FM13- A Field of Kings to ...

kris0710

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn_HqNCnPOmcLclFonAJkJ-ezu4BqYpl3tITzLLTKLDf-rHeGOQQ

My FM13 career starts at Woking.

With the English leagues to BNBN/S loaded on a small database i hope to make my way to the top of the English game, with or without Woking.

Newly promoted to the Blue Square Bet Premier the aim from the board is to finish a respectable 18th place.

With little money in either budget freebies and loan will be the way forward although first look at squad leaves me signing just one player, Jordan Gibbons on a season long loan. This signing was made following the one departure at Kingfield, Kevin Betsy to Plymouth for £8k.

Pre Season never really got started with the squad hit by many injuries our only two fixtures were against the Reserves (1-0) and Scunthorpe (1-3)

And now for the important stuff...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 2012

BSBP

aug12-results.png

aug12-table.png

Defeat away to one of the sides expected to be challenging for the title was too disheartening and even less inportant when followed by three wins at home and a cracking away point af FGR. Late goals seem to be our thing with 5 in the last ten minutes already.

September 2012

BSBP

sept12-results.png

sept12-table.png

The month started and ended well but the middle was not so good. Plenty of goals conceded, in fact only two teams in the league have conceded more. But 19 points from 12 games is a good start and i would happily take a 9th placed finish.

October 2012

BSBP

oct12-results.png

oct12-table.png

Shocking month. Not helped with my midfielders picking up 5 red cards and us missing 3 penalties this month also. Need to shore up the defence badly but at least its early days to try and rid myself of the poor performers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqJQj2Rv4-aYckVjyYhz4FyxmAIb2gWsjgR7TtHbgcGyLiuYGa

oct12-fac.png

One bit of cheer for the month. The draw has given us a trip to League One side Swindon Town, currently sitting in third place.

November 2012 cont.

nov12-fac.png

Not suprised by the defeat but a good performance in front of 6,628. This lead to our gate recipets shooting up from £20k in October to £89k in November. Brilliant stuff.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ9BSmmjH4JMMptfLxrFWyz4kTT3aPusaHz6LERF-U8OCGCnkLEg

nov12-fat.png

Tough tie against the side that beat off BSBS Dover in the last round. The win sends us off to fellow BSBP side Ebbsfleet.

Shame on the sack :(. What are your plans now?

Im just towards the end of Feb, now with a mid table BSBN side....

That's some turn around since I last checked the thread! Unlucky with the sacking.

Yeah on reflection from last nights sacking i have decided to blame it solely on you! :p

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4nOpWpgCBzC5RN8-yCmXW9Sj5Z3XRSNyD3qBJHE8et_guMCx9

February 13

BSBN

Following my enforced departure from Woking i have had two job offers to consider. I rejected Westoon Super Mare from the BSBS and opted for Boston United. With 16 games to the the club are comfortably in md table and this is the expectation from the chairman so its all about building for next season in my view. I will not go into detail about the squad as of the 24 players i have 22 are either out of contract or on non contract terms so i expect big changes in the summer.

feb13-results.png

feb13-able.png

Average start so far, whcih sums up the club this season!

As for Woking, in the two games after my sacking they beat both Luton and Mansfield but since bringing in Colin Walker they have just four points in ten games and sit 23rd, 10 points from safety.

Good luck with Boston.

Cheers.

Hope this goes better.

Certainly hope so. Using the last few games to play around with tactics and give my younger players a try. Going to hold Reserve friendlies every week to try out trial players.

Cheers mate.

Haha, had forgot about that!! Must say enjoying this 6 month pre season which is basically what i have now. A lot of trialists coming in and the youngsters getting good minutes on the pitch. Plenty of searching for League 1 and 2 youngsters that i might be able to draw to York Street.

Pre-Season 2013

BSBN

Last season the club finished in 16th place after using the final few games to try out players. This has lead to a busy pre season.

In come 5 new players:

Rob Peet - Hinckley - GK

9 apps in BSBN last season conceding just 8, he joins the club and is straight away expected to be the number 1

Billy Littler - ST

As a 16 year old at his first club its hard to expect much from the lad but the coaches have this lad as the best forward currently at the club

Michael Hollingsworth - Notts F - MC

18 year old released from Forest joins a midfield short of numbers. Expecting him to rotate with new loanee Clarkson

Ollie Monguel - Fulham - DC

Youngster released from Fulham has come in to sure up the shakey defence

Micheal Clarkson - Stoke - MC

Signed on season long loan, some kind of coup for a club our size

Leaving York Street were six players. Five went through my own choice, Ian Ross, Spencer Weir-Daley, Marc Newsham, Faisal Hemati and Emexca Orwubiko. Sadly the sixth was poached by Gainsborough. Sam Craven was our stand out performer last year but there was no way we could compete with the £425 pw being offered.

jne13-squad.png

Not the biggest or best of squads but i have faith. I will be looking to add two or three more players once we get through the first couple of matches.

Now onto the 7 pre season matches...

August 2013

BSBN

aug13-results.png

aug13-table.png

Generally a decent sart to the season although its never nice being beaten 4-0 on your home ground. Young forward Littler has started well with four goals and with four home games in the next six i hope his form continues.

September 2013

BSBN

sep13-results.png

sep13-table.png

Plenty of goals towards the end of a busy month. Started poorly but a very comfortable win followed. 5th place Corby came to town and after a great first half we had to settle for a point after taking a 2-0 lead. Game of the month was the defeat at Telford. Both sides had two goals disallowed and we fought back from behind twice but couldn't manage to get anything. Month ended with another 3-2, this time in our favour. All in all an ok start.

*Woking have sacked my replacement Colin Walker and find themsleves 15th in BSBS

September 13 cont.

Despite a month of stop start two players stormed into the top three during the month

sep13-pom.png

sep13-fac.png

The FA Cup has given us a trip to Kidsgrove. History is on our side as Kidsgrove crashed out of both cup comps last season without scoring a goal.

October 2013

BSBN

oct13-results.png

oct13-table.png

A strange month in league terms. In three games we had 57 shots compared to the oppostions 28. In terms of possession we averaged 61.4% over the three games too. Just nobody to finish the job, although Littler has hit 10 in 16.

The Nuneaton game was a very odd one. 4-0 down at half time, here are the match stats...

asasa.png

The story of the season so far...but plenty of optimisim as our general play in good.

November 2013

BSBN

nov13-results.png

nov13-table.png

Plenty of goals around this month thats for sure. Started with us blowing a 2-0 lead over leaders Histon, but before had would gladly have taken a point. Then came the result we have been threatening for weeks really. 7-1 at Hinckley and to rub it in a bit the goal conceded was an o.g!! Two high scoring games in a row against Chorley (one in the FAT) sent us to high flying Chester high in confidence. Sadly our game was ruined by a red card to midfielder Milne with the score at 2-2. No sooner had the lad left the pitch Chester upped the play and as with the wage spend against them we couldn't compete.

nov13-pom.png

November 2013 cont.

nov13-fac.png

The FA Cup is over for another year, decent display and were in touch until the last ten mintues. An og and an 89th min pen sealed our fate.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ9BSmmjH4JMMptfLxrFWyz4kTT3aPusaHz6LERF-U8OCGCnkLEg

nov13-fat.png

Two close run matches where our first half domination has just been enough to put us through.

Jordan Nuttell is a player bang on form right now. When i joined the club he was the one u-18 player with some potential according to my back room staff. A CB by trade who amazingly turned into a CB,ST during the summer. With the early form of Littler he was nothing more than a bench warming defender but injuries and two games a week for my part tiem squad got him his chance upfront and has now scored 9 in 9!

December 2013

BSBN

dec13-results.png

dec13-table.png

Following a horror month which has left us looking down the table rather than up i am trying to decide whether changing my tactic is needed. Normally playing a 4-2-3-1 we have tonnes of possession and plenty of chances but given the lack of amazing talent in the squad we are far from consistant. The board are still happy bunnies and my very young team are still high in the morale department.

DECISIONS!!!

Jan and Feb 2014

BSBN

feb13-results-1.png

feb14-table.png

Much improved over the last six games. Goals flowing a bit more! Brett Lucas became the 3rd player to hit 10 goals plus this season, behind Jordan Nuttell (17) and Billy Littler (14).

The play-off dream is just about alive and with a break of 20 days until the next match my team will be well rested.

Finances at a small part time side are normally massively in the red but happily with a tight spend and a hadn full of non-contract players this current season has seen us turn a profit of £72,600 so far.

Good to see you getting Nuttsy scoring a lot! (Played in the same local club as him). Micky Hollingsworth is also a Boston lad, played in the same school team team until he left to go to Forest full time. Is James Reed still at Boston?

Good to see you getting Nuttsy scoring a lot! (Played in the same local club as him). Micky Hollingsworth is also a Boston lad, played in the same school team team until he left to go to Forest full time. Is James Reed still at Boston?

Didn't know that about Hollingsworth! Nice to bring a local lad back then. Sadly Reed was released at the end of last season. One of the few players on a contract and for his wages i could give 7 youth players two year deals so it was a no brainer really. Not had much luck by looks of it, still without a club.

Premier League:

2012-13: Arsenal

2013-14: Chelsea

Championship:

2012-13: Hull

2013-14: Blackburn

League One:

2012-13: Sheffield United

2013-14: Charlton

League Two:

2012-13: Gillingham

2013-14: Chesterfield

BSBP:

2012-13: Kidderminster

2013-14: Macclesfield

BSBN:

2012-13: Harrogate

2013-14: Chester

BSBS:

2012-13: Farnborough

2013-14: Eastleigh

FA Cup:

2012-13: Chelsea

2013-14: Everton

Capital One Cup:

2012-13: Arsenal

2013-14: Aston Villa

JPT:

2012-13: Bury

2013-14: Carlisle

FA Trophy:

2012-13: Southport

2013-14: Macclesfield

CL:

2012-13: Barcelona

2013-14: Real Madrid

Euro Cup:

2012-13: Liverpool

2013-14: Tottenham

Pre-Season 2014

BSBN

Aims:

BSBN - Board expect: Mid-table Manager expect: Play-Offs

FAC - Board expect: 1st round Manager expects: 2nd round

FAT - Board expect: 2nd round Manager Expects: QF

Transfers In:

july14-transfers.png

Some experience joining the ranks with former Colchester and Torquay player Kem Izzet and Leon Clarke coming in. Both players have taken on backroom roles also, Clarke a scout and Izzet the new Assistant Manager following Rob Lee's departure last month.

Also joining is Ben Dennis, a young defender from Bolton who is a direct replacement for Tom Ward who has left for Corby. Luke Adams is also a centre back who had a impressive season with BSBS side Maidenhead. Finally Eoin Kirwan had come in. Former Cambridge AMC was only signed as star man Brett Lucas is out for months with a broken ankle.

One other player has left, Steven Lucas. A player i really wanted to keep but could not pay £500 pw and he decided to move on and has joined BSBP side Exeter City for £950 pw.

Pre Season Friendlies:

july14-results.png

Brilliant four matches overall. Very pleased. Plenty of goals and morale boosting wins over LeagueOne and Two sides.

Finances:

Overall we posted a profit of £45,913 lasrt season which is great. I would expect that to change this season as our wage bill is alot higher but going into the season with £100,000 in the bank is a great feeling and let to my lovely chairman giving me £5k to spend too!!

August 2014

BSBN

aug14-results.png

aug14-table.png

Nice start to the season for us. Ben Milnes stepped into Izzet midfield role as he had a one match ban from last season and fired two second half strikes for a hard fought win. We got lucky at home to AFC Telford with a late leveller from last seasons top scorer Jordan Nuttell. Totally outclassed at Harrogate and needed two og's just to make the scoreline respectable. Then the month ended with successive wins, the one away at Worcester particually pleasing as they had a 100% record going into that one.

Although early in the season, September gives us a great chance of points with all 5 games against sides 15th or lower.

aug14-mom.png

The closest i have come to an award so far!!

*In other news, Brendan Rodgers is the new England manager as we failed to get out of the group stage of the World Cup losing to Portugal (6-0) and Chile (3-1).

*Rafa Benitez is back as Liverpool manager

*Harry Redkanapp is Newcastle manager

*Of the 20 current Prem teams, 9 still have the manager they have IRL

September 2014

BSBN

sept14-results.png

sept14-table.png

Certainly could have been a better month but the few draws at least keep us in the hunt towards the top. Overall i think we got what we deserved through September so no compaints really. Been a decent start, some good individual performances.

sept14-fac.png

A good win at BSBS side Welling. Our reward is another trip, this time to a place i know well, Nene Park to face K*ttering Town

Archived