How do I use/redeem the son generated unlockable?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Instead of creating a new thread I'll post in this one.

I've bought 4 items from the in game store with these being the following: ''No loan restrictions, all players being interested, no work permits and foreign influx''

I play the FMC mode, however I cannot for the life of me apply these to my savegame. I've checked the wallet, but nothing there. I have recived the receipt from steam confirming my order.

I've tried to reinstall the game, open steam with administrator rights and so on. I've also got community enabled in my steam profile.

I get several error messages from the store which ranging from error message 1028, error message 5000 or store cannot be loaded at this time.

Anyone got any clue as to how I can fix this? It's very frustrating :thdn:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
With the "son", does their PA reflect the youth setup of the team he is "generated" at, or is it completely random? I assume the former.

You'd be assuming correctly.

• Administrators
There is no store option when I click on FM Menu... Help?

You need to be in FMC for it to be available and unlockables are only available in FMC

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi

I have the nordic version of the game and im playing FMC but the "downloads" option under settings is grey so i cant buy any of the ingame stuff.. is there another way to buy them? Please help fast! ;D

If it is FM14 beta the store/downloads aren;t available until full release day

• 1 month later...
Also if you buy the unlockable and use it does that mean you'll never get another son appear in the game. Or is there a chance another will appear randomly?

Was curious about this also, having read he will only be as good as your youth system... kind of wish I had waited, he sucks lol. I feel like I wasted my money on this. So, having said that, is there a way to get another one in the future? I see I cannot buy another one... which is strange, you'd think you would allow people to buy this as many times as they wish lol, or at least, more than once!

• 3 months later...

Finally decided to play around with this, and just want to double check a couple things:

1. This can NOT be used in the "normal" game mode? Only in FM Classic Mode?

2. Once purchased, how often can it be used? One time PER SAVE? One time EVER? Or can it be used multiple times in the SAME save (having a 2nd son after a few seasons, for example)?

3. In each case above that applies, how often must the unlockable be re-purchased? Or is it a one-time purchase that sticks around forever?

4. Do I name the son? Or is the name generated automatically? (I'm referring to his first name, obviously! Though there are rare circumstances such as Shaun & Bradley Wright-Phillips.)

Thank you.

• Administrators
Finally decided to play around with this, and just want to double check a couple things:

1. This can NOT be used in the "normal" game mode? Only in FM Classic Mode?

Only Classic, thats why it is in the FMC Unlockables section.

2. Once purchased, how often can it be used? One time PER SAVE? One time EVER? Or can it be used multiple times in the SAME save (having a 2nd son after a few seasons, for example)?

Once per save. It's still possible to have footballing brothers for sons however.

3. In each case above that applies, how often must the unlockable be re-purchased? Or is it a one-time purchase that sticks around forever?

Some are one time purchase, others are not. See the in-store descriptions.

4. Do I name the son? Or is the name generated automatically? (I'm referring to his first name, obviously! Though there are rare circumstances such as Shaun & Bradley Wright-Phillips.)

Thank you.

It's pre-generated automatically in FMC14, but the mother gives you right of refusal and you can name the child what you want :)

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Show me a screenshot, but that screenshot is clearly an FM save game which is why you can't apply unlockables. FMC Unlockables, as stated on the Store, so they are FMC only.

Here's a question, does a player have to retire for this to unlock. I am about to enter my 10th season with the same team and some of the players have been there since the start but are only really in their peak (27/28). Will I need to wait until they're 34/35 and retire before this unlocks?

Wow, could be 20 seasons or so for some then. Seems a little excessive to be honest, perhaps could be amended for FM15 (or too late now, I suppose). 10 years at one club, or even in the game tbh honest could perhaps manifest a son - could even be done dependent on age of 'gamer'.

• Administrators

It does work like that when the sons are generated 'naturally' by the game, and there is always the chance this can happen in your FMC saves anyway. As for excessiveness, it really depends on who you sign/bring in and then retires in 10 years time really, it can still be done in the same amount of time as your suggestion just depends on who it is.

Archived