)

When I hit the print screen button and paste into paint, I get a nice screenie of my desktop -)

For some reason, it don't paste the FM page.

I get same problem on my Win 8 laptop. Worked fine on Win 7. I've loads of different Alt, Shift F button combinations but no joy. Couldn't be arsed going to Windowed mode just for screenies

I get same problem on my Win 8 laptop. Worked fine on Win 7. I've loads of different Alt, Shift F button combinations but no joy. Couldn't be arsed going to Windowed mode just for screenies
Alt+F9 I think will take a screenie and put it in your Football Manager folder in My Documents and the folder will be screenshots

Alt+F9 I think will take a screenie and put it in your Football Manager folder in My Documents and the folder will be screenshots

Yeah it's supposed to but it doesn't anymore. I have a Toshiba and they changed the F buttons so that you have to hold Fn+Alt+F9 but still no joy!

The summer seems to be taking ages! I've let go of some of the players who didn't feature much this season to free up some of the wage budget. I've been trying to sign free transfers under £2.5k a week but it's difficult as most of the good ones get snapped up by Championship teams. Also, I can't scout foreign players so I'm having to take the decent looking ones on trial so I can assess them. However I feel like I have a decent squad and I can maybe get a play off place. I'll post my transfers when the window closes.

Good luck in the window PUP. I usually take as long in the summer window as I do for the rest of the season combined, but in the winter one I normally don't do much at all. It's tricky with the wage limits (I think mine was £2.8k p/w for key players in season 2), but I managed to get some very good players on Bosman deals and non-contributory loans from higher clubs.

Thanks for reply. Who would you play up front on the false9? I've had trouble with the strikers not striking. Nimely not great and Connolly also, it's Wallace's dead ball work that's creating goals at corners and free kicks when he plays

I had a fairly good return from Connolly in season 1, after he forced his way in to my team - I didn't want to use him due to age. That was as a F9, but alongside an AF(A) in a 442. Harris has done well for all of us, I think, as a F9 due to his high creativity. The issue might be the lone striker, rather than the player or the role, I'm not sure.

I also used Wallace on set-pieces, once Green had left. Even in season 3, it's an area that my Pompey team isn't particularly blessed in though.

Good luck in the window PUP. I usually take as long in the summer window as I do for the rest of the season combined, but in the winter one I normally don't do much at all. It's tricky with the wage limits (I think mine was £2.8k p/w for key players in season 2), but I managed to get some very good players on Bosman deals and non-contributory loans from higher clubs.

My summer also seems to take longer than the actual season!

transfers_zps4baddd9a.png

So the transfer window has closed and we've won 3 of our first 5 games to put us in the play-off positions. The only foreign country that the staff has any knowledge of is Holland, hence three players Dutch based players coming in, all attacking midfielders/wingers.

Siegrist is a goalkeeper released by Aston Villa with leading Premier League potential, so hopefully could be first choice for a few years. Routis is a defender with very good physical attributes and 4.5 star potential. But the player I'm most excited about is Vaz Te, who is easily Championship quality at least and I managed to get him on £2.5k per week :)

Yeah it's supposed to but it doesn't anymore. I have a Toshiba and they changed the F buttons so that you have to hold Fn+Alt+F9 but still no joy!

There is a print screen option under the FM option on the title bar........ I've taken a couple of shots and I'll try see if they upload later.

Siegrist and Vaz Te should indeed be great for L1 level, the latter in particular - nice one! Also, Osman should give you some strength in the middle. Your Dutch recommendations didn't throw up N'Koyi? He did very well for me in season 2, on a free.

N'Koyi got bought by another team for £105k unfortunately

Ah, no problem. I'm sure you have plenty enough there anyway, looking forward to seeing how your new guys progress.

My situation has just changed significantly. October 2015, and I have the chance to sign 32 y/o free agent Yakubu, until the end of the season, with wages of £5.5k p/w. I also agree to sign another unattached international player, Rainford Kalaba, who settles for wages of £2.5k p/w on a two year deal.

Kalaba has no agent, which is great news as no fees are due to him or the money-men, but Yak and his representative want almost £300k between them for the privilege of donning the shirt again. I only have about £200k and my wage budget is maxed out, but nostalgia gets the better of me and I go to the board. I rarely, if ever, trouble them and they agree to grant some more funds. I'm hoping to be given maybe £300k, in order to get the deals done - and out of nowhere they cough up £4.98m! It's a shock, as there has been no takeover talk or any hint of such a move - as far as I was concerned we are still paying back hefty loans and in debt.

Needless to say, both deals are being completed as we speak...

Ive got a dillemma. Pompeys all time leading goalscorer Alan Dugdale a 6 ft 6 gentle giant has become surplus to requirements despite being 28 and having been at the club since a £7.5m move from Man City at 17.

Hes picking up £140k a week for doing nothing but is a club legend, financial prudence or let him pick up his money for a few games a year :(

There is a print screen option under the FM option on the title bar........ I've taken a couple of shots and I'll try see if they upload later.

I tried that as well before. I'll try it again later but think it gives an option for text or email or something like that and had no luck with either

Season 3.

Players Out .........

Ross Jenkins, Aberdeen 325k

Sonny Bradley, Blackpool 500k

Marko Kopliss, Oxford 7k

Barcham, East, Devera .... Free's

Players in ........

Max Stone 17 (Regen) (DR/L) 11.5k From Skrill Prem side Dartford. The young fullback is very highly rated and I have no idea what he was doing popping up at Dartford. My scouts spotted him and I snapped him up.

Dzihad Seferovic (Regen) 19 (S) free from Bosnian side Celik. Pure class. Happened on him by chance in my filtered search. Added to my shortlist, loads of clubs put in offers for him, all about Portsmouth's level. I couldn't scout him so I gambled because in his previous season he had scored 22 goals in 38 games and he was highly sought after. He also had 2 full caps and 1 goal. (And he has dual nationality so no WP needed). Upped his contract demands which were reasonable to start with just to ensure he choose us and he did.

Fernando Lewis 22 (S), 10k from AZ. Hoping this seemingly talented striker will bag a few goals

Van De Streek 22 AMC 10K From Vitesse. This lad can play both flanks as well as CM so will be great cover with his versatility,

Simon Pasa 21 DMC 44k From Inter. Looks very talented. Not suprised Inter transfer listed him because he's probably below their level but I was suprised we were able to sign him and so cheaply too.

Niklas Maripuu 23 MC Free from AIK. A great addition to the central midfield are. Fought off a lot of competition to get him.

Loans In .........

Heylan DC from Anderlecht.

Modesto RB from LOSC

Verbiest AMC from AS Monaco

Capradossi DC from Roma

Finished a credible 13th in the league. We were very difficult to beat and secured 17 draws in total, the highest draw rate in the division.

Didn't do well in the cups but we did force prem side Norwich into a replay in the FA cup 2nd round,

The youngsters are all developing nicely. Sam Johnstone and Dan Butler are now regulars squad members for England U21's.

But the seasons star was definately Seferovic who scored an amazing 25 in 46 games in all comps. (He has two more years on his contract yet, so hopefully I can keep him in the summer)

15 yr old Sean Hamilton was signed from this seasons youth intake with a 4 star PA. Scouts reckon he'll make a good championship central midfielder.

Lots of other youngsters were loaned out and one or two are doing OK although Harris has been plagued by serious injuries.

Fahad (Cant spell 2nd name) Is a prospect but has scored only an average rating of 6.2 from 6 starts and 5 sub apps. Dunno if I can develop him any.

I've been spending all of my 85k wage budget but brought in some transfer fees to keep the board happy.

They are so happy I've just been given a wage budget of 125k and a transfer kitty of 6.45 million for a mid table finish in season 4.... I'm off to the shops -)

With that kind of cash, I'm hopeful I can sign the right quality to get us promoted.

7th August 2016 and the 4th season gets underway.

We start with a fine 2-0 home win V Nots Forest and then we beat Oxford at their place in the league cup 1-0 with a very experimental side.

Our second league fixture see's us visit Ipswich and they manage an 87 minute equaliser for a 1-1 draw.

It's a positive start.

Transfers in .........

Chris Remmer 23. RB for 500k FC Midtjylland 4* ability and prem quality full back according to my hard working scouts. The right back position has always been a problem for us but hopefully no longer.

Tom Thorpe 23. DC Free From Man Utd. He didn't make the grade at Man Utd but with less competition at Portsmouth, I'm hoping he will reach his obvious potential.

Horour Magnusson 23 Free from Juve. Horour finds himself in the same spot as Thorpe.

Gjermund Asen 25, MC 250k from Stromsgodset The 25 year old Norwegian MC is in because Simon ferry has been transfer listed. He can also offer cover on the left.

Serge Diomande (Regen) 18, DC 88k from some French Club whose name I cant spell -) This lad has bags of potential and has 10 U21 caps for Ivory Coast. At that price I'd be mad to pass up the oportunity to sign him.

Eric Millet (Regen) 16, Striker 2.4 Million From an Obscure Belgian club. OK so how can I pay so much for a 16 year old? Well, this lad is something special. Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City all offered him a contract but he signed for us when I offered him a first team role at 4 times the wages he was asking, 4.3k per week. I dont expect wonders from him this year or even next but I'm convinced he'll be a wonderkid.

Loans in ............

Senne Verbiest 20 MC. The Belgian U21 International returns on loan after he quickly decides to spend another season with us.

Ken McEvoy 21 ML. Ken joins from Spurs hoping to get some first team experience. He is a regular for England U21's.

Milos Veljkovic 20 DC. Iv'e been watching Milos for a long time and finally got him on loan from Spurs. The young defender has already made his full debut for Serbia and looks an exciting prospect.

Players out ......

Mustapha Yatabare, Striker, 325k to Sheff Utd. Mustapha was largely disapointing during his spell with us.

Van De Streek. 155k to Breda. The winger was just not getting games.

Erik Nillson and Marcus Painter were surplus to requirements and left on free's.

Yado Mambo also left on a free which was disapointing because he had a lot of potential but I couldn't develop him.

Romain Padovani left to join Nimes Olympique for free after refusing my contract offer.

My tactics have been 4-4-2 with wide midfielders and two central midfielders on support duty. I'm guessing my slighlty negative tactics are what made us hard to beat last year.

I'm sticking with it because I have not played a save with 4-4-2 for a long time now.

My policy is to look for midfielders with high work rate/team work stats and I try to avoid AMC's, AMR/L's etc and rely on my advanced forward and poacher/tera to do thier job in front of goal.

I may change one of my CM's to a deep lying play maker role this season as I've several players suitable for the role and we may create a few more chances.

Iv'e still got a lot of cash in thr bank but If I sign anyone else this year, it''ll be a top rated player at a bargain price or a quality youngster..... I'm relatively happy with my squad and I aim to achieve better than a mid table finish.

I tried that as well before. I'll try it again later but think it gives an option for text or email or something like that and had no luck with either

Cant save as a JPG to upload by usuing the FM print screen option. ALT F9 don't work either.

Can anyone advise on how to upload a screenie please?

Archived