FM 13 - From Minnows to Champions!

JerseyShoreDave

Win and build the club... I want the best facilities, best youth coming in, dominate the EPL and Champions League... become the top Manager of all time... beat Manchester United in Sponsorship Money... bigger stadium.... And who knows what happens with it all. Maybe if I get things as good as they get and leave and go to maybe Iceland again as I enjoyed playing there... or maybe Switzerland... or heck I could do MLS at the end... but it'll take awhile to get everything here world class just like Sir Alex did... it takes a bit of time. I'm still small compared to the other clubs... I don't know if I am front runners next season.

You say MLS like it's the place where old managers go to die! ;)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You say MLS like it's the place where old managers go to die! ;)

Being an American who has Managed in the lower Leagues of American Soccer agree with that statement! I know too many good coaches and even managers who became MLS coaches and other staff... just disappear off the face of the planet. First I need to make the Green Army the New Manchester United... and make Ferguson the #2 manager of all time... lol And don't you die before making Vancouver the richest club on the planet!

Forest Green - Preseason Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

England won the world cup over Italy 1-0

Brazil got knocked out in the first round... this match says it all...

When England won the World Cup... they set the new record for worst discipline... only 18 yellow cards and 2 red cards...

We are the 11th top club in Europe

EPL odds puts in a tie with Manchester United at 3-1. Media Predicts 5th...

Manchester United wants me

We had our training camp again in China.

In our season expectations we went for title challenge.

Preseason Fixtures:

ForestGreen2034-2035PreseasonFixtures.png

vs. Fenerbahce - Great match against the second best Turkish club, total domination... Many of our new players excelled.

vs. Galatasaray - Used a different lineup and we achieved a victory against the best Turkey has to offer. We did well.

vs. Bogang - Pushing our merchandise in China we played a weak club and showed off.

vs. Locomotive - Played a popular chinese club and won the match with a solid win.

vs. AC Ajaccio - Went to Corsica and rested a bit, took in some sun and ladies... who almost distracted us too much... but we still won 3-2.

vs. AS Nancy Lorraine - Solid 5-0 victory for the French League 1 club. I am thrilled with how its all coming together.

vs. SLB - Our only Home friendly and we won it solidly over tough Portuguese opposition.

Thoughts

Winning both the Premier League and Champions League has taken us to the next level in terms of recruitment... I'm amazed how much money we got for some players... We'll be tweaking our team till the last minute at this rate.

Pre-season looks like it was fruitful :thup:

Well pre season was almost a disaster as our first choices were all too busy... so we had to settle for lame chinese clubs for the camps... The Turkish clubs were good to us though, decent competition, the French were good too, and SLB offered to come to England so why not.

Forest Green - August Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

Season ticket sales went from 6262 to 8110.

August Fixtures:

ForestGreen2034-2035AugustFixtures.png

vs. Liverpool - Community Shield - Solid match by our boys... Andy was a late substitute in and got a goal as well.

vs. Manchester City - They only spent 146 Million on incoming players and sold 90 million worth... plus they outbid me on 3 players so it felt good to show those players who went to them for the money... that Forest Green win Silverware.

vs. West Brom - Our 2 new starting strikers scored in this match, we should of scored many more but West Brom can defend quite well...

With 2 matches played... we're in second place because our goal differential is 1 less then Manchester United... We're in the race.

ForestGreen2034-2035AugustTable.png

Champions League Draw - We got AZ Alkamaar from Holland, Leverkusen from Germany, and Bela Krajina from Slovenia... I've been notified its an easy group... I am not worried about qualification out of this group, but Leverkusen could cause problems as they're definitely the toughest team.

New Kit sponsorship deal worth 625k/year.

Our midfielder Paupol Lavie is the August Player of the Month

That Champions League draw has been lenient on you. Leverkusen could be problems, but qualification should be fine.

First time that FM13 told me I got an easy group in anything was with this draw...

I think you are gonna dominate again this season

I may or may not... just remember some clubs spend like this:

ForestGreen2034-2035Manchestercityspending.png

They sold off 90 million in players who wanted Champions League/Europa League cause they didn't win a cup or get high enough in the league so they rebuilt the squad spending 146 million on new players.

Forest Green - September Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

Champions League Odds are 10-1

ForestGreen2034-2035SeptembersFixtures.png

vs PSG - 2 quick strikes from PSG made us loose this one, including a strike from Felipe Gonzalez whom I managed at Torhout. We took one back but it wasn't enough.

vs. Liverpool - Luna scored in the 1st minute but we couldn't get anything else going... Liverpool at the time was 20th in the league, we still got the 3 points.

vs. Leverkusen - Champions League Group B - Leverkusen came to win, we scored twice early... afterwards Leverkusen took control... it was Raul's 30 meter strike in the 82nd that got us the victory.

vs. Nottingham Forest - Capital One Cup 3rd Round - Both Young playrs of the future... Savage and Vagner scored over the Championship side. Our backup squad is pretty nice.

vs. Everton - They only spent 47.5 million in the summer for new players... and they kept us to a 1-1 draw. We couldn't break their defense except when we got the lucky penalty kick.

vs. Aston Villa - Solid win, our 2 new starting strikers getting the job done.

We're in in second place, 3 points behind Manchester United, having played 1 game less.

ForestGreen2034-2035SeptembersTable.png

Thoughts

A lot of players been getting hurt here and there, some guys just came back. Colin has been out for a while with a torn Hamstring so our strikeforce is suffering for it. All in all once we gel it'll be the toughest team Forest Green ever fielded.

Forest Green - October Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Chelsea - Solid match against Chelsea, the worst part was our finishing... besides that we played very well.

vs. Bela Krajina - Champions League Group B - First half we dominated... second half we slacked off a bit and they scored, solid 3 points.

vs. Fulham - We scored in the 21st, they pegged us back in the 23rd... we couldn't get the winning goal..

vs. Tottenham - We had all kinds of problems in this match, we were comprehensively dominated.

vs. AZ - We didn't have the best day in Holland, AZ came to play and they scored in the 6th, it took till almost half time to tie it up and then the second half we were on the receiving end, we were lucky to get the tie.

vs. Arsenal - The return of Colin after being out about 3 months was a boost as we dominated Arsenal. Colin even scored in the 64th.

vs. Manchester United - Capital One Cup - 4th Round - Our board doesn't care about the cup therefore we left it up to our backup boys and they failed.

In the EPL we're in 2nd place, 3 points out of first place.

ForestGreen2034-2035OctoberTable.png

We now have average training and youth facilities

We're planning new facilities to be finished in about a year.

We're planning new youth facilities to be finished in about a year.

Our Youth level increased.

Once again Paupol Lavie is the EPL Young Player of the Month

Forest Green - November Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035NovemberFixtures.png

vs. Newcastle - Newcastle got the best of us here, we couldn't do much... another poorly played match.

vs. AZ - Champions League Group B - solid home win for us, where all 3 goalscorers are midfielders in this match...

vs. Coventry - Lame 1-0 victory... we got the goal then sat back... was a bad day for a goal.

vs. Southampton - This is what this team should do... it was the performance I want for every match...

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - We scored early... then played like crap in the second half.... ending up in a tie.

vs. Watford - Our ex player Vladimir got Watford the win...

vs. Leverkusen - We're in the knockout round of the Champions League, this was a wonderful match.

We are in second place still, 8 points behind 1st place Manchester United.

ForestGreen2034-2035NovemberTable.png

Dahlen is the Norwegian Player of the Year!

Still going great guns.

Other than not being in 1st place, we're fine...

Notice in the first month, you said injuries were hurting you. Looks like you've been able to manage the squad well :thup:

Injuries and tiredness are part of man management... and its sucked this year lol. But as you'll see in the update we've gained ground.

Forest Green - December Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035DecemberFixtures.png

vs. West Ham - Come back from behind tie from the backup team... expected better though.

vs. Bela Krajina - Champions League Group B - Rivero got a hat trick! Easy match that we rightfully dominated.

vs. ES Tunis - Club World Cup Semifinals - In the Quarterfinals they knocked out the LA Galaxy, so then they got us... we dominated the match, only our finishing was off. Rivero for the brace.

vs. Guangzhou - Club World Cup Finals - Its held in China, and this Chinese team knocked off Al-Itthad of Saudi Arabia.... then it knocked off Flamengo.... and now it met us. They scored in the 23rd minute from a corner kick. They kept us going until Yannick finally tied it up in the 65th but we remained tied after 90 minutes. Rivero got injured in the match... In literally 55 seconds of extra time Luna scored... and then in the 117th minute he did again to insure us winning the World Club Championship!

vs. Cardiff - We come home from Beijing and have to play a League match just 3 days after being declared the top club in the world.... and with quite a few modifications we did just that. all 3 midfielders scored in this match. We did quite well considering.

vs. Stoke - With just 3 days off we put possibly the weakest team we could and still got a tie... Vagner our young Striker had the honor of getting us the point in the 80th.

vs. Manchester United - They've been first place all season so we needed to knock them down a bit. In the 65th our Polish midfielder Kusnierz got the job done nicely. Was too tight to call and anyone could of won it... we DID win it...

vs. Manchester City - They sacked a manager cause he was in 8th place after just hiring him in the summer... 8th place at that moment was only 3 points before me... like I want to join that impatient lot... We scored twice in 3 minutes in the first half... in the 40th they took one back. We ended up going 5-3-2 and ride out the win due to our strikers being too tired...

In the EPL we're still in second place... we're behind by 5 points and played 1 less match, we're doing better.

ForestGreen2034-2035DecemberTable.png

Manchester City wants me...

Champions League Group B - As expected.

Champions League Knockout Round

World Club Championship Tree

I got 2 guys coming in, a stronger defender, and an awesome brazilian midfielder/striker both on relatively cheap release clauses. I don't think the club is giving xfer money for the winter, at least they haven't yet.

Forest Green...top club in the world. Odd to say! :D

We're in the discussion, we're not #1 in the world... yet :)

The Manchester clubs are almost always going to be a pain, though City's massive spending hasn't helped them.

Well in the winter time Everton spent 60 million+ so its not just them. Manchester City goes thru managers now like hell... Their stadium is called Mancini Arena cause he basically had a decade on the top. Manchester United didn't spend much and have a class team. Manchester City spent a ton and tread no water. Not that I didn't buy and sell players to upgrade the squad... I did... I brought in 78 million worth of players but I also sold 68 million thru the end of January. I still couldn't compete salary wise with the 2 Manchester clubs either. Manchester City now has Roma's manager who really didn't accomplish much either... I think I wrote when they fired their last manager they were in 8th, I was in 2nd... points wise there was 3 points separating us all... I want a challenge either way, and it is... we've been 2nd or worse all season so we still haven't broken the dominance, but this season we made significant changes that may take awhile till we see the full fruits off.

Forest Green - January Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. Aston Villa - This started out as a slugfest until we went into high gear.. at half time we led 3-2... but second half we were able to hang on and score 2 more while Villa... just got their asses kicked.

vs. Aldershot - FA Cup 3rd Round - Blue Square Bet Premier - A 6-0 rout... including a brace for Payton. One of the best matches the 2nd team has played and got us into the 4th Round nicely.

vs. Middlesborough - Our first team matched the second team by scoring their own 6-0 win. A hat trick from Luna topped it off, we were winning 3-0 after 10 minutes speaks for itself. We worked very hard and did well.

vs. West Brom - This should of been a rout, West Brom is in 20th place... but played us a lot better then that. I think it was worth dropping 2 points to rest players.

vs. Liverpool - Another great win for the team, nice to see Colin get a brace. Liverpool is stuggling quite badly.

vs. Chelsea - Another top English club played our ragged 1st team and we came back for a tie in the 91st... 1 point is better then no points.

vs. Barrow - FA Cup 4th Round - Npower League 1 - Should of been a bigger win but our team pulled out a victory to get us into the 5th round.

vs. Everton - Tight match, got a red card, and Rivero pulled out the victory in the 89th... Bigger win then most who read this probably think.

We are solidly in 2nd place, just 3 points behind Manchester United... plenty of matches to catch up.

ForestGreen2034-2035JanuaryTable.png

Planned Stadium Expansion - we'll go to 33,554 seats...

Young Boys Count the Money - Looks like a Maltese businessman has bought Young Boys of Switzerland and will stop at Nothing to ensure they become one of the greatest forces in Domestic and Continental Football... I welcome the Challenge!

Thoughts

We got some good new players and moved some old ones on. I didn't like to sell some players cause they were good players but we replaced them with classy better players. We even Lured a great English defender too boost our English trained squad which was and still is lacking.

Forest Green - February Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. Fulham - Solid win for our team, we limited Fulham's shots on goal to just 1.

vs. Arsenal - We rested a few players in the last match, since we'd only get 3 days in between matches... and it didn't help. We got scored upon twice early in the match, we pulled one back in the 56th, but never found our rythym.

vs. Tottenham - 5 days rest makes a difference as we comprehensively destroyed Tottenham 5-1... we gave up a goal in the 85th but it was too little too late. Great victory over a tough team.

vs. Everton - FA Cup 5th Round - Everton scored first, 2 minutes later we scored in the 21st... then they scored in the 25th... and at half time we were down 2-1... then their goalkeeper deflected a goal in... we got a penalty in the 75... and then the 77th on the breakaway we got one more just to be safe. Great match considering Everton hasn't lost a match in the new year.

vs. Valencia - Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 1 - Valencia came out to fight and got a goal fast in the 9th minute. We battled more but our defense held firm, into the second half we slowly found our stride and tied it up in the 79 after which we rode it out in a 5-3-2 where we almost got the win...

vs. Newcastle - We ended up getting fined 25k for getting 6 yellow cards in this match. It was bad enough that we got 2 red cards in the match... Worse performance on every level

In the table we're still in second place 9 points behind Manchester United.

ForestGreen2034-2035FebruaryTable.png

Interesting thing of nearly no significance but our 18 and unders manager took on the Nigeria job like 6 years ago... he just resigned. I found it interesting is all. Ajose quits Nigeria Post

Ouch...that Newcastle game sounds like is was a bit disheartening. Hope that you can rebound next month.

It was a match where everything that could go wrong did, 2 red cards, 2 injuries that are 4-6 weeks... could've been worse I suppose.

Yikes, this isn't looking good for you now. Hopefully half of man utd team get injured :D

Its going to be tight, we got back a few points at least from Man Utd.

Forest Green - March Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035MarchFixtures.png

vs. Coventry - Solid performance, Luna getting a first half hat trick is nice... second half we didn't score but we didn't give anything up either so it was a good feeling.

vs. Northampton - FA Cup 6th Round - Npower Championship - They've been doing quite poorly this season, could still get relegated to League 1... they played our B team and lost. It was a solid match for us, except for scoring.

vs. Valencia - Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 2 at home - Their manager was blabbering crap about how we're not the real deal... Well considering I have a 17 year old English kid in goal... we've been doing quite well thank you. 3 players got braces... We dominated against a team who beat Real Madrid and Barcelona... I hope their manager hates me more. It was a game that I pushed hard... expecially in the second half... I know I left the defense a bit open, but oh well. 7 is what mattered...

vs. Southampton - Solid match to end our month. Had a few players return from injury for this one so we're happy with how they did. Dahlen and Garcia scored on their return... can't complain there.

A great month of all wins keeps us in 2nd place down by 7 points. 7 games remaining in the season.

ForestGreen2034-2035MarchTable.png

Champions League Quarterfinals - Some nice matches here... big spenders PSG are next on my list.

Look at Torhout, in the quarterfinals of the Europa League... they can beat Milan.

22 of our players representing their countries... 4 representing England!

Rivero our Uruguayan international got injured... broken foot... out 3-4 months... in the last month we had 5 players return from injury, now we have 2. wish it wasn't a striker though...

Forest Green - April Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035AprilFixtures.png

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - We played our back up side and Andy got a hat trick!

vs. PSG - Champions League Quarter Finals, Leg 1 at home - PSG scored in the 1st minute, but then we took over and slowly dominated and Colin ended up with a brace and we had a lead going into the second leg.

vs. Manchester United - FA Cup Semi Final - We were outplayed in this 3-2 encounter, Andy getting a brace of Penalty kicks... We had to put a weak team up to ensure victory in the Champions League... took a chance and failed.

vs. PSG - Champions League Quarter Finals Leg 2 away - Tough match, Luna tied it up in the 82 but we had a 2 goal lead in the first match that ensured victory.

vs. West Ham - Solid match, we continued playing well in this encounter. It took a bit to break down West Ham.

vs. Watford - Thrilled with this match which saw us getting 13 shots on goal and 65% possession. Yeah we were rough in the back as our goalie caused a Penalty kick but so is life.

vs. Cardiff - Our B team won in a solid match against lower end competition.

May is the end of the season. We're in 2nd place, 5 points behind Manchester United... We have 3 matches left in the EPL. Middlesborough, Stoke, and last Manchester United.

ForestGreen2034-2035AprilTable.png

Champions League Semifinals - We take on FCP, Ajax vs Real Madrid

Europa League Semifinals - Torhout vs PSV.... Torhout has a chance to make the finals!

Forest Green - May Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

ForestGreen2034-2035MayFixtures.png

vs. FCP - Champions League Semifinal at home, leg one - Solid win at home as we destroyed FCP.

vs. Middlesborough We fought to victory nicely using our backup squad and it worked.

vs. FCP - Champions League Semifinal away, leg two - Another solid victory away from home that gets into the Finals!

vs. Stoke - Solid win as we prep for the last match of the season against Manchester United.

vs. Manchester United - Its simple win this match and win the Premier League by 1 point, or lose the Premier League by 5 points and claim second. We got our asses kicked plain and simple....

Final Table

ForestGreen2034-2035MayTable.png

Notice Liverpool getting relegated, never seen that...

As part of our preseason we'll be in a Friendly club, we first meet Newcastle, winner of that match plays either West Brom or Bayern Munich in the final.

Next update will simply be the Champions League Final.

Forest Green - Season End Summary - English Premier League - 2034-2035 Season

Shareholders steal 7 million...

New Sponsorship deals - Every little bit counts, we needs 10s of millions more to match Manchester United...

Initial Budgets - Could always be worse...

Stadium Expansion construction begins - Expansion is needed and welcome... bring the money!

Youth and Training Facilities Upgrading - This is important work that will get the most from our Youth and Senior squads

Full EPL Table - The table is as it should be IMO. Chelsea sucks now, and Watford is surviving these days. The biggest surprise is seeing Liverpool getting relegated. They're going to lose most of their team... this could be crushing for them, we'll see. I do feel comfortable with 2nd as its the result we deserved.

Champions League Tree - for me its an interesting cup this time... In the first round the only upset was Leverkusen beating Barcelona... which in my save is huge. In the quarterfinals Ajax beating Leverkusen is huge as Leverkusen is a great team... FCP Beating Bayern is another shock for me. In the Semis Ajax beating Real Madrid was a stunner.... and FCP falling to me 8-1 in aggregate was a bit weak on their part. Ajax in the final played hard thru 90 minutes, but in the extra 30 we scored 3x...

Europa Cup Tree - Was a cool tournament, 2nd Knockout round showed some pleasant surprises... Southampton over Everton... Kyiv over Shakhtar, as well as Standard over Sporting... Quarter Finals seeing Torhout knocking off AC Milan 5-3 on aggregate put a smile to my face... Kyiv beating Schalke 7-2 was another shock. Only other shock came in the Semis as Kyiv beat Chelsea in the semis and that they made a great match with PSV in the finals.

FA Cup Tree - United had one of those seasons...

Capital One cup - Deja Vu... United had one of those Seasons

Belgian Pro League - Torhout finished 4th, perhaps the manager's performance in the Europa League will spare him a sacking.

The Finances - 21 million in the bank!

The Transfers -

Incoming:

We got Alex Guildford back on a free from Celtic he was cheap, english and home grown... From Boca we snapped up one of their strikers for 12.5 million... future star striker for us. Raul we got on a free from Malaga a star Uruguayan striker. We got 2 irrelevant free transfers to add depth. We got a nice defenders cheap in Vazquez and Garcia. Got a leading polish midfielder for 12 million, got the future of English Goalkeeping at the age of 17 for 7.5 million from West Brom. In January we got another nice english defender from chelsea for 5 million... got a brazilian named Boquita from spartak moscow for his release clause of 5.5.. a hybrid midfielder/striker can prove to be critical in the future. We got a great English defender from Liverpool for a fair price, Jocelyn looks good to go. We got a backup goalkeeper as well for 350k as both our other backups were hurt at the time. We then added brian wilson who ended up injured for most of the season... The last 2 are obviously for this coming season, and italian defender on a free and a young Englishman man Dmitriy... We bought minus our last 2 purchases about 78 million in new players, but remember we also sold 68 million.

Outgoing:

Bill left on a free because he's only League 1 material and we couldn't pawn him off even for 0. He was a disappointment for us, he currently plays for Milwall in League 1. We sold our Iranian Striker to Anderlecht for 4.8 million. Our Serbian Striker went to Watford for 8.75... he ended up scoring on us. Kamga went first on loan to Nottham forest but when he wasn't getting playing time we ended up sending him to Coventry. Pedraso the 3rd string English National Team Goalie was sold to Sporting for 12.75 million... good riddens. Our Romanian Midfielder Adrian didn't have a spot on the team anymore with the new aquisitions and ended up selling him to Newcastle for 4.1 Million. Tottenham out of blue made a 15.25 million bid for Gary Speck who is a decent Midfielder/defender which we happily accepted. We have some players that went on loan for a bit of money... Our estonian midfielder has been stalked by Napoli for awhile so when the bid finally came... we accepted the 11.5 million. Our polish fullback was sold to SLB for 11 million, not that I wanted to but when we got the bid, I went for it as there are players better than him. I'm happy overall with the sales and loans.

The Squad - Our team is strong and has some good depth. Obviously players will be bought with about a 20 million budget to play with, and with players coming back from loan we'll be rebalancing the team and seeing what needs to beefed up and just handle it. Manchester United won too much Silverware that should be ours.

Key Players

Many Players did well this season, had some injuries but that happens...

Paupol Lavie - the 22 year old Belgian midfielder had a great year. He's really come into his own as a great player. In 41 appearances the midfielder scored 4 times and made 12 assists with 5 POM honoers and an Average rating of 7.85. He was named the Champions League's Best Player!

Augusto Luna - Our 23 year old Argentinian Striker had a wonderful year up front. In 45 appearances he scored 35 goals with 10 assists and 4 POM with an average rating of 7.59. He got the Golden Boot in the European Champions League. I see him only getting better in time.

Grant Dick - Our 18 year old Goalkeeper had a good first year, and I'm sure having him over last years keeper caused us not too win as much since he is younger but he didn't do bad... in 53 appearances he conceded 54 goals, had 17 clean sheets and had an average rating of 7.01. He's got a bright future.

Raul Rivero - Our 30 year old Uruguayan did well, unfortunately he had a few injuries, including being out for another 3-6 weeks for a broken foot. He played 33 matches scoring 23 goals with 10 assists and 4 POMs for an average rating of 7.53. Unless we get another striker in, he'll be part of the starting strikeforce.

Claude Colin - Our 32 year old french striker had a bad year with injuries... hope it isn't a trend for him... however when he did play, he did great in 30 appearances he played 30 times scoring 18 goals with 13 assists and 4 POM honors with an average rating of 7.61. I hope he can play more matches next season.

Ole Erik Dahlen - Whenever a striker couldn't play he was called upon to play.. in 39 appearances he scored 15 goals with 16 assists with 1 POM honor and an average rating of 7.29. With the playing time he got he should've performed better IMO.

Andy Payton - Seems like he's slowly dropping in quality as he ages, he did well considering I'm under the assumption he's getting to the point of not being good enough for the league. He did play 21 times this past season he scored 11 times, was 4/4 on penalties, had 4 assists and 2 POM performances, but his Average rating was only 7.10... He did do well in the cup matches he played in, but that was against lesser competition. He'll have a marginal role in the future.

Yannick Faure - Our 33 year old French Midfielder is still finding a decent amount of time on the pitch and performing pretty well. He made a total of 34 appearances scoring an amazing 10 goals for a midfielder, converting 2/2 penalties with 10 assists and 2 POM honors and a average rating of 7.47. In the Champions League he averaged a 7.68 rating... Not sure he's going to get the same playing time unless other midfielders get hurt again.

Jaba Gogatishvili - Our 24 year old Georgian midfielder had a mixed year scarred with some injuries. He played in 32 matches, scoring 5 goals, was 3/3 on penalties, had 11 assists with 1 POM honor. His average rating was 7.48... In the Champions League he averaged 7.93... not bad. He's a great player who is still just going to get better.

Diego Garcia - The 25 year old Paraguayan midfielder/defender had a great year. In 47 matches he scored 3 goals with 2 assists and 9 POM. Average rating of 7.81. We use him more as a defender and he's doing well for us. I love players with versatility so its all good.

Thoughts

The season wasn't a total disaster, it was consolidating our position as one of the top English teams, for now Manchester United is the standard bearer, hopefully we can break that yearly. Adding 14k in seats to our stadium along with our training facilities for both youth and first team is yet another step to achieving my goal of making the club viable w/out me one day... I don't forsee that day coming anytime soon. This is my 10th season with the club and we accomplished a lot. We need a few straight seasons of winning the English Premier League and hopefully a few more European Titles to up our reputation and get more sponsorship money. Not sure if I'll make the Premier League our first Priority or still make it the Champions League, when to be honest I find the Champions League easier the the Premier League. With Liverpool's demise I'm hoping to maybe get a player or 2 of theirs... I need more good homegrown English trained players.

Forest Green - Preseason Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

European Club Rankings - We are Third in Europe.

Season Expectations - Title Challenge

New 5 year contract @ 75,000/week

Season Tickets went from 8110 to 11,506.

Champions League Group B - We're in a group against PSV, Dinamo, and Stjarnan. Might be the weakest group Forest Green had the honor of winning.

ForestGreen2035-2036PreseasonFixtures.png

vs. MLS All-Stars - Finally they had they wanted to play the best... both sides fought hard in the first half... took us till the 47th to score... In the second half we scored twice within 13 minutes before we woke up the ALL-STARS and they scored i the 83rd... little too late boys... the European Champions are victorious.

vs. Newcastle - Friendly Cup semis- We hosted a friendly Cup that included us, Newcastle, Bayern Munich, and West brom. In the semi's we dominated Newcastle 3-0. It was won at half time and in the second half we maintained control. Bayern won their match 3-1.

vs. FC Bayern - Freindly Cup Finals - since the matches happened one day after the other we had to use our B team against Bayern and it worked. We took a 3-1 lead by half time, second half Bayern struck early and we held them off and even counter attacked. At the end though got our 4th goal in the 83rd sealing up the 4-2 victory.

vs. Manchester United - Community Shield - I'm speechless, the defeat is massive...

vs. Wolves - We got the win, but barely. We didn't play well but we got 3 points.

vs. Everton - Much better performance where the whole team played well, definitely a confidence builder.

vs. PSV - Another 4-1 victory that showed our midfielders can score like our strikers, it was the performance of the month for the club, great way to end the month.

In the Standings after 2 matches we are second place, with 1 goal less in goal differential... only have 36 more matches!

ForestGreen2035-2036AugustStandings.png

Preseason Thoughts

Other then the Manchester United loss we did great. We got a new good midfielder and a new defender and few secondary players to round out the squad. We sold off a few players not worth of us anymore. We couldn't find that clutch player that could help us out... maybe the January xfer market will be better. 5 of my players not listed for transfers got offers, some of which were quite good... but I need good players more than money... Could be a long season fighting for 2nd place

Forest Green - September Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Fulham - Was tougher of a match then I expected. Came down to a penalty kick in the 82nd to win. Still got the 3 points but wow did Fulham fight.

vs. Stjarnan - Champions League Group B - The Icelandic Champions had a tough time with us, we took the lead in the 34th, then doubled it in the 38th. Early in the second half they got one back but in the 75th we put the game out of reach. Well played overall, the goal from the Icelandic striker was perfect.

vs. West Ham - Another battle that I think is directly due to 2/3 of our top midfielders are hurt... either way Martin Jones got the winner in the 93rd... too close for me...

vs. Watford - Resting our players for Arsenal I expected a little easier of a match.... Of course Vladimir scored on me again, and in the 83rd minute it went 3-3... can't complain.

vs. Arsenal - The Green Army had fun disarming the gunners. Was a solid match all around, the match of the month for us..

In the League, We're currently in 2nd place tied on points and 4 goal differentials behind Manchester United. The top 5 are pretty much the best in English Football at the moment. All are challenging for at best 3rd place IMHO.

ForestGreen2035-2036SeptemberTable.png

Champions League Odds - 10-1

Forest Green - October Summary - English Premier League - 2035-2036 Season

ForestGreen2035-2036OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Dinamo - Champions Cup Group B - tougher match match then it should of been but we won.

vs. Manchester United - A good match, we lost by the single goal... it happens.

vs. Manchester United - Capital One Cup 3rd Round - Close match.... we tied it on the 92nd... they won it on the 93rd of injury time...

vs. Southampton - Just 2 days after the Capital One cup... we have to play Southampton and it as good as we could considering... 1-0 Victory is great under the circumstances.

vs. PSV - Champions League Group B - Only had 5 substitutes instead of 7 due to injuries, but it didn't matter, Another 3 points in the Champions League are ours!

vs. Middlesborough - Just 3 days after PSV we played Middlesborough and it wasn't bad... We dominated the match in the first half, and coasted to victory in the second half... it was a solid performance.

In the EPL we're still second, we have the same number of points as Manchester United but have 6 less in goal differential.

ForestGreen2035-2036OctoberTable.png

Youth and Training facilities have been upgraded!

This is how are Facilities are right now.

Thoughts

We currently have a negative balance, I think from the costs of expanding the Stadium, We're going have to have to wait a bit to continue to upgrade our facilities until we have more cash

Archived