[FM2012] Advanced Editor

Gram123

I have tried to work a little with the advanced editor for FM2011. Im surprised to find out that after extensive search i cant find anything about the advanced editor for FM2012. Have it been removed, or how to activate it?

Im especially looking for the possibility to edit competition advanced not at least the continental of Europe, and im also missing the funktion like 'Fate'.

Hmm seems you are right the comps file is there and suppose to be for FM2012, but the directory where it use to be placed does not exist in FM2012 (tools/editor/data/format.) I have tried to put it into Editor\data\format but that dosent seems to work...

• 4 months later...

Because there were too much problems and crashes with usermade advanced-editor-databases that would not have been happening when only using the normal editor.

So SI decided to remove that function out of FM12, to prevent those problems from happening in the future.

If this was the motivation, SI should have to disable itself in 2010, when they had to answer in the forum to numerous posts about crashes caused by the conflicts of created leagues when they did a mess with the unique ID item (and the number of posts was certainly higher than those about the AP) :)

In second istance, they should disable themselves because in exchange we cannot have anything better than an editor that not permit to do neither a third place final match or to set a neutral ground for a group phase.. Wow, what a useful instrument! :)

Squad limits like that are set in fixture rules which are included in the nation file, not the individual league records. Unfortunately only a few countries have their nation xmls included in the available archive (England, Scotland, France and Spain off top of my head), so you'd have to recreate the entire file to do so. Doable but a bit of an inconvenience

Archived