The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 04/05

Ter

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibroxhero:

We shopuld get rid of McCleish. His tactics are and have always been terrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

McLeish.

Can't you at least spell your managers name correctly when you put forward your knee jerk reaction.

Was a good game, we were poor in the 1st half but stronger in the 2nd, some great saves from Marshall though and Petrov was amazing.

The fans who trew something at Petrov are a disgrace.

While the title race is over i didnt think we would be close this season in the summer so its been a good title race. I think Eck has to go though, he just isnt good enough for a team like us in my opinion. He seems a nice guy but tactically he is so poor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The fans who trew something at Petrov are a disgrace. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed, I hope they are banned for life icon13.gif

Petrov did apologise for inciting the fans, but I bet Bellend didnt for his "praying antics" what a stupid fool he is and I hope the SPL/SFA were watching and give him the right punishment icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gambit:

Totally knee jerk there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed the contradiction in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i didnt think we would be close this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Eck has to go though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is proof enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibroxhero:

Actually not a knee jerk. I've been thinking this for a few months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have given you enough time to spell his name correctly then. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The fans who trew something at Petrov are a disgrace. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed, I hope they are banned for life icon13.gif

Petrov did apologise for inciting the fans, but I bet Bellend didnt for his "praying antics" what a stupid fool he is and I hope the SPL/SFA were watching and give him the right punishment icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye fair play to Petrov, he did the right thing, i thought it was slightly harsh booking him. I like him though good player and good attitude.

Bellamy's goal was great though.

Oh and Jim its not really a contradiction i just expected you guys to not drop as many points, our dire euro performances are the main reason Eck has to go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Oh and Jim its not really a contradiction i just expected you guys to not drop as many points, our dire euro performances are the main reason Eck has to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you look at the performances of CSKA, Auxerre & AZ though they are doing/did quite well in Europe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Oh and Jim its not really a contradiction i just expected you guys to not drop as many points, our dire euro performances are the main reason Eck has to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you look at the performances of CSKA, Auxerre & AZ though they are doing/did quite well in Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not dneying that but the guy is tactically clueless and we need to sort that. Its not just this season its every season, Viktoria Zizkov anyone?!?!

Today he at least tried to move things around but in the first half when he shifted Namouchi up behind the front two leaving Ricksen with double the work was asking for trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Aston Villa have identified Rangers' Croatian striker Dado Prso as a potential summer transfer target, BBC Scotland understands.

The Midlands club are thought to be willing to pay in the region of £3.5m for the player signed on a Bosman from Monaco last summer.

Prso has been one of Alex McLeish's most successful acquisitions, scoring 19 goals this season.

Rangers have not commented on the matter thus far.

Prso signed a three-year contract with the Ibrox club at the end of last season.

His partnership with Nacho Novo helped Rangers to victory in the CIS Cup as well as challenging Celtic for the SPL title.

The Croatian's form has now attracted the interest of the Villa manager David O'Leary, who stated recently that he would be given substantial funds to strengthen his squad this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

We shopuld get rid of McCleish. His tactics are and have always been terrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

McLeish.

Can't you at least spell your managers name correctly when you put forward your knee jerk reaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing knee jerk about failing to win your last 3 home games and stuttering to victory over vastly inferior opposistion in the away games in between, IMO of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

rumoured to be buying Keane (that's why I mentioned him) but if it did happen, Dado would be a hit in the Premiership, his ball control is second to none icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

the £3.5m would be enough for you to over-take tight-arsed Celtic anyway* icon_biggrin.gif

*Hurry up and do that btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

icon14.gif

the £3.5m would be enough for you to over-take tight-arsed Celtic anyway* icon_biggrin.gif

*Hurry up and do that btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From tight-arsed Doug Ellis's Villa, that's all O'Leary has been greetin about since he arrived. icon_biggrin.gif

Why not buy Klos instead (despite his injury), your goalie's are such a comics, especially v Birmingham, he would still be better icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

Id rather we bought someone who was proven in the EPL, or at the very highest level (though Prso has a fair record for Croatia I think), but Prso seems okay from the little Iv seen of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, Champions League finalist anyone? icon_smile.gif

With the greatest of respect to him, that was one game icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One game?

Are we ignoring the fact he scored hald a dozen of so goals getting to that one game and four in one match alone versus Deportivo La Coruna, when they were still a decent side.

I really dont see many higher levels than that.

Eck simply MUST drum it into the players that we NEED to win at all costs tomorrow icon_mad.gif Hibs have pulled us back into it, and we cannot fail to take this opportunity, but I reckon we'll probably make a mess of it icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

HAIL HAIL!!

Thump Aberdeen the morn lads!

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you deserve to be awarded, but I cant see it icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Aberdeen striker Darren Mackie has recovered from an ankle injury in time for the visit of Rangers.

Defender Zander Diamond and striker Noel Whelan should recover from knocks, but midfielder Derek Adams and striker Thorarinn Kristjansson remain missing.

Rangers manager Alex McLeish is keeping under wraps the identities of the players he described as having "knocks" following last week's defeat by Celtic.

The versatile Gregory Vignal will be missing because he is suspended. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Vignal icon14.gif

I would rest Novo now and send him for his operation. He's doing nothing at the moment anyway while carrying his injury. Would like to see Lovenkrands given a chance through the middle where he's best.

Wonder who will play on the left today then... will probably be one from Lovenkrands, Arveladze or Djordjic.

I would go with...

Wattereus

Ross

Ball

Kyrgiakos

Andrews

Ricksen

Ferguson

Burke

Buffel

Prso

Lovenkrands

And if Lovenkrands was pish in the first half he'd be aff and McCormack on.

Ter for manager icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

Hmm... Ball is injured, so the line up is

Wattereus, Ricksen, Ross, Kyrgiakos, Andrews, Rae, Ferguson, Lovenkrands, Buffel, Novo, Prso

Should have played Smith at left back instead of Ross, but never mind. I had better get my arse in the shower then get down the supporters club.

MON THE GERS!

2 down, 3 to play icon_cool.gif

the first goal Dado scored when I saw it on the replay, simply stunning icon_biggrin.gif

we maybe dont deserve it cause of last week, but it's title race back on now icon_mad.gificon_cool.gif

oh and cocky Aberdeen's Europe dreams are in tatters, shame icon_frown.gif

Good result today, the performance wasn't great and Aberdeen passed the ball better a lot of the time. The good thing was that the majority of the side looked very determined although Ross and Lovenkrands were poor, Novo wasn't really in the game either.

Prso was superb and his first goal was class, Buffel had some good touches and would have scored with the last kick if he had bothered to run for the rebound.

Prso has been sensational for us, a great signing, he seems to really play for the club and not just looking for a payday like so many foreigners we seem to pick up.

Good result today although i still don't see us catching them.

• SI Staff

Fantastic. That was a very good performance today in very difficult positions.

Alex Rae was excellent and so was Barry Ferguson.

But the main praise has to go to Dado Prso who was sensational. Set up the first goal and scored the second two. His backheel just highlighted how good he is and if I ever meet the guy in the street I think he will be on the receiving end of a hug.

THERE'S ONLY ONE DADO PRSO!

Archived