my fm2013 is missing from steam library

it is truly sucks!!!!!

i buy fm2013 retail with pre-order coupon, i install it and play it until last night. this morning i login into my steam account and fm2013 is lost for no reason. i tried removed everything and reinstall steams, but still no luck, the games is still missing. i think the last update (16.9) MB is installed last night. any correlation with it?

and i tried to run from steamapps folder and i found it crashed before started. damn what is going on here??

• SI Staff

The pre-order beta period ended today, so if you had been playing the game using your pre-order Steam key, this is why the game has been removed from your library tonight.

To get access back, you just need to enter a code for the full game. If you have a boxed copy, this code will be on the back of your manual. If you bought a digital copy, then the retailer should have sent you a code for the full game.

To activate your full game code follow these steps:

- In the Steam client, go to +ADD A GAME at the bottom-left of the window

- Then select Activate a product on Steam

- Enter your Steam code

This will then automatically either update your beta version of the game to the full version or, if you had uninstalled the beta, it'll download the full version of the game anew.

• SI Staff

Just to clarify, did you buy a boxed copy of the game or a digital one?

If digital, has the retailer followed up the pre-order code they sent you with a second code? If they have only sent you a pre-order code so far, it won't work if you try entering it again.

Same problem here.

My FM2013 game has dissapeared, and when I try to RE-INSTALL it using the disc, and enter the product key code, it says "this code has aready been activated", so I select the "RETRIEVE ACCOUNT" button, and it says it has "send an email to the account holder", which is me. I never receive any emails, so therefore cannot play my game....

Please help!

I have been playing FM2013 FULL GAME VERSION (shop bought disc) since release date, and I was previously playing the BETa VERSION DEMO. All of a sudden the game has vanished from my games list. So I stuck the disc in ad tried to RE-INSTALL it. It asked for my product key code, which I entered, and it says that it is a DUPLICATE CODE, and that it has been entered already. Of course it has! I entered it already!!! Now I cannot play my game even though I have the disc and the code.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Do you guys have the library setting on "All Games"? could be that its on "Installed"?

Yes i am sure. It isn't even listed in my "recent" games, even though I was playing it yesterday. The fact that inserting the disc doesn't help either points to a big problem.

• Administrators
Yes i am sure. It isn't even listed in my "recent" games, even though I was playing it yesterday. The fact that inserting the disc doesn't help either points to a big problem.

Have you actually entered the code from the back of your manual? The DVD won't make any difference.

Have you actually entered the code from the back of your manual? The DVD won't make any difference.

Yes!!!! I entered it when I first bought the game (it came from Amazon on November 2nd). I have been playing almost everyday up until saving it last night. I turn on the computer today. Click my FM2013 shortcut, and instead of loading the game, it take me to the Steam store. So I go to my games on Steam. It's not there. So I insert the disc, select RE-INSTALL, and it tells me to enter the activation code. So I do. Then it says that that code has already been activated by somebody else. Trouble, is that person is ME!!!

My game has also dissapeared from my Steam game list. I assumed it was because the 'beta' was over and that I had to install from the disc, so I tried to do that. But then when it asked for the product code, I typed in the code on the back of the manual, and steam tells me that it is a duplicate code.

The game was brought from Amazon and was sealed and had that 'new fresh game' smell to it when i opened it :)

I've emailed a photo of the game, case, back of the manual and amazon reciept to help@sega.co.uk

EDIT: Got an email back from Sega Customer Support. It's almost as of they didnt even read what I explained in the email. Instead they send me instructions on how to enter my product code. Anyway, I tried it their way, and still get a 'duplicate code' message.

• 6 months later...

Hello - FM13 disappeared last night from my Steam account so I can't start it, and re-entering the Key I was provided by Sega when I purchased it ells me that the purchase is already registered to a Steam account (yes it is, mine, which it then proves by sending me an email).

Such a shame and I assume all my game playing has been lost - I have been playing FM since forever and I have already had to purchase two versions of FM13 due to Steam errors - I love the game but I really can't see myself buying it again because I get zero help from Sega or Steam and there appear to be these random bugs which frustrate me no.

The only answer to my current issue as far as I can see is: buy the game for a third time - a third time!!

Yours in bubbling frustration,

Angus

Hello - FM13 disappeared last night from my Steam account so I can't start it, and re-entering the Key I was provided by Sega when I purchased it ells me that the purchase is already registered to a Steam account (yes it is, mine, which it then proves by sending me an email).

Such a shame and I assume all my game playing has been lost - I have been playing FM since forever and I have already had to purchase two versions of FM13 due to Steam errors - I love the game but I really can't see myself buying it again because I get zero help from Sega or Steam and there appear to be these random bugs which frustrate me no.

The only answer to my current issue as far as I can see is: buy the game for a third time - a third time!!

Yours in bubbling frustration,

Angus

I don't see how you could ever have had to buy it a second time, unless you bought it from a dodgy or second hand source.

Are you 100% going to steam library > Show all games ?

WHere did you buy it from?

• 2 months later...

I bought the game through Steam on release but uninstalled the game and Steam because it kept crashing. After a few weeks i have reinstalled Steam and my "games" section of my account is empty... so to play the game do i have to buy it again? There is no option to download it anywhere in my account? Why have they deleted my purchases from my account?

I bought the game through Steam on release but uninstalled the game and Steam because it kept crashing. After a few weeks i have reinstalled Steam and my "games" section of my account is empty... so to play the game do i have to buy it again? There is no option to download it anywhere in my account? Why have they deleted my purchases from my account?

Are you on 'installed' games rather than 'all'?

That is the most common mistake

• 2 months later...
Yes!!!! I entered it when I first bought the game (it came from Amazon on November 2nd). I have been playing almost everyday up until saving it last night. I turn on the computer today. Click my FM2013 shortcut, and instead of loading the game, it take me to the Steam store. So I go to my games on Steam. It's not there. So I insert the disc, select RE-INSTALL, and it tells me to enter the activation code. So I do. Then it says that that code has already been activated by somebody else. Trouble, is that person is ME!!!

Any new information on this topic as i'm having exactly the same problem!!! I now can't reinstall or find an old version so currently can't play FM2013 at all. Absolutely livid now :seagull:

Definitely on the right account?

Definitely not filtering your games list so its hidden?

go into your steam folder and find clientregistry.blob file... back it up (rename it to clientregistry.blobOLD or something) and restart steam.

Have you contacted Steam?

Can you check your steam folder for a fm13 library and delete it manually?

Have you seen this? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5168-EUIA-6643

try going windows>run and typing : steam://install/207890

Definitely on the right account?

Definitely not filtering your games list so its hidden?

go into your steam folder and find clientregistry.blob file... back it up (rename it to clientregistry.blobOLD or something) and restart steam.

Have you contacted Steam?

Can you check your steam folder for a fm13 library and delete it manually?

Have you seen this? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5168-EUIA-6643

try going windows>run and typing : steam://install/207890

Yes definitely the right account

Yes I've checked all lists and there's nothing

I tried the clientregistry.blob trick but didn't help

Yes I've contacted Steam twice but with no answer yet

I don't understand what deleting the library would achieve but I haven't looked at that yet....

I'll look at the link in a minute....

I'll try that run command when I get home....

Thanks for all the advice and ideas, WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT JUST TO PLAY A GAME!!!!!!

Archived