The Santos Project - Tactical and Player Development

Magic, thanks.

Has the Youth Training labels changed as well. Haven't looked at that yet.

Thanks

Ally

I've updated the original post with the correct ones. Everything in that post is now correct for FM14 :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 - I already explained this in the thread, everyone is on heavy individual training or heavy specific attribute training. The key to it working is to reduce the scheduling bar for general/match training and have it set to either 0/10/20%. I prefer to have it set to no match training so players get full benefit.

With this update I have to go back to 50% match prep tactic training :(

But what I've found interesting following your guidelines, is that putting everyone on heavy individual training and general team training on low, the overall training level is deemed 'low' and I get very few training injuries. What I want to ask is, if I raise General training to average (training level still = low) do the players lose out on individual training increases? If so, i should put General on the lowest 'very low' setting, I guess.

With this update I have to go back to 50% match prep tactic training :(

But what I've found interesting following your guidelines, is that putting everyone on heavy individual training and general team training on low, the overall training level is deemed 'low' and I get very few training injuries. What I want to ask is, if I raise General training to average (training level still = low) do the players lose out on individual training increases? If so, i should put General on the lowest 'very low' setting, I guess.

That's because of the way tactic familiarity was tweaked in the last patch, everyone suffered the same. But it still works as set out in the post. The loss you've took now will come back naturally over time, so Riz said.

It means they'll put more focus on general training and whatever you've got it set to the higher you train it. That's why I leave it on low :)

Cleon do you have times when your players have a decrease in attributes? I stay really p****d when i have a youngster that have attributes increase and then, at some point, they show red arrows.

Red arrow isn't technically a decrease though. Remember that attributes are based on a 100 scale and not the 20 we see. So a red arrow might mean they've lost 0.01 of an attribute which isn't an actual loss. This can happen when learning new positions or when someone reaches close to their full PA as the attributes what have risen might have come at the expense of others.

The only red arrows I get are during/after injuries and my 2 36-year old warhorses who are naturally declining, plus the odd anomaly who gets a blasting from me when it shows up on the 1st of the month report. On that point, I never check so can anyone verify - when you tell a player he needs to buck up in training if he wants to remain in the first team/at the club, do you get a positive response or does it make no difference?

As to grumbling about the training workload, I've always ignored it and never seen any detriment - anyone experience any negative result?

As usual another quality post, just like that of Ajax from last season.

Just one thing, when I undertake individual training (intensive) most players complain that training is heavy. Should I be worried at all? Or do I lower the general training a little bit to below average if I want to reap rewards from individual training?

As usual another quality post, just like that of Ajax from last season.

Just one thing, when I undertake individual training (intensive) most players complain that training is heavy. Should I be worried at all? Or do I lower the general training a little bit to below average if I want to reap rewards from individual training?

General training should be set to low if you want to focus heavily on individual training.

General training should be set to low if you want to focus heavily on individual training.

As I said, that's what I do - yet they still complain despite the overall workload being light! Pansies. Ignoring them hasn't brought any repercussions for me, I don't think. It may be because I have a professional squad, though.

As I said, that's what I do - yet they still complain despite the overall workload being light! Pansies. Ignoring them hasn't brought any repercussions for me, I don't think. It may be because I have a professional squad, though.

If you have a professional squad they'll be complaining that the trainer is light and need more to do. Just ignore them and stick to the plan it'll all be fine :)

The more professional the squad the more they'll moan :)

One thing, what do you think about the speech after/before and halftime the match? Being favourite our not.

This depends largely on the personality of your squad. You will learn as you go along if you take notes.

For example if you have a very professional/ambitious set of players, even if they get ratings of 6.9 you can say you are disappointed with their performance and get away with it (motivate them) and telling you expect a win against weaker teams is mandatory.

Not to difficult to work out after a while. It's a little more tricky this time around because you can please half your squad and alienate the other half if you have a very mixed squad, and the personal talks don't do as well at adjusting their moods this time I've found. I always aim to get a professional bunch, because they are easier to handle (even if they whinge a lot sometimes)

If you have a nervy lot, you will constantly be having to boost their confidence, but it's not as easy to do.

This depends largely on the personality of your squad. You will learn as you go along if you take notes.

For example if you have a very professional/ambitious set of players, even if they get ratings of 6.9 you can say you are disappointed with their performance and get away with it (motivate them) and telling you expect a win against weaker teams is mandatory.

Not to difficult to work out after a while. It's a little more tricky this time around because you can please half your squad and alienate the other half if you have a very mixed squad, and the personal talks don't do as well at adjusting their moods this time I've found. I always aim to get a professional bunch, because they are easier to handle (even if they whinge a lot sometimes)

If you have a nervy lot, you will constantly be having to boost their confidence, but it's not as easy to do.

Tks for your opinion. :)

I just tried on my own game with a tactic that is fully fluid and changed match prep to zero and nothing dropped. So not sure what your issue is because having no match prep would only be an issue if you wasn't fluid to begin with.

Guys,

Has anyone else noticed a drop in tactic familiarity if you drop match prep training to zero?

Just to be clear, i'm not talking about the tactic familiarity issue re 14.2.0. This seems to concern match prep training only

The training stuff had a bug, before 14.2.0, and than with the correction on last patch the ttc familiarity droped (in my case was pression almost to zero on 1st ttc, and marking on 2nd and 3rd) but it'll be fine after a few weeks, 1 month at max. ;)

The training stuff had a bug, before 14.2.0, and than with the correction on last patch the ttc familiarity droped (in my case was pression almost to zero on 1st ttc, and marking on 2nd and 3rd) but it'll be fine after a few weeks, 1 month at max. ;)

He said it wasn't this issue in his post :)

Hi Cleon,

I must say I really enjoy your threads, particularly on developing players. Now, I've got a question. I got this wonderful prospect this year, and he has already impressed me with scoring two goals in his 4 appearances from the bench (probably less than 90 minutes on the pitch altogether). I want to get as such as possible out of him. So, I'd like to ask you how would you approach developing this player. His personality is Fairly Sporting and his media personality is Level-headed. Thanks in advance.

banos.png

Id get him tutored with someone with a better personality. Then I'd make sure he got games, whether this be sub apperances or full games. If you want him to develop then the more game time the better long term. Then I'd focus on the attributes he'll need for how you play him and train them up for a bit.

OK, thanks. I've got my 1st choice right winger who has Professional personality, so I'll ask him to be this lad's tutor once the new season begins (the current one has already ended). He seems to be already a fairly decent winger, and that's how I want to play him.

Thanks. I've asked because i read it somewhere, but i'm glad that it is a false statement.

4 months might be okay, but if it's season-long then realistically, he's never going to reach his PA if a big chunk of youth development time has been lost. What I'm not sure about is if a specific serious injury can lead to a loss of quickness (esp acceleration) that will never be recovered (a la M Owen, F Torres).

Guys,

Has anyone else noticed a drop in tactic familiarity if you drop match prep training to zero?

Just to be clear, i'm not talking about the tactic familiarity issue re 14.2.0. This seems to concern match prep training only

It would appear that this is happening (for me anyway).

On the 16/10 my tactic was fully fluid. Changed Match Prep to zero, unchecked rest before match and continued. Now on the 28/10 tactics familiarity has dropped across all 8 sections.

Will raise in bugs forum as well.

See screenshots.

akde.png

00nt.png

Anybody else seen this?

Im reading your thread and it is realy useful,have just finished the first 2 posts,as I can see you cant see a point in playing freindlies against equal or even tougher teams as for me

I play couple of matches against superb teams so I can get better gate recipients , also help find out how newly signed players or developed youth will fit in my tactic b4 throwing them into the heat of the league,also here I need to raise a question if you are Birmingham for example and played Arsenal in a freinly preseason and luckily you win , would it boost your morale much more than winning versus Yeovil or it is the same regarding morale aspect

It would appear that this is happening (for me anyway).

On the 16/10 my tactic was fully fluid. Changed Match Prep to zero, unchecked rest before match and continued. Now on the 28/10 tactics familiarity has dropped across all 8 sections.

Will raise in bugs forum as well.

See screenshots.

akde.png

00nt.png

Anybody else seen this?

It's not a bug, it was because the way some of the settings worked was changed in the last patch, so on existing saves everyone took a knock on tactic familiarity due to the changes that was made to the game.

Im reading your thread and it is realy useful,have just finished the first 2 posts,as I can see you cant see a point in playing freindlies against equal or even tougher teams as for me

I play couple of matches against superb teams so I can get better gate recipients , also help find out how newly signed players or developed youth will fit in my tactic b4 throwing them into the heat of the league,also here I need to raise a question if you are Birmingham for example and played Arsenal in a freinly preseason and luckily you win , would it boost your morale much more than winning versus Yeovil or it is the same regarding morale aspect

You'd gain more morale by winning by a bigger margain.

Question about pre-season training. I am just starting a new game, so am trying to get this right.

Match Prep slider all the way to left - Check. Tactics only - Check. General training heavy fitness for a week or so then Team Cohesion.

What do you do with the individual training in this period (I have read through all of this thread and couldn't find anything) Do you just leave them blank whilst on the fitness training ? As adding more training could cause injuries. But when on Team Cohesion, should be okay to add individual training, at some level ?

Any help appreciated.

Question about pre-season training. I am just starting a new game, so am trying to get this right.

Match Prep slider all the way to left - Check. Tactics only - Check. General training heavy fitness for a week or so then Team Cohesion.

What do you do with the individual training in this period (I have read through all of this thread and couldn't find anything) Do you just leave them blank whilst on the fitness training ? As adding more training could cause injuries. But when on Team Cohesion, should be okay to add individual training, at some level ?

Any help appreciated.

It's up to you. I like to set individual training once the season starts because I like to do it all in one go and because I normally bring new additions in it would mean setting it up several times. So I normally do it once preseason is done.

It's not a bug, it was because the way some of the settings worked was changed in the last patch, so on existing saves everyone took a knock on tactic familiarity due to the changes that was made to the game.

Cleon,

i already experienced the tactic familiarity drop from updating to 14.2.0. This is in regards to setting my Match Prep to 0.

Cleon,

i already experienced the tactic familiarity drop from updating to 14.2.0. This is in regards to setting my Match Prep to 0.

Ah okay. Still not experiencing this on any save I've made so far and I've done a lot :D

Your best posting about it in bugs forum rather than here though :)

Archived