FM 13 - From Minnows to Champions!

JerseyShoreDave

Wow, the Community Shield match was shocking :eek: Looks like you've rebounded nicely though.

Bad performance all around...

Are man united now considered your rivals for ,they have been the only team ,that has been so rough to you in the league.

I know when I play them I don't have much of a chance of winning yet... use to be the same way with Manchester City when I first hit the Premier League... Manchester United are the only team I fear. I am ranked 3rd in Europe... Manchester United is rated first for a reason.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest Green - November Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036NovemberFixtures.png

vs. Cardiff - the backup team couldn't hold Cardiff back, the come from behind tie came from an otherwise lame match.

vs. PSV - Champions League Group B - Tough match, we should of won it easily... we won every stat, but hit the woodwork too many times to count...

vs. Coventry - Not the best match as we had Luna get 3 shots on goal for 3 goals and barely winning the match before he got injured... annoyed.

vs. Aston Villa - Nice to see a defender get a header for once from a corner kick... otherwise not that good of a match.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Started out well... then we went down 2-1 before getting the tie in the 81st... the penalty kick... the red card... 2 points lost.

vs. Stjarnan - Champions League Group B - The Icelandic Champions can't compete with us, it should've been 7-0... but I'll take 5-0 in a competition we already qualified for the next round in.

We're in first place, but not really... We're in the hunt.

ForestGreen2035-2036NovemberTable.png

Forest Green - December Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036DecemberFixtures.png

vs. Swansea - Andy got a Brace as he led the 2nd team to Victory over Swansea.

vs. Dinamo - Champions League Group B - Ended up being a tight match with a come from behind tie...

vs. New York Red Bulls - World Club Championship Semifinals - Taking on my home town team was an honor. We took the early lead as Colin took the lead in the 14th. In the 44th New York tied it with a brilliant shot from 20 yards. It took 2 subs to get the team to score again 71st to take the lead... and Dahlen ensured victory in the 77th with a sweet breakaway....

vs. Al-Ittihad(KSA) - This match was the easiest match of the month, we dominated the entire time to become World Club Champions again.

vs. Chelsea - Solid win, I expected more resistance as our team was pretty tired from the trip back from Mexico and using other players.

vs. Newcastle - Colin was on fire, shot another brace into victory.

vs. Manchester City - They beat our asses down until Colin scored twice... 88th and 92nd... We should of lost this match and didn't deserve a point, but we take it.

vs. Nottingham Forest - With a mixture of first teamers and benchwarmers I guess we did alright.

We're in 2nd place having played one less match then Manchester United, behind by 4 points.

ForestGreen2035-2036DecemberTable.png

World Club Championship Tree - Not sure how Sao Paulo lost...

Champions League First Knockout Round - We get Athletico Madrid next... Nice to see Anderlecht in there too!

Andy Payton reminds me of a guy I had on my FM11 FGR save, Jamal Lacoste, who was released by Arsenal and took me up the leagues with his goals from the Conference, and was still doing the business in the Prem despite a poor star rating.

What are Andy's total career numbers?

Andy Payton reminds me of a guy I had on my FM11 FGR save, Jamal Lacoste, who was released by Arsenal and took me up the leagues with his goals from the Conference, and was still doing the business in the Prem despite a poor star rating.

What are Andy's total career numbers?

Andy Payton's Career Stats

Andy Payton's Bio

Andy and I spoke and he wants a new challenge so I'll be selling him at the end of the season.

Looks like a challenge get that spot from united

We're trying

Forest Green - January Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. Wolves - Solid win by the backup squad, Wolves got 2 penalty kicks, one was wide, one got blocked by the goalie.

vs. Tottenham - 50-50 possession and 5 shots on goal each all that separated us was the red card they got, but it didn't help us.

vs. Alfreton - Npower League 2 club in the FA Cup 3rd Round - 4-0 solid victory with a lot of back up players.

vs. Everton - We dominated the 3rd place team. Colin got a hat trick, Luna got a brace. They were helpless. I don't how we won like this as they've been on a roll.

vs. Watford - They put up a fight at least for 10 minutes... the match remained 2-1 until the 93rd when the match was secured, got the 3 points.

vs. Arsenal - FA Cup 4th Round - 1-0 is a good enough victory against an underperforming Arsenal.

vs. West Ham - Wasn't the prettiest game, lots of cards but they had 10 shots... 0 on goal... 3 points was a given.

In the League we are 2nd place, behind by 3 points.

ForestGreen2035-2036JanuaryTable.png

We bought a young striker for 600k during the January transfer window, and sold 2 players for good money. Current lineup will have to lead us to glory

Forest Green - February Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. Fulham - Rested some players cause our next match was just 3 days away. Our backup squad did well, other than scoring... took our defender to get the win with a header.

vs. Arsenal - Our first half was the best half of football this season, 5 goals, 5 different players scoring. Second half was a letdown and they did score 1, but overall 3 points and the win was ours.

vs. Manchester United - FINALLY! Solid 2-0 win. Was a tough match but what else can we expect from them! Luna man of the match with his brace.

vs. Nottingham Forest - 5th Round of the FA Cup - We gave our backup team the chance to shine and they did. Savage our young midfielder got a surprise brace and Andy Payton adds another goal to his career.

vs. Athletico Madrid - Champions League First Knockout Round Leg 1 away - In the first half we got blitzed badly and fell 2-0. In the second half we came back and dominated with goals in the 47th and 57th... but could score no more. I'm confident of winning the return match at home.

In the league we are in second place, tied in points with Manchester United... behind by a goal differential of 14.

ForestGreen2035-2036FebruaryTable.png

Forest Green - March Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036MarchFixtures.png

vs. Southampton - Southampton put up a fight, only letting the single goal in... a win is a win.

vs. Cardiff - backup squad took on the worst team in the league... Andy got a nice goal. solid win.

vs. Athletico Madrid - Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 2 at home - The visitors stunned us in the 5th minute, but after that it was all us. Raul scored in the 18th... and Jean-Louis picked up a brace in 4 minutes to get us to the quarterfinals.

vs. Middlesborough - Nice win solid performance with Colin getting a brace.

vs. Coventry - Solid win over one of the weaker teams in the Premiership. Raul has recovered from injury and has found his groove.

vs. Reading - FA Cup 6th Round - The Championship team didn't stand a chance as Luna got a hat trick in this match.

vs. Aston Villa - Another solid win hitting on all cylinders Luna with another brace.

We gave up 1 goal in 7 matches this month, against the only difficult competition we faced... Month of the season!

First place is all ours up by 6 points... They had nice losses to Arsenal and Swansea this month.

ForestGreen2035-2036MarchTable.png

Champions League Quarterfinals - In the Quarterfinals we meet... FC Bayern

Just wanted to show how bad our Youth Candidates are.

Forest Green - April Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036AprilFixtures.png

vs. FC Bayern - Champions League Quarter Finals Leg 1 away - In the 29th minute they scored on us, and the midfield battle ensued. We didn't play bad, they just scored the single goal on us, and we had no answer.

vs. Swansea - Our B team led us to victory. Andy scored early, Swansea got a penalty kick and one of our young defenders messed up and got the red card on card of it. In the second half things cooled down, alexis got the winner, and we went to a 5-3-1 to the end just to be sure.

vs. FC Bayern - Champions League Quarter Finals Leg 2 at home - First half was a battle, Bayern were trying to get us badly. In the 54th minute Colin scored... and then things became a midfield battle til 90... we went into extra time, made 2 subs and as luck would have it, they messed up and Jaba nailed the penalty kick that led us to the semis.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Our B team played well in this match, Andy naturally scored.

vs. Chelsea - Solid match against a mid level team, we dominated and kicked some ass.

vs. Manchester United - FA Cup Semifinals - This was a battle we rested players for this match because the Champions League is bigger... badder then the FA Cup. Andy scored in the match and they battled too the end. 75th minute the last goal came from Manchester United. We couldn't get the win, but thats ok...

vs. Manchester United - Champions League Semi Finals Leg 1 at home - 3 days later at home, our best was ready. Luna got a hat trick, our defense was solid. We won big. Bottom line, strategy worked.

vs. Tottenham - Alexis scored in the Premier League while resting players for the next match. Well done victory.

vs. Manchester United - Champions League Semi Finals Leg 2 away - In the first half Manchester United dominated at home, second half we got our defense together but our offense suffered. We got the important penalty in the 77th that ensured our victory.

We're in the Champions League Final, got eliminated in the FA Cup Semis.

In the EPL we're in first place by 9 points... with 3 games left... we need 1 tie to ensure the title is ours.

Our last 3 Premiership matches are Manchester City, Nottingham Forest, and Newcastle.

ForestGreen2035-2036AprilTable.png

Forest Green - May and Season Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036MayFixtures.png

vs. Manchester City - Wasn't the best performance... our Brazillian midfielder/striker got the goal that tied the match, the tie allowed us to win the League Title.

vs. Nottingham Forest - Solid win by the secondary squad. Nottingham Forest got relegated.

vs. Newcastle - Solid match Boquita might be played more as a striker next season as a result of his last few games.

vs. Arsenal - Champions League Final - We let in a lame goal within 10 minutes and played pretty poorly, second half we got our composure back with Luna picking up a brace. Was a closer match then is should of been but we won it for the 3rd time.

The League Table - We won by 9 points, ended up with 99 points a new EPL record. Liverpool won the Championship and will be back next season.

The Champions League Knockout Phase Tree

Champions League Dream Team - The entire back line is my team, and one of our best midfielders is chosen as well.

The FA Cup - Hat a good run, had to go with priorities...

Capital One Cup - Got knocked out in the 3rd round by Manchester United, the competition means nothing to my board so its just something for the backup crew to play for minutes.

Since its the end of the season we were finally able to start to make some more improvements to our facilities.

Our stadium will have 11,000+ extra seats by the end of September.

Our Youth Academy will be classified as a Level 1 setup.

Club's training facilities will be upgraded

Youth Facilities will be upgraded

The Finances - 35 million in the bank, had more before upgrades, hopefully can get a few more stuff from the board.

Torhout in some ways is doing ok, in other ways they're not.

Belgian Pro League - 4th place... funny think is both Torhout AND Anderlecht are not in the Champions League but Beershot and Genk??? lol

In the Europa League - Standard and Genk were knocked out in the Second Knockout Round and Torhout made it to the Quarterfinals before getting destroyed by FC Twente.

The Transfers -

Incoming:

Angelini - Nice backup defender on a free, can't go wrong.

Bogdevich - Overrated player, not good enough for the League.

Ndongala - Got him on a free, he's our worst player in terms of discipline... not much of a future, will be backup as he can play in lesser games.

Ramirez - A great backup keeper for our top keeper, will sell for probably 10 million

Lefebvre - I know, I know, 16 million for a Manchester United defender... indeed was worth the cost.

Ranieri - A brazilian midfielder with some potential.... not enough probably.

Curley - followed some Premier League clubs to buying him and he got hurt and seems to be a dud, will examine his future in the preseason.

Outgoing:

Dossama - Our former defender plays for an Egyptian club now, just wasn't good enough for the premiership.

Wilson - Couldn't learn to be a midfielder so we're trying to sell him again.

Gibson - Overrated we want him gone.

Guildford - Might be back in the main team if we need another homegrown guy, would be backup if he's back.

Grebynskyi - Was with the club for 6 years and wanted a new challenge, so we got 7.75 million for him from Wolfsburg

Koffi - another defender, Leverkusen bid 5.25 million for him and we sold him.

Merry - a home grown youth player from the club getting time in the Blue Square Bet Premier League, has NO future here.

Bonnet - The defender was sold to stoke for 3.5 million, as he became surplus to the defenders on the team.

Konate - A backup keeper that Rapid Wien was after for while and when we haggled they offered 4.8 and took it.

Enell - Our swedish defender was getting no playing time as he was ousted by better players, west ham offered 1.7M which was too low but we took it.

Serna - Came back from a loan at Boca Juniors, and was sold for 11.75M.

Kucharski - Turned out to be overrated, was happy that Cardiff picked him up.

The Squad - The team is strong, and our best players are among the best in the World with 7 players playing in the European Championships this summer. We've already renewed the 4 contracts that had a year left on them.

Key Players

Jaba Gogatishvili - Our 25 year old Georgian International midfielder is one of our best players. He was hurt a bit so he didn't do as well as he could of. In 34 appearances he scored 9 goals, converted 2/4 of the penalty kicks, had 13 assists, 1 POM and 13 yellow cards. Many teams bid on him but he's been happy so far, especially his new 110k/wk contract he signed.

Andy Payton - Andy said he's done it all here and wants to leave... if we can find a suitable replacement thats homegrown in England we'll sell him. He's not worth what he use too be. He did well when he did play. In 18 matches he scored 10 goals, was 1/1 in penalties with 8 assists and 4 POMs. Will be sad to see him leave, more importantly who'd replace him...

Ole Erik Dahlen - Our 27 year old Norwegian Striker had a subpar season. In 36 matches he only scored 14 goals with 15 assists and 2 POMs. He was injured a bit, but when called upon he underachieved in the Premiership, yet scored 7 in 15 Champions League appearances...

Alexis Francois - Our 34 year old striker did better then expected. In 23 appearances he scored 12 goals, was 1/1 in Penalties, 3 assists, and 1 POM. I expect him to retire in the next few years, sad he never got a National team cap at the senior level.

Claude Colin - Our 32 year old French international is still going strong. He was our second best striker for the team. In 39 appearances he scored 24 goals, getting a penalty kick, had 18 assists, with 7 POM honors. Hoping he doesn't want to leave too, great player.

Augusto Luna - Our 4 year old Argentinian striker was on top of the world. In 44 appearances he scored 32 times, netted a penalty kick, had 11 assists and 8 POM honors. He was also named the EPL Footballer of the Year! Our best striker is a class player and I fear what salary he'll command in 2 years...

Grant Dick - was surprised we were able to resign the young keeper for just 32,500/wk. Our 19 year old English keeper had his bet year yet! In 60 matches he conceded 56 goals, with 30 clean sheets. He can only get better from here. If I establish Forest Green as the top Club in England before he retires... I'll stay around until he does retire. He won the honor of being the EPL Golden Glove of the Year!

Thoughts

Have to keep in mind spending. The club is letting me spend a bit too much than our finances can handle. Given the EPL's limit on players it helps but have to keep a balance.

Need to find more quality talent on low salary if thats possible.

Finding quality... especially home grown talent is important. We need some home grown players from the club to make European Qualifying easier... only twice did we even have 7 subs due to injuries in the Champions League.

We need a few more things that I hope the board of directors will approve of like a better youth recruitment network and youth coaching.

Find a way to break Manchester United consistantly!

Excellent overcoming Man Utd after that community shield hammering.

Yeah it still bites me hard... Already played Man Utd twice in the new season...

congratulations and I think you should have some good youth players now. What level is junior coaching and youth recruitment ?

youth players come out in March so... we'll see. Both are at Average. I was able in increase youth recruitment in August, but not junior coaching. Preseason and August Update forthcoming.

Forest Green - PreSeason and August Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

Manchester United's manager leaves for FCP... and so far it shows... :applause:

2036 European Champions - Spain defeats Turkey in the final 2-0

Season Ticket Sales - from 11,506 to 13,080

Initial Budgets - 22+ Million!

New Sponsorships - The 4 previous sponsorships use to give us 1.09 Million per year, now they give 13.19 Million. We've earned respect from Sponsors!

New Kit Sponsorship - 4 year 725k deal!

Our Champions League Group C consists of in order:

The French Champions

The English Champions

The Italian Champions

The Turkish Champions

ForestGreen2036-2037ChampionsLeagueGroupC.png

Youth Recruitment has been improved to Average.

The Fixtures:

ForestGreen2036-2037PreseasonFixtures.png

We started the preseason in Korea

vs. Gyeongnam - 2 braces shows the point, this is a nice warm up match.

vs. Incheon - 2 braces show the point with how overmatched they were.

vs. Seongnam - Yes another 2 braces show how easy the 7-0 thumping was.

vs. Real Madrid - Only 1 Brace... but still. We go Claude from Real Madrid so its only fitting he did well with them. It was a shame we didn't score more in the second half but after the easy matches... to get the 4-0 victory against Spain's best makes me happy.

vs. Manchester United - The Community Shield - Under their new Manager Murat Yakin they aren't the same team. Their defense was sold but so was ours... 90 minutes came and went and no one could break the other... another 30 minutes... nothing. Then we went to Penalty kicks and it wasn't pretty for either side. We won it 2-1. Colin and Boquita were the only 2 who got their Pks in.

vs. Liverpool - In 45 seconds Raul scored for us... in the 4th minute Liverpool struck back. Things settled a bit and in the 62 Lavie was way out of position and scored the winner.

vs. Manchester United - We meet yet again and our defense is great, but so is Manchester's. Better to get 1 point then letting them have 3.

vs. Wolfsburg - European Super Cup - First half Wolfsburg kicked our collective arses... 10 shots on goal in 45 minutes, thankfully they only got 1 in. Second half we put Luna in who got hurt representing Argentina wasn't a 100% but scored just 4 minutes after coming in... It went till the 90th and then we had extra time. Everyone was tired with such a match so early in the season but we endured. We put in a fresh Andy Payton, and Ranieri came into the midfield for Colin and Jaba respectively. Andy had literally 5 shots in 5 minutes, but in the 114th minute he ran around the Goalkeeper, took a nice shot and won it for the good guys.

Thoughts

Preseason rocked and we did great. We tried to sell Andy as he wished a new challenge after buying a new player... only problem with that was... not 1 team was interested in him... even on a Free Transfer. so I'm obviously NOT putting him in the reserves I had to find the second worse Striker to sell and that turned out to be Francois. We brought in a hot young English striker for huge money, got a young defender everyone wanted, and a midfielder that our staff identified as having great potential and I actually agreed with the free transfer.

We brought in 34.5 million worth of players, but we sold 5 Million worth.

Manchester United brought in 73 million worth of players and sold 63 million worth.

Everton brought in 91 Million worth of players and sold 27.5 million worth.

I'm almost 60k/week over my available wage budget at the moment.

Forest Green - September Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Derby - Newly promoted team met my B team... Andy netted one, and at the very end our youngster Vagner finished it off. It was a good match.

vs. Juventus - Champions League Group C - Took 5 minutes for Juventus to score on us, but in the 18th we got one back... took till the 83rd when our young Scottish midfielder Stephen Savage got the winning goal. Tougher match then expected.

vs. Charlton - Capital One Cup 3rd Round - Championship team - wasn't the best match for our B team but at the end of the first half Savage once again got the winning goal.

vs. Aston Villa - Total Destruction thanks to Luna scoring 5 and Boquita getting a brace. Sure we gave up a wonder goal no worries, after scoring 7.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Dahlen ended his goal drought and Boquita adds another to his tally. Good match.

vs. Cardiff - Our B team didn't do bad, but the defense was less then stellar in the loss. Our new English striker Kenny scored in the 90th in his debut after his preseason injury.

In the League we're currently in 4th place, 2 points behind first place leaders Manchester City.

ForestGreen2036-2037SeptemberTable.png

Our stadium capacity is up 13172 seats.

Our Facilities - 39,517 seats in Forest Green Stadium!

Forest Green - October Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Galatasaray - Champions League Group C - Solid 6-0 win with Luna getting a brace, they got 1 shot on goal the whole match.

vs. Wast Ham - Come back from behind win, Luna got a brace, solid performance.

vs. Middlesborough - Same as West Ham except Kenny got the brace, solid performance.

vs. FC Sochaux-Montbeliard - Champions League Group C - In the 14th minute the french champions took the lead, in the 39th they knocked down Luna in the box, Jaba converted the penalty... in the second half things went worse the French Champions scored... and we had nothing in response. Rightful winners that night, next time though... its at HOME!

vs. Chelsea - Solid win against Chelsea. Luna got another brace, 3rd this month.

vs. Leeds - Capital One Cup 4th Round - Solid win against Championship side Leeds. Colin got a brace and Vagner got the 3rd.

We're in second place behind Manchester City, behind by 2 points.

ForestGreen2036-2037OctoberTable.png

Forest Green - November Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037Novemberfixtures.png

vs. Tottenham - A tough battle for our secondary team, Andy got a Brace leading us to victory.

vs. FC Sochaux-Montbeliard - Champions League Group C - Kenny got the lone goal at home, along with the 3 points. Tough match again from a tough team.

vs. Everton - Luna got the early goal, Everton got the late goal... was a tough match.

vs. Manchester City - Took a chance by resting players in this match in light of the Champions League match, however they overperformed to my wildest dreams. 2 new signings got goals.

vs. Juventus - Champions League Group C - Kenny and Boquite lead us to victory which gets us to the knockout stage.

vs. Bradford - Last place in the Premiership so our secondary squad got a good 2-0 victory.

vs. Newcastle - The Capital One Quarter Finals - Dan Curley got a brace and led us to victory over a determined Newcastle.

vs. Southampton - Solid 3-0 Victory in the Premiership, nice to Dahlen do well this month in getting a brace during this match.

In the League we are in second place, just 1 point behind Manchester City.

ForestGreen2036-2037NovemberTable.png

Forest Green - December Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037DecemberFixtures.png

vs. Galatasaray - Champions League Group C - Kenny got a brace in what was a solid performance in the Champions League

vs. Swansea - Our A team kicked some over performing Swansea ass... Boquita ended up with a brace.

vs. Zamalek - Club World Championship semi final - We destroyed the Egyptian club, Colin got a brace.

vs. Sao Paul - Club World Championship Final - Tough match but our defense held while Kenny got a beautiful goal in a counter attack, and Pierre got a nice header from a cross...

vs. Newcastle - Andy got the win... our offense was bad, but defense held up...

vs. Arsenal - Solid win here, Kenny and Luna kicked some ass, Kenny got a brace.

vs. Fulham - Andy's brace and Savage's goal got the job done against Fulham.

vs. Manchester United - Seminario scored the winner off a header. He's last new guy to score but he's a damn good scorer.

vs. Watford - Raul got a hat trick and kicked some massive ass.

The perfect month, we're really a great team right now. Our defense is solid.

In the League we're in first place, ahead by 7 points. If we keep current form we'll be good off.

ForestGreen2036-2037DecemberTable.png

Champions League - First Knockout Round matches - PSG is our next opponent

Change of season expectations - We went with title challenge really since we can't afford it either way.

We're doing well, since we got some money, in May we'll renew the contracts we want too so we can concentrate on new players when our summer budgets are given.

Forest Green - January Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. Norwich - FA Cup 3rd Round - The League 1 side got nailed by us in a nice outing.

vs. Chelsea - Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 1 at home - We used the A team cause we could and got a nice 3-1 win. Shame we couldn't score anymore after the 20th minute though.

vs. Liverpool - Our solid defense shut down their offence, and we cruised to a satisfying win.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - We played very well, excellent match, no stress for the team.

vs. Derby - Backup squad continued the 3-0 trend in a great display.

vs. Chelsea - Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 2 away - First half we were completed dominated, and went down 2-0 at half time which would of knocked us out due to away goals. In the 75th minute we made a substitute and Raul scored twice ensuring the win.

vs. Manchester United - Lefebvre use to play for them, and now he got the lone header on them. Yes it was a tough match but any win over Manyooooooo is 3 points more then them.

vs. Aston Villa - Solid win, wasn't the most impressive considering how close to relegation they are. But its still 3 points.

vs. Cardiff - First half was all us, Jaba got a hat trick as a central midfielder.... Second half started out lame with Cardiff getting 2 quick goals in succession, Luna in the 68th made it 4-2 which lasted to the end.

I figure honestly we have a 9 point lead over Manchester City since they'll beat most teams. Its entirely in our hands and the schedule isn't that rough at first glance but that will ultimately be determined by our Champions League Performance next month, and on the FA Cup results. Season is looking good. We've had our share of injuries but not that bad. We only had 1 long term injury this season, torn hamstring by our best left defender. Everything is going well.

ForestGreen2036-2037JanuaryTable.png

Forest Green - February Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. West Ham - Great win for the backup boys... Vagner getting a hat trick... amazing.

vs. PSG - Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 1 away - Tough team, tougher match, Kenny got the loan goal in the 73rd on a free kick.

vs. Watford - FA Cup 5th Round - Good win over the premiership side. Nice to see Luna getting a goal.

vs. Manchester City - Capital One Cup Final - Great match, we scored first, then it got tied up in the 75th only for Kenny to get the winner in the 87th. We played well the entire match.

vs. Middlesborough - Kenny gets a hat trick, but the story is... in the 71st minute the match was once again tied, we put in our last sub, Colin in the 75th... who gets the winning goal in the 85, and sets up Kenny's hat trick in 91st to secure the win for us.

We're playing the best football since I've started here. We're at least 13 points ahead of second place Manchester United. Only matches that worry me a bit are the Champions League ones.

ForestGreen2036-2037FebruaryTable.png

Forest Green - March Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037MarchFixtures.png

vs. Tottenham - Dahlen tied up the match in the 74th. Tough match, but not bad for the backup squad.

vs. PSG - Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 2 at home - What a battle, was lucky to win it. Most of the match we were losing 2-1 which would of led us to get knocked out of the Champions League by away goals... but in the second half Kenny got a brace and secured victory.

vs. Nottingham Forest - FA Cup 6th Round - The NPower Championship side got dominated by the best rested players of our team.

vs. Everton - Once again the best rested players had a cracker of a game, Kenny eeked out a last minute victory in the 90th minute that led us to victory.

vs. Chelsea - Our A team froze up, gave up a goal in the 80th and we couldn't get a goal, which is rare this season.

vs. Manchester City - Took a gamble here due to our Champions League Quarter Finals starting on the 1st of April against... Manchester United... We rested the A team to kick their ass yet again... its the noble thing to do.

We still have a 6 point lead, assuming Manchester City wins their next league match. The only 2 matches in the League that I still have to play is Arsenal and Swansea... so I don't think I'm catchable but time will tell.

ForestGreen2036-2037MarchTable.png

ForestGreen2036-2037YouthCandidates.png"]New Youth Intake[/url] - Not seeing anyone yet of have first team potential...

Facilities - Still have some work to do on this.

Forest Green - April Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037AprilFixtures.png

vs. Manchester United - Champions League Quarter Finals, Leg 1 away - We fell behind in the 4th minute, then our defense kicked it up and they didn't get another shot on goal... but it took till the 61st minute to tie it all up. We couldn't do more...

vs. Newcastle - Our B team let us down, our Defense was spot on but our offense was nearly non existant in this match.

vs. Manchester United - Champions League Quarter Finals Leg 2 at Home. Our defense was wonderful as Luna scored in the 35th on the counter attack. We switched to a 5-3-2 to run out the match and advance to the next round... Bayern Munich is our next opponent.

vs. West Ham - FA Cup Semi Finals - Both sides played very well in this match. A controversial Penalty was given in the 32nd minute. Our offense sucked for most of the match though. Our A team was off target. In the 90th it took our Polish International to get the second goal.

vs. Bradford - Worst team in the league fell to a brace from Kenny. Should of had 5 goals in this one.

vs. Southampton - First half Southampton took us on and went up 2-0. Second half we brought on Andy and Ranieri to help the cause and with immediate effect Ranieri assisted on Vagner's goal and Andy scored his goal in 67th. A point is better than nothing.

vs. FC Bayern - Champions League Semi Final Leg 1 at home - Both sides had over 20 shots on goals but our goal keepers were awesome on the night. At least we didn't let them get the away goal.

vs. Watford - Raul got the brace against Watford, could of been 6 goals in this match, we played that good.

vs. FC Bayern - Champions League Semi Final Leg 2 away - In the first minute Pierre got the goal off a sweet cross... In the 7th minute they scored on an aweful counterattack... The score remained the same which if it did we advanced on the away goals... but in the 82 minute Boquita got the second goal in the run of play... and in the 91st minute Jaba passed the ball to Kenny who passed it back to Jaba who kicked the ball far post to make it too the finals.

With 3 matches remaining we have a 7 point lead over Manchester City. We first play Arsenal, then Swansea in the league, then swansea in the Fa cup final, then we play a crappy Fulham, and then we play FCP... managed by the former Manager of Manchester United... the one that JUST left...

We could have the perfect season if we win the Premier League, FA Cup, and Champions League

ForestGreen2036-2037AprilTable.png

Forest Green - May and Season End Summary - English Premier League - 2036-2037 Season

ForestGreen2036-2037MayFixtures.png

vs. Arsenal - Our A team had a great match here where we totally dominated Arsenal. Very nice match. This win ensured us the League Title

vs. Swansea - Our B team let us down here, at least Tony scored in the 89th to tie it up. Our defense was good but our offense slacked hard.

vs. Swansea - FA Cup Final - Boring midfield battle match, Jaba converted the penalty kick for a win. Wasn't the best match ever.

vs. Fulham - Sad loss, absolutely aweful, other then the goal in the 6th minute... I figured the Champions League would end bad.

vs. FCP - Posted the results in the Last post. Crappy way to end the season. Moving on.

Stadium Expansion Announcement

In 13 months the expansion shall be done!

Current Facilities

No need to bring up that our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment aren't maxed... I already know that... as soon as I get the option to improve... I'll do it!

New Sponsorship deal Sure its an increase of 100% but its only 14k... for 7 years... 14k doesn't go very far....

Shareholder's rob us of 7 million....

The Finances - 39 Million in the bank!

Initial Budgets - We have about 200k/week to use and 19.3 million on transfers. Nothing like the other teams but we make it work.

The Transfers -

Incoming

Tchomogo - Our youth development person picked him out and for once on a youngster... I agree and was willing to pay him pretty good for his age. Kid's got talent.

Lansbury - Most of our finances went towards liberating Kenny from Tottenham, and it worked out well for us.

Seminario - Liberated this gem of a defender from Anderlecht who immediately became a starting center back. Probably has a decade to give.

Outgoing

Merry - Probably our best youth product... ever. Its not saying much though. He ended up at Fleetwood playing in the Blue Square Bet North. Might be good enough for Blue Square Premier one day... definitely not Forest Green Material.

Gibson - Tried to sell the goalkeeper but was able to get a decent loan fee for him.

Guildford - Figured someone wanted a low end midfielder thats home grown in England... no one wants to buy, but Middlesborough had him on loan.

Kamga - 3.7 Million for him is good as he had no future on the team.

Faure - Went to Southampton for a relatively cheap 750k. He played well and the now 35 year old is retiring next month.

Martin Jones - Another home grown english midfielder who gets no love except for over expensive loans...

Alexis Francois - Went to France for 500k. The 35 year old scored 11 goals for the League 1 Outfit.

We spent 34.5 Million on 2 players really, and sold 5 for 5 million.

The Squad - the squad is stronger than ever, no real weaknesses on the team... just the desire to get even better.

World Club Championship - 2 Solid wins for the best team on the Planet...

Champions League Table - We had a much harder road to the Finals then FCP...

English Premier League Table - #1

English FA Cup - Yes we won.

Capital One Cup - Yes the trend is, We won.

Key Players

Kenny Lansbury - Our 23 year old English Striker had a great season. In 39 appearances he scored 29 Goals with 11 Assists with 7 POMs His average rating was 7.76. He'll be around awhile at this rate.

Augusto Luna - Our 25 year old Argentinian Striker did well this season. In 37 appearances he scored 27 goals, converted a penalty, had 10 assists and had 5 POMs. Safe to say he'll be around here awhile.

Boquita - The 24 year old brazilian is going back to the midfield... on paper he looks to be a strong striker. In practice... not so good. In 41 matches he scored 14 with 14 assists and 2 POMs. For Brazil he scored 1 goal in 16 caps... enough said! Back to being a midfielder.

Paupol Lavie - Our 24 year old Belgian international is one of the best players on the team. In 41 matches he scored twice, with 8 assists and 2 POMs. His average rating is 7.66. Just signed a new contract keeping him here thru 2042, we're all set.

Jaba Gogatishvili - Our 26 year old Georgian international had a tough time injury wise. He still played in 33 matches, scoring 9 goals with 13 assists with 4 POMs and was 5/5 in penalties with an average rating of 7.54. Great hardworking player.

Pierre Lefebvre - Our 24 year old french defender is one of the best. In 41 matches he scored 7 headers with 5 POM performances... with an average rating of 7.79. Can't believe Manchester United sold him, can't believe I only pay him 60k/week

Juan Carlos Seminario -The 22 year old Peruvian defender came from Anderlecht for only 9 Million. In 37 matches he scored twice with 3 POM honors... He had an average rating of 7.89. Big future ahead of him.

Torhout

Belgian Pro League - At least they got 2nd place.

Europa League - Torhout Lost to eventual champions Barcelona.

Thoughts

Sad that we could of won everything and the last match of the season we lost it.

A few 21 and unders will have to be registered or sold this coming season so we could have a small exodus of players.

Be interesting to see what is out there to buy in terms of players...

Archived