Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">National grid have confirmed there was no problem with power on the tube. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There could still be a power surge, as the expert on the BBC now has just said, an explosion at a substation could of caused a power surge not noticed by the National Grid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doubt it tbh, would show up on computer records if there was a power surge on any of their lines.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"advising everyone to get to a national rail station and get out of london." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely countering the advice from the MET. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good old Sky. icon_rolleyes.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Sweet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Arent you a dick. icon13.gif I specifically came here to see if everyone from SI and this forum are okay and you think 100 odd dead people so far is "sweet". I also have a friend who lives near Russell Sq and takes the tube every morning and her phone is "disconnected" right now - thats a worry.

You definately are a ****ing tool for saying "sweet".

*apologies for the others for the language.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Robson:

haha terrorists so arrogant, waiting until london got the olympics before bombing it. basically a double attack on cockneys :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That post screams "wannabe otf coolboy" so loud.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kouv0:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky:

isreali embassy was told by scotland yard minutes before attacks that terrorists were going to strike (sky news) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it is and this is because of the olympics

thats VERY coincidental considering terrorism and the olympics

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jearngngngngng84:

anybody see the 'advice' on Sky News a few minutes ago?

"advising everyone to get to a national rail station and get out of london."

do they not think whoever is responsible will have planned for that nad maybe set up more bombs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that police advice or georgie thompson advice or what ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

He's making a speech at 12. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didnt hear that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wonder Who's Wonderkid:

Inade Asia...WW3 here we comeicon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sydney666:

Is everyone from SI okay???

icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

After checking a lot of websites here, it's 5 explosions on tube... one was between Aldgate and Liverpool Street. At least two bombs on buses as well. Can anybody at SI tell me if Joe O'Reilly is okay??? I'm a mate of his from home....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Where's Jack and Tony when you need them icon_frown.gif

EDGAR, OPEN A PORT FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not jack and tony but apparently the real CTU are being brought down from scotland

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedwar Pump:

I'm due to be working at Charing Cross station this afternoon, trains are still running according to my boss icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Overground trains are working to some mainline stations in London but I think Liverpool St and Kings Cross at least are shutdown. The tube is very much not working and probably won't for the rest of the week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sydney666:

Yes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Still no news from my friend though. icon_mad.gif

Aye all present and accounted for as far as I know icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedwar Pump:

I'm due to be working at Charing Cross station this afternoon, trains are still running according to my boss icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he just wants you to go to work icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Heskey=God:

After checking a lot of websites here, it's 5 explosions on tube... one was between Aldgate and Liverpool Street. At least two bombs on buses as well. Can anybody at SI tell me if Joe O'Reilly is okay??? I'm a mate of his from home.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Police have said only one bomb on a bus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Sweet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Arent you a dick. icon13.gif I specifically came here to see if everyone from SI and this forum are okay and you think 100 odd dead people so far is "sweet". I also have a friend who lives near Russell Sq and takes the tube every morning and her phone is "disconnected" right now - thats a worry.

*apologies for the others for the language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100 odd? Oh aye?

100 odd? Oh aye?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wonder Who's Wonderkid:

Inade Asia...WW3 here we comeicon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not you again icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Where's Jack and Tony when you need them icon_frown.gif

EDGAR, OPEN A PORT FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif - cheers foobs, that has lightened the mood for me icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Heskey=God:

After checking a lot of websites here, it's 5 explosions on tube... one was between Aldgate and Liverpool Street. At least two bombs on buses as well. Can anybody at SI tell me if Joe O'Reilly is okay??? I'm a mate of his from home.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Police have said only one bomb on a bus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure? [/pop quiz]

Police have said only one bomb on a bus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes only one bomb bus

That was before I knew the extent, when I said sweet, I thought it was a nothing explosion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

he just wants you to go to work icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I was thinking icon_wink.gif Looks like a walk for me then, Victoria to Charing Cross

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

Yes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it depends what you mean by okay? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gregory_isaacs:

is Blair still playing golf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's having a right blast apparently.

too early icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

100 odd? Oh aye? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was only 2 confirmed dead?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is that police advice or georgie thompson advice or what ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Police Advice is 'to stay where you are.'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

Has Rolfe made it to work? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it, but he is ok, and he said he'd tell me more later </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skiver icon_mad.gif

Yeah 100 odd sadly. Ive already heard it on Italian news and on CNN. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Riiiight

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam.S:

apparently the terrorists think God wants this to happen icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Terrorists are tools who dont understand anything about god. They think "donkeys" as advanced transport. Im surpised they know how to make friggen bombs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by defusion:

He's making a speech at 12. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didnt hear that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's hasn't made it yet. Arf! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">at this point for the amount of explosions that went off the fatality rate is thankfully very very low - it could have been so much worst </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree icon14.gif

Archived