The Sammarinese Challenge.

sadly i can confirm that once you get higher ranked than italy, the youth prospects still don't want to play for you. i've gone up to 6th in the world (somehow), ahead of italy, but my best dual nationality youth prospects still want to play for the flailing italians, frustrating...

Woah!! Even at the height of my form in FM13 I only got to about 9th I think, that is amazing!

Are you going to post some updates/screenies because that would be awesome to see :)

Have you won anything with the National team? That would be the epitome of this challenge!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woah!! Even at the height of my form in FM13 I only got to about 9th I think, that is amazing!

Are you going to post some updates/screenies because that would be awesome to see :)

Have you won anything with the National team? That would be the epitome of this challenge!

I'll post some this weekend hopefully when I work out how to do it.

I've been carried pretty much by an unreal regen - he's 23 now, won world player of the year, has something like 55 goals in 60 games for the int team. still don't have a decent keeper, but passable in every other area, including two star serie a midfielders. the quality of my youth intakes is really poor recently though, which is worrying.

I got to the second round of the WC in 2026 I think, won 3 out of 3 group games, but lost to uruguay. the depth of the squad is awful, one or two injuries and i'm down to playing 19/20 year olds with half a star rating for my san marino team.

just qualified for euro 2028, beating italy (very luckily) home and away, which was pretty cool.

(as a side note, I'm recovering from ACL surgery, hence why I've been able to smash out the seasons recently!)

I've been carried pretty much by an unreal regen - he's 23 now, won world player of the year, has something like 55 goals in 60 games for the int team. still don't have a decent keeper, but passable in every other area, including two star serie a midfielders. the quality of my youth intakes is really poor recently though, which is worrying.

Brilliant stuff MADA. :thup:

I have had 1 home-grown regen, Ceccoli (SMR/ITA) (2026), who has won Best Player in Europe in 2035. He was the World Golden Ball Runner Up in 2033. The only problem was that he had Italian as a 2nd Nationality and has obviously chosen to represent them, (going on to make 45 appearances and scoring 11 goals for Italy by the time he was 26yo). I have a few players who are regularly shortlisted for the Golden Ball each year, but of them, only Ceccoli mentioned above is HG.

My best player registered to play for (SMR) is Volp (SMR) (2024) and at the age of 72 he has 82 Caps and 2 gaols to his name. He is my (RGA) and is never shortlisted never mind the winner of any awards. It seems that although he performs a vital role for me, those performances are not rewarded with impressive match ratings. He is very much a support player and "mopper-up" to some of my other players and as a result he rarely gets assists or scores goals and as a result, his match ratings do not compare with more attack minded central midfielders. Making him more attacking is something I might consider, but at the moment I don't really want to tweak too mucvh when it's not broken. We lost last years Serie A title because I streamlined the squad and sold better players so that I could play (SMR) players, and we still almost sneaked it, (undeservedly so). This year I have done more of the same streamlining and I am certainly not positive that I will regain the title.

Unlike MADA I am lucky that I now have what seems to be quite a balanced squad. I am short at centre-half, but not so much that I think it's an issue. I just don't see where the next one is coming from and Amici (SMR/ITA) (2018) is now 33 years old. I need to replace him in the next 12 months or I am really going to feel it. :(

I'll post some this weekend hopefully when I work out how to do it.

I got to the second round of the WC in 2026 I think, won 3 out of 3 group games, but lost to uruguay. the depth of the squad is awful, one or two injuries and i'm down to playing 19/20 year olds with half a star rating for my san marino team.

just qualified for euro 2028, beating italy (very luckily) home and away, which was pretty cool.

(as a side note, I'm recovering from ACL surgery, hence why I've been able to smash out the seasons recently!)

I am getting my ACL reconstructed in November! Hopefully I can smash out a lot more as I will be fairly quite on the social front. Here's to some speedy rehab and a quick recovery :)

Brilliant stuff MADA. :thup:

My best player registered to play for (SMR) is Volp (SMR) (2024) and at the age of 72 he has 82 Caps and 2 gaols to his name. He is my (RGA) and is never shortlisted never mind the winner of any awards.

Very long career! Good to hear you have the balance. I had the same issue in FM13 though, where once the golden generation aged, no replacements really came through and we started to struggle. That was when I started to lose interest as I felt I had gone as far as I could go :(

Season 2019-20 Transfers

I wanted to strengthen our backs, so Douglas was bought for a fairly cheap fee that was agreed on as a buyout from his loan. He is young and ha a lot to learn which benefits the mould I want to bring him in to. Zapata was released and became the old head in the back as Vidic would play a much lesser role this season at 37 years of age.

Marchetti is also a fantastic acquisition at keeper. Experience will help push Venturi, though I still plan to leave Venturi as our primary keeper due to his age and his experience at the club between the sticks.

Guarin, another old head, was brought in on loan to provide anchoring in the midfield. We are much stronger all round, and the older signings will really help us settle.

We let a few players go for a tidy profit of £4.25M. Martinez was the best of the bunch to leave, snapped up for £2.5M by Pescara. While Urso and Magrini also left for tidy profits.

IN

| Date               | Person             | From               | Fee                | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1/7/2019           | David Ivan         | Sampdoria          | Free               | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2/7/2019           | Pat Douglas        | Reading            | £3.6M              | 
| 7/7/2019           | Cristian Zapata    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 13/7/2019          | Federico Marchetti | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 25/8/2019          | Fredy Guarín       | Atlético Mineiro   | Ln Fee £100K p/m   | 
|                    | Total              |                    | £3.6M              | 
|                    |                    |                    |                    | 

OUT

| Date               | Person             | To                 | Fee                | 
| 30/6/2019          | Andrea Guatelli    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2019          | Luca Mazzitelli    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2019          | Alex Gennari       | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2019          | Riccardo Fusco     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2019          | Emanuele Sottovia  | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2019          | Gianluca Piroli    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2019          | Vincenzo Picasso   | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2019          | Francesco Di Vicino| Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4/7/2019           | Alfonso Capaccione | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4/7/2019           | Cristian Martínez  | Pescara            | £2.5M              | 
| 11/7/2019          | Francesco Urso     | Empoli             | £1M                | 
| 6/8/2019           | Andrea Magrini     | Novara             | £750K              | 
| 28/8/2019          | Simone Lonfernini  | Arzanese           | Loan               | 
| 29/8/2019          | Luca Cecchetti     | Pontedera          | Loan               | 
| 2/9/2019           | Stefano Siroti     | Ancona             | Loan               | 
| 2/9/2019           | Franco Teoldi      | FeralpiSalò        | Loan               | 
| 2/9/2019           | Marco Contratto    | Catanzaro          | Loan               | 
|                    | Total              |                    | £4.25M             | 
|                    |                    |                    |                    | 

I am not expecting a better position this season, probably a little lower as we settle actually, but I feel that we will have more consistency with the experience.

Season 2019-20 Match day 10

We struggled in the early games, but also challenged a few of the better sides, Chievo being our weakest side and we put them away 1-0. 10 points from 10 matches is not too bad to start, but we need to pick up the pace in the middle part of the season to remain safe.

Guarin scored on debut, but once again it is our backs who are really letting us down, and I may alter our formation to brig in a DM to help anchor a very leaky back. We have already let in 22, which is equal second worst in the league. We need to resolve this otherwise, we are a sinking ship.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Roma       |       | 10    | 9     | 1     | 0     | 24    | 8     | +16   | 28    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Inter      |       | 10    | 9     | 0     | 1     | 24    | 5     | +19   | 27    | 
| 3rd   |       | Juventus   |       | 10    | 7     | 1     | 2     | 20    | 3     | +17   | 22    | 
| 4th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 10    | 7     | 1     | 2     | 21    | 14    | +7    | 22    | 
| 5th   |       | Palermo    |       | 10    | 6     | 0     | 4     | 14    | 12    | +2    | 18    | 
| 6th   |       | Pescara    |       | 10    | 5     | 2     | 3     | 19    | 11    | +8    | 17    | 
| 7th   |       | Empoli     |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 22    | 15    | +7    | 16    | 
| 8th   |       | Torino     |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 23    | 19    | +4    | 16    | 
| 9th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 16    | 11    | +5    | 16    | 
| 10th  |       | Cagliari   |       | 10    | 5     | 0     | 5     | 14    | 13    | +1    | 15    | 
| 11th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 10    | 3     | 3     | 4     | 14    | 16    | -2    | 12    | 
| 12th  |       | Napoli     |       | 10    | 3     | 3     | 4     | 20    | 15    | +5    | 12    | 
| 13th  |       | Udinese    |       | 10    | 2     | 4     | 4     | 16    | 20    | -4    | 10    | 
| 14th  |       | Cesena     |       | 10    | 2     | 4     | 4     | 14    | 19    | -5    | 10    | 
| 15th  |       | San Marino |       | 10    | 3     | 1     | 6     | 11    | 22    | -11   | 10    | 
| 16th  |       | Lazio      |       | 10    | 2     | 3     | 5     | 6     | 14    | -8    | 9     | 
| 17th  |       | Parma      |       | 9     | 2     | 2     | 5     | 8     | 16    | -8    | 8     | 
| 18th  |       | Bologna    |       | 9     | 1     | 2     | 6     | 9     | 22    | -13   | 5     | 
| 19th  |       | Chievo     |       | 10    | 0     | 3     | 7     | 8     | 19    | -11   | 3     | 
| 20th  |       | Modena     |       | 10    | 0     | 2     | 8     | 5     | 34    | -29   | 2     | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Transfers

Quite a big update today. Firstly, another quite understated transfer window, with just 1 late deal going each way (to save on wages for a younger player). Delighted to pick up a couple of fantastic youngsters & Italy's No.2 GK for 725k. Captain Zambelli was also released, leaving Bianchi as club captain at 20. I have tried to spend well under budget, as Stadium Planning has appeared in the board room recently.

Italian Super Cup

Juventus 1-1p San Marino. Bardi became an instant hero against the seven time running league champions and earned his Italy recall.

Euro Cup Group Stage

Placed in a tough Group F with 2 very good sides. I don't rate my chances too highly here in all honesty.

National Team

My previously unnamed useful midfielder from this years youth intake changed his mind and made his competitive debut. Emanuele Renzi is not a future star, but certainly has all the attributes required to be very solid. Finally, we have reached our new high world ranking! This may look useful, but will drop during this qualification period for sure.

I will do a full San Marino player update with next season's youth intake in a couple of days.

Very long career! Good to hear you have the balance. I had the same issue in FM13 though, where once the golden generation aged, no replacements really came through and we started to struggle. That was when I started to lose interest as I felt I had gone as far as I could go :(

He was obviously 27 rather than 72.

I struggled for about 10 years without a GK, but now things are developing nicely. The only problem is a shortage of centre-backs, but even then I am hoping that one coming through now will choose (SMR) instead of (ITA). I really do micro-manage the whole Nation though and all most of the players are still signed to me and then loaned out, (unless I am confidant they will secure a lasting career on their own).

This is probably my most eventful update thus far in this challenge. Starting with the League Table & Euro Cup group table, both of which I'm delighted with! I know we now have a generally established side, but considering youth is half of the back-up team and that we don't have superstars it's some achievement and all but guarantees European football again next season.

The only bad news really is that we lost to a very strong Inter side in the Italian Cup last 16, so I won't be defending that trophy.

We had a bizarre winter period off the pitch though, with a new chairman arriving after 4 months of discussion and embargo! The new chairman pumped 19.5m into facilities investments (which are already superb & great) and pushed stadium planning forward one year. Later that day, this message arrived though! Thankfully, it was later followed by this message after three nervous weeks!

Although we will inevitably fall away in the league after an injury crisis has hit and we go on a poor run, a top 5 finish is almost certain at this point. Unfortunately, we have Arsenal in the Euro Cup, which I cannot see us surviving. Nevertheless, a good youth intake day and this could be a season to remember!

Coady

Nice work there in Serie A you are really doing quite well. To make it out of the Europa Groups as well is very impressive, hard luck on the Arsenal Draw. I imagine there were other teams which might have been a bit more manageable but you may be surprised.

In any case, good luck!

Glad to see you survived the takeover, I survived one just recently also. I got all the same messages you received so I know the feeling, it was a nervous wait to find out if you still have a job or not.

MADA

I echo the sentiments of most others here. To reach 6th in the World Rankings is impressive, I would love to see some screenshots of your progress, team etc.

Leon

Seems like you are making some headway in Serie A, the first season or two in that league are so hard. I have been in the top flight for I think 5-7 seasons somewhere in that ballpark, but I still struggle against a lot of the big sides, Roma in particular seem to be my bogey team, although I lose frequently to Juventus also. In my save Roma have an incredible team and they have a winger named Bismarck Sarpong who just shreds my defense, mainly due to the formation I play.

Quick 2025/2026 Champions League Update

I thought I would also just give a quick update on some of the games I played last night. I still have to post updates for a few seasons before this. But I wanted to share my Champions League progress.

Survived the group in second place against PSG, Galatasaray and Sevilla (I think). Can’t remember who we played in the first knockout, but we won.

Got drawn versus Manchester City in the second knockout round. Was drawn at home for the first leg and held out for a 1-1 draw which I wasn’t too disappointed with. But heading over to England for the second leg I was resigned to losing that leg and being knocked out. The score was 1-1 at full time and we headed into extra time when Thanasis Papadinas scored in the 92nd minute and gave me a lead and I think Marco Veratti scored later on as well and we escaped with a 3-1 win. Needless to say I was really impressed, that stats between us were both pretty even, we each managed about 20 shots, I had more on target and I also had more Clear Cut Chances, 5-3. But to play so well away from home I had the biggest grin on my face knowing we survived.

In the Quarters the teams I can remember were; Real Madrid, Barcelona, Udinese, San Marino, Bayern Munich and Man Utd. The only team I would have thought we had a chance against was probably Udinese (although they won the Champions League last year). We drew Barcelona.

During the International break Papdinas picked up an injury and was unable to play for the two games against Barcelona. He joined my growing list of injured players which is the first time in a while I have had to deal with this issue. What makes it worse is this happened maybe a month or two after the last transfer window in which I got rid of a bunch of my depth as they were complaining about not getting game time. My team was stretched pretty thin and I could only field a bench of 7 players.

Regardless I wasn’t hopeful of beating Barcelona and my hunch proved right, we were comprehensively thrashed away 3-0 and at home 5-0, giving Barcelona an 8-0 scoreline on aggregate. Ouch!

Coady

Well done! You are having an amazing run.

I have generally had bad experiences with the takeover reviewing my position over the years. It has happened maybe 4-5 times in various saves and I think only once or twice I have been spared my position. Another time I was fired, but then re offered the job before I picked up another club. I find good results whilst reviewing help, but past form or contribution to the team doesn't, which is unfortunate if yuo have been at a club for a long while, and also been successful.

Daymor

Thanks Daymor! This season isn't looking as good, I have just lost to 19th Placed Modena 5-1 to give you an example of my current form! I will have an update in another 4 League games as I am 16 matches into the season. Surprisingly though, there are a few teams with equally poor form. I have noticed the worse you seem to do, the worse the poorer teams do also.

Jimbo

You are so very close to a full HG squad. A few more good intakes or improvements with CA in some of the other youth and you will have it. Huge achievement!

Jimbo

That's a very sizable chunk of homegrown players! Are you sacrificing some quality for the homegrown players, or is that your top squad?

Seems like your youth intakes are treating you well, or you are acquiring some quality young talent from elsewhere. Out of curiousity is your Youth Recruitment at Well Established? I imagine all other areas are maxed out, Youth Recruitment seems to be the last one to go up, and I imagine you need a fair amount of success at the Champions League level to be able to request it.

Jimbo

You are so very close to a full HG squad. A few more good intakes or improvements with CA in some of the other youth and you will have it. Huge achievement!

Well I have been working hard towards this, but when I say HG, I of course mean registered as HG rather than proper HG that have come through our academy.

If I look at players who have come through our academy then......

28 years old. Pier (SMR) (2023),

27 years old. Volp (SMR) (2024),

26 years old. Ceccoli (SMR/ITA) (2026),

25 years old. Trini (SMR) (2026),

25 years old. Nicola (SMR)

24 years old. Protti (SMR)

24 years old. Fantini (SMR)

24 years old. Graziano (ITA) (2028),

22 years old. Volpinari (SMR) (2029),

22 years old. Frederico (SMR),

22 years old. Rossi (SMR).

So we just have 11 who have come through our academy. There have been a few really good Italian players who I have let go, (and I have let a couple of Sammarinese players move on too who are good enough to feature), but I am balancing improving the young players as much as possible and giving them game-time, with continuing success at club level.

I obviously have more than just these at the club, (especially aged 21 or younger so didn't need to be registered), but I also have a few (SMR) players who have been loaned out and could easily feature in future seasons.

I try and buy young players to flesh out the Youth team and if I see I have a gap developing then I sign a youngster who is young enough that he will become HG eventually and fill the gap. I have not been producing good enough centre-backs via the academy, but I currently have an excellent (SMR/ITA) 18yo who looks to have excellent potential.

My aim is to first go for an almost completely HG team, but my GK Lucio is Italian was only signed when he was 19, (I think), so he will never become HG at club and because he is still only 25yo he is going to be here for a while yet. I have 2 good (SMR) GK's, (well decent anyway), but nothing at his World Class level.

Jimbo

That's a very sizable chunk of homegrown players! Are you sacrificing some quality for the homegrown players, or is that your top squad?

Seems like your youth intakes are treating you well, or you are acquiring some quality young talent from elsewhere. Out of curiousity is your Youth Recruitment at Well Established? I imagine all other areas are maxed out, Youth Recruitment seems to be the last one to go up, and I imagine you need a fair amount of success at the Champions League level to be able to request it.

I am certainly sacrificing squad quality and giving preference to (SMR) Nationality players. I currently have 3 (SMR) full-backs for example, and none of the 3 are as good as the 2 World Class full-backs I sold in the previous 2 seasons. I have picked my best players for the Champions League squad, (no exceptions), but the only reason that they are the best is because I have recently sold players to the value of £314M (last 3 seasons). It cost me the Serie A title last season and we have just lost 2 out of 3 league games and the 1st leg of the Italian Cup Semi, to drop us down to 2nd in the league and put us at risk of not making the Final of the Cup.

It's not just at full-back though. I have 5 (SMR) central midfielders all competing for 3 positions with 5 non (SMR) players, (although 2 of the non-(SMR) players are still teenagers). But yes, I am certainly sacrificing quality in order to offer more game-time to (SMR) players.

The youth intakes have been kind in terms of quality. Absolutely no doubt about it. Remember that the players I have mentioned are only those over 21 and needing registering. We have some real gems coming through in the next couple of years. The problem is that many of them have been Italian, (or at the very least DN). If I look at the current (ITA) Senior squad, they have 5 players who are registered as HG at club for us, 4 who actually came through our academy and 2 with dual (SMR/ITA) Nationality. If I look at the (ITA) U21 squad then we have 5 players, 4 of whom are products of our academy and 1 who has dual (SMR/ITA) Nationality.

Our Youth Facilities are average.

Our Junior Coaching is exceptional.

Our Youth Recruitment is Established.

I think I have 2 upgrades of some sort in the pipeline, (but can't remember what). Money isn't an issue at all, (we have £371M in the bank), but I'm just struggling to get any movement with regards to facilities.

In terms of the quality that we are producing, the best player to be promoted from the academy last season, Bill (SMR) (2035), is a 16yo AMC with 1.0 star CA which equates to Good Serie B, and 4.5 star PA which equates to World Class. I have a total of 16 players with World Class potential at the club and of these... 3 are (SMR) and an additional 3 came through our academy but were (ITA). (So that's 6 of 16 coming through the academy).

I would much prefer a (SMR) only star Serie A player that a DN (SMR/ITA) World Class player, but that's what I have stumbled upon a couple of times.

Jimbo

That's not too bad all things considered then, I have yet to have a World-Class potential come through my youth academy. Although I would certainly be tempted to consider Luca Rattini World-Class even if my scouts disagree, the other Central Midfielder that came through in Rattini's class, Antonio Gesualdi (Italian) was recently signed on a transfer by Barcelona so he would be close to World Class also. I have started to blood a few SMR youngsters into my club side and they are handling the step up pretty well, Marco Giannini who is a CD but unfortunately has Dual Nationality and is playing for the ITA Under 21's has played really well. Another I have started playing this year is an 18 year old Adrianno Somma in the Fullback position, he has handled the step up extremely well. 2* Current Ability and 4* Potential.

I am surprised that your facilities are only at that level, you must have got unlucky with your Board. Have you been subject to a takeover at any point?

I have been very successful in securing upgrades to my Facilities, all are Maxed out with exception to Youth Recruitment which is Established. Although my Training Facilities did face a downgrade due to Technology and the board have accepted my suggestion that we upgrade them. I added Develop Young Players to my philosophies and the board has quoted that philosophy back to me when I have run the upgrades, so it must have some impact.

That is an impressive transfer windfall! I think I saw in some of your earlier posts a breakdown of some of the players you let go, but an average of 100Mil a season. That's some money.

Jimbo I have yet to have a World-Class potential come through my youth academy. Although I would certainly be tempted to consider Luca Rattini World-Class even if my scouts disagree, the other Central Midfielder that came through in Rattini's class, Antonio Gesualdi (Italian) was recently signed on a transfer by Barcelona so he would be close to World Class also.

Oh I have quite a few that I would consider World Class but aren't, and strangely some that are, I wouldn't at all. The 16 that I mentioned are classed as World Class only because my Ass Man, (Nigel De Jong), says so.

I am surprised that your facilities are only at that level, you must have got unlucky with your Board. Have you been subject to a takeover at any point?

We were taken over by a Finnish consortium in 2028.

They have been decent, (as have the previous board), but it has become slow going. Even now after all this time I am still unable to select my own feeder team. I just don't understand it really.

I can't really complain about the facilities as I am doing ok with what we have and you never miss what you have never had as they say.

That is an impressive transfer windfall! I think I saw in some of your earlier posts a breakdown of some of the players you let go, but an average of 100Mil a season. That's some money.

It's only an average over the last 3 seasons. It hasn't been anything like that at all until recently.

We were taken over by a Finnish consortium in 2028.

They have been decent, (as have the previous board), but it has become slow going. Even now after all this time I am still unable to select my own feeder team. I just don't understand it really.

I can't really complain about the facilities as I am doing ok with what we have and you never miss what you have never had as they say.

Man what a difference the Board can make. The original president was super good to me and the new guy has been as well. I have requested about 5-6 feeder teams for various reasons and the Board has let me choose the team each time. Neither of them has really fought me on upgrades either, but it probably helps that I try to keep the club coffers quite healthy (although nothing on your 300Mil).

Given all your success I am certainly surprised the board don't just let you do whatever you want.

I am also having issues getting my facilities up but I haven't had a take over or anything of the sort. It has been much slower for me than in FM13, but I don't mind that. I have nothad any focus on the national side really until recently as I got my first few international wins.

Season 2019-20 Matchday 20

We are struggling badly. We only picked up 7 points from our last 10 matches and sit in 17th, but equal on points to be in the relegation zone. We have played really well against the good sides, narrowly losing 2-1 to the likes of Napoli, Roma, etc. but we get hammered 5-1 by Modena. Really Bizarre, but needless to say, we are in serious trouble. I have no choice but to stick with the side as I have opted for a very thing budget and have no wiggle room despite the fairly large transfer kitty (I know I could trade off the budget for wages, but won't). Let's see if we can stay up?!

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Inter      |       | 20    | 16    | 0     | 4     | 48    | 20    | +28   | 48    | 
| 2nd   |       | Juventus   |       | 20    | 14    | 4     | 2     | 34    | 7     | +27   | 46    | 
| 3rd   |       | Roma       |       | 20    | 14    | 4     | 2     | 39    | 14    | +25   | 46    | 
| 4th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 20    | 12    | 4     | 4     | 41    | 19    | +22   | 40    | 
| 5th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 20    | 12    | 2     | 6     | 39    | 27    | +12   | 38    | 
| 6th   |       | Torino     |       | 20    | 10    | 6     | 4     | 43    | 32    | +11   | 36    | 
| 7th   |       | Cagliari   |       | 20    | 11    | 2     | 7     | 30    | 24    | +6    | 35    | 
| 8th   |       | Udinese    |       | 20    | 8     | 6     | 6     | 32    | 27    | +5    | 30    | 
| 9th   |       | Palermo    |       | 20    | 8     | 4     | 8     | 33    | 31    | +2    | 28    | 
| 10th  |       | Empoli     |       | 20    | 8     | 2     | 10    | 33    | 30    | +3    | 26    | 
| 11th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 20    | 6     | 7     | 7     | 29    | 28    | +1    | 25    | 
| 12th  |       | Napoli     |       | 20    | 6     | 5     | 9     | 34    | 29    | +5    | 23    | 
| 13th  |       | Lazio      |       | 20    | 6     | 5     | 9     | 17    | 27    | -10   | 23    | 
| 14th  |       | Pescara    |       | 20    | 6     | 4     | 10    | 24    | 37    | -13   | 22    | 
| 15th  |       | Bologna    |       | 20    | 6     | 3     | 11    | 24    | 37    | -13   | 21    | 
| 16th  |       | Parma      |       | 20    | 5     | 3     | 12    | 21    | 35    | -14   | 18    | 
| 17th  |       | San Marino |       | 20    | 5     | 2     | 13    | 24    | 46    | -22   | 17    | 
| 18th  |       | Cesena     |       | 20    | 4     | 5     | 11    | 29    | 46    | -17   | 17    | 
| 19th  |       | Modena     |       | 20    | 4     | 2     | 14    | 22    | 59    | -37   | 14    | 
| 20th  |       | Chievo     |       | 20    | 2     | 4     | 14    | 16    | 37    | -21   | 10    | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

After a decent run despite some injuries, we took on Arsenal at home in the Euro Cup. We dominated completely, much to my surprise & ran out 3-1 winners. In between the 2 legs, I went away to Udinese. I rested all 11 first teamers, and fielded a side with 8 teenagers and 6 HG players. Bianchi scored a brace as we somehow ran out 5-1 winners! The 2nd leg came after this and despite not managing a single shot and being outclassed we stole a 0-0 draw and progressed against the odds! Next we face Hamburg & we've also regained top spot after our 27th league game. I think the confidence must be unbreakable here, as we're winning games when we are by far the inferior side or making multiple changes.

I'm a fortnight from youth intake day, I'm hoping I can cap this incredible season with a good day courtesy of my new Sammarinese HoYD.

Congrats on the Euro Cup success Coady. Impressive result, I will freely admit I am a football novice, had no interest in the sport in general until I played FM14. But I would think Arsenal would be viewed as a tougher team than Hamburg, so you have to be pleased about the draw you got.

It's also nice when you play a bunch of bench players and they achieve a solid result, especially against a top tier team like Udinese.

Sounds like you have a real scrap on your hands Leon. I guess the good news is that there are plenty of teams that are hovering within range of your points tally and you still have almost half a season to go. So just a few good results and you should be able to win the fight to avoid Relegation. No doubt it will be hard without your Main Striker for two months, I know if I lost Papadinas for any extended period of time it would really hurt.

If you are still in trouble closer to the end of the season you may have to tweak your wage budget and open the purse strings in the January window (if it has not already passed).

Poor run of form.

We are in Feb 2036 now so obviously I have been playing this save for quite a while. In all that time I have never experienced a run of form where we performed significantly below expectations. Yes we got hammered our whole 1st season in Serie B, but that wasn't far off expectations. Other than that, I don't think that in all my time as manager we have had 2 consecutive losses or even 2 particularly poor consecutive performances where we somehow managed to win or draw one. We have always managed to bounce back again immediately.

Last night it all went spectacularly wrong however. We were 2nd in the league, (albeit with games in hand), and we were unbeaten in the league all season, (20 games), and had only lost 1 game at all, (I played the kids/Reserves against Porto in the group stage of the Champions League and we lost narrowly but deservedly 2-1). It wasn't a bad performance. I just went with too weak a team and Porto did well and won.

Our recent run of games however reads as this.....

24th Jan 2026. Italian Cup Qtr Final. (A) to Juve. Won 10-9 on pens after the game finished 1-1 aet while we had a player sent off just before the hour mark.

Sun 27th Jan 2026. Serie B. (A) to Palermo who are just outside the relegation zone. Lost 2-0. This was a close game where they took an early lead and despite dominating the game we couldn't level and they sealed the deal with a 2nd in injury time. We had a strict ref in this game and our aggressive tactics backfired as he booked 12 players, (7 of them ours), and we had a player sent off before the hour mark for a 2nd successive game. I don't have an issue with this result at all.

Wed 30th Jan 2026. Serie B. (H) to Genoa who are also just outside the relegation zone. Won 5-1. We bounced back as expected and demolished them after again falling behind to an early goal. It was what I would call a typical performace by us, (with the exception of conceding), although we are nowhere near as good defensively as we were a couple of seasons ago.

Sat 2nd Feb 2036. Serie B. (A) to Lazio who are in one of the EURO places. Lost 1-0. We hammered them and still somehow lost. We had 11 shots on target and the GK saved them on. What I notice about this game now in hindsight, is that we conceded 15 free-kicks to their 3, and also had 2 players subbed off due to green injuries. Again, while I don't like the result, the performance itself was pretty reasonable, (if not good), and I suppose you just have to suck it up and take it on the chin.

Even at this stage I wasn't overly bothered. We had just had some dodgy results, but the performances were decent and you also have to take into account that we had a player sent off in 2 games.

Tue 5th Feb 2026. Italian Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg. (H) to Napoli who are defending Serie A Champions and a real force. Lost 1-0. Now we lost this 1-0, but we actually dominated the game but just didn't take our chances. After having noticed the number of fouls we gave away against Lazio, I also note that we conceded 22 free-kicks to their 7, and as a result had another 6 players booked, (to their 1), but this time managed to keep 11 players on the pitch. Again, not a bad performance, but a poor result and of course it adds to the already poor morale after a few losses in a row. Again though, I don't have any issues with this particular result, (especially now that I notice the number of free-kicks we conceded). We still have the 2nd leg anyway and a 2-1 away win for example would see us progress so we are far from out of it.

Sat 9th Feb 2036. Serie A. (A) to Inter who are another team occupying a EURO Cup place. Lost 1-0. Our 3rd successive 1-0 loss and our 4th loss in 5, (we scored in none of the losses). This is HIGHLY unusual. The only example of us failing to score in 2 consecutive games that I can find, (2 0-0 draws), is going back to the 32/33 season when I was on a mission to see how few goals we could could concede so was obviously set up defensively. Again we conceded 23 fouls to their 14, and this is obviously having an impact and something I need to look at. We are obviously missing our AMC Volpinari (SMR) (2029) who has been injured, but he is almost back, although not in time for the 2nd leg of the Cup against Napoli.

Our up-coming fixtures are.....

Tue 12th Feb. Italian Cup Semi-Final 2nd leg. (A) to Napoli.

Tue 19th Feb. Champions League 1st Knockout Rnd Leg 1. (A) to Lyon.

Tue 26th Feb. Serie A. (H) to Torino who are currently mid-table.

If I can't reverse this slump by the Torino game, then our season could be all but over. I have a feeling that I have sold too many of my best players and now I'm paying the price. :o

[Edit]

Well we drew 1-1 against Napoli, (so we are out of the Cup).

But we beat Lyon 2-1 away in the Champions League so I am hopeful that we've turned the corner now.

With any luck it will be business as usual against Torina and we will smash in a few goals to lift our spirits.

Leon

You should only really be one experienced leader away from easy safety. A couple of midweek reserve games to boost confidence and you'll be fine. I did the same with Thiago Motta, Xabi Alonso & Yaya Toure 3 years in a row. All from free agents.

Jim

I wouldn't really worry to be honest, it will only make those players better when they eventually improve & develop for having the game time.

On another note, I also just beat Hamburg in the last 16 on away goals. Thanks to a 120th minute goal.

After the disappointment of last year, this season's youth intake was far kinder to my national team. Here are the highlights of this intake:-

Marco Muccioli - A Sammarinese striker with top class potential. His international career has got off to a flyer!

Giuseppe Borrello - A young Italian midfielder with the talent to be a good squad player, if nothing more spectacular.

In addition, here is the promised development update of all my best HG talents.

Bianchi (2014) - Stats not improving greatly now, but he is playing quite well.

Morri (2016) - Becoming a class act, very close to taking the 2nd CB slot at club level too.

Albani (2017) - Deadly in his few games this year, still rejecting San Marino though.

S.Muccioli (2017) - Now 5'10'', looks like we've lost this lad to Italy for good already.

Belli (2017) - Talented young Italian, overtaking Bianchi in both form and ability on this season's showing.

Iacoviello (2017) - Doesn't really fit in my systems, got big potential though.

Renzi (2018) - Nothing special, but is progressing ok considering injuries sustained during the season. Delighted he finally accepted the international call up.

Finally, despite both my fear & rotation, we are still top of the league with 6 games to go! We have 2nd place Napoli at home on the final day of the season. Our reward for reaching the 1/4 final of the Euro Cup was a 4-1 thrashing at Schalke, which looks impossible to overturn. Champions league football is all but guaranteed for next season, however.

NT Update. Without playing a game we have risen to a record high of 28th in the World rankings.

That's excellent, hopefully you have a good Euro's and break into the top 20 perhaps?

you have some outrageous SM players coady. i'm really worried about my intakes now, i haven't had a good SM prospect in three or four years who wasn't a right or left back

I agree with you on that, but I don't have any balance yet. Some will obviously not play for us, but in other positions we just need more average players to come through and fill out the squad a bit. At present it's 3 exceptional talents mixed with 5 or 6 really poor players. I think the talent comes from quick development of facilities. The new consortium has upgraded us to Top training, Great youth (development on the way) & Established youth recruitment. I also have an excellent Sammarinese HoYD, which is surely helping. Hopefully you'll get some balance soon too!

Coady.

Bianch (2014) is excellent for any time of the save. For 2014 he is out of this World.

Morri (2016) is just what I need. I have one better than him, but he has dual Nationality and I will probably lose him to Italy. :(

Albani (2017) is good, especially for that early in the save, but I see him and wonder if I could convert him to an AMC as you already have options there.

Muccioli (2017) is good, but as I have mentioned before he has height/jumping issues which are not going to go away. There might be a chance of Italy not selecting him at senior level so keep trying with him. If I had produced that youngster I would have converted him into a DR.

Belli (2017) is screaming out to be converted into an AMR for me. That way he also might not be good enough for Italy.

Renzi (2018) looks a little light physically, but again for that early in the save he is excellent. He should develop nicely.

Marco Muccioli has some lovely mental stats, but he looks like either an AMC or a AMR to me. Amazing dribbling attribute though.

Haven't bothered to comment on the dirty Italians. ;)

[Edit]

My 2036 youth intake is fast approaching. I will post up every single with an overview and some reports to try and let you gauge what level I'm producing now.

Wow you guys have all come along way! I have not produced a decent SM player as yet, and have only just recently cracked the to 200 on a regular basis (consecutive rankings). I am hoping being in Serie A will finally get me some traction.

I only got through a few games tonight. I finally picked up a win against 13th places Pescara to break my run of 5 games, but then lost 2-1 to Empoli while Cesena won their game to put me back into relegation. I think there was also a draw in there but I can't remember as I am about to head to bed.

I have no plans tomorrow night (yet), so I really hope I can get through a good 10 or so games as this season has been a little slow for me due to other commitments.

With one game to go, just look at the league table and final fixture! I'm delighted with this position considering our wage bill is 5th lowest in the entire league!

This was the game, see the report for San Marino v Napoli. I didn't want to spoil it!

Two days after the Napoli game, we received this fantastic message. It should help me take this career on & sustain Champions league level for years to come.

Coady.

Bianch (2014) is excellent for any time of the save. For 2014 he is out of this World.

Morri (2016) is just what I need. I have one better than him, but he has dual Nationality and I will probably lose him to Italy. :(

Albani (2017) is good, especially for that early in the save, but I see him and wonder if I could convert him to an AMC as you already have options there.

Muccioli (2017) is good, but as I have mentioned before he has height/jumping issues which are not going to go away. There might be a chance of Italy not selecting him at senior level so keep trying with him. If I had produced that youngster I would have converted him into a DR.

Belli (2017) is screaming out to be converted into an AMR for me. That way he also might not be good enough for Italy.

Renzi (2018) looks a little light physically, but again for that early in the save he is excellent. He should develop nicely.

Marco Muccioli has some lovely mental stats, but he looks like either an AMC or a AMR to me. Amazing dribbling attribute though.

Haven't bothered to comment on the dirty Italians. ;)

My 2036 youth intake is fast approaching. I will post up every single with an overview and some reports to try and let you gauge what level I'm producing now.

Regarding a couple of your points. Albani is being trained as an inside forward on left, as I don't use an AMC. S.Muccioli is being trained at DM (anchor) too, as I'm trying to take a tiny bit of their potential away for NT hopes. Marco Muccioli has been deadly in the advanced forward role, so I will allow him to get on with it for now. Belli is only Italian I'm afraid, but yes he is playing AMR for me. Renzi is just what I need more of, solid all-round players who can increase depth of team. Morri is just unbelievable & Bianchi is reliable! My youth facilities are now Excellent, this new consortium is putting so much money in to the club!

Would be good to see actually. I'd be interested to know if you get better depth with your intake, or just the odd star and lots of rubbish like me.

2023/2024 Season

As our team is improving through the acquisition of some quality players the bookies are reflecting those changes in the odds, offering 20-1 for our side this season which is the best odds I have got in my FM14 career and hopefully it only gets better. I brought in some more help and another striker to pair with Papadinas, Morten Mogenson and the team gelled extremely well over the season. Our team was an offensive machine, with Papadinas the leading Serie A goalscorer on 28 leading the line and Mogenson the 3rd highest with 21 goals, Russell Carroll our American Advanced Playmaker having the highest number of assists in the season of 21. See Table below.

If you are interested in the stats of these three players, you can check them out below.

- Thanasis Papadinas

- Morten Mogenson

- Russell Carroll

As a result of Papadinas' success he is getting some interest from some pretty sizable clubs, and thankfully the Board trusts me enough to deal with Transfers without interfering. The money offered was pretty decent, but there was absolutely no way I was selling Papadinas, I was entertaining the idea and then try to find a new Striker comparable, but I don't know if that can be done. Even if it could it would cost me just as much as I would get from selling Papadinas. So I rejected all offers for him.

Obviously I am extremely pleased with how the team has performed over the course of the season rising from 10th the previous season all the way to 3rd, and within close reach of Inter who were a mere 3 points above me. Because of our 3rd place finish we are also bringing Champions League Football to San Marino, that will certainly be an interesting experience.

Serie A

Past Positions

Table

Squad

- I was very pleased with the Youth Intake, top and fourth rated recruits are both Sanmarinese with no dual nationality which is excellent. What makes it better is the top rated recruit comes with a Professional personality which is one of my favourites.

- Federico Micheloni was the top rated recruit with an excellent personality and will be tutored by Russell Carroll who is a Model Professional to hopefully pass that personality on. The formation I have been using to good success recently doesn't play with a DM, so Micheloni will likely be played in the CM position as either a BBM or DLP. Or when the time comes I may decide to change my tactics to suit his skill set, currently undecided as my Tactic has really helped get me this far and am not likely to tinker until it stops working.

- Matteo Valli is the fourth rated recruit and is also a CM/DM, although this time a natural at CM. He is unlikely to be of enough quality to make it into my first team club side but will certainly be a useful addition to the NT.

- Added a decent amount of depth to the NT pool from this intake also as you can note, although a lot this year came with Dual Nationalities. I don't expect it will pose any problems should any warrant a call-up though.

National Team Update

The National Team is slowly starting to build and improve in quality which is good to see, with each intake we are improving. I am pretty comfortable with most positions on my squad now, still the position I am holding out for is a good Striker. Although I did notice this year that Federico Ceccoli is capable of playing in the Striker role, Woops. Ceccoli is actually quite a good player, and he has improved rapidly considering when he came through the youth intake he was rated 1.5* potential and wasn't worth tagging for ability alone. I signed him mainly because he had exceptional stats for someone so low and I figured he could immediately add to my NT.

Ceccoli at 2021 Youth Intake

Ceccoli in 2026

The National Team also managed to climb the world rankings up to 167th, which is nice to see although we are still along way from any kind of relevance, but with each passing year the team gets a little better.

Daymor. Wow. :eek:

That's the first skin I have seen that shows the Media Handling style. Brilliant stuff. :applause:

I see that Micheloni and Testori both have 4.0 PA stars, but you don't say what that equates to. Is 4.0 PA rated a leading Serie A player, a star Serie A player or a World Class player? (Looking at my squad for example, a 4.0 PA player in my squad ranges between star Serie A player and World Class player. A 4.5 PA player is always World Class).

In terms of you producing professional youth players, that will be down to your HoYD. He influences the personality type of the players that come through.

Ceccoli looked decent at the start, (just issues with his physicality), but you have developed him really well and I would maybe now just try to concentrate on some technical attributes.

You are running Juve and Inter close. Some solidity at the back and I'm sure you romp past both of them.

Looking good. :thup:

Daymor

That's a great season & intake for you. Your striker is ridiculous and far better than any of my players that won me the league. I'm jealous, my NT is crying out for a good DM like Micheloni! I think you'll be winning the league very soon at this rate.

The reward for overachievement and trophies was a chance to change my philosophy (which was also influenced by Barcelona). After winning the league and getting a new stadium I chose to keep my expectations down to (Euro Cup Finish) and foucs on development of HG players and a low budget season to keep our facilities improving.

Unfortunately, a star player soon complained. Last season's £3.9m signing Bruno Fernandes wanted a new contract way beyond the £36,000 my current top earners receive. Luckily, he is not HG or with deep connection to the club, so I happily snapped up the £40m+ add-ons Barcelona offered just 1 year later. Here is my uneventful transfer window in full.

As you can see we let sub striker Cerri leave on loan with a whole host of Sammarinese youngsters. We also didn't replace the loan signing Shevchuk & Crowley for last year. Meaning all except 4 players outside of our first 11 are HG youngsters. Although this will leave us weaker this season, it allows the NT to hopefully develop quicker and profit from young players getting game time at this level. We can also still sneak a top 6 finish too, if we keep most players fit.

Also, in a reverse result from last season, we lost the Super Cup Final 1-0 to Juventus in our first fixture of the season.

Finally, the 2022 World Cup Qualifying Draw took place. We are in a mixed Group 8. Spain are out of sight & the same probably applies to Austria & Denmark. However, if we get 1 or 2 more good players in our next Intake and other develop well this season, I really believe we have a chance to finish above one of the other 2 teams.

So I have just progressed past the Mar 2036 Youth Day as I call it.

This was the screen that initially greeted me. It contains all the info I deem important.

Name.

Best position.

Positions.

Nationality.

Height.

Age.

Best role.

CA.

PA.

2nd nationality.

Personality.

Obviously PA stars is what jumps out at me, together with Nationality, 2nd Nationality and Best position.

Valentini (SMR/ITA) (2036) is the highest rated by PA with 4.5 stars. He is valued at £2,6M after signing his initial Youth contract.

His coach report suggests that he has the potential to be World Class, but of course he has DN and if I'm honest I'm not overly keen. He's very much a wide midfielder rather than a proper winger, and it's a bit of a waste freally. Anyway, I'm sure he will choose Italy anyway so who cares. What I have done, (to try and stunt his growth just a little bit), is immediately get him to train a new position, (AMR), and I would usually also tutor him to a better personality too, but as he is already Resolute I think I will leave it as is.

Costabile (SMR) is the next highest rated by PA at 2.5 stars. He is valued at £875,000 after signing his initial Youth contract.

His coach report suggests that he has the potential to be a leading Serie A player. He doesn't look great at the moment and 2.5 stars sounds rubbish, but leading Serie A is very good and my initial thinking is to retrain him to cover both AMC and AML positions. He is Fairly Determined, (which I am not keen on), so I will be look at changing that. Model Pro/Resolute are what I prefer.

Interestingly, you can see his initial coach report before he signs his Youth contract, (from NdJ) says that he has 2.5 PA stars and could become a leading Serie A player.

Once he has signed his contract however, the same staff member, (NdJ), now says that he has 3.5 PA stars, (so that's a full 1.0 star jump), and he could become a star Serie A player. Interestingly, this hasn't changed his valuation at all. He is still valued at £875k.

Just for the record, NdJ is pretty decent. His JPA attribute is 20 and his JPP attribute is slightly lower at 16.

Marco (SMR) is the other player with a PA at 2.5 stars. He is valued at £1.8M after signing his initial Youth contract.

His coach report also suggets that he had the potential to be a leading Serie A player. He looks much better than Costible to me and again, although 2.5 stars sounds pants, leading Serie A sounds much better. He is a natutral at MC but also has some ability at MR and AMC. I don't see him as a MR, but I could deffo see him covering both MC and AMC. He has a balanced personality, (I really don't like that), so will be tutoring him, bit he does have a couple of decent ppm's.

I have just done the above bit about Costabile and what made me look at him was the fact that Marco, (who was initially given the same PA rating as him, was valued significantly higher.

Marco is a year older and has better CA star ratings, but now is 0.5 PA stars lower than Costible, (because he improved by 0.5 PA stars himself). I have never really looked at this before, (because it doesn't really matter).

Antonino is the next best rated by PA with 2.0 stars. He is valued at £875,000 after signing his initial Youth contract.

His coach report suggests that he has the potential to be a good Serie A striker. This sounds ok, but as he is not (SMR) I just don't care. I will be tutoring him to make sure that he develops to his potential and I wil, be signing him to as long a contract as possible, (should be 5 years + 3 year option), and then selling him before that initial pro contract expires. He will never play for the club side and will just be sold for profit.

Francioni (SMR/ITA) is rated by PA at 1.5 stars. He is valued at £425,000 after signing his initial Youth contract.

His coach report suggests that he has the potential to be a leading Serie B player. This probably isn't good enough for me to be interested in him for the NT, (I've hot some belters), but there is no way that I will be discarding him either.

I'm going to ignore the Italian GK. I will still be signing him to a long congtract and then just selling hum before it expires.

Matt Zonzini is rated by PA at 1.0 stars. He is valued at £170,000 after signing his initial youth contract.

His coach report suggests that he has the potential to be a good Serie B player. Again, this probabaly suggests that he isn't going to be good enough to play for either the club or NT, but I certainly won't be discarding him. At the very least, players like him make an impact on the U21's as they move though and I would love the U21 NT to qualify for a tournament finals, (don't even get be started on the Olympics).

When I go down to the next (SMR) player, (Ugolini), and look at his coach report, the PA part of it is what I call "unregistered". It just states that he has the potential to improve a lot in the future. Again, I will still be signing him, but I haven't even bothered with pics.

I would say that this season was fairly typical of recent seasons, where I have 1 excellent player and a number of other reasonable players. I have had better results than this, but any 4.5 stars for PA is always good. It's just such a shame that he has DN.

Jimbo yeah I do like to just check what a players Media Profile is as that can also tell you a lot of information about how they may handle certain situations. Certain profiles I really dislike, Confrontational, Volatile etc are players I try to keep tabs on because I know at some point they could potentially be trouble.

Micheloni was rated as having World Class potential at DM, but my staff appear split with half saying WC, half saying Star Serie A. But I will claim the WC! My first!

Testori was rated as being Star Serie A, none of the handful of staff I checked thought otherwise.

For a bit of fun I did grab some scout reports on some of the leading players in my scouting range to see how many were World Class, and my staff appear to be quite brutal with their ratings as only about 5 of the 20 people I scouted with 4.5 current ability were marked as World Class.

That's certainly not a bad intake, although it is likely that your star recruit will likely sign up to play with Italy which is a shame. Always a bit of a downer when you see 4.5* potential and then realise he has DN. Marco and Costabile should be servicable though, certainly of the quality to contribute to the National Team although you are certainly more advanced than me and would have a far deeper pool. I imagine they can at least contribute in a few years time to the first team even if only as back-ups.

I have been tempted to relieve my U21's NT manager of his position and take up the mantle myself. But I might wait a few more years so I have enough quality depth to field a relatively strong Top Squad and U21's squad.

Coady I was super lucky to get Papadinas, I can't remember how I found him, I think it was likely through an approach from his Agent. Or he could have been discovered by a scout of mine, I really cannot remember. In any case I wouldn't turn back the time for anything. He is still improving although a bit more slowly now, but he is head and shoulders above any other player on my team. He also seems to make the Striker playing opposite him play better also. Whenever I play a game without Papadinas my attack just isn't as strong.

Like you I always low-ball my expectations to the Board and even when offered the opportunity to increase it due to form I stick with what I have. I prefer the job security over more money, especially considering I am not near by budget and don't spend that heavy on transfers.

Adding the develop youth philosophy really helped me, so I hope it helps you request the necessary upgrades etc from the Board as well. From memory you have been one of the lucky ones who have been able to steadily upgrade your club's facilities anyway. So it shouldn't take long before you are maxed on both if you aren't already.

Nice profit on Bruno Fernandes as well, damn! To turn 3.9Mil into 40Mil+ in one year is pretty crazy, the guy must have had one hell of a season!

You do have quite a tough WC group, I wouldn't think you could make it out, but I think there is the very real possibility of picking up a win or two against Kazakstan and Iceland. But maybe your NT already has the quality to put up a challenge against some of the bigger nations in the group. Either way, best of luck and see if you can score an upset or two.

Season 2019-20 Matchday 32

I was slightly behind in updating, but nonetheless, here it is. We didn't have a great run between our quarter season mark, and I was hoping we may turn the tide coming into the second half of the season. We managed 10 points in 12 games, which is below what I was hoping, and currently, it has us equal on 27 points with 18th placed Chievo. We had a couple of big results, like a win over Chievo to get us out of the relegation zone a few games a go. We now also have our key striker back, and the team is starting to put in much better performances, with narrow losses rather than demolitions.

We have a decent final 6 games in the run in with Modena and Cesena teams we need to get results against to stay up. If we can win these two matches, we should be able to beat relegation.

| 1st   | EC    | Inter      |       | 32    | 25    | 2     | 5     | 80    | 31    | +49   | 77    | 
| 2nd   |       | Juventus   |       | 32    | 21    | 7     | 4     | 54    | 14    | +40   | 70    | 
| 3rd   |       | Roma       |       | 32    | 20    | 6     | 6     | 57    | 30    | +27   | 66    | 
| 4th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 32    | 20    | 5     | 7     | 58    | 27    | +31   | 65    | 
| 5th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 32    | 17    | 4     | 11    | 57    | 49    | +8    | 55    | 
| 6th   |       | Torino     |       | 32    | 15    | 8     | 9     | 63    | 48    | +15   | 53    | 
| 7th   |       | Cagliari   |       | 32    | 15    | 5     | 12    | 50    | 48    | +2    | 50    | 
| 8th   |       | Udinese    |       | 32    | 14    | 7     | 11    | 48    | 39    | +9    | 49    | 
| 9th   |       | Empoli     |       | 32    | 13    | 5     | 14    | 59    | 54    | +5    | 44    | 
| 10th  |       | Palermo    |       | 32    | 12    | 8     | 12    | 54    | 46    | +8    | 44    | 
| 11th  |       | Lazio      |       | 32    | 12    | 8     | 12    | 36    | 42    | -6    | 44    | 
| 12th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 32    | 11    | 11    | 10    | 47    | 43    | +4    | 44    | 
| 13th  |       | Napoli     |       | 32    | 11    | 8     | 13    | 56    | 50    | +6    | 41    | 
| 14th  |       | Parma      |       | 32    | 10    | 6     | 16    | 41    | 49    | -8    | 36    | 
| 15th  |       | Pescara    |       | 32    | 9     | 9     | 14    | 45    | 56    | -11   | 36    | 
| 16th  |       | Bologna    |       | 32    | 9     | 5     | 18    | 38    | 54    | -16   | 32    | 
| [b]17th  |       | San Marino |       | 32    | 8     | 3     | 21    | 42    | 79    | -37   | 27  [/b]  | 
| 18th  |       | Chievo     |       | 32    | 7     | 6     | 19    | 36    | 62    | -26   | 27    | 
| 19th  |       | Cesena     |       | 32    | 5     | 6     | 21    | 39    | 78    | -39   | 21    | 
| 20th  |       | Modena     |       | 32    | 4     | 5     | 23    | 29    | 90    | -61   | 17    | 

Season 2019-20 Youth Intake

Here are the top prospects currently sitting in our youth squad after the latest match day. Fantastic news with Berardi being a 4.5 star potential player, and only with SMR nationality. Bindi has dual, and though currently declining me, I am sure we can snare him down the line as he ages. It is not key to get him in the team right now anyway, as the squad is still very poor.

Here is the current youth squad including our best intakes form 2019-20

Here is Berardi

Here is Bindi

Keep us posted your progress Leon, looks like it's a real scrap to avoid relegation. At least you do have some upcoming matches against other teams fighting it out to avoid relegation, it could be a lot harder if you happened to have Juve etc at the back end of the season. Having your top Striker back should certainly help.

That is a quality youth intake man, congrats! Top two players being eligible for SMR even though one is Dual Nationality, then some nice NT depth in Manzaroli , Lonfernini and Ugolini. Even the 2* potential players could really add to your NT depth. I would be very happy with a Youth Intake like that. Since it's your first season in Serie A I would be interested to know what your staff make of their potential? I imagine 4.5* is likely Star Serie A, 2* is star Serie B, decent/good Serie A?

I wish you the best of luck in your relegation battle and also convincing Bindi to play for SMR, he looks like he has some pretty decent stats.

Hey Daymor, They are both rated good Serie A Players. This is actually my second season in Serie A.

I am trying to sneak in the last few games at work. I will update as I go!

Game 1\6 - Cesena

34th minute - We started out stronger, but took until the 34th minute to break them down, earning a penalty as we peppered their box. Venturi, the scoring goalkeeper, slotted home 1-0 San Marino

45th minute - Draghetti gets a great ball on the right and cuts in to slot home at the near post. 2-0 and San Marino are coasting.

87th minutes - Consolation goal as Cesena take advantage of some slack defense. Perez nets to make it 2-1 but its too late.

Full Time - San Marino win a vital game, however Chievo also pull up trumps and the fight for 17th remains on with both sides on 30 points apiece.

Game 2\6 - Modena (20th)

21 - Ceceravic put us 1-0 down. Not a great start against the cellar-dwellers.

Milan also struck to leave both Chievo and us on 30 points after 20 minutes of football.

28 - Beautiful Freekick from Carraro to level proceedings only a few minutes after going down 1-0. Snuck it in the left post from just outside the box.

37 - We had a good period of ball possession and eventually Modena slipped up in their line. A ball was threaded through for Morra to pluck and tap past the keeper. Goal, and 2-1 to give us an important lead.

In the other game, Chievo just leveled 1-1 with Milan, reducing our lead in 17th to just 2 points.

78 - Jakubiak registers our third as he heads in from close range.

A Chievo own goal and Milagres shot put Milan 3-1 after 65 minutes. Our lead in 17th is back to 3 points.

82 - another set piece as Zapata strikes making it two headed goals and a 4-1 lead!

87 - Set pieces are our thing today as Carraro finishes a sublime strike from the central part of the park. GOAAAAAL!! 5-1 and a huge confidence boost.

Full Time - A huge win for us, and a very important loss for Chievo, as we now break away by 3 points with 4 games to go.

Game 3\6 - Roma (3rd)

2nd minute - GOAAAAAL! San Marino surprise Roma with a quick goal from Simon from the kick off.

19th minute - Our quick start didn't last long as Florenzi broke our defensive line to slot home an easy equaliser.

42nd minute - We slacked off as half time approached. I could see the tired legs and it was painful to see the heads drop when Roma's Lopes inched the ball passed our keeper to make it 2-1 as we went into the break.

Chievo scored to go 1-0 up over a 13th placed Napoli side who we were begging to win.

63rd minute - As we pushed further up, Roma caught us on the counter. We had no choice but to make a rash challenge. Luckily it was met with a yellow. Nonetheless, the Penalty was slotted and Roma were up 3-1.

Napoli did the good deed and leveled on 48 minutes.

Full Time - We lost out 3-1, ending with 10 men and Maini hobbled off injured in the closing stages.

Napoli got a penalty of their own and converted to win 2-1, scoring in the 81st minute. This keeps our 3 point lead over Chievo with just 3 games to go!

Archived