The Sammarinese Challenge.

Facilities

Finally from the club, we have now got all round world class facilities. With the stadium move a matter of months away, here is my facilities list! Youth recruitment upgrade has come in time for youth intake day 2021.

Wow. That just shows how far behind the curve I am. :(

I'm 16 years further on than you, have achieved significantly more, and am still lagging waaaaaay behind. :thdn:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just goes to show how important personalities and tutoring really are. :thup::applause:

I think that's very true. I put an awful lot of work into it, and it has served me well I think.

Currently 15 Model Pro's, another 13 Pro's and 26 Fairly Pro's. 15 Resolute too which I also like. Most of the Fairly Pro's, (other than GK's are on their way to more Professional).

Really want to finally design a tactic that uses wingers. All the success Ive ever had on FM has come from narrow formations (442 diamond, 433 flat (3CMs, 3STs) 4132). Especially when I had some really good wingers come through on this save, but I couldnt integrate them into the first team. Im thinking a 451 (or 41221 however you see it :D)

I have had enormous success playing with 2 proper wingers in this save. I started off with a W(a) on the left and and IF(s) on the right, but when it got to the stage where we were competing with the big boys, I swapped the IF(s) on the right to a W(s). It really is conducive to attractive highlights. I love the way we play. If you are interested in taking a look then I'm sure I posted tactical info earlier in this thread showing what I was doing.

Well I normally try this challenge every year but give up after a couple of seasons.

After never really getting into FM14 this year, i thought that i would give it another shot so that i could try and get back into it before FM15 comes out.

Season Review 2013/2014

Well it's the first time I've done this but we won the league first season!!

=132863480&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5"]Final League Table We finished 10 points clear but it could have been so much more!! After the title was wrapped up we dropped points against the lower teams as the players just thought the season was over.

Our stand out player was =132863480&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2"]Nicolo Lolli - who would have got top goal scorer if he wasn't out with an injury for the middle part of the season. Shame that he is only on loan at the club but i will try and sort that out over the summer.

The best signing that my scout found was =132863480&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]Franco Semioli and I recommend him to anyone thinking of starting this.

National Team

We didn't disgrace ourselves and much was as to be expected throughout the remaining qualifying games. =132863480&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4"]Fixtures Was nice to get a win though!

My scout at club level has found one possible star for the future in =132863480&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1"]Federico Benedettini but I'm not holding out much hope on him.

Onwards to next season where I hope to not get relegated. I tend to exploit the loan market for the next couple of seasons and the club's financial state is getting worse on a daily basis.

Wow. That just shows how far behind the curve I am. :(

I was really fortunate when the consortium came in, they just maxed out everything in 2 or 3 years and built a stadium straight away.

Competitions

We had such a frustrating end to a good season, missing out on the title by just 1 point in the end. As well as this, we lost in the final of both the Euro Cup and Italian Cup. As there have been no internationals since part 1, I will dedicate the rest of this post to updating you on my youngsters and their development.

Youth Intake Day 2021

Quite a handy day actually. We had one potentially world class Italian come through in Marco Interlandi. Although we had no Sammarinese superstars come through, we did have Serie B potential players come through in 2 of our weak positions (2nd Inside Forward and DM). This should boost the depth in our NT and supports the 4 or 5 top class stars currently developing.

Youth Player Development May 2021

Giacomo Bianchi SMR 2014 - Developed a little this season and played well. Coaches say he is now at full potential.

Lorenzo Bonifazi SMR 2015 - Nothing special but good enough for national team depth.

Alessandro Morri SMR 2016 - Similar to Bianchi, stopped developing this season, still a very good centre half though.

Leonardo Belli ITA 2017 - Great season for the wonderkid, I wish he was Sammarinese!

Giulio Iacoviello ITA 2017 - Has been on loan at Lazio, a good young player but doesn't really suit our system.

Fabrizio Albani ITA/SMR 2017 - Looks like he will play for Italy now, future star.

Silviano Muccioli ITA/SMR 2017 - Again looks like he will play for Italy now, has become a wonderful anchor midfielder.

Emanuele Renzi SMR 2018 - Really impressed me with his development, ran the show in many Euro Cup games last season.

Giuseppe Borrello ITA 2019 - Future star, excellent talent improving so quickly.

Marco Muccioli SMR 2019 - Excellent young striker will lead NT strike force for years to come.

Giovanni Gallo ITA 2020 - Good young defender, if he was Sammarinese I'd be raving about him.

Luca Tomassoni SMR 2020 - Will eventually become a class partner for Renzi in NT. Ironically, only Belli has same potential standard as him according to coaches!

your kids are incredible coady. so so much better than mine!

I accept that I'm lucky to have some Sammarinese stars, however, I don't have much balance to my starting 11 still. I have 2 solid right backs, but no left back. I have retrained one but he doesn't play as well still. I have one awful CB next to Morri still (I'm so desperate for S.Muccioli to play for us instead of Italy). Until my new youngster develops, I have no holding or attacking midfielder, so my 3rd midfielder is always weak. My young GK from the first season had some dreadful injuries and is now poor too, so I still don't have that spine defensively. Though we look a threat going forward now, which will be even better when my 2 CM's fully develop.

lost in the euros semi final to turkey. gahhhhhh. ciacci now 27, so it's all in for the WC really.

Semi Final is still a very good run! You can probably get 4 years out of him at his peak before his decline. Good luck, and glad you are going to keep it going until the next World Cup at least.

yep, one more effort. i've realised i've probably not been doing quite enough with tutoring, so my youth kids haven't developed as i'd liked.

i've only signed model pro tutors for the last two seasons, and sacrificed league form to try and push them on. i've had to strike a balance, as someone like ciacci would up and leave if we weren't in the champions league, so i finished second last year. juventus must be delighted that my 12 year dominance has ended...

Season 2021-22 Match Day 10

So how about this for a great start to the season... 7 wins, 3 draws, NO losses! We have beaten of lofty Empoli, Drew with Fiorentina and dispatched the likes of Palermo, Milan and Torino. We are yet to face the two sides keeping pace, as well as the two directly behind, but I am absolutely ecstatic with out form.

We have Udinese and Catania in the next few games but are 8 games away from Juventus, which means we could be in with a chance of being near the top come mid season should we hold our form. Either way, safety at this stage is virtually guaranteed.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Juventus   |       | 11    | 10    | 1     | 0     | 25    | 2     | +23   | 31    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Udinese    |       | 10    | 7     | 3     | 0     | 21    | 9     | +12   | 24    | 
| 3rd   |       | San Marino |       | 10    | 7     | 3     | 0     | 20    | 9     | +11   | 24    | 
| 4th   |       | Inter      |       | 11    | 6     | 3     | 2     | 19    | 10    | +9    | 21    | 
| 5th   |       | Catania    |       | 10    | 7     | 0     | 3     | 17    | 15    | +2    | 21    | 
| 6th   |       | Empoli     |       | 10    | 5     | 2     | 3     | 19    | 12    | +7    | 17    | 
| 7th   |       | Atalanta   |       | 10    | 3     | 6     | 1     | 17    | 12    | +5    | 15    | 
| 8th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 11    | 4     | 3     | 4     | 16    | 18    | -2    | 15    | 
| 9th   |       | Lazio      |       | 11    | 4     | 3     | 4     | 19    | 18    | +1    | 15    | 
| 10th  |       | Pescara    |       | 11    | 5     | 0     | 6     | 21    | 19    | +2    | 15    | 
| 11th  |       | A.C. Milan |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 13    | 12    | +1    | 14    | 
| 12th  |       | Palermo    |       | 11    | 4     | 2     | 5     | 14    | 20    | -6    | 14    | 
| 13th  |       | Cagliari   |       | 10    | 4     | 1     | 5     | 12    | 13    | -1    | 13    | 
| 14th  |       | Torino     |       | 10    | 4     | 0     | 6     | 11    | 16    | -5    | 12    | 
| 15th  |       | Roma       |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 9     | 13    | -4    | 11    | 
| 16th  |       | Napoli     |       | 10    | 2     | 2     | 6     | 13    | 18    | -5    | 8     | 
| 17th  |       | Parma      |       | 11    | 2     | 2     | 7     | 10    | 22    | -12   | 8     | 
| 18th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 10    | 1     | 4     | 5     | 9     | 16    | -7    | 7     | 
| 19th  |       | Novara     |       | 10    | 1     | 2     | 7     | 11    | 24    | -13   | 5     | 
| 20th  |       | Modena     |       | 11    | 0     | 1     | 10    | 5     | 23    | -18   | 1     | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Hey up guys. Got the FM15 beta today. I have begun the challenge, however Ill wait till the game is released properly till I post up my starting stats etc. Just incase there is a game breaking bug (ie I get sacked in 6 months :lol:)

I have taken over the NT aswell as the club side from the off though this time around. This will be my only save on FM15 so wish me luck!

I tonight will be starting the challenge on the new beta release. I'm pleased to see Palazzi & Stefanelli start the game with the club this year, hopefully giving me a small base for the national side from the very start. I am hoping to find this years game more challenging. First update later this evening.

Far more difficult to sign good players this year. Can't see even a challenge for first season promotion this time!

Welcome Dan and best of luck in this challenge. Definitely a fun challenge, look forward to seeing your updates in due time.

Good luck starting fresh on FM15 for both you and Coady I will likely check out FM15, but if I can't continue my current save in FM15 I might leave it for a bit. I need to post an update but I have done quite well with the NT recently and really want to press on and hopefully get into the World Cup and push for some decent success. Not ready to give up on some of my players yet.

Well, you got me.

xpmFtEhl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xpmFtEh.jpg

And a good start :)

521KGBgl.jpg

http://imgur.com/521KGBg

I won't be able to play much in the next couple of weeks as I have my hands full with graduate school, but I will play this now and then and I'll make sure I post here.

I want to try some things with tactics, so I'm prepared for a long run in the lower leagues.

I should have read the first page as I did not add anything extra (San Marino league, players based in SMR, etc). I also forgot to add myself as San Marino's manager. I guess I will have to wait for that one a little :)

I tonight will be starting the challenge on the new beta release. I'm pleased to see Palazzi & Stefanelli start the game with the club this year, hopefully giving me a small base for the national side from the very start. I am hoping to find this years game more challenging. First update later this evening.

Far more difficult to sign good players this year. Can't see even a challenge for first season promotion this time!

What did you set as your manager stats at the start coady? I chose auto for the coaching badge (continental C) and Sunday league rep.

I always choose Sunday League Rep Dan, so same again. Coaching I put auto and had continental B I think, but passed a course already in game! First thing I noticed in Sept international break, I lost 8 players to duty and game only got moved back 1 day! So I've now signed an extra 3 versatile average players to hopefully surpass this issue.

MADA.

If Ciacci is 27 now, then don't you get the World Cup, (when he will be 29), and then another pop at the EURO's. (when he will be 31)? You should try and stick it out to him as he seems to be so pivotal to you.

I feel your pain with regards to the tutoring. It really is a long term investement though.

Leon.

Undefeated after 10 games is brilliant, but I think Juve are going to be a tough nut to crack. Any team that keeps winning like that just creates such a gap. Have you tried to unsettle any of their stars, (or not really at a high enough rep yet)?

dan.

Welcome back again. I'm glad you went for the NT straight away this time. It's not easy in the rearly starges, (it's avctually nigh on impossible), but it really does give a "feel" to the save early on. Good luck.

coady.

I wouldn't worry about getting promoted during the 1st season. I did the last time and then only won 1 single Serie B game all season. Slowly slowly, catchy monkey.

Bobby.

Welcome and good luck. I forgot to add the additional Sammarinese leagues last year too so it's really not a huge problem, and as for the NT..... well you hav eprobebly just savesd yourself a decade of wasting your time anyway. lol

dan & coady.

Are you saying that in FM15 there is manager rep, (like last season), but also something else which determines what coaching badges you start with? :confused:

I've not been playing much as it's mental at work and I'm just not getting the time, (and when I do can't be bothered). Will be playing a bit today though. I hope to get through the Semi's of the Italian Cup, the 1st knockout round of the Champions league and get through to Youth Day at least. God what I wouldn't do for a (SMR) centre-half with no DN. Please, please, please, please, please, please.

2026/2027 Season

Another good year for the Sanmarinese fans. The club side managed to come in Runners Up in both the Serie A and the Champions League, I would obviously have prefered to win one or both, but I came up a bit short on both. Managed to sign another promising striker in Kyle MacKenzie on a free from Everton, his stats were very similar to John Glover. This addition allowed me to sell John Glover off to Manchester United (the team I picked him up from 2 years prior on a free) for $40m plus incentives. I could not be happier, more money for my coffers and already a suitable replacement to hold the position until Benedettini or Sbravati are ready to take the reins.

Part way through the season I decided it was time to give Luca Beccari the young SMR keeper from the 2025 youth intake a chance in the starting side as Marco Francini had stopped progressing and was fairly mediocre to start the season. He performed beyond my expectations having a 7.09 average rating over 40 starts, he also held 16 clean sheets in the league second only to the Juventus Keeper with 18.

Although we came in as Runner's Up in the Champions League, we didn't perform quite as well as I had hoped or wanted, as we flew through the Group Stages losing only 1 game to Valencia 2-4 away. But then we dropped a game away at sc Heereveen who from my admitedly poor football knowledge seemed like the weakest team to progress to the 1st knockout round. We lost away 0-3 which was bitterly disappointing, thankfully we played as I was hoping at home and thrashed them 7-2, it's worth noting that Papadinas was injured during this time frame having picked up another injury on International Duty.

When Papadinas returned from Injury he snagged a goal in most of the games on the way to the final, we dropped away games to Roma and Man Utd on the way to the final. In the final we were just outplayed by PSG which was disappointing, but in the end reaching the Champions League final for the side is a huge step up from previous years.

Champions League/EURO Cup

Fixtures

Serie A

Past Positions

Table

Squad

- This year's youth intake is pretty decent, a couple of players which should be of some help in the future.

- Marco Tomassoni should be a good player for the NT, his lack of speed is a bit concerning he is a Natural in all 4 positions he is listed as being capable of playing which is a huge plus. Long term I might look to move him out onto the Wing as I already have some pretty decent players in the Central Midfield.

- Lorenzo Tosi is yet another Central Defender to come through the youth ranks and as such will not likely see much playing time in the NT unless injuries etc strike. But I will keep an eye on his development.

- These days with sufficient depth already built I am cutting off signing any players below 1 star, and may look to increase that cut off also.

National Team Update

Fixtures

Best Eleven

Euro Qualifiers

World Rankings

Spain Match Stats

What a Year!!

10 games, 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. I will freely admit I have been very lucky with injuries or my lack thereof. I have been able to field a full-strength squad throughout most of my tenure as the Coach of the NT which has really helped me climb the Rankings. As you can see above I have managed to climb all the way up to 17 on the back of a wonderful year.

My team has been banging in goals and surprisingly it was been coming from Giacomo Tosi and not Daniele Benedettini as I was thinking. Tosi is in all honesty a pretty sub-par player (stats wise) who really shouldn't be capable of playing at this level. But I am not going to complain, as long as he keeps performing he will keep getting a spot in the side. Tosi was the leading goal scorer over the 10 games scoring 7, also just to note that he only played in 7 of those 10 games also.

We picked off some pretty big scalps during the year, none bigger than Spain. Since this game was at home I played with my attacking tactics and the team performed very well. Last year when we held Spain to 1 goal (in a loss) we benefitted from their inability to shoot on target, this time we simply played better than them. A phrase not used to often for the Sanmarinese NT. We also managed to beat Turkey at home which I also consider to be a relatively strong team being ranked inside the top 30 in the world in my save.

Thanks to our huge year, we managed to top Group D on 19 points! Spain came through as the second seeds on 17, Turkey also qualified through the 3rd position on 12. San Marino are off to their first European Championship!

Jimbo

One of the new features when you set up a new manager on FM15 is that you get stat points to distribute, and how many points you get are determiend by what coaching licence and reputation you start off with. You can send your manager off on courses to improve his licence though. Although upon completion of those courses I am not sure if you get new points to distribute as you see fit or if they are allocated for you.

I always choose Sunday League Rep Dan, so same again. Coaching I put auto and had continental B I think, but passed a course already in game! First thing I noticed in Sept international break, I lost 8 players to duty and game only got moved back 1 day! So I've now signed an extra 3 versatile average players to hopefully surpass this issue.

Did you get to redistribute the points yourself?

Yes Jimbo you can choose between being a 'tracksuit manager' or a 'tactical manager'. The higher the coaching badges you choose the more points you can allocate into your coaching skills and the higher past playing experience you choose, the more points you can put into your tactical attributes. As has been said you can go on courses to gain higher badges, although Im not sure if you can raise your tactical points after your experience is set.

Ive already restarted my game as I forgot to 'fix' the German side. Ill get my inital post up later today I think. Ive spent the last day redownloading all of the player faces and badges as somehow they got corrupt sat in my documents but hey ho.

I didn't get the option to, so I guess not but I do miss some things? For example, I don't know how to request tutoring on this years game? I also had to start again due to German side (not that it'll matter by the time my team is relevant. This international postponements is doing my head in!!! In November on 2nd attempt, things going better than expected.

With 11 league games to go we are in a quite unbelievable league position! Loan signings of young strikers have been essential & we now look certain of winning the league at the first attempt. All I need is a great talent called Bianchi now and my deja vu will be complete!

I will be posting a youth update as soon as I get there in game.

First youth intake day on FM15 has just passed, it offered little by depth due to poor facilities, recruitment and coaches, but I managed to secure one Sammarinese gem yet again! I don't think Alessandro Volpinari quite as well balanced as Bianchi was, but as you can see my assistant gives him the same potential ability level! Added bonus... no DN and he's straight in the squad for the next NT game.

Well this thread certainly got me back into FM2014, played 5 seasons in the last month getting San Marino into Serie A. After getting them relegated back out of Serie A, I figured now was the right time start again on FM2015.

So here is Graham Russell, the new San Marino manager. I didn't manage the national team at all last time round, I'm going for it from the start this time. Guessing it will be rather challenging!

I cant say Im doing as well in the league as you coady, but I have also just had my youth intake and Andrea Zanotti will hopefully be Andy Selva's long term replacement upfront. He is DN but has accepted my callup for the Euro Qualifier against Switzerland! Result :D

I have to say its a tough call how to set up in the NT games. I dont want to be all out defend and just invite constant pressure and chances, but I feel I dont have much of a choice?! I have managed to score a goal though which is a start I suppose....

Welcome Reggiana good luck with the challenge. Its good to see this getting more interest now!

Welcome to the challenge Reggiana, I see you gave it a quick bash on FM14 before starting on FM15. That should serve you well as you know what you are getting yourself into.

Before I took up this challenge I was just playing FM without any real purpose or goal. So I have really enjoyed participating in this challenge, having something to work towards makes getting there so much more satisfying!

Dan, Zanotti looks like he could be a great prospect for the future, Congrats! To get a kid of that quality who has Dual Nationalities straight into the SMR side is a steal. We all know that convincing players to join up with SMR over Italy can be a real challenge, and waiting for them to change their mind is even worse.

Cheers guys, it's ashame to see Lolli no longer there, he scored over 100 goals for me in 5 seasons on FM2014.

Unfortunately Palazzi tore his hamstring in my first league match of the season. We scored in both my opening internationals, sadly New Zealand had already scored 5 in my first match and Switzerland had already scored 11!

7 points from 3 games in the league though.

Season 2021-22 Match Day 20

It has taken me a while to get here as I haven't had as much time, but this is by far our best season to date. It is just unfortunate that this also rings true for Juventus.

we have managed to rack up a staggering 39 points in 20 matches (which is huge for us) and are currently sitting pretty in 2nd place. Up until the last 4 games, we had been undefeated, but copped 3 in a row to Juventus, Roma and Inter. As a result, Juventus have marched on and are pretty much out of reach for any side at this stage, and it is only the halfway mark. We currently maintain second, but our form suggests that we are starting to hit that part of the year where we just can't keep up with the bigger sides ans squads.

Injuries and suspensions are starting to become a detriment, but I am confident we can keep the fight up for a top half finish. Maybe even European football? It is a pipe dream, but this side has now gelled and look very solid. The key task will be retaining the right players as they all want larger pay packets as our stature increases.

The new stadium arrives at the year's end and it can't come soon enough as we will need that cash windfall to fill our coffers.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Juventus   |       | 20    | 16    | 3     | 1     | 39    | 6     | +33   | 51    | 
| 2nd   |       | San Marino |       | 20    | 11    | 6     | 3     | 37    | 22    | +15   | 39    | 
| 3rd   |       | Udinese    |       | 19    | 11    | 6     | 2     | 41    | 22    | +19   | 39    | 
| 4th   |       | Inter      |       | 20    | 10    | 6     | 4     | 37    | 19    | +18   | 36    | 
| 5th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 21    | 10    | 4     | 7     | 34    | 19    | +15   | 34    | 
| 6th   |       | Palermo    |       | 20    | 9     | 6     | 5     | 33    | 31    | +2    | 33    | 
| 7th   |       | Empoli     |       | 20    | 10    | 3     | 7     | 35    | 28    | +7    | 33    | 
| 8th   |       | Catania    |       | 21    | 10    | 2     | 9     | 31    | 36    | -5    | 32    | 
| 9th   |       | Lazio      |       | 20    | 9     | 5     | 6     | 33    | 27    | +6    | 32    | 
| 10th  |       | Fiorentina |       | 19    | 9     | 3     | 7     | 33    | 30    | +3    | 30    | 
| 11th  |       | Roma       |       | 20    | 8     | 4     | 8     | 22    | 25    | -3    | 28    | 
| 12th  |       | Cagliari   |       | 20    | 8     | 4     | 8     | 25    | 28    | -3    | 28    | 
| 13th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 20    | 5     | 11    | 4     | 28    | 27    | +1    | 26    | 
| 14th  |       | Napoli     |       | 20    | 7     | 4     | 9     | 29    | 30    | -1    | 25    | 
| 15th  |       | Torino     |       | 19    | 7     | 2     | 10    | 21    | 29    | -8    | 23    | 
| 16th  |       | Pescara    |       | 20    | 6     | 1     | 13    | 27    | 35    | -8    | 19    | 
| 17th  |       | Novara     |       | 20    | 4     | 5     | 11    | 25    | 40    | -15   | 17    | 
| 18th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 19    | 2     | 5     | 12    | 18    | 34    | -16   | 11    | 
| 19th  |       | Parma      |       | 20    | 2     | 5     | 13    | 15    | 46    | -31   | 11    | 
| 20th  |       | Modena     |       | 20    | 1     | 3     | 16    | 12    | 41    | -29   | 6     | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Dan

That's brilliant haha. I know the odd one is strange but the general engine is far better to watch than last year imo.

Competitions

Serie C - We won the league easily, with 4 games to spare. Volpinari made his league debut towards the end of the season.

Serie C Cup - We were knocked out in the first round playing a weakened side.

Transfers

Summer transfer window was very annoying, as we were unable to secure some of our top targets for a further years loan. We did sign some decent Spaniards on a free though. Survival expected, not much beyond that though.

National Team

We have moved up to 193rd in the rankings after the first season, thanks to 3 excellent friendly wins against Bhutan, Andorra and Faroe Islands. We had a stinker of a draw for the World Cup Qualifiers, drawing England & Germany in the same group!

First league game of the season, 10 minutes in I am up 4-0 with Poletti scoring a hat-trick. Something seems very wrong.

EDIT: Won 7-1 with 57% possesion and 27 shots, 11 on target. Funny thing is Jara missed from 1 yard out, somehow hit the post, however scored two goals anyway.

Season 2021-22 Matchday 30

We kept our form and maintained outright second place, performing well above expectations. But Juventus have kept their hugelead, and are 13 points clear with 8 games left.

Though they wont be caught, we are looking very well placed for Europe this season, if not Champions League. I was not expecting this performance, but it has been a fantastic run so far this season and I hope we can keep the form into the final 8 games.

| 1st   |       | Juventus   |       | 30    | 22    | 7     | 1     | 57    | 10    | +47   | 73    | 
| 2nd   |       | San Marino |       | 30    | 17    | 9     | 4     | 56    | 33    | +23   | 60    | 
| 3rd   |       | Udinese    |       | 30    | 16    | 10    | 4     | 55    | 34    | +21   | 58    | 
| 4th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 30    | 16    | 6     | 8     | 53    | 39    | +14   | 54    | 
| 5th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 29    | 16    | 5     | 8     | 43    | 23    | +20   | 53    | 
| 6th   |       | Inter      |       | 30    | 14    | 10    | 6     | 60    | 31    | +29   | 52    | 
| 7th   |       | Palermo    |       | 30    | 13    | 7     | 10    | 47    | 50    | -3    | 46    | 
| 8th   |       | Roma       |       | 29    | 13    | 6     | 10    | 38    | 36    | +2    | 45    | 
| 9th   |       | Catania    |       | 30    | 13    | 6     | 11    | 42    | 47    | -5    | 45    | 
| 10th  |       | Cagliari   |       | 30    | 13    | 5     | 12    | 46    | 44    | +2    | 44    | 
| 11th  |       | Lazio      |       | 30    | 12    | 8     | 10    | 46    | 45    | +1    | 44    | 
| 12th  |       | Empoli     |       | 30    | 12    | 5     | 13    | 46    | 47    | -1    | 41    | 
| 13th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 30    | 8     | 15    | 7     | 44    | 42    | +2    | 39    | 
| 14th  |       | Torino     |       | 30    | 10    | 7     | 13    | 36    | 38    | -2    | 37    | 
| 15th  |       | Napoli     |       | 30    | 10    | 6     | 14    | 42    | 50    | -8    | 36    | 
| 16th  |       | Pescara    |       | 30    | 8     | 4     | 18    | 36    | 50    | -14   | 28    | 
| 17th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 30    | 6     | 6     | 18    | 34    | 54    | -20   | 24    | 
| 18th  |       | Novara     |       | 30    | 4     | 6     | 20    | 34    | 64    | -30   | 18    | 
| 19th  |       | Modena     |       | 30    | 4     | 4     | 22    | 26    | 62    | -36   | 16    | 
| 20th  |       | Parma      |       | 30    | 2     | 8     | 20    | 24    | 66    | -42   | 14    | 

Midfielder after midfielder getting injured.

No way to get returning midfielders match fit, because they cannot play in the under 20 team. No time anyway because they are needed to play straight away to replace the latest midfielder to be injured. Sign a new midfielder first game out for 5 weeks. Frustrating.

We started very strangely in Serie B, with groups of poor and excellent runs alike. We sit comfortably enough in the middle of the league for now though at the start of November.

The national team made miracle progress, picking up their first competitive point already at home to Lithuania. We are up to 183rd in the rankings at present.

I think I'm tinkering with my tactics too much, leaving us in mid table. Probably need to let the familiarity build up a bit more. Still, closer to the playoffs than the playouts after 14 games, hopefully I'll be able to get through the season tomorrow.

The National Team followed that 11-1 defeat to Switzerland with a 10-0 defeat to England. I seem to be struggling a lot with players turning up in the 70's for condition, is this due to them being amateurs? Anyway, we then had a much more promising 3-1 defeat in Estonia. We have arranged friendlies against the mighty Anguilla, Somalia and British Virgin Islands, so I'm hoping we can get results against them.

Season 2014/15 season review

Competitions An Average season, very much par for the course, Consistency will be key if we are to progress next year.

Transfers I had to sign Andy Selva for sentimental purposes, Valzania was a very useful loan signing contributing 8 goals from midfield.

National Team. Not great, we lost all games during the season, however we did score 4 goals in a game which can only be promising.

Dan

Valzania was brilliant for me too, he and Bonazzoli took me up almost single handedly.

Reggiana

I try to buy 5 or 6 of the better young NT players near the start, so I at least have half a fit team for the first game of each break.

Leon

Reminds me of my title winning season, you expect it to relent at some point but you keep going. Enjoy the Champions League next season, it's arguably the biggest step in the club challenge in my experience!

December 2015

With 18 games gone in the league season in Serie B, I'm amazed to report that things are going even better than on FM14. As the league table shows, we are only separated from leaders Cagliari on GD. My addition of mostly Italian signings has worked a treat, with the squad gelling quickly and going on a superb run. Although a few injuries are beginning to thin my squad at, performance of youngsters such as Volpinari is enough to suggest we may still compete for a play off place.

Serie B

I am amazed to say that we've done it again, with 2 games to spare this time. I'm absolutely baffled by this as we seem to just have average players playing out of their skin. I'll show you Giuseppe Giovinco's profile just to give you an idea of what I mean here! This is far better achievement than last year, both due to automatic promotion being achieved and the fact I don't have any stars and leaders like Corradi, Zambelli & Motta on FM14. Here's the most different stat from the Serie B campaign on FM15, which just delights me. Now it's a case of a massive overhaul to prevent utter embarrassment next season.

Italian Cup

We were unlucky to draw Fiorentina away in the third qualifying round, so went out in only our second game in this one.

Youth Intake 2016

We had one high potential player come through again, though I'm not completely convinced by his attribute balance. Here is Claudio Francioni. We also had 2 or 3 (2* potential) midfielder come through this season, hopefully they can develop to their potential and add much needed depth to a key position of the NT.

Youth Devlopment

Here's Volpinari at present, he is developing well and playing a fair amount already.

Archived