FM 13 - From Minnows to Champions!

JerseyShoreDave

Nice start but it sees Torhout are a stepping stone for managers. I think you should also include the facilities,stadium size,club reputation ranking and the co-efficient ranking of the league etc I wanna see how the club and the league is doing in comparison to other clubs and leagues.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest Green - September Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

ForestGreen2029-2030SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Stoke - We played well, could of won the match if we had a bit more luck.

vs. Tottenham - Andy Payton is awesome, could of won this match too, a shame.

vs. Everton - Andy got the Consolation goal... We got destroyed by Everton.

vs. Bristol City - Our former Parent Club thats now in the Championship who never lent us 1 player... this win felt good.

vs. Chelsea - They scored as if we weren't even there...

We dropped to 16th place, 3 points ahead of relegation.

ForestGreen2029-2030SeptemberTable.png

Nice start but it sees Torhout are a stepping stone for managers. I think you should also include the facilities,stadium size,club reputation ranking and the co-efficient ranking of the league etc I wanna see how the club and the league is doing in comparison to other clubs and leagues.

General Information on Torhout

Torhout Stadium - exactly the same as I left it...

Belgian League is ranked 13.

Torhout's Reputation - 4 stars

Forest Green - October Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

ForestGreen2029-2030OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Manchester City - Another 4-0 Loss to a vastly superior team.

vs. Newcastle - A surprise win, Newcastle isn't as tough as expected.

vs. Nottingham Forest - A good win, I thought I was able to win and we did early and held on to victory.

vs. Chelsea - Capital One 4th Round... They didn't play their A team and we got the lucky strike and held on.

We're in 11th place, 7 points out of relegation.

ForestGreen2029-2030OctoberTable.png

Guildford is again Young Player of the Month

Forest Green - November Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

ForestGreen2029-2030NovemberFixtures.png

vs. Coventry - tight match considering Coventry is in relegation territory... but we pulled off the win! It was a good match.

vs. Brighton - Shame that Brighton came back from behind for the tie, but still a good result.

vs. Barnsley - Other then Barnsley getting a goal, we pretty much dominated this match.

vs. Southampton - One of those special matches against a relegation team... Shoai got the hat trick but still wasn't enough...

We're currently in 8th place... 10 points out of relegation.

ForestGreen2029-2030NovemberTable.png

We're in takeover talks...

Have Torhout increased in value since you left ?

Screenshot of guildford please and what role do you play him in ?

When I left Torhout was worth 65 million, now its worth 43.5 million...

Alex Guildford normally plays Advanced Playmaker out of the Midfield, this is his 4th year at the club.

ForestGreen2029-2030AlexGuildford.png

Forest Green - December Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

Change of Season Expectations - Avoid relegation is giving me about 2 million more then I currently have for transfers and 25k more in salary then I currently have, and I'm very confident of avoiding relegation but not much else. Not even sure if i'm diving into the transfer market. I had an opportunity last month to sign a very good midfielder but talks fell apart as we couldn't negotiate something reasonable.

We have a new Chairman, his name is Chris Tucker. He's not providing any money, although initially it was promised he would.... at least the transfer hold is lifted and there's no drama

Over in Belgium, Torhout is in 4th place in the League and there are calls for Guardiola to be sacked... He changed the team so much that it would be nuts to ditch him now...

December Fixtures

ForestGreen2029-2030DEcemberFixtures.png

vs. Liverpool - Got the lucky strike in the 93rd minute, for the lucky tie

vs. Wolves - Capital One Cup Quarter Final - Solid win over fellow Premiership opposition, it was great showing.

vs. Arsenal - We lost to a great team, got a consolation goal, but was expected.

vs. Fulham - I thought we could of gotten a tie, but they kicked our butts and doing quite well overall.

vs. Manchester United - Did very well, lost 2-1 but we fought the entire time.

vs. Swansea - Solid 3-1 victory vs. Relegation contenders Shoai got a nice brace in that match.

vs. Wolves - Would of rather lost in the Capital One Cup then to loose to them in the League but that's life.

We are currently 12th place in the League 9 points ahead of relegation.

ForestGreen2029-2030DEcemberTable.png

Definitely a more difficult league, but surviving well.

Using my "big team" tactics to survive... lol

Not much stopping you on the way to the top!

It will take time, considering how top of the table is stacked...

What are your chances of wining the capital one cup and getting europa league football ?

None, Fulham knocked us out in the Semi-finals, was quite close.

Forest Green - January Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

The January Transfer market was very lame, got a good player at an inflated price as all my targets had problems getting work permits... lol

ForestGreen2029-2030JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. West Ham - The match that got away... 5-5.

vs. Plymouth - FA Cup 3rd Round - Npower League 1 team - Solid win, definitely can't complain... should've been a bigger win.

vs. Fulham - Capital One Cup Semifinal Leg 1 - at Fulham, We took the lead, they scored twice, we tied it up twice. Competitive match, glad we got a point out of it.

vs. Aston Villa - We should of won this... Aston Villa is a relgation team and we blew it.

vs. Stoke - We destroyed them, other then giving up a lame penalty kick, we kicked their ass. It was the match of the month at least.

vs. Fulham - Capital One Cup Semi final Leg 2 - at home. We just couldn't score, they got a goal late... and we're out of the Capital One Cup.

vs. Mansfield - FA Cup 4th Round - League 1 team. Solid 2-0 win. Win is a win.

vs. Everton - First Half was all us, second half was all them. Got a point which could become crucial.

We're in 10th place, 13 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2029-2030JanuaryTable.png

Forest Green - February Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

ForestGreen2029-2030FebruaryFixtures.png

vs. Tottenham - Perfect Match, each striker scored once. We outperformed them quite well.

vs. Chelsea - Tight match, can't complain with the performance, they were better.

vs. Manchester City - We played poorly, we were dominated.

vs. Manchester City - FA Cup 5th Round - We were competitive and played quite well... except we gave up 3 goals.

We are in 10th place, 12 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2029-2030FebruaryTable.png

The Stadium expansion is complete. Its now 12,500 seats.

Forest Green - March Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

ForestGreen2029-2030MarchFixtures.png

vs. Newcastle - The Andy Payton Hat trick along with a stellar defense made this match great for us.

vs. Coventry - First half was all us, second half was all Coventry... It helps their relegation battle.

vs. Brighton - Excellent 3-0 victory, Andy gets a brace, the whole team played great.

vs. Nottingham Forest - Other than Andy's brace we played crappy... bad enough to loose...

vs. Barnsley - We dominated and scored early and survived. We had hit the woodwork 4 times.

We are in 9th place, 15 points above relegation

ForestGreen2029-2030MarchTable.png

Payton is the English Premier League March Player of the Month

Forest Green - April Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

ForestGreen2029-2030AprilFixtures.png

vs. Liverpool - Got played off the field. Should've stayed home.

vs. Southampton - We fought in this match, and just let in 1 too many goals...

vs. Arsenal - Got the first goal, after 15 minutes we were outclassed in every way.

vs. Fulham - Got this first goal, after 15 minutes we were outclassed in every way... sound familiar?

We're in 11th place, 13 points out of Relegation, and mathematically we can't be relegated anymore.

ForestGreen2029-2030AprilTable.png

Guildford is the Young Player of the Month for April

Forest Green - May Update - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

Over in Belgium Guardiola is sacked...

AZ MAnager Robert Zwinkels is new manager

ForestGreen2029-2030MayFixtures.png

vs. Manchester United - We lost as expected, but scoring twice made it look better then it was.

vs. Wolves - Solid match for us that helped to relegate the Wolves.

vs. Swansea - For a relegated team they played hard.

We got 11th place in the League

ForestGreen2029-2030MayTable.png

Got 2 Swedes in the world cup!

Andy Payton is the 2nd best striker in the League!

Stadium Expansion - We're gaining another 147 seats!!!

Aww man good first season. Hopefully the money you get can be used in your facilities for some upgrades for you seriously need them.

Can get a screenshot of BPL top scorer and his ppms please ? Also what formation is city playing ?

Aww man good first season. Hopefully the money you get can be used in your facilities for some upgrades for you seriously need them.

Can get a screenshot of BPL top scorer and his ppms please ? Also what formation is city playing ?

Manchester City Tactics - Yes their Goalie is the goalie I used in Torhout, all grown up now.

Didier Petit - Generally regarded as the top striker on the planet.

Didier Petit Part 2.

Forest Green - Season Summary - English Premier League - 2029-2030 Season

English Premier League - Respectable 11th place.

FA Cup - Got knocked out in the 5th Round by Manchester City. Middlesborough defeated West Brom in the final 1-0. Middlesborough is a Championship side.

Capital One Cup - Lost to Fulham in the Semi Finals. Fulham defeated Manchester United in the final 1-0.

Finances - 40 million in the bank

The Squad - Needs some upgrading, many players are playing above their level, and we need Premiership players to make the run.

The Transfers - Got some good players in for not much cost. The work permit thing is driving me nuts in England... I guess every League has its downside.

Key Players

Daniel Caffrey - Our 23 year old Irish Striker became our third striker due to every other one turning out to be a dud. In 22 matches, he scored 11 times with 9 assists and 3 POM with an average rating of 7.30. Not sure if he'll be the third striker next year, but its possible.

Rankara Shoai - Our 29 year old Swedish striker had a great year as our number 2 striker he played in 43 matches, scoring 21 goals with 9 assists and 4 POMs. Looking forward to next year.

Andy Payton - Our 26 year old Irish striker had a great year, top striker/assist leader for the club... 2nd best striker and 2nd best assist man in the League. In 47 matches he scored 31 goals, with 17 assists and 5 POM honors with an average rating of 7.40.

Alex Guildford - Our 21 year old English Central midfielder has been in the press, and had several months of recognition through his play. In 38 matches he's scored a goal and made 6 assists with 1 POM honor. His average rating is 7.38. Yes he has 15 yellows but no reds. He's a star under my wing. Yes he's getting a new contract... he'll get paid more then 2,500 a week I assure you.

Graeme Caffrey - Our 23 year old Irish Goalkeeper we've had since I've managed the club is no longer going to be our top keeper. In 47 matches he conceded 85 goals, and had 11 clean sheets... Average rating of 6.70. The fan have turned on him and he's just not suited for this level.

Thoughts

The club brings in a good amount of money, now I just need to build a team that can actually get work permits... I've been targeting players as soon. How far I can get this season is directly proportional to the amount of money I can spend, assuming I can get the right players. I'd like to get into the Europa Cup but I'm unsure how realistic that is at this point.

Torhout - Season Summary - Belgian Pro League - 2029-2030 Season

Belgian Pro League - Torhout got third...

Belgian Cup - Lost in the 7th round to FC Brussels... what a joke.

Champions League Group F - got out of the group with a point to spare.

Champions League Knockout Phase - In the First Knockout Round at home Torhout defeated Arsenal 1-0, before going to Arsenal and giving up 3 goals...

Thoughts

Torhout has standards... win the league or get booted. Champions League Money is essential to the club to make that happen. Guardiola brought in a lot of new talent, hopefully they can be used to make a new winning team.

A decent showing in the league. You said you're having problems getting work permits for players? Is that due to the reputation of your club?

In England not just any player can come in and play, I believe it has to do with the player itself, like the more matches they play for their country the easier it is... or maybe someone else knows it better then I and then I'll prepare better in the future. I'm sticking to mostly EU talent at this point.

Forest Green - PreSeason Summary - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

World Cup - France defeated England 2-1 in the final.

Our MASSIVE 147 seat expansion is completed.

More Sponsorship money.... I'd love to be average... but we're pretty sad with sponsorship money at this point.

Profitable Year - 38 million!

Shareholders rob 14.25M from the club.

Odds that we win the Premiership are 2000-1. Media Prediction is 19th Place.

Season Expectations - Its not accurate as I had already spent 8 million. I chose to avoid relegation as its the most realistic to choose at this point.

Our Preseason Camp wasn't in England... We went to Andalucia Occdiental in Spain for preseason training.

Preseason Fixtures

ForestGreen2030-2031PreseasonFixtures.png

vs. Salamanca - Second Division Spanish League - We played alright, its a first preseason game and we won it.

vs. Albacete - Second Division Spanish League - Total domination in the 7-0 crushing.

vs. Cadiz - Liga Adelante - Total Domination in the 7-0 Crushing.

vs. Aldershot - Blue Square Bet South - Solid Victory, did give up a wondergoal in the first half, but in the second half we dominated, particularly in the last 15 minutes.

vs. Valladolid - At Home vs. a La Liga Club - Could of gone either way, but once again Andy Payton scores the winning goal. Was a great match for the fans at home, especially with the last minute victory.

Preseason Thoughts

Slowly building things up. Shored up a few weak areas, especially our 7.5 Million goalkeeper. I just can't raid Brazil/Argentina for players like I did in Belgium. Plus finding a lot of players that aren't Premiership quality is annoying as well. I believe we'll at least avoid relegation.

Forest Green - August Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

Season Ticket Sales are 4219 vs. 4169 last year.

ForestGreen2030-2031AugustFixtures.png

vs. Chelsea - Solid loss again.

vs. Liverpool - Not bad, not that good.

vs. Swindon - Capital One Cup 2nd Round - Npower League 1 team - Solid win against lesser competition.

vs. Aston Villa - Hit the woodwork 4 times in this match, we played very well.

Currently 12th place, 3 points above relegation with 3 points.

ForestGreen2030-2031AugustTable.png

Forest Green - September Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031SeptemberFixtures.png

vs. Manchester City - Awful match, outmatched in every way.

vs. Cardiff - Betters picked them over me to win even though they're suppose to end up last according to the media. Was a well played match by us. Cardiff fought hard.

vs. Newcastle - Capital One Cup 3rd Round... This was an epic match, went to overtime, was a great come back from behind victory for Newcastle.

vs. Arsenal - Ugh... awful

We're currently 14th, 2 points out of possible relegation

ForestGreen2030-2031SeptemberTable-1.png

Forest Green - October Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031OctoberFixtures.png

vs. Newcastle - Surprised Victory, not the best match... but its 3 points for us.

vs. Barnsley - Relegation candidates couldn't score on us... But neither could we... wasted points.

vs. Nottingham Forest - Another relegation candidate where we dropped points...

We're in 13th place, 5 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2030-2031OctoberTable.png

Youth Facilities being upgraded

Forest Green - November Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031November.png

vs. Fulham - Almost got a tie... but wasn't meant to be. We actually played well.

vs. Everton - Got a point vs. one of the top half teams. Well done.

vs. Manchester United - Gave up the 2nd goal in injury time...

vs. West Brom - When our new defender gets 2 headers in 2 minutes... it speaks for itself.

vs. Tottenham - real close, we actually had more shots on goal, but couldn't score.

vs. Stoke - Should've won the match.

In the table we're currently 13th place. 4 points above relegation. I don't think we'll get above 12th this season..

ForestGreen2030-2031NovemberTable.png

I've started over 20, but I haven't got into any of them. Most recent one got destroyed by a crash dump.

My game isn't for the faint of heart, most would lose. This is my most difficult job.

Good that you're keeping above trouble.

Thankfully I can burst out at times and get decent results... I can beat the bottom 10 teams 50% of the time which means I have a good shot at staying above water. Unfortunately this years intakes aren't producing well enough IMHO so far. We maybe weaker then we were last year.

Wow! Those are some expensive chairs! :D

Nothing but the best for the Executive Seating Lounge.

Forest Green - December Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

ForestGreen2030-2031DecemberFixtures.png

vs. Southampton - we started out the month with a huge victory, we played excellent to get the 3 points.

vs. Brighton - Again we scored early got a 3-0 lead, gave one up and before the end made it 4-1. We played wonderful.

vs. West Ham - We let 2 goals in early and couldn't come back from the deficit... only got 1 in.

vs. Sheffield Wednesday - Should've won this but the woodwork got in the way too much, we out played them, out shot them... out possessed them. 2 points lost

vs. Chelsea - Got the Penalty in the first minute, they got one back in the 17th... and we rode out their attack, got a point back.

vs. Liverpool - Should've gotten the point but couldn't hold on.

Everton Approached me on December 6th, then on December 7th Fulham approached me... both denied.

We start the new year in 14th place, up by 10 points above relegation

ForestGreen2030-2031DecemberTable.png

Trying to bring in a few good men, wish me luck...

Forest Green - January Update - English Premier League - 2030-2031 Season

I got 7 million handed to me by the board to spend on new players... :thup:

ForestGreen2030-2031JanuaryFixtures.png

vs. AFC Telford - FA Cup 3rd Round - Blue Square Bet Premier - We dominated with Shoai scoring 4 goals in the process... not sure how one of their crappy players managed a hat trick. Our new Midfielder Faure scored as well.

vs. Aston Villa - Another great win, the difference was our shooting was better then theirs. I'm pleased for those 3 points.

vs. Manchester City - We almost managed a tie but couldn't do it in the end. This was 4 days after the Aston Villa match so some players didn't play in this one.

vs. Stevenage - FA Cup 4th Round - NPower Championship Club - We outplayed them, out scored them. Another new player Gary Speck scored in the 90th minute.

vs. Arsenal - With only a 3 day break, I'm happy that we on our FA Cup match. Against Arsenal we weren't in top form. Its a match I'd rather forget.

In the league we're in 15th place, 8 points above relegation.

ForestGreen2030-2031JanuaryTable.png

Archived