Unfair transfer tactics by the computer

Aye its def a bug, no doubt, you should have had the option to counter, but at the same time its a lesson on keeping an eye on your youth for future.

Bug is something that is inside the game but does not function properly like it should.

If you have the player on subscriptions,I'm fairly certain that you would have a mail about the contract offer pause the processing.

It's just a lack of coding around this matter,not a "bug".

And after all,you didn't offer him a contract, how is the game supposed to know that a player that you actually ignored is important to you?

Assistant manager comes in: "Hey dude,this is the youth intake for this year"

*reviews*

- Ok,don't offer a contract to anyone

How is the game supposed to know that out of the 10-15 youngsters you refused to sign,one of them is actually important and you care about? Especially without subscribing on him.

EH?

First, it is a bug, you should have the option to offer your own player a contract before he signs for another team, the only reason he hasnt is because its so close to the window closing, in this instance the code in the game has not worked properly. At any other time in the year, barring the other transfer window you would be able to counter offer.

Secondly its your own player, you dont need to subscribe to him to get messages on teams offering him a contract.

Thirdly, its no my game or my player.

This is something within the game not functioning properly.

Whenever an offer is made, you should always be given the chance to counter offer.

What happens in this case is that the game processes two fractions of time at the same time because it is not being told that the offer has happened. What should be happening is that the offer is sending a message to the game to stop processing and return to the user so that they can see this message and respond to it.

If the player is at your club, you should be (and are) told about everything that happens. If you read the thread, you will see that he was told, but that both the offer and the offer acceptance happened before he was given back control of the game.

It is a bug.

I think one remedy of this could be the option that you must reply to the specific mail (like those red continue things), and have the game stop processing immediately. That way you would easily know if your players or coaches are being poached.

don't talk from your arse. when players get an offer from another club(through the agent), the agent will tell the rest of the interested clubs that there is demand for their player and they might have to up the ante if they are serious in the player.

it's all to do with money. why would any fool especially the agent turn down a chance to make more money? The game is working incorrectly here. It's a minor issue though, and i expect it to be fixed in FM 2013 or next patch. just snatch the player earlier for now. no problem whatsoever.

You haven't been around semi-pro football much have you. Most of the players don't have agents for one thing, and there is way more player movement than in league football. Plenty of times players move clubs on 7-day approaches, or on non-contract basis without their previous team knowing in advance.

I would agree with the main thrust of this thread which is that the game behaves differently on deadline day, and ideally it shouldn't, but the statement that it should ALWAYS be possible to give counter offers is the semantic point I was saying wasn't true in all situations.

Archived