The Sammarinese Challenge.

O wow, getting intense with game by game updates.

I know relegation battles are never fun, but it really adds to the playing experience (imo) when you are either attempting to avoid relegation/get promoted and you open the match results for all the other games to keep tabs on how things are going. Certaintly gets the heart-rate going. 3 games down, 3 to go with a 3pt lead. I reckon you can hang on! Am interested to see who the remaining three teams are you need to play.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is added excitement as I am playing whilst at work :p Keep having to pause and sneak in subs when no one is watching.

Chievo Game 4\6

Chievo Play a day earlier than us and we looked on very eagerly.

28th minute - Cerri struck for Atalanta. A great result for us. Scarppy goal, but it will do as Chievo fall behind 1-0.

40th minute - Surprisingly Chievo were quite dominant in the match, having the better chances, but Atalanta struck on a counter through Sane to make it 2-0!!! We jumped out of our seats (In my head as my boss just walked passed)

84th minute - Atalanta were just controlling the game now, and as Chievo tried to push bodies forward, Sane struck again. Goal! and 3-0 to Atalanta.

Full Time - Chievo lost another match, edging us ever closer. Should they lose their 5th, we will proceed with a better head to head record!

Game 4\6 - Torino (6th)

Chievo lost a day earlier, which took some pressure off. We are one game away from safety with a superior head to head record. But a result would be better just to bring us the knowledge that we beat them on points, rather than by default.

17th minute - Lofty ball in, as Arcos catches and shoots. GOAL! 1-0 up for San Marino! Proving we deserved to stay up in the Serie A!

31st minute - Torino make a good run down our left side and Benedetti can't keep with his man. As he cuts in, Benedetti lunges and takes a chunk out of the player. The clumsy challenge is met with a second yellow, and that equates to a red! 10 men remaining on the field for the last 60 minutes will be tough!

Half Time - We make it to half time quite comfortably 1-0. We have had the better chances against a side looking at European places, which has left me proud.

65th minute - A quite affair until now. We hit the post once which would of stretched our lead, but we lulled on that too long and caught Longo in the box. A soft penalty, but it was given. Longo converts from the spot to make it 1-1. We are starting to tire and Torino start to pick up the pace.

69th minute - Keko caught us with too much space in the area from an early cross. The lack of a proper left back, being held together by Zapata led to some poor man marking and an easy finish as Torino score 2 goals in 4 minutes to take the lead back

81st minute - Our games are never without action, as we kept the fight. As we entered their half, Torino tried a bit too hard to slow us down, and a hardy shirt pull led to Arrigoni being booked for a second offense. Both sides now had 10 men a piece with 10 minute to go!

90+2 - We had a freekick on the edge of the box, and the ball was lifted in rather than taking a shot. It hit the head of Ferrero well, but bounced off the bar! The ensuing rebound landed at our feet and Zimmerman put the ball in the back of the net! 2-2

90+3 - As we run of cheering, we hear a whistle. Full time!... NO - It was a call back for offside! The goal was ruled out. I yelled explitives as the whistle sounded and the game ended 2-1 to Torino. The last kicks of the match was woodwork and a disallowed goal.

Full Time - Controversial end to the match as I cop a warning for speaking my mind after the match. Our season is far from safe as we have Milan to play. 2 games to go...

Game 5\6 - AC Milan (5th)

Probably the most important game of my career to date (which could be superseded by the final match game is Chievo spring a win and we loose). This commentary is coming to you live!

Pre game - We start off with the following line up: Venturi in goals, with a back four of Rondanini replacing the suspended Benedetti, Zapata, Maini and Douglas. Bell and Zimmerman hold the middle, while Morra takes up the attacking advanced role. San Marino have Carraro and Draghetti on the wings, with Arcos the central striker, replacing the injured Jakubiak.

They line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation, looking to play defensive possession football further up the pitch as they play for a draw against the favoured Milan side fighting for Champions League football!

Kick Off - The match kicks off, San Marino to start proceedings as the ref sounds the start of the game![/b]

10 minutes - The match is even, as Milan try to figure out how to approach a very defensive San Marino Side, who are holding the ball quite well, controlling possession early.

15th minute - Clumsy Challenge from Rondanini as he brings down a Milan player at 3 quarter field. no real danger, but breaks up Milan's possession.

24 minutes - San Marino play a long spell with the ball, and use that to their advantage as they break in behind Milan's back 4! Morra beats the last player, rounds the keeper and slots home for a master class goal!! San Marino up 1-0!

31st minute - Milan have a chance as the whip in a low cross. It gets fumbled around, but eventually is cleared by the keeper. A scare as we see 15 minutes left in the half.

45th minute - San Marino once against controlling the ball. Milan sit deeper now to counter act the play and pick up a mistake from the Sammarinese side around the half way line. Henriquez has to go on his own and is forced to hit it long range. Nothing doing ans Ventrui palms away for a corner. Half Time arrives, San Marino are up 1-0 at the break.

Half Time Report - San Marino look solid, but Milan are struggling in their attack 61% possession to the Sammarinese with 8 shots to just the 4 from Milan. Chievo are 2 goals down to Udinese after a quick fire double in 8 minutes, and the news filters in as San Marino decide to keep with their game plan. It will be an interesting second half!

53rd minute - Milan kick off and play with a bit more enthusiasm and it shows as they shoot just over the bar after 8 minutes in the second half. The shot was a signal of intent as they pick up their tempo. M'Villa picks up a yellow for some aggressive play in the build proceeding.

58th minute - The speed of their play forces a mistake from the San Marino midfield and Milan boot it up for a running Henriquez. The San Marino players have their arms aloft, appealing for an offside, but play the whistle as the call doesn't come. Henriquez has too much pace though and beats the keeper and perusing backline. 1-1 and the match is leveled!

65th minute - Milan break freek again, this time rattling the cross bar as a shot is fired at Venturi who was well beaten.

71st minute - Nocerino enters a challenge lazily and draws a yellow as Milan start to tire. The pace was too frantic to hold for 45 minutes.

72nd minute - The first of the subs are made. Jara comes on up front for Arcos, while Yaisien comes on for Draghetti on the right, who looks exhausted.

78th minute - Milan can't handle an overlap from Yaisien, and pull him down just inside the box! Penalty to San Marino! Venturi runs up... But his effort is saved! Scores remain 1-1 with 10 minutes left!

81st minute - Final substitution is made, Di Tacchio coming on for Bell who has been fairly quite all match.

83rd minute Milagres takes advantage of the San Marino side rotating out their subbed players, and intercepts a pass. Caught unawares, he splits the central defenders and rockets past Venturi! 2-1 to Milan! To think just 5 minutes earlier, San Marino could of been 2-1 up had they converted the penalty!

88th minute - San Marino fight back and hit the post. Zimmerman vents his frustration and lashes out, earning a yellow card as the clock ticks down.

Full Time - A dramatic loss as Milan hold on to win a very even game. Chievo remain scoreless as Udinese retain their half time 2-0 lead through to the full 90 minutes. Though not the way we wanted to progress, San Marino are safe! One game to go, and by virtue of head to head record, it is a dead rubber affair. We have stayed up!

Pre Game

It was a sad day as the side came together for the last time this season. The experienced players Guarin, Marchetti and Vidic deciding that it was best time they hung up their boots. Guaring played a key role in the side, being on loan for the season, and would of been welcomed back had he decided to stay on. We will now need to new old heads in the dressing room as we look to keep ourselves in Serie A next season

Game 6\6 - Napoli (11th)

Essentially a dead rubber, but we wanted to go through in the best way possible, so we fielded our strongest side and went out there for the win.

First Half - Not a great half as we conceded 3 goals, Hamsik bagging a double. But we solidified our backline to take it to the break

Full Time - We buckled down and I even gave our young Sammarinese guys a run for the final 30 minutes. Bindi and Berardi loving the experience. We pulled one back through Draghetti, and lost out 3-1 in the end. It was a good fight back, and I was happy with the match.

Chievo drawing 1-1 with Fiorentina means we progress on 33 points. The lowest total since 2016-17 to stay in Serie A, which just shows how poorly we played this season.

Next year we need to improve significantly.

Even though I can't see it, I want to say tough luck on losing a goal to Offside. I get caught by that so often, score a goal and start celebrating only for it to be called back.

Good luck in your final two games.

Thanks Daymor. I was editing the post as I played so it was literally in real time for the Milan game. Hope you were refreshing that page often as it was pretty intense.

A new Stadium holding 21,250 has just been announced. It will be named San Marino Stadium, but for the sake of this story and save, it will be referred to as Calcio Di Stadio Di Titani (Football Stadium of the Titans).

Our youth and training facilities have also been penciled in for further upgrades, making it twice in a season. This is fantastic as we had previously had a lot of trouble getting our facilities upgraded. One would assume that survival has allowed the board to continue with expansion as we have been in the top league for two seasons and we are now making enough to become a stable side in the top tier.

A new Stadium holding 21,250 has just been announced. It will be named San Marino Stadium, but for the sake of this story and save, it will be referred to as Calcio Di Stadio Di Titani (Football Stadium of the Titans).

My stadium was also called the San Marino Stadium. Bit of a shame really. I'm hoping for a better name 2nd time around.

My stadium was also called the San Marino Stadium. Bit of a shame really. I'm hoping for a better name 2nd time around.

Mine is going to have the same name as well, the only difference being that mine is couple of thousand bigger from memory. Still don't fill the 9,187 every week yet despite being champions!

Strange start to the season for me, we've won every home game and lost every away game in all competitions. Three of each in the league, 1 of each in Europe and the Super Cup Final loss of course. We had a stinker with short term injuries in centre midfield, just after selling Bruno Fernandes. Left us with only 2 over 17's available for a few games, including the ageing player/coach Yaya Toure, who got an unexpected run in the side.

Just on the point of new stadiums, while mine was initially 21,250 or 21,500 (or thereabouts), the max expansion level was actually 45,000 which obviously sounds much better and is pretty decent.

[Edit]

ps. I have gone back and put the player values into my Youth Day update after they signed their initial youth contract. (post #422)

getting pissed off with this now.

3 of my best 4 int players retiring from int football at the age of 29, can't even talk to them about it.

MADA.

Has your relationship with them broken down? It seems strange that you can't even ask them to reconsider. I feel your pain.

I've been really lucky with this.

Bianchi (2014) kept trying to retire but I kept asking him to reconsider and he kept agreeing until he was 34. He was still 1st choice AMC when he retired, but the timing was just about perfect because he wasn;t going to be the following season. He finished on 79 Caps because he didn't agree to start playing for us until he was 24yo.

Conti kept trying to retire but I just kept asking him to reconsider and he kept going until he was 34 which was probably a year more than I actually needed. He ended up on 116 Caps, (which is the record). Not bad at all for a player that didn't even come through our Academy. (Thanks Fiorentino). :cool:

Here is a pic of the current National pool sorted by International caps.

Conti is the only player to make a decent impact on the NT who was not produced by our academy.

Bianchi (SMR/ITA) (2014) was the best player to be promoted from our Academy that 1st season and although he was DN, he did eventually agree to play for us and racked up 79 Caps. He is now the club U19 Ass Man.

Visentini (2021) might be coming to the end of his career, but he has done brilliantly for us. 38 goals in 104 appearances is impressive, but for a wide man playing for little San Marino it is absolutely mental!

Amici (SMR/ITA) (2018) shows the problems that we have had at centre-half over the years. Another who is nearing the end of his career, he didn't agree to play for us until he was 21, (after not getting any (ITA) U21 Caps). That Amici was the big man in his partnership with man-marker Conti shows how weak were were at the back for so long. He is soon to be a free agent, so I will be probably offering him a contract at the club to try and keep him playing for as long as possible. 83 Caps and 8 goals from centre-half is still impressive.

Mazza (SMR/ITA) was a DN but luckily he agreed to play for (SMR) straight away. At the age of only 26yo, he has already collected 82 Caps because he was the 1st reasonable (SMR) GK that we produced, and he immediately went into the senior NT as a 16yo. (It took us 10 years to produce one and by that stage we were desperate). Although he is technically 2nd choice according to my coaches, I actually prefer his balance of stats and he is still the #1 #1 ahead of a supposed better player.

Volp (2024) is an amazing player for both club and country who has never received the plaudits he deserved as (RGA) just does not generate the match ratings that bring individual rewards. Despite that, he has been one of the most pivotal players of the save. He currently has 82 caps at the age of 27 and I hope he keeps going on well into the 30's.

Pier (2023) is the Nations top goal-scorer with 45 goals. It seemed unbelievable that he would even get near to 50 INT goals when he was first promoted from the academy. That he has done so in only 79 appearances is fantastic. He is having an absolute nightmare season for the club side this season, and we are struggling as a result, but he is still my 1st choice striker and I just need to help him find his form again.

Luca (2022) actually came on a year before Pier, but he was always second-best I'm afraid. Pier has spent some time on the right flank, but more often than not just one of them plays and the other one comes on as a sub after about an hour. That Luca has scored 33 goals from 74 appearances is again impressive. That so many of his appearances have been from the bench is mind-blowing!

Ragini (SMR/ITA) was our 1st choice left-back for years at NT level. As you can see he is pretty poor, but I managed to get both him and Fabbri on the opposite side performing reasonably enough so that we could at least compete. Full back was a problem for us for a long time obviously, and while Ragini didn't gain any Caps in the 2029/30 season, he has already picked up 5 caps in the 2030/31 season, (so I guess that shows how you can carry players in a decent tactic). He currently has 64 caps and 0 goals. He isn't in the latest squad and I don't expect him to gain many more caps.

Fabbri (SMR/ITA) was the right-back opposite Ragini for years. He really was/is poor, but he was also the best we had for years so he had to play. He hasn't featured for the NT this season, but appeared twice last season in 2032/33, so again it shows how well we have done to qualify with this sort of player often a back-up in the squad. However rubbish he may be, he still earned 44 caps and I was glad to have him.

That at least gives you an idea of what I have had to work with.

good stuff. phew - i managed to persuade them all to rejoin me after losing two qualifiers, thank god for that.

i've also struggled a bit with centre backs, and now i'm in dire need of a decent GK, and a decent second striker.

ciacci, my best every prospect, has 88 goals in 87 internationals...

(still can't work out how to screenshots!)

good stuff. phew - i managed to persuade them all to rejoin me after losing two qualifiers, thank god for that.

i've also struggled a bit with centre backs, and now i'm in dire need of a decent GK, and a decent second striker.

ciacci, my best every prospect, has 88 goals in 87 internationals...

Easiest way is to put you game into windowed mode, then you can use the screenshot button your keyboard, or the snipping tool on Windows 7 computers

Season 2019-20 Review

So as those who were with me yesterday noted, we managed to stay up, despite struggling in our final 6 games. We got the two results we needed and managed to stay up with a game to spare.

The ladder is as follows

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Inter      |       | 38    | 26    | 8     | 4     | 60    | 22    | +38   | 86    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Juventus   |       | 38    | 21    | 9     | 8     | 59    | 31    | +28   | 72    | 
| 3rd   |       | Roma       |       | 38    | 20    | 11    | 7     | 56    | 29    | +27   | 71    | 
| 4th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 38    | 19    | 8     | 11    | 52    | 38    | +14   | 65    | 
| 5th   |       | Udinese    |       | 38    | 19    | 8     | 11    | 55    | 38    | +17   | 65    | 
| 6th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 38    | 17    | 10    | 11    | 52    | 45    | +7    | 61    | 
| 7th   |       | Chievo     |       | 38    | 17    | 9     | 12    | 49    | 38    | +11   | 60    | 
| 8th   |       | Napoli     |       | 38    | 16    | 11    | 11    | 57    | 43    | +14   | 59    | 
| 9th   |       | Palermo    |       | 38    | 18    | 5     | 15    | 40    | 43    | -3    | 59    | 
| 10th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 38    | 16    | 11    | 11    | 54    | 42    | +12   | 59    | 
| 11th  |       | Genoa      |       | 38    | 15    | 11    | 12    | 44    | 42    | +2    | 56    | 
| 12th  |       | Lazio      |       | 38    | 14    | 10    | 14    | 42    | 44    | -2    | 52    | 
| 13th  |       | Cagliari   |       | 38    | 12    | 11    | 15    | 50    | 48    | +2    | 47    | 
| 14th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 38    | 12    | 10    | 16    | 40    | 54    | -14   | 46    | 
| 15th  |       | Torino     |       | 38    | 10    | 13    | 15    | 39    | 51    | -12   | 43    | 
| 16th  |       | Pescara    |       | 38    | 8     | 11    | 19    | 31    | 61    | -30   | 35    | 
| 17th  |       | Bologna    |       | 38    | 10    | 2     | 26    | 38    | 55    | -17   | 32    | 
| 18th  | R     | Sassuolo   |       | 38    | 7     | 10    | 21    | 30    | 50    | -20   | 31    | 
| 19th  | R     | Novara     |       | 38    | 7     | 6     | 25    | 30    | 61    | -31   | 27    | 
| 20th  | R     | Cesena     |       | 38    | 6     | 6     | 26    | 23    | 66    | -43   | 24    | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

We struggled all season to get the ball in the net, but here are the player's stats for the season

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                 | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Giacomo Venturi      | 38      | 4    | 0    | 0    | 93%  | 0.05 | 0.03 | 100% | 0    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Pat Douglas          | 31 (2)  | 0    | 4    | 0    | 82%  | 3.97 | 0.89 | 67%  | 2    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Marco Maini          | 28      | 2    | 0    | 1    | 71%  | 2.77 | 0.29 | 33%  | 2    | 0    | 6.54   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Cristian Zapata      | 40      | 1    | 1    | 1    | 73%  | 4.94 | 0.25 | 40%  | 10   | 0    | 6.68   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Amedeo Benedetti     | 36      | 0    | 2    | 0    | 85%  | 4.58 | 0.52 | 0%   | 6    | 2    | 6.79   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | John Zimmerman       | 38      | 4    | 10   | 2    | 84%  | 3.15 | 2.35 | 37%  | 13   | 0    | 6.97   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Hubert Simon         | 22 (2)  | 3    | 1    | 0    | 85%  | 3.58 | 0.96 | 42%  | 3    | 0    | 6.85   | 
| AMR  | Hol  | Gianluca Draghetti   | 38      | 10   | 10   | 2    | 83%  | 1.34 | 3.17 | 43%  | 4    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| AMC  | Hol  | Niccolò Morra        | 39      | 9    | 12   | 2    | 81%  | 1.58 | 1.69 | 36%  | 5    | 1    | 7.08   | 
| AML  | Hol  | Federico Carraro     | 41 (1)  | 10   | 12   | 5    | 78%  | 1.36 | 3.24 | 45%  | 4    | 0    | 7.02   | 
| STC  | Hol  | Alex Jakubiak        | 22 (1)  | 6    | 3    | 1    | 77%  | 0.72 | 0.52 | 55%  | 0    | 1    | 6.84   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Federico Marchetti   | 4       | 0    | 0    | 0    | 78%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.88   | 
| S2   | Hol  | Vittorio Ferrero     | 2 (5)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 72%  | 5.00 | 0.59 | -    | 2    | 0    | 6.73   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Abdallah Yaisien     | 2 (21)  | 2    | 3    | 0    | 84%  | 0.58 | 2.53 | 46%  | 1    | 0    | 6.95   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Pietro Urso Russo    | 0 (10)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 73%  | 0.69 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.68   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Ivan Rondanini       | 20 (6)  | 2    | 0    | 0    | 79%  | 2.99 | 0.34 | 75%  | 5    | 0    | 6.63   | 
| S6   | Hol  | James Bell           | 18 (11) | 2    | 0    | 0    | 81%  | 3.20 | 0.37 | 29%  | 2    | 0    | 6.66   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Juan Cruz Arcos      | 16 (6)  | 2    | 1    | 0    | 75%  | 0.88 | 0.34 | 55%  | 1    | 0    | 6.50   | 
| S8   | Hol  | Fredy Guarín         | 11 (10) | 3    | 1    | 1    | 90%  | 2.24 | 1.26 | 50%  | 2    | 0    | 6.95   | 
| S9   | Slt  | David Ivan           | 0 (10)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 83%  | 1.09 | 0.55 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.60   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Daniel Jara          | 3 (16)  | 1    | 1    | 0    | 73%  | 0.38 | 0.76 | 57%  | 0    | 0    | 6.70   | 
| S11  | Hol  | Michele Bindi        | 0 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| S12  | Hol  | Luca Veratti         | 0 (5)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 82%  | 0.00 | 0.00 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.70   | 
| -    | Hol  | Nemanja Vidic        | 9 (1)   | 2    | 0    | 0    | 69%  | 2.37 | 0.11 | 43%  | 1    | 1    | 6.39   | 
| -    | Hol  | Francesco Di Tacchio | 2 (3)   | 0    | 1    | 0    | 86%  | 1.01 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.73   | 
| -    |      | Paolo Merenda        | 4 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 71%  | 3.60 | 0.24 | 29%  | 0    | 0    | 6.56   | 
| -    | Hol  | Gabriele Olivieri    | 0 (3)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 86%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | -      | 
| -    | Hol  | Mattia Berardi       | 0 (2)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 82%  | -    | 0.00 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.70   | 
|      |      |                      |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

This is how I do it. I'm sure others will have slightly different ways. Once you have done a few, it's actually really easy.

1. I use a programme called "paint" for most of my pics, but I also occasionally use an app called "snippit tool" if I just want to focus on a particular part of the screen.

2. To actually take the pic I just get FM onto the page that I want and then press "ctrl" & "prt scrn".

3. Then I open up "paint" and simply press "paste" in the top left hand corner. This transfers the image into the paint programme.

4. Now I want to save the pic, so again on "paint" I click "file" in the top left hand corner and then select "save as" from the drop-down menu.

5. In the pop-up box that opens I then create a name for the pic. Usually it's something involving the page title and the in game date.

6. I also have to select what type of file I'm saving the pic as and I use either JPEG or PNG. (I don't actually know what the difference is). I thought it was size, but I don't think that's it. Either seems to work ok.

So now I have taken the pic and I have also saved it. Now I have to upload it to a site that will "host" it so that others can view it. The site I use to "host" pics is photobucket.com, but there are other options that others prefer.

7. Once you have signed up to photobucket and created an account, what I would suggest is creating a folder. You don't want all your pics in just your main account. I create 1 folder for each club season, and then occasionally I create and additional folder when I want to do a NT update or something else. You do this by selecting" + Create new Album", from the options running down the left hand side. You can name it whatever you like, but I would suggest just the San Marino and then the season number afterwards.

8. Once you have created the folder, you click on the icon that says "Drag photo's here to upload". This opens a pop-up page where you can either search for your pics via name, or just scroll through them visually. Clicking on the file you want, and then clicking on "open", will upload it to the folder in your Photobucket account.

9. When you click on the uploaded pic in Photobucket you will see 4 links on the right hand side. If you want to post a pic directly to a thread like this....

CapsMar2036_zps521d4526.png

Then you left click on the link beside IMG and the paste it into the thread (ctrl & v).

If however you want to embed the link so that it can only be viewed if someone clicks on it, then you need to click on the link beside "Direct". Then you need to write the text that you want to link the pic to.

In this case I will just link it to this whole bit. Then you highlight all the text that you want linked, and then left click on the "link" symbol above (to the right of the smileys), press Ctrl + V to get the link into the box, and then press ok.

This activates the link and connects the text with the pic. Now, when you click the above text, it auto-opens the pic in another tab.

That's it in a nutshell. It's actually far more simple than I have suggested. I have just struggled with this myself in the past so I really wanted to break each step down for you because I would love to see some pics of your save.

:D

Well we have just lost in the Qtr Finals of the Champions League after appearing in 4 of the last 5 Finals.

We are in the middle of a really poor run of form that has seen us drop away from the top of Serie A, and the writing was on the wall after Real beat us 3-0 in the first leg. We were much better at home and won 2-0 and went close to an equaliser, but alas it was not to be. I think I might have become a bit complacent with all this winning and our squad was not quite ready to release all the stars. :(

Hard luck on missing out on another Champions League final there Jimbo. In the end though you are focusing a bit more on developing the young SMR players so I don't think it's all bad. Should help strengthen the NT.

MATA wow. That kid is a god. To get an SMR player with no dual nationality (I would have to assume) of that quality and develop that fast is impressive! To have stats like that at 24 years old, you should be able to get some good mileage out of him yet.

Congrats on staying up Leon yeah I was following but was following at work, so I headed home just before you started the 5th game. But glad to see you managed to stay up. Hopefully you can solidify your squad over the offseason and improve in your third season in Serie A.

2024/2025 Season

Behind Papadinas our team is moving from strength to strength and I am slowly starting to integrate more NT candidates from my Academy into the starting team where possible. My facilities are all pretty much maxed out so my players (both youth and top squad) are improving very quickly which is great to see. When Marco Francini came through my youth academy I didn't expect him to develop into an exceptional player and at the age of 23 he very rarely sees improvements in his abilities and my coaching staff indicates he has pretty much reached his potential. He is servicable but far from a star. Marco Giannini has been very good for me at the back as you can see he played the most games for my team and has a solid 7.00 avg over the course of the season which for a D© I am happy with. He currently represents the Italy U21's and I am not sure he will get the call-up to the Italian top squad, so I am hoping someday he will represent SMR.

We managed to finish 2nd in the Serie A which I am very happy with, although Juventus won the league very comfortably with a 20 point buffer over us. They very rarely lost and we still suffered a few defeats and draws to teams which we shouldn't and then losing some close fought games against other top flight teams in the league.

Finishing 3rd last year we qualified for the Champions League which was great, I tried to rotate my squad enough to field my top team for the Champions League games where possible. But that didn't prevent us from failing in the group stages unfortunately, for first timers I though we drew a pretty tough group in Bayern Munich, Manchester United and AS Monaco. We managed to perform above my expectations and crushed Monaco twice and picked up two draws against Bayern and one at home against Man U. For a first season in the Champions League I was very happy.

As a result we got dropped down into the EURO Cup, first up where Shaktar Donetsk. We put them away 5-1 on aggregate behind 3 goals from Papadinas, then got into a real dogfight with Benfica with the series going 6-6 but we snuck through on away goals thanks to a good performance in Portugal. PSV followed and we stole a goal in Holland then held out for a tense 0-0 draw at home to go through again on away goals. In the Semi's we faced Olympique Marseille, away was a goaless draw so I felt good about sealing it at home. But at the end of regulation it was again a 0-0 draw, into extra time we went and Papadinas quickly put one away after the resumption and Marco Giannini scored one from a corner shortly before half time.

In the final we faced another Dutch team in FC Twente, thanks to my main man Papadinas we secured victory and out first piece of European silverware! An excellent campaign and it was all topped off with Papadinas winning the Golden Shoe!

Champions League/EURO Cup

Champions League Group

Champions League Fixtures

EURO Cup Fixtures

EURO Cup Review

Serie A

Past Positions

Table

Squad

- From a purely potential and ability based view, this is easily the best Youth Intake I have ever had the fortune of having! Unfortunately, the bulk of the most talented youngsters were Italians.

- Fabio Sbravati has started off with some excellent stats and is rated as having World Class potential. I will tutor him with Papadinas to try pass on Papadinas' Resolute personality. But this kid is definitely one to watch for the future.

- Luca Beccari is the third good quality GK I have had come through my youth intake and this kid looks like he could be the best of the lot, I really like that he has relatively low Eccentricity. Given that Francini has peaked I think I will be playing this kid in the top tier club team in the near future, I will probably give him some time in the U19's for a year or two.

- Salvatore Papa, Felice Di Stefano and Patrik Costa add strength to my U19's although all three are Italian and only have Star/Leading Serie A potential. But at least my youth team will not want for Strikers anytime soon with 3 good strikers coming through in one intake.

- Davide Censoni has some pretty decent physicals but with Adriano Somma coming through the youth intake a few years prior he will not likely see much game time in the NT. But he will certainly help out the youth teams at both Club and NT level.

- A few more SMR and Dual Nationality players were signed also. But overall, this is an absolutely stellar once in a career type intake. I only wished some or even just one of the Strikers was SMR, the NT still needs a decent one.

National Team Update

Fixtures

Best Eleven

The National Team has started to seriously improve which is excellent to see, we picked up some Friendly wins against Azerbaijan, Estonia and Singapore. More importantly we picked up a draw in the World Cup Qualifiers against Bulgaria and a 4-2 win against Cyprus!

Not terribly surprising but Luca Rattini is my most successful player and really helps provide leadership and guidance on the field from his CM position. The positions in the Best Eleven are a little out as I was playing Ceccoli up top as the Striker, not Zanotti and Matteo Valli was playing as the 2nd CM, I also changed the formation to 3 CM's 2 DC's, but that change is not reflected in the Best Eleven. Reason being I forgot to add the 2024 Youth Intake to the National Pool and hence completely forgot about Federico Micheloni, my WC potential DM from the prior year's intake.

Overall a very good year as we are starting to pick up some good results, this saw our World Ranking climb to 126th in the World by the end of December 2025.

Spain have been made 5-2 favourites to win.

The rest of the main contenders are priced at....

Italy 4-1.

Germany 15-2.

Portugal 9-1.

Holland 11-1.

San Marino have been given odds of 200-1 to with the Championship.

It is suggested that rather than trying to win games, we should just try and keep the final score respectable.

Leon.

Congrats on avoiding relegation. Did you finish 17th? I'm confused because San Marino don't seem to appear anywhere on your list. :confused:

Woah don't know what happened there, I will need to retake an in game print screen to correct that. I am also confused... We did indeed finish 17th, by 2 points if i recall correctly. Just had a long weekend here in Australia and I was away, so will load up my game tomorrow and resolve the disappearing act.

Congrats on staying up Leon yeah I was following but was following at work, so I headed home just before you started the 5th game. But glad to see you managed to stay up. Hopefully you can solidify your squad over the offseason and improve in your third season in Serie A.

Thanks! I was also at work, so the battle plus sneaky game time made it pretty exciting and tense. Hope I can perform better. I picked up a few good players this off season, so I will be aiming for mid table (I hope).

Mata

Wow... he is simply amazing. That talent alone could get you far, I can only imagine how well he would complement a strong squad.

I haven't had much luck recently with facility upgrades but I have just had a request to improve the Training facilities approved.

I'm not sure it's actually going to happen though. :(

My Boardroom Overview screen currently looks like this.

(1). Training Facilities. Planning. Progress bar looks to be about 60%. Started 1/8/2034. Completion 21/10/2037. (So this have been going for almost 2 years and still has another 18 months to go.

(2). Youth Facilities. In Progress. Progress bar looks to be about 40%. Started 1/11/2035. Completion 10/1/2037. (So this has been going for 18 or so months and still has another 8 months to go.

(3). Training Facilities. In Progress. Progress bar is at 0%. Started 25/5/2036. Completion 13/11/2036. (This is the one that I have just requested).

I think the (1). upgrade will never happen. I think it will just stay in the planning stage and then just vanish one day. (This is a bug and I think it equates to planning permission being denied but there being no media commentary line linking it, but whatever the reason, it doesn't work as intended.

I think that (2) & (3) will be built as planned and I will go on from there. At the moment I am unable to Youth Recruitment, and I think the next level might be released after this Youth Facilities upgrade has been built.

[Edit]

The Youth Facilities are currently at average.

The Training Facilities are currently at good.

The Squads have been announced for the European Championship Finals and there were some points of note.

Picking the San Marino squad was fairly straightforward and the only area the caused me some trouble was the back-up left wing position. We actually no longer have one, (at least not good enough to make the preliminary 30 man squad), so it came down between a choice between my son, O'Kav Jr, (who has just had an awful season and been relegated in Belgium), and a utility right-wing/striker with excellent physical stats and not a lot else. I obviously chose O'Kav Jr, (nepotism is alive and well in San Marino), and poor Andrea Casadei had to be satisfied with a few consoling words. I was waiting for there to be a media line or commentary line about be selecting my son when he wasn't deserving of a place, (it's quite obvious), but there was a deathly silence in the media. They commented about the fact that 11 players are based in San Marino, (they ignored all the others we have in the squad but who are out on loan), and commented that none of the squad play their football in San Marino, (why is that a surprise?), but not so much as a question about me selecting my son.

Something else of note was the Italian squad. 5 of them are current San Marino players, (3 of them are products of of our academy too), and one of them also has dual (SMR/ITA) Nationality, but chose to represent Italy. There is another ex San Marino player in the squad, and he is also a product of our academy and again also has dual (SMR/ITA) Nationality. Those 2 players would have made a HUGE difference to us. One is an AMC, (where we only have limited cover), and the other is a phenomenal left winger, Ceccoli (2026), which is obviously the position in the NT where we have least depth, (and by least depth I mean absolutely no depth and I don't think there is anything coming through).

Belgium are cheating. They have selected 3 "grey" GK's in the squad, (of very good quality), despite the fact that there are plenty of Belgian GK's in the game and indeed I have the top 2 Belgian Leagues running. I did report this as a bug what seems like eon's ago, but meh. I think it got lost along the way.

That we have only 3 other San Marino players representing their Nations, (Wales, Greece & Portugal) at the Euro Championship surprises me. I suppose it shouldn't though and this is just as a result of me selling many of our better young players in recent years.

In past years, close season has been a real slog for me as I scoured through scout lists and reports and sent repeat visits, but as I no longer look to really sign anyone, (unless a youngster jumps out at me), it was going to be much quicker and easier. Now though I have the EURO's to contend with. I think I will put up with that slight annoyance.

:lol:

[Edit]

34yo centre-back Amici (SMR/ITA) (2018) has announced he is retiring, (actually he didn't announce anything, I just noticed the RET), and he won't even discuss it with me because I am not hos club Manager. I'm tempted to put in a cheeky bid for him and then see if I can change his mind after he joins. Actually I think he retires before the window opens so that's a no-go. At least he will still be about for the EURO's.

I've had an awful half season this time around, with the winter break just coming in time to save my season and probably my job. I let a few too many of my experienced pros go last season, and my young back-up team has taken time to adapt to elite football with injuries aplenty.

We crashed out of the Champions League rather dismally in the end. We finished 4th and only managed 5 points, preventing Euro Cup football later on in the season. During the winter break, we were 11th in the league, well off the pace and without an away win in the season!

Following 2 narrow home defeats after the break, we signed a much needed loan left back to cover an injury. This proved key, as we have since gone on a 6 game winning streak, including 4 league games (2 away) and 2 cup games. We also go into the home leg of our cup semi final with a 2 goal lead. We should really be able to guarantee European football again this season, therefore.

We are just a month from Youth Intake day again, so hopefully I'll have some good news with that. Furthermore, I will do a different update later, focusing on my National Team first 11 so you can see and compare the strength of my team going into the 2022 qualifying campaign.

Although this youth day was not particularly spectacular, with no real depth to the talent on offer, there was 1 perfect gem for me. I'd been crying out for a central midfielder with some attacking capabilities for the NT & I was not disappointed.

Here is Luca Tomassoni. He doesn't have dual nationality and has made his debut for both club & country already. He makes up for the rest of the intake alone.

I will soon post an update of both my sides over the summer window & update on more excellent youth development.

Although this youth day was not particularly spectacular, with no real depth to the talent on offer, there was 1 perfect gem for me. I'd been crying out for a central midfielder with some attacking capabilities for the NT & I was not disappointed.

Here is Luca Tomassoni. He doesn't have dual nationality and has made his debut for both club & country already. He makes up for the rest of the intake alone.

I will soon post an update of both my sides over the summer window & update on more excellent youth development.

Looks decent, hopefully he can shape into what you are looking for. What did his scout report say and what is his potential?

San Marino announce 5 new sponsorship deals.

A new away kit sponsor. The 2 year deal is estimated to be worth £16M per year. The clubs previous deal was worth £16.09M per year.

An additional new kit sponsor. The 2 year deal is estimated to be worth £15M per year. The clubs previous deal was worth £14.89M per year.

A new Continental competition sponsor. The 1 year deal is estimated to be worth £7.5M. The clubs previous deal was worth £7.57M.

A new 4 year sponsorship deal worth £1.7M per year. The previous deal was worth £1.72M per year.

A new 2 year sponsorship deal worth £1.7M per year. The previous deal was worth £1.74M per year.

The total amount of new sponsorship money is £43M. This compares to the previous figure of £42.03M.

[Edit]

We have been hit with a tax bill in the amount of £31M

We have paid dividends to the shareholders in the amount of £45.5M.

**** off you money grabbing ********! :mad:

[Edit2]

San Marino Top Serie A sponsorship table.

In a league which generates in excess of £796M in sponsorship, last years World Club Championship winners San Marino, (we won little else), attracted the highest sponsorship deals this season, raking in about £93M from their sponsors.

[Edit3]

We seem to be ranked 4th in the World by reputation, (but I'm not sure how accurate it is). The media comment said that PSG retain their top spot, but when I look at the lost it is Bayern, PSG, Real, (and then us), followed by Corinthians, Barca, Napoli, AC, Dortmund, Inter, Atletico and 6 others.

[Edit4]

TV Rights for this season (2036/37), were £46.88M

Andorra v San Marino.

We went with our weakest possible squad in most areas, (even selecting the #3 GK), but we should still be far too strong for them, (if we aren't then it could be a long hard Summer). I've just done the OI's on their team and they are absolutely pants. My club U19's would hammer them! A first half HT from out left winger Visentini (2021) meant he was dragged off and rested, (with others), as we only added 1 goal to our 5-0 HT tally.

Wulfrath v San Marino.

I have never played against a club side with a NT before, so when given the chance I thought it rude not to have a bash. No idea what level they plau at, but I assume Caps can't be given. We won 2-0 with a 1st NT goal from a GK, but of course it wasn't a full International so no Caps and no NT GK goals.

Luxembourg v San Marino.

We won 8-1. I'm a bit ashamed that we conceded. meh! Really I'm just trying to get/keep everyone match fit.

Liechtenstein v San Marino.

This was our last warm-up game and it was just the final fitness session that we needed. Next us is Spain, Ireland and Romania. I'm not expecting anything from thr Spain game, but hoping for some sort of result against both Ireland and Romania.

2036 European Championship Finals.

San Marino 2 Spain 2.

Brilliant result but should have been so much more. We led 2-0 through a brace from Pier (2023). but they smashed in a mental free-kick from miles out and then our defence parted like the Red Sea with 1 min left on the clock. I should feel ecstatic that we drew, but I'm absolutely gutted. Spain were ranked 1st when we beat them in Qualifying and are ranked 2nd now. It's still a HUGE result and that it's a vital competitive game in a Finals makes it even more valuable.

Other result in Group A. Romania 3 Ireland 0.

We really need to get a result from the Ireland game to still have a chance of qualification. Spain are likely to improve and top the Group and so we need to keep up with Romania by collecting 3 points against Ireland. Doing the pre-match OI's I discover that Ireland have a real bravery issue in the middle of the pitch. I'm hoping I can exploit this and bully them.

Ireland 1 San Marino 1.

They took an early lead and we have what looked to be a good eqialiser ruled out for a dodgy offside just before HT. With 18 mins left they were reduced to 10 men for a 2nd yellow. We absolutely battered them after that, hitting thr bar twice and having 2 more cleared off the line. We did however get a more than deserved equaliser and I just have to hope that's enough.

Other result in Group A. Spain 1 Romania 1.

Group A.

Romania. 4 pts.

San Marino. 2 pts.

Spain. 2 pts.

Ireland. 1 pts.

I would have obviously preferred a Romanian win, but it wasn't to be. I have to assume that Spain will beat Ireland in the last game and that means that a draw against Romania will not be good enough and we will probably have to beat them to qualify.

Romania 0 San Marino 0.

We performed brilliantly and absolutely hammered Romania, but couldn't get the goal that we needed. We had 22 shots, (10 on target), and Romania only had 2 in total. We have finished Group 1 on 3 points after 3 draws from 3 games. Let's hope that it was enough. I chose not to check the Spain score during our game because we weren't winning.

Other result in Group A. Ireland 0 Spain 2.

Group A.

Romania. 5 pts.

Spain. 5 pts.

San Marino. 3 pts.

Ireland. 1 pts.

Absolutely gutted. Unbeaten at the EURO's and still going home. Such a let down. I was about write that the Ireland result cost us, but in actual fact we should have held on to a lead late on against Spain and we absolutely hammered Romania without scoring. I still can't quite believe that we haven't qualified for the knockout stages.

:(

[Edit]

Oh! We have qualified and will play Germany in the 2nd Round. :lol:

It seems that 3 qualify from each group now and only Ireland go home.

Yay! :thup:

[Edit]

Oh! We have qualified and will play Germany in the 2nd Round. :lol:

It seems that 3 qualify from each group now and only Ireland go home.

Yay! :thup:

I think its only the top 2 or 4 best placed third teams that progress to round out numbers for a knockout in Euro's. It makes the numbers even for the round of 16. The same thing happened to me and I swore to the moon, only to sheepishly realise I had snuck in.

Good luck in the knockouts!

Jim

That's not bad going for your first major tournament at all. You should go up in the rankings as a result? Considering you seem to have had by far the least pro-active board the progress is remarkable.

As many of you have requested, I will upload a report of Tomassoni when I get back from work. He bagged an assist in his first NT game too!

nice work mate.

i've qualified for the WC again, for the second time, so i've now gone WC > Euros > WC. i got out of the group on both occasions, lost in the second round of the WC and the quarters of the Euros (beat italy in the second round, which was nice!)

i've changed my HOYD to try and get some better prospects, i'm fed up with the half star, max 1 star players i'm getting, despite my previous HOYD having insane stats

A rather strange season in many ways, the club side never got going but just managed to do enough to satisfy still. We managed to nick 5th on the final day and thus qualify for the Euro Cup play off, after losing the Italian Cup final 1-0 to Inter against the run of play. The emergence and development of some youngsters did encourage slightly, with Belli pushing into my starting 11 and E.Renzi making huge strides in CM for club and country.

In terms of the NT, this was probably my most consistent season yet, with a competitive win against Georgia followed up with 3 successive friendly victories later in the season. Aside from Belgium, no side beat us by more than 2 goals in qualifying, which is good if you consider Holland & Norway were also in the group. My aim is to avoid finishing bottom in the upcoming World Cup Qualifying Group.

The coach report of my newest potential star Luca Tomassoni as requested.

Currently in the thick of a tense season ending, will update in full later today.

Thanks. :thup: He's going to be great for you.

Just a little thing though. You are asking for a coach report on a midfield player, from a coach who's style is actually Defensive. I know it's hard because there isn't a specific midfield coach, but looking at this player I would either look at a coach with a General style, or if you are not keen on that then maybe his role, AP(s) leans more towards attacking anyway. I certainly wouldn't be asking a Def coach for info on him though because it lacks accuracy as a result.

Thanks. :thup: He's going to be great for you.

Just a little thing though. You are asking for a coach report on a midfield player, from a coach who's style is actually Defensive. I know it's hard because there isn't a specific midfield coach, but looking at this player I would either look at a coach with a General style, or if you are not keen on that then maybe his role, AP(s) leans more towards attacking anyway. I certainly wouldn't be asking a Def coach for info on him though because it lacks accuracy as a result.

I usually only use him as he has best judging ability/potential of my coaching staff. Also, every single staff member has same star rating for both sides, so hopefully he isn't too far off. I hope that is the case, cause he's gonna be one hell of a player if they are right!

Archived