Can YOU become THE most expensive player - 2012 Edition - Game Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Hello and welcome back to Sky Sports Transfer Watch.

20th July 2011

Edoardo Lorenzo has shocked the Italian media by rejecting advances from 2 Serie B sides and by instead signing for Serie C1/B side Triestina.

Andy: Once again it shows these players have sense.

Richard: Andy you know i agree. They seem to be signing for teams where they know they will get first team football.

Andy: Money talks as well, getting paid £2,500 for doing the job you love. With a 3 year contract.

Richard: And I am sure performances in this league will help get his reputation up and maybe lead to bigger and better things.

21st July 2011

Alaves and Ascoli have made their intent to sign Josh Wilson public. Both Claim to have offered him a contract.

22nd July 2011

RC Lens have made a trial offer to Mike Nevo which has been accepted. The American has 2 weeks to impress his suitors.

In news closer to home Nottingham Forest have scouped up Gamba Goma on a free transfer. The youngster was attracting interest from Portsmouth as well as from further afield with Bari and Furth being the 2 foreign clubs he rejected.

Richard: I think he made a smart move, Forest are an up and coming team and they have a good coach with Steve McClaren.

Andy: Who incidently Gamba has stated that he can't wait to work with Supremo Steve.

Richard: His contract is for 2 years on £2,200 a week.

Andy: And he will most likely be playing as part of the squad rather than jumping straight into the first team.

25th July 2011

Andy: Josh Wilson has signed a contract. It's just coming in now.

Richard: Yes....We have just been informed that Wilson has signed on the dotted line for Alaves in the Spanish second division B2.

Andy: Reportedly for a massive 5 years on £1,700 a week with a release clause of £23.5 Mil.

26th July 2011

Mike Nevo has done enough to turn his trial at RC Lens into a 5 year contract.

Andy: A 5 year contract on £7,250 a week must mean they see a star in this young American.

Richard: But could he be the next Fredy Adu?

Andy: True Richard true. It could happen.

28th July 2011

Another Future Star will be playing his football in the championship.

Andy: But who is it?

Richard: There are only two Future Stars left Paldaninnii and the Irishman Corcoran.

Andy: Find out after this

Richard: Thank you for your patience.

Andy: The club is Southampton, and they have managed to gain the signature of....

Richard: Richard Paldaninnii!

Andy: WOW thats a mouthful.

Richard: He will be on a 3 year contract, with a wage of £14,750 a week.

Andy: He is certain to be a top player for Southampton this season.

160px-Club_Deportivo_Tenerife.png

Quaker Press Conference

I am absoloutley thrilled to be at Tenerife to start my footballing Career and for the chairman to slap a £25Million Buy Out Clause means i will be enjoying my football on the Canary Islands for many years hopefully bringing them glory and getting us back to where we belong in La Liga

NOTE: I have simmed up to the first championship game of the season, one player still hasn't been signed and we are on 13th August! Still time though. Will do a short quick update tonight, then will holiday til dec.

25th July 2011

Richard: Yes....We have just been informed that Wilson has signed on the dotted line for Alaves in the Spanish second division B2.

Andy: Reportedly for a massive 5 years on £1,700 a week with a release clause of £23.5 Mil.

u are absolutely ****ing joking i sign for the ******** club of the lot :(

25th July 2011

u are absolutely ****ing joking i sign for the ******** club of the lot :(

Is that not the same Alaves who were in the final of the Uefa Cup a few years back? You never know, you might take them back to their former glory :D

HaHa So we are,... I thought tenerife were in liga adellant... :confused:

And Yeah its the same team :D but i doubtmy players good enough ;)

Gotta sort this guy out. Just because he's an 18 year old wonderkid, doesnt make him the b****y manager! ;)

July/August 2011 - The Beginning

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Im Andy Gray, and with me once again today is Richard Keys.

Richard: With our Future Stars having a month or more at their club, some of become first team regulars and some are still trying to work their way into the starting 11.

Andy: The show today will focus on how our boys are settling in, and those that are causing some raised eyebrows.

Richard: As we continue to search for our Future Star.

Steve Duffy (Amr/St) - Rangers

Joining the club on the 14th July, Steve Duffy was keen to get himself noticed in a team with its fair share of talent.

Andy: He certainly has done that. He seems to have found himself playing as a striker for the club, and although his 4 apperances (1 off the bench) haven't produced any spectacular performances. His Champions League form has been tremendous.

Richard: It has indeed, he grabbed the winner against Sturm Graz in the Champions League Playoff leg 1, and then followed that up with 2 goals and a MOM performance in the away leg.

Andy: A 5-0 victory in which Duffy was on fire. You know Richard some Gers fans are starting to call them the 3 Steves.

Richard: Who's that?

Andy: Naismith, Davis and Duffy who have been the three key players in recent matches.

Richard: Well lets hope his form continues, and we may soon have a fan favourite here in Future Stars.

Jake Stothard - Mc/Amc - Shef Wed

Stothard joined League 1 side Shef Wed, hoping to gain some valuable experience, and make a name for himself.

Richard: Whilst he has gained experience, starting in 4 out of 5 Shef Wed league games, he has failed to impress.

Andy: No goals yet, an assist in the Mk Dons draw and thats about it.

Richard: He still has some way to go, and rumours are that the manager is benching him for the next match.

Andy: On to the next one.

Arawn Moridin (Amr/St) - Peterborough

Moridin is a striker/winger from Norway, who is hoping to make his mark in the english leagues.

Richard: He spent the first 2 weeks if the season out with a head injury, but then in his first league game bagged a goal in the 2-0 victory over fellow Future Stars team Nottingham Forest.

Andy: So 2 league starts, 1 league goal. That is the sort of form you want for a new lad.

Richard: Indeed it is. Surely one to keep an eye on.

Luke Corcoran (MC/Amc) - No club

Still without a club, and no more interest from Hearts has been shown.

Andy: Poor Luke. He will have to hope his U21 work with Ireland can help show his talents.

Richard: His one experience was in a loss to the Ukraine though, so nobody will have been that stunned by his talent.

Andy: Let's just hope some clubs out there watch this and realise one of our handpicked Stars is without a club.

The Tenerife Two - Geraint Alacarde (AML/St) & Long Tym Quaker (Aml/St)

Not in a league we currently have much time to follow, the Tenerife 2 are trying to make their mark on the lower echelons of Spanish football.

Andy: Neither took part in the recent Spanish Cup match, and although we haven't managed to get the most concrete stats, we have heard that Long Tym Quaker has not made an impact, where as Alacarde has 3 goals in 4 apperances.

Richard: Surely that sort of form will notify some of the bigger players in the game.

**Lunch Break**

1 goal in two games is a decent start for my guy. Hope he keeps it up and a semi big Premier league club takes a chance on him. Don't want to go to the big teams just yet. Let him prove himself first.

July/August 2011 - The Beginning - Pt 2

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Im Andy Gray, and with me once again today is Richard Keys.

Richard: Today we are going to round up our coverage of the Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: First we are looking at the man with my favourite name.

Mundungus Shacklebolt (Aml/St) - Udinese

The star with the biggest club, Shacklebolt may well be in for a learning year, with chances in the first team few and far between.

Richard: He is yet to make an apperance in the league, but did have that one apperance off the bench in the 4-1 home loss to Lyon.

Andy: In the Champions League best placed playoff, which will be great experience for the young lad.

Richard: But time will tell whether he is dropped to the reserves, continues to train with the first team or goes out on loan.

Edoardo Lorenzo (Ml/Amr) - Triestina

Lorenzo chose the Italian leagues, and Triestina. He hopes to ply his trade here and then move on to bigger things.

Andy: The youngster has appeared in the Italian cup, but other than that there is not much to speak of.

Richard: He is one of those players who at the moment is one of our smaller stars, but could possibly have a great future ahead of him.

Andy: The ability to play on either wing will really help the lad in his deveopment as well.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Amr/St) - Bolton

Bjornsson, currently on international duty with Sweden U21, has had a good start to his career at Bolton. Starting in 2 league games and in the league cup win against Bristol Rovers.

Andy: This lad has probably had the most beneficial transition of the lot.

Richard: Coming into a top league and getting alot of playing time.

Andy: A good decision for him to play in England. Yet to find his scoring boots, but has shown some potential in the games he has played.

Richard: He is one I believe we will be seeing alot of in the near future Andy.

Andy: I couldn't agree more Richard.

Josh Wilson (Amrc) - Alaves

Wilson joined lower league spanish team Alaves, but has yet to make an apperance.

Andy: However we have just learnt that he is in the Lativia squad for the Euro Qualifiers against Georgia and Greece.

Richard: So he has a week for 2 high profile games.

Andy: This could raise his stock across the globe, and maybe earn him some potential suitors for the future.

Eighteen Rabbit (M/Amr) - USBCO

Rabbit one of our two players in the french leagues is with Ligue 2 outfit USBCO.

Richard: The young lad has started well, starting in 5 games for USBCO.

Andy: He has scored a goal, set up a goal and has looked every part a key player for the french side.

Richard: Another Future Star with a great start to the campaign.

Mike Nevo (Amc/St) - RC Lens

Our second Future Star in Ligue 2 is Mike Nevo. The American has had a good start with his side RC Lens.

Richard: 4 games and 0 goals or assists yet but some high quality performances that have seen him gain quite a few fans.

Andy: A paper rating average of 7.07 and another Star who seems to be flourishing in France.

Richard: Vive le France.

Andy: Steady on Richard.

Richard Paldaninnii (Aml/St) - Southampton

The man from Bethlehem ended up at Southhampton. Which doesn't quite fit the Christmas story. But with a good championship side, and a decent squad, this could be an exciting time for both the Israeli and the Saints

Andy: This young man has settled in tremendously.

Richard: 5 starts 3 goals, including 2 goals in the previous 2 games.

Andy: One in the impressive victory of Premier league side Newcastle in the League cup. The other in the most recent league game.

Richard: A one all draw with Burnley.

Andy: Sitting 3rd in the League must be a confidence boost for the whole team.

Richard: And expecially for Paldaninni, knowing he is there top scorer.

Andy: Big things ahead for this lad.

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Notts Forest

The Zambian plucked for England and the Championship with Nottingham Forest, a decision he will surely not regret.

Richard: This guy is a rock.

Andy: He has been tremendous from the get go.

Richard: A MOM in his pro debut and he hasn't looked back.

Andy: 4 league games and a cup game to his name and a MOM and an assist.

Richard: Not to mention an average rating of 7.42, and an average of 5 tackles a game.

Andy: A force to be reckoned with and a player who could be insturmental in saving them from the drop.

Richard: A 6th place media prediction hasn't shown as Forest are currently 21st

Andy: Well thats all for this show.

Richard: Join us again in 6 months time when we will once again taake a look at our....

Both Together: FUTURE STARS.

***off air microphone chatter***

Andy: That was cheesy.

Richard: Well you are the one who got us into this mess the last time.

Andy: I still say that wom......

***Cuts to Credits***

Archived