FM 13 - From Minnows to Champions!

JerseyShoreDave

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont see you getting relegated. Who did you buy ?

A striker from Ghana on a free transfer from Rosenborg.

Two great Central Midfielders one French, one English to replenish those slackers sold. The french one is demanding on salary, but not as bad a Guildford wanting 60k... when I couldn't offer him anything over 25k at the time...

And a Burkina Faso Left/Central Defender to replace a lousy defender that a Npower Championship team wanted out of the blue... plus this new guy is better, was on a free, and his salary is less... win... win... win...

The midfielders have done quite well so far. Haven't played the striker cause he's doing well in the African Cup of nations and my new defender was just signed on the last day.

The midfielders will help the team compared to who they replaced greatly. The rest are just filling in what's needed. Will see how they workout.

Forest Green - February Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. Cardiff - Comeback from behind tie, should of won the match but couldn't score in the second half.

vs. Newcastle - carbon copy of our Cardiff Match so annoying.

vs. Nottingham Forest - For a team close to relegation they battled us like hell, thank god for the last 15 minutes to get the victory.

vs. Sheffield United - FA Cup 5th - NPower Championship Team - We dominated them and won with a healthy 3-0 victory. Every striker scored a goal.

vs. Barnsley - Last place in the table scored first, but we came back from behind to take it back. Good win, should of been better though.

We are 13th in the table, 14 points clear of relegation.

ForestGreen2030-2031FebruaryTable.png

Yannick Faure is the player of the month.

Forest Green - March Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031MarchFixtures.png

vs. Fulham - Can't believe we nailed Fulham so hard... we dominated this match.

vs. Middlesborough - We barely beat the Championship side that won the FA Cup last year. We're thru to the Semifinals. It was a great match for the fans, great 4-3 victory.

vs Everton - Comeback from behind tie in the 93rd minute... Not the best played match, but I'll take the point.

vs. West Brom - This match was destined to be a tie but we scored twice... in the 90th and 92nd to earn the victory.

Was probably our best month this season.

We're in 12th place 16 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2030-2031MarchTable.png

We have the Player of the Month both first place AND Third Place.

Now Chelsea wants me... the budgets make me yawn... lol

It took till the 2nd year of Managing Forest Green in the Premiership to once again get managerial offers. None of which even made me blink on any level.

Forest Green - April Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031AprilFixtures.png

vs. Manchester United - At least the former Manchester United Man Gary Speck scored a goal, not a bad performance overall.

vs. Tottenham - The woodwork caused us lots of pain today, just wasn't in the cards. Otherwise we played quite well.

vs. Coventry - FA Cup Semifinal - Championship Side - They're in 5th place and currently on course to make the playoffs back to the Premiership and they played as if they never left. It would of gone to overtime but our defender won it for us in extra time. To the final we go.

vs. Stoke - Very close match early on, second half we outplayed them but no one else scored.

vs. Brighton - All 3 strikers scored in the first half giving us the victory.

And West Ham is next month... my mistake lol...

We're in 12th place, 20 points out of relegation, I think we're safe with 3 matches to go.

ForestGreen2030-2031AprilTable.png

Forest Green - May Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031Mayfixtures.png

vs. West Ham - We tied the match shortly after half time. We battled hard but West Ham came out in front.

vs. Southampton - Played the worst team in the League and lost... We played out backup team since 3 days later was the FA Cup Final.

vs. Tottenham - FA Cup Final - We somehow won this match... words can't do it justice... 4-3 to Forest Green!

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - First half was a complete battle, second half we played a lot better and scored twice for the win.

We finished the 12th in the Premier League. 21 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2030-2031MayTable.png

I was given a choice of a couple training camp locations... naturally I chose the USA.

Forest Green - Season Review - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

Premier League Table - 12th place, next goal top 10.

Capital One Cup - Newcastle knocked us out in the 3rd round.

English FA Cup - We actually won it, EUROPA CUP is now on the agenda!

The Squad - Doing well, the squad is a little large due to being unable to unload some players. Have a diverse group of players who are doing well and we set up the foundations of the team to climb the table.

The Transfers - We made a huge mistake paying 7.5 million for a goalie... when the 400k goalie outperforms him. Brought in a few good midfielders between 1.9 and 3.8 million. a nice 300k striker from Iran. A great french midfielder.

Going out to Celtic was our young midfielder Guildford, he wanted 60k a week when at the time I could only afford 25k... Now we can go 37,500. Got 8.75 million for him so I can't complain.

The Finances - Almost 43 million in the bank!

Key Players

Andy Payton - Our 27 year old English striker is still the best we've ever had. In 45 appearances he scored 31 goals, making 1 out of 2 Penalty kicks with 16 assists and 5 POM honors. His contract is up soon and I hope he doesn't expect more money, is contract has gone up cause he's on the match highest earner clause.

Rankara Shoai - Our 30 year old Swedish striker is still #2 at the club. In 34 appearances he scored 24 times with 10 assists and 4 POMs. He did get injured a bit this season, but otherwise was on target.

Hasan Mousavi - Iran's best striker is 28 years old and did well. Asian Championships interfered with him playing for us in January but that happens, He played 28 times scoring 15 goals with 1 assists and 1 POM. Internationally he played 18 times, scoring 6 goals, converting a penalty with 5 assists. Unless I get someone magnificient I have my top 3 strikers next season... I think.

Yannick Faure - Our new 29 year old french midfielder is one of the highest paid at 37,500. In 20 matches he scored twice with 9 assists and 5 POMs. His average rating is 7.81. I figure I'll lose him sooner or later, but I'm guarenteed getting 12,750,000 for him.

Jeronimo Pedroso - Our 22 year old Keeper came over from Portsmouth for 400k. He played 21 matches conceded 34, had 3 clean sheets and 1 POM. I think he's going out on loan.

Thoughts

Goal Keeper... 7.5 million dud...

Need better players to make a run in the Premier League.

Hopefully Europa Cup can stimulate better players my way.

Need a new stadium soon as we're selling out our current one way too often.

Torhout - Season Review - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

Belgian Pro League - 3rd place finish, once again Europa Cup and a new manager is coming since the current one got sacked for a Danish Manager

In the Qualifying round to the Europa cup they defeated Vitesse 3-0 at home and 1-0 away. They qualified for the Knockout Round out of Group H.

Europa Cup Knockout Round... Saint Etienne of France knocked them out in Round 1...

Belgian Cup - They actually made the final for the first time since I left and blew it....

Torhout is still regarded as Belgium's best but they're no where near they were. Hopefull new managerment can settle things out

Forest Green - PreSeason Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

Our shareholder's rob 11.25 Million

Sponsorships get better... But they're still the lowest in the Premier League by a huge sum...

I went to America to play MLS clubs as part of our preseason... all were to busy for us... our preseason consisted of 1 match... I could of gone to Germany or Austria instead....

There is a claim that we're the 29th richest club...

I was getting 4k a week salary... now its 55k a week...

In the Community Shield we Play Manchester United...

EPL Title odds are 1000-1, Media says we're getting 13th place.

Season Expectations - Mid-Table Finish - a little scary

ForestGreen2030-2031PreseasonFixture.png

vs. York - Got the Lucky strike in halftime...

Thoughts

Lot of new blood came in, getting rid of some of the old blood is interesting.

A youthful player could be quite special...

After winning the FA Cup I'm now a Club Legend; hope when we get a Stadium its named after em...

Forest Green - August Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

Season tickets went from 4219 to 4245.

ForestGreen2031-2032AugustFixtures.png

vs. Manchester United - Community Shield - Got dominated the entire match. Got lucky to score.... Penalties saved us. Here's the match review. And here's the report that shows the keeper saving the penalties... 3 in a row in fact! In this moment we bested them.

vs. Manchester United - Got beaten fairly, too much for us to get anything but a single goal.

vs. Stoke - We tied it in the 53rd, wasn't a bad match, we just let a goal in.

vs. Swansea - Our only and top goal scorer played against his old club and got us a win. Can't complain!

I know is extremely early in the season but after 3 matches we're in 11th place, 3 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2031-2032AugustTable.png

Europa League

Group G contains us. AZ Alkamaar, Olympiakos, and CSKA Sofia. I think we can get top 2 in this group, might not be easy but doable.

Group H contains Torhout, AS Nancy Lorraine, Fiorentina, and Tel-Aviv. I predict Fiorentina and Torhout to move on.

Forest Green - September Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Solid win, solid match, let in a hell of goal... can't complain.

vs. CSKA(Sofia) - Europa League Group G - We had better odds of beating Manchester United then beating Sofia... luckily for us their bark was pretty weak, we were up 2 goals in 4 minutes... solid European debut match.

vs. Brighton - They were in 20th place with 5 straight losses... after this match 6 straight losses.... was a tough match, scoreline is accurate.

vs. Exeter - Npower Championship Team, Capital One Cup 3rd Round - Tighter match then is should of been but Andy got the winning goal in injury time.

vs. West Ham - They've been underperforming compared to last season, but wow they fought us hard to a 3-3 tie. Better a point for us then giving them 3.

We're in 5th place. 9 points above relegation, 5 points out of first.

ForestGreen2031-2032SeptemberTable.png

Don't overreact to things yet, We still haven't had most of our tough matches. Next update features Tottenham and Chelsea among other opponents.

Forest Green - October Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032OctoberFixtures.png

vs. AZ Alkamaar - What a battle, we started the scoring early, but they attacked us with barrage after barrage...we caught them in counter attacks. We weren't at our best with most of our defenders hurt... but we definitely fought for it.

vs. Tottenham - The score is decieving... we actually kept up with them in terms of possession and shots on target, but neither could break the others defenses.

vs. West Brom - Relegation candidates got a pounding from us. We totally outclassed them, was a great match.

vs. Olympiakos - Media made it out that we couldn't compete... on the other hand we dominated and beat them 3-0 in a match that me look better then I am.... I'll take it.

vs. Chelsea - Sure they scored the first goal in 5 minutes, but then we settled down and played them like a well oiled machine. This match shows we slowly can play with the big boys.

vs. West Brom - Capital One Cup 4th Round - Second time this month we play West Brom, while its not as dominating as our first encounter I still will take a good match to continue our winning ways.

We're currently in 4th place, 7 points out of 1st.

ForestGreen2031-2032OctoberTable.png

Feeling bad for Brighton yet... 9 straight losses...

Forest Green - November Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032NovemberFixtures.png

vs. Everton - We played the match great, one of midfielders got the brace. Couldn't believe it. Can't fault the match.

vs. Olympiakos - We went to Greece for a Europa Cup encounter that saw us totally dominate the Greeks. Shoai got a 9 minute hat trick in the first half, and Mousavi got a 5 minute brace in the second half. Great match.

vs. Manchester City - We scored first, then Manchester City scored 6 times before halftime. Yes Andy got a hat trick but this was one crazy match... I'll make believe the 8-3 loss never happened.

vs. Middlesborough - The newly promoted team was stunned by our dominance. Only 1 shot on goal.

vs. Bristol City - Played the second worse team in the league on it was tougher then I expected, we still won 2-0 but they played better then most teams, even had more shots on goal then us.

vs. Newcastle - We did well in the first half to get 2 goals before halftime, after halftime they got one back but couldn't capitalize anymore.

We're third place in the league 7 points behind Arsenal in 1st.

ForestGreen2031-2032NovemberTable.png

Is Brighton the worse team ever with 14 straight losses????

Extra Transfer funds - 3.5 million, funny to make that announcement now.

Youth Facilities upgraded, now adequate

It's early, but looking strong at the quarter mark.

Its mostly the same team, I think they've gain confidence and come together as a unit. They figured out they can play with the big boys.

Phenomenal thread so far, such a shame that Torhout has't been able to stay at the same level since you left them.

Thanks for noticing part of this thread is to see how the computer handles clubs like Torhout. I am still in amazement when Torhout fires managers who can't win the domestic league... even Guardiola. Not a single manager since me has won the Belgian Cup either. We'll see how they do this season in the Europa League.

Champions League this season, push next. Well done though. You're doing brilliant.

All depends, its up to our form, if it drops... I dunno, I'd be happy with keeping a Europa spot at this point.

Good luck hanging on to a CL place.

We're trying, we're trying.

Forest Green - December Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032DecemberFixtures.png

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Capital One Cup Quarter Final - It took us til extra time when our Norwegian Striker got the win... Not the best played match but our Semi final encounters will be a lot harder.

vs. CSKA (Sofia) - Euro Cup Group G - For some reason they're held in too much regard. We dominated this match and 3 players got braces... its just a demolition job that helped us out nicely.

vs. Cardiff - The relegation Candidates couldn't get much done today as it should be, we played well but form slipped in the second half.

vs. Arsenal - We played the leaders Arsenal, and took the lead in the 35th minute. Arsenal tied it and it ended 1-1. They were just slightly better then us statistically speaking. Very proud taking 2 points away from them.

vs. AZ Alkamaar - Europa League Group G - boring tie each side had only 2 shots on goal, it was a midfielders hell as 3 midfielders got slightly injured during the match.

vs. Fulham - With 3 days rest after the Europa League match... a loss happened. Not unexpected.

vs. Liverpool - Our French Striker's brace is just part of the story. Liverpool has fallen on tough time, down to 15th place...

vs. Aston Villa - Got 2 goals in the first, second half we fell asleep let a weak goal in and almost ended up a tie, but we got the three points.

We're in 4th spot, 8 points out of first place.

ForestGreen2031-2032DecemberTable.png

Europe League Group Phase - As you can see both Torhout and Forest Green Advance to the Knockout Stages of the Europa Cup

Europa League - Knockout Round

Torhout takes on Spartak Moscow... winner gets either Anji or A.C. Milan

Forest Green takes on Dynamo Kyiv and the winner gets either Shakhtar Donetsk or Olympique Lyonnais...

Change of Season Expectations - choosing 8 million and 625k/week with Mid-table finish. I will continue to play it conservative.

I am extremely thrilled to announce that Forest Green Stadium is in process of being built, and will be done on Friday the 24th of June 2033, will boast undersoil heating and capacity of around 26,345 vs. what we have now... 12,647. We're only 41.5 million in debt now...

Forest Green - January Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. Tottenham - Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 1, away. Early in the second half we tied it up and then took the lead... but in the 84th minute got the tie away from home.

vs. Rotherham - FA Cup 3rd Round - Npower League 1 team. We dominated the team 3-0. They never even had a shot on goal, should of been 6-0 but that's football.

vs. Manchester United - We took the lead in the 34th only for them to peg us back in the 37th. Ended up a tie, very even match.

vs. Swansea - Well played in the first half, scoring 3 goals. Second half we got lazy.

vs. Tottenham - Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 2 at Home. We fell 2-0 before evening it out in the 54th then 66th minutes... we went into extra time where Tottenham scored first in the 103rd... we pegged them back in the 115th... for the away goal loss.

vs Fulham - FA Cup 4th Round - Scored in the 26th and then got unlucky, Fulham tied it in the second half.

vs. Stoke - Only lost 1-0 but we played poorly.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Last second we tied it up... gotta play better to keep Europa League Spots...

We're currently in 5th place, 9 points out of 1st.

ForestGreen2031-2032JanuaryTables.png

T-shirt sales set to rise... Money is good...

Forest Green - February Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. Brighton -against the worst team in the league we should've done better...

vs. Tottenham - We took the lead and let the goal in the second half.

vs. Fulham - FA Cup 4th Round repeat - Went to penalties where we won... 7-6.

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 5th Round - lost 1-0 in a match we didn't do well in.

vs. Dynamo Kyiv - Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round @ Home - We had a solid 2-0 victory.

vs. West Ham - Rest players for the Europa League match and lost 2-1 for my efforts.

vs. Dynamo Kyiv - Europa Cup 1st Knockout Round, away - Got the single goal and won on aggregate 3-0.

vs. West Brom We gave them a point to get them out of relegation before the end of the season. They played very well in this match.

In the League we're in 6th place, 11 points behind first.

ForestGreen2031-2032FebruaryTable.png

Come on man pick up back that form. Are you finding the european games making your season harder for you have to rotate more and the quality isn't there ?

Like its that easy... Had a few injuries, tired players... I think it was proven the quality is there. The European games just adds extra stress.

For a second season in the league, you've progressed well. Your top 10 finish is looking good :thup:

Third Season! don't jinx me! :p

Forest Green - March Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032Marchfixtures.png

vs. Everton - We played Everton and couldn't get a goal... they did. Was a closely fought match but just one of those things...

vs. Shakhtar - Europa League 2nd Knock Out round away - Solid 2-0 win, we outplayed them quite well.

vs. Chelsea - We actually dominated this match for the first 60, then gave up 2 in the last 30... disappointing.

vs. Shakhtar - Europa League 2nd Knock Out round home - Very competitive match, but was a match of 2 halves... First half was all us, second half was all them... but we won this match as well as advance to the quarter finals of the Europa Cup.

vs. Manchester City - We were blitzed early on, finally got one back in the second half but we never got organized...

vs. Middlesborough - Once again the first half was all ours, second half was all theirs, but they couldn't get 3 goals thankfully.

We're currently ranked 7th in the EPL, 17 points out of first.

ForestGreen2031-2032MarchTable.png

Europa League

Both us and Torhout advanced to the Quarter Finals to face each other... the winners face the winners of Monaco and Galatasaray.

Forest Green - April Review - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

ForestGreen2031-2032AprilFixtures.png

vs. Torhout - Europa League Quarter Final Home - We absolutely destroyed Torhout 5-0... was one of the best matches we've played.

vs. Newcastle - Scoreless tie, we were great defensively we just couldn't score.

vs. Torhout - Europa League Quarter Final away - We actually lost this match but won on aggregate.

vs. Bristol City - Another match we dominated. Bristol looked bad.

vs. Cardiff - This match could've gone either way... Penalty kick in the 12th... winner in the 93rd minute. Andy's hat trick... great win.

vs. AS Monaco FC - Europa League Semi Final Home - We got the single goal in the 82nd minute was really a close match.

vs. Arsenal - Both sides had a shot at goal which scored... otherwise this was a midfielders hell... correct result.

vs. AS Monaco FC - Europa League Semi Final Away - We actually lost this match, but won on away goals. Francois scored a brace to get to the finals.

We got 7th place in the League, 18 points behind 1st.

ForestGreen2031-2032AprilTable.png

I can't believe Brighton are going to stay up after losing their opening 14 (and more?) games. :D

Brighton lost each of their first 14 matches of the season. Brighton Fixtures.

I can reveal if Brighton would of had 1 more point, they would of stayed up thanks to goal difference over Cardiff of just 1. What a difference that 1 point would of made.

I kinda feel bad, I bought a striker from them in the preseason for 700k... who scored 28 goals in 46 matches.

They bought my striker Aaron Meade for 500k who scored 2 goals in 11 matches. No injuries.

Their best striker scored 18 in 40 matches... their second best scorers scored 4 and weren't strikers....

Its sad considering they use a 4-4-2 formation.

Their manager is Michael Owen.

Forest Green - May Review & Season Summary - English Premier League - 2031-2032 Season

Shareholders rob us of 10.75M

Wow a new 3 year stadium sponsorship deal worth 30k/annum... I think we're still on the bottom of the Premiership in Sponsorship deals...

ForestGreen2031-2032MayFixtures.png

Was the month of Claude...

vs. Aston Villa - Tight match, we won it in the 94th minute. But the good guys won.

vs. Fulham - We dominated this Premiership match, prepped us well for the Europa League Final just 3 days later.

vs. Fulham - Europa League Final - Statistically we were better in this match. 66th minute they went up... Took us til the 87th to tie it... then in 90th we won it. I'm proud we did the double this year. Community Shield and Europa League titles...

vs. Liverpool - We should of lost this match but somehow in the 93rd match we tied it.

English Premier League - We got 6th place in the League

I am the EPL Manager of the Year!

Capital One Cup - Lost in the Semifinals to Tottenham due to away goals.

FA Cup - Lost in the 5th Round to Manchester United.

Our Europa Cup Tree to the Final!

The Squad - We've improved it enough to win a European Title...

The Transfers - We did well this time, Our new striker Claude Colin was a bit expensive, but he did well. Francois was a bargain.

The Finances - Almost 39 million in cash at the club. You'll notice our massive 7 Year Stadium Sponsorship deal at 4.22k per season... WOW. No wonder why we have the lowest sponsorship in the Premier League.

Key Players

Andy Payton - Our 28 year old Irish striker had yet another banner year, I'm expecting him to resign a new 5 year deal anyday now. In 58 appearances he scored 36 goals, converted 2/3 of his penalties, had 23 assists with 9 POM honors. He averaged 7.56. He's not the greatest player but he uses what he got better then anyone.

Alexis Francois - Our 30 year old French Striker is new to the club. He played 46 times scoring 28 goals with 13 assists and 2 POM honors. He did quite well and its tough to decide who is going to start for the club next season.

Ole Erik Dahlen - Our 23 year old Norwegian Striker had a great season till his injury. In 31 total appearances he scored 16 goals with 14 assists and 1 POM. Not sure who is going to get the 3rd starting striker job yet.

Claude Colin - Our 28 year old French striker is considered a big, popular striker in the world that would increase our shirt sales. We purchased him from Real Madrid for 9 million. In 24 appearances he scored 14 times with 6 assists and 4 POM honors. Based on T-shirt sales alone he should start.... right? lol

Yannick Faure - Our 30 year old French midfielder had a banner year with an average rating of 7.62. In 45 appearances he scored 4 goals with 14 assists with 5 POM honors. He's one of our highest paid players cause he's just that good.

Ryan Bartlett - Our 32 year old Welsh Goalie was our top pick. In 63 appearances he conceded 76 goals, had 21 clean sheets...

Initial Budgets are set, first have to renew some of my low contracts that are up next year for about 5 players. Have throw some money around. Not sure how much are going to be left over.

Thoughts

Anytime a club wins silverware like the Community Shield and moreso the Europa Cup... its a successful campaign. I have an idea of a few players that I discovered while procrastinating writing this. Its our last season at The New Lawn as The Forest Green Stadium is going to be finished after the end of this season. Next step is to get just a little better and start getting some Champions League action. So far the Europa League is easier then the Premier League.

Torhout

I already showed how they did in the Europa Cup, so might as well add how they did domestically.

Belgian Pro League - Torhout Finished in First Place!

Belgian Cup - They got eliminated in the Quarter Finals by Gent

At least I won't have to knocked them out of the Europa League this year.

Forest Green - PreSeason Summary - English Premier League - 2032-2033 Season

Season Expectations - Lets not get ahead of ourselves.. Top Half finish

In the 2032 European Championships... Italy defeated Greece 3-1 in the final!!!!

Forest Green is ranked 46th club in Europe.

Our first Feeder club - Sogndal Norway!

Manchester United gets 65 million from their sponsors... we get 1.4 million... average is 16.25 million.... We're the Current European Champions... somethings wrong here.

ForestGreen2032-2033PreseasonFixtures.png

vs. Preston - Blue Square Bet North - Cruised to victory as expect against lesser competition. Hat trick for Andy Payton even though 2 were penalties.

vs. Partizan - Top Flight Serbian Club - 3-0 Victory, solid match, we did very well, could've scored more but they do have an above average defense.

vs. Freiburg - Division 2 German Club - We scored twice in 5 minutes, I got the team to attack hard... we conceded 2 goals in the experiment, very satisfied.

vs. Hearts - Scottish Premier League club - Totally dominated them. They had 1 shot on goal in each half.

vs. Atromitos - Greek Top Flight - We shook up the roster and things didn't work out too well, no worries, we'll stick to what works.

Preseason Thoughts

Good players are tough to come by and cost some money. We reorganized our squad just a bit. There isn't much deadwood other then the dead wood taken out last season that we're trying to sell and a few guys here/there. Got rid of 2 strikers, getting 2 defenders to lessen their load. I'm working on the clubs biggest purchase ever, if he can get a work permit. Squad unity will be high considering only 2 defenders, a goalkeeper, and hopefully the influential young midfielder will join us.

Forest Green - August Summary - English Premier League - 2032-2033 Season

Season Tickets - went from from 4245 to 4556

ForestGreen2032-2033AugustFixtures.png

vs. Manchester United - Was dominated and lost. Still one of the best teams.

vs. Liverpool - Solid victory against a good mid table team.

vs. Paris Saint-Germain - European Supercup - We were competitive, we even had more shots on goal... but our counter attacking style for this match failed us as we lost it 2-1

So far we're in 11th place, 6 points behind 1st... 2 points above relegation

ForestGreen2032-2033AugustTable.png

Europa League Group Phase

We're in a group with AS Nancy Lorraine, Dnipro of the Ukraine, and Zejeznicar of Bosnia... I think we're through to the knockout phase.

Thoughts

Early assessment says to me we're a 6-10th ranked Premiership Team. Media says 9th, I must of missed the odds post. I spent 15 million on a midfielder... its insane the price it takes for good players at this level and my team doesn't make enough to provide at this point. Its going to be tough... At least the players get along good.

Forest Green - September Summary - English Premier League - 2032-2033 Season

ForestGreen2032-2033SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Fulham - We beat Fulham in what was a beautiful match. We dominated and got 2 braces.

vs. AS Nancy Lorraine - Europa League Group I - 2 hat tricks led this demolition of a match... sure we gave up 2 goals to the front runners of the French League right now... but our offense is awesome.

vs. Chelsea - We fought hard and was a competitive match as we kept up with Chelsea in the first half, second half it was all us, but couldn't capitalize until the 76th minute.

vs. Hull - Capital One Cup 3rd Round - Championship Club - Hull came to win, and actually in 90 minutes battled us to a 3-3 tie. We brought in Andy Payton in extra time where he scored twice for the win. Hull could be primed for the Premiership next season.

vs. Tottenham - We should of lost this match due to the onslaught brought upon us in the second half, so a point is a just result.

vs. Dnipro - Europa League Group I - We took the early lead, then doubled it with a penalty in the 12th minute going into half time 2-0 up. We got our 3rd goal, then we gave up 2 goals in the last 15... we win but Dnipro can play.

In the League we're in 7th place, 5 points out of first.

ForestGreen2032-2033SeptemberTable.png

Archived