FM 2012: Aberdeen FC team guide - The Quest for Star Three

close season/start season 2

TRANSFERS

PLAYERS IN

first took in a 3 youth players recommended to me - all regens - only on 30 pounds a week - all value 250k - 350k

scout said good youngster at quens park, ended up with 3 - all free, same as above 30 a week, all over 200k

emmar santos - free -superb regen from french acadamy, worth 500k, wide attack/striker

tyrone loran - 7k from lierse. good solid ctr def for cover

scott brown - free - amazingly offered him, he came for just over 3k a week (plus top earner clause)

another 3 x 16 yr old regens - brilliant columbian striker for the future

LOANS

with man city and arsenal was hoping for some lucky loans.

alex nimely - man city. great wee striker

denis - man city. amc. just keeping for cover.

carl jenkinson - arsenal dc/r - playing at rb due to injuries - awesome so far

PLAYERS OUT

maurice ross- released

jamie langfield - free - luton

rory fallon - free - luton

jason brown - 18k - hibs

michael paton- 28k - plymouth

2 youngsters released and 4 on loan to feeder club for experience

money freed from these players pays for scott brown and all other players brought in. have tried to get in some exciting youngsters, all worth over 200k, so if they not looking up to it (all 4 star and more scouting rating) they will be sold on and the profit put towards some decent players as mr milne is there and gives me nothing :)

SEASON 2

unbeaten in pre-season, but there was no major hard games.

squad looked huge as kept all the decent youngsters in first squad for them(fortunately i did!)

LEAGUE

AFC 1 -0 motherwell

AFC 2 - 1 killie

EURO QUALIFYING 4TH ROUND

tidy 1-1 draw at home first leg, nimely scoring plus having 2 offside goals disallowed. first time i have seen replays that showed were onside - both,......

away leg a fantastic 3-2 win, with youngsters and nimely bagging the goals. had nightmare with 6 players away for u-21s. youngsters on bench had to come on, lost 4 first players long term in this game, along with 3 others out before it -

qualified and delighted - group stage i have drawn man utd,dortmund ans steua,,,, group of death..

INJURIES

KÁRI out for a few weeks

chalali and big josh out for 4 weeks

scott brown 6-8 weeks

osbourne - 3-4 weeks

mawéné - 3 weeks

laudrup - 7 weeks

jack - 4 weeks

time for the young ones to earn their 30 quid a week ;)

STAND FREE!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okaydoke, a quick update:

Viorel Nicoara has arrived to strengthen my left mid spot, and a few new regens have arrived. I'm in the CL group stages...Rosenborg and Dinamo Zagreb were easier to overturn than expected. Now about to undertake my third CL game, home against Arsenal. Mglup!! Drew my first game at home with Athletic Bilbao and then won away to Zenit 3-1. Best result ever. :D

Wish me luck!

So on Friday I returned from 5 months in California and I knew the first thing I had to do....time to restore some pride to the mighty Dons!

Season 1:

Same as last year I opted to switch between my 3 CB -1 DM -4 MD - 2 ST and my 3 CB - 1 DM - 2 CM - 2 WG - 2 ST formations. Looking at the squad meant I needed to make a few tweaks from the start and I decided to get to work on reshaping my squad. Plenty in's and out's before the season started as well as the appointment of Man City as a Parent and Peterhead as a Feeder Club.

Summer Transfer Window

Ins:

Wotherspoon - 200k - Hibs

Kirkpatrick - 100k - Hamilton

Mustafi - Loan - Everton

Colic - Loan - Maribor - Future Fee 100k(Well Worth It! Absolute Gem Last Year, Seems Better This Time)

Pivkovski - Loan - Blackburn

Blumstein - Free

Bohm - Free

Lebbihi - Free

Danso - Free

Boakye - Free

Outs:

Mackie - 60k - Scunthorpe

McCardle - 100k - Hibs

Milsom - 140k - Birmingham

Langfield - 140k - Burnley

Foster - 450k - Leeds

Dunlop - Loan - Peterhead

Lukasik - Loan - Peterhead

Gonzalez - Ended Loan - Man City

I decided to reshape my squad a lot, no need for my full backs and took a large chunk off the wage bill.

Season started rockily and going into the 2nd half of October we were struggling in 11th place, however all of a sudden Josh Magennis found his scoring boots! He bag 10 goals through to November and we went from 11th up to 6th. I was knocked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round on penalties to St. Johnstone. All in all I was pretty disapointted in the first half of the season and as looking for more improvements come the 2nd half.

In January I continued to mould the squad further removing more dead weight and adding further reinforcments on what little budget I had.

January Window

Ins:

Ma Kalambey - Free

Mahaya - Loan - Man City

Benedictus - Loan - Dundee

Outs:

Fallon - Free - Dag & Red

Clark - Free - Stevenage

Chilali - Free - Luton

Jason Brown - Released

C.Smith - Loan - Peterhead

Devaney - Loan - Peterhead

The second half of the season the club has continued to improve. Our final position as 6th place with Magennis finishing with 19 goals this season! He probably would have finished with more had he not missed a month just before the season. We also lost in the Scottish Cup 5th Round to Ross County which was a disapointment. However the absolute highlight of the Scottish cup had to definitely be seeing Buckie Thistle beating the Celtic 2-1 at Parkhead!

At the end of the season the board have given me the provisional budget for next year...they've been kind enough to drop my wage allowance from 33k to 19k gotta love stewart milne!

Season 2: Preseason Report

So after finishing 6th last season I've decided to make some big changes to my Aberdeen team. A number of players have left through either free transfers and a couple on deals, as well as several being allowed to go gain loan experience.

The board originally took my wage down to 19k with a 300k transfer budget, however I immediately altered this so my budget each week has gone up to 24k p/w. I've also managed to stretch my transfer budget big time by making all my fees paid over 48 months meaning it barely cut into my transfer budget.

My objective is to qualify for Europa League this season and I'm hoping for massive improvements in the cups on a domestic front.

Summer Window

INS -

Volas - 200k - Maribor

Novikovas - 160k - Hearts

Marceta - 100k - Koper

Colic - 100k - Maribor

Cummins - 24k - Utercht

Kobylik - Free - Really Impressive Czech ST/RWG Regen

Clifford - Loan - Chelsea

Yaisien - Loan - Man City

Mahaya - Loan - Man City

OUTS

Vernon - Free - Chesterfield

Mawene - Free - Sassulo

Arnason - Free - Triestina

Osbourne - Free - Dag & Red.

Folly - Free - Chesterfield

Dunlop - Released

Duguid - Released

Murray - Released

Danso - 45k - Rochdale

Boyake - 230k - Bristol City

Blumstein -60k - Leeds

Ramsay(Regen LB) - 500k - Birmingham - Plus 50% of profit

Megginson - Loan - Peterhead

Low - Loan - Peterhead

Falsaperta - Loan - Peterhead

O'Neil - Loan - Peterhead

It's been pretty busy but I feel I know have a much more balanced squad ready to push on in the league this season. Also arranged a load of high profile friendlies in order to boost the clubs finances since balancing the books at the club are a constant struggle :O

I have started my second save with Aberdeen and seem to be struggling can't get a win. I have only taking in a few players and sold couple, been using the same tactics that I hav used in other FM12 saves. I just seem to struggle to score goals my defence is good enough. Anyone else come across this? Any help would be great. I usually love playing as the dons!

keithy boy, i got a lot of goals from corners.

i have mawéné attacking far post and the corner taker (best stat for corner) aiming to back post. i have kári attacking the front post and aiming for the front post from the other side, getting some great returns on that. both into double figure s and i topped the league for goals from corners. dont get that many goals except for that and vernon bagged 25 in first season.

got some fantasic, amazing news

when i sold mackie (80k scunthorpe) i must of sneaked in a "when reaches 20 goals" clause

just got a mail to say i have been given 10k for him reaching 20

well done darren - knew you had it in you ;)

Season 2: Mid Season Update

Really good 1st half of the season for my Dons team. At the end of the January transfers window we're sitting in 2nd place with 51 points after 23 games. We're 4 points behind Celtic and 1 clear of Dundee Utd in 3rd. Played my reserves in the league cup and was knocked out in the 3rd round by Hibernian. Scottish Cup I'm into the 5th round away to Falkirk. Signing of the season so far seems to be a portugese striker called Esmeal Goncalves who I managed to pick up on a free transfer after seeing him score 4 in the Portugal trial 11s game. So far he has 16 goals and 4 assists in 23 games including scoring the winner in the 86th minute at Ibrox, safe to say he's already a fans favorite!

Made a few more signings after the first game of the season when I posted my last update and they seem to have gelled really well. In January I also chose to move on a few of the fringe players in order to keep the wage bill down. For some reason Aberdeens finances are an absolute mess in this seasons game :O

From Start Of Season Until End Of January

IN

Brady - Free - Man Utd

Miguel - Free - Arsenal

Coady - Free - Liverpool

Taylor - Free - Chelsea

Goncalves - Free - Portugal Trial 11

Veseli - Free - Man City

Booth - 140k - Hibs

Perrey - Free

Blackman - Loan - Chelsea

OUT

Bohm - 26k - Rostock

Ma Kalambey - 60k - Peterborough

Paton - 40k - Notts County

Novikovas - 160k - Odd

Lebbihi - Free - Bradford

McManus - Loan - Livingston

Colic - Loan - Dundee

Robertson - Loan - Raith

Kirkpatrick - Loan - Sheff Wed

Lukasik - Loan - Bristol City

Vesseli - Loan - Livingston

Aim for the 2nd half of the season has to be to keep in at least the top 3 of the SPL but also to try win the Scottish Cup. Anyone have any good links for training sessions to develop my players? Would really help!

Back on this after a brief sojourn in the Dutch leagues.

Into season 5 and my league positioning so far has been Sixth - Third - Champions - Champions.

So going for an unprecedented three titles in a row and with the squad i've got i'll be disappointed if i don't.

Havent' bought anyone yet but my squad now includes:

Anders Lindegaard, Paul McShane, Paul Hanlon, Darron Gibson, Conor Clifford, Fraser Fyvie, Daniel Sturridge, Arsenio Valpoort.

Superb squad, hopefully this'll be the first year i've got Euro football after xmas but with Liverpool, CSKA Moscow and FC Twente in my CL Group it'll be a challenge.

End of season 2013-14 report:

SPL

1st Aberdeen (94pts)

2nd Celtic (87pts)

3rd Rangers (68pts)

4th Dundee Utd (52pts)

5th Kilmarnock (49pts)

6th St. Mirren (40pts)

Celtic and ourselves ran away in the league this time around. Rangers were a disappoinment, don't think I lost to them all season.

Won the League Cup, 2-1 against St. Mirren, and won the Scottish Cup, 2-1 against Celtic after extra time.

In Europe things went amazingly well, us getting out of a tough group including Athletic, Arsenal and Zenit. Finished second in the group with two wins, two draws and two losses (beat Zenit twice and drew with Arsenal and Athletic once apiece).

Drew Shakhtar in the first knockout round and won 1-0 at home but lost 2-0 away. Still, the money earned from the competition has really filled up the club's coffers and we cleared our debts at the end of the season.

In January we were handed an extra £3.9m to spend and brought in Frantisek Kovarik, a Czech regen striker for just £190k. He scored 10 goals in 23 games, including those as a substitute, in all competitions. Not a bad signing.

Also signed a Norwegian right back regen from Rosenborg (Thomas Strand) for £500k. The fans love him despite him only playing three times.

Now in pre-season for the 2014 season, was given a £6.6m transfer budget and went a bit crazy. Practically rebuilt half the team.

Main players in:

Craig Sibbald (£625k) from Falkirk

Shaun Hutchinson (£2.3m) from Motherwell

Donal McDermott (£1.1m) from Huddersfield

Kenny McLean (£1.4m) from St. Mirren

Davie McEwan [regen] (£1.8m) from Falkirk

Sean Narey [regen] (£625k) from Crewe.

Chasing Callum Booth from Hibs but they're being very reluctant and want £4.1m. Trying to get that down but it's proving impossible.

Main players out:

Luigi Bruins (£800k) to Bochum

Jo Sondre Aas (£210k) to Aachen

Danny Rogers (£150k) to Hibs

Mitchel Megginson (free) to Charlton

Julien Cetout (£1.1m) to WBA

Armand N'Djama (£700k) to Sampdoria

Cammy Bell (£170k) to Aston Villa

Chris Hegarty (£20k) to Motherwell

Also released Dougie Imrie, Karl Svensson, Michael Paton and a bunch of youngsters.

A net transfer spend of £4.7m so far and still almost £4m to spend. A new keeper and another left back are top of the list.

Best XI: (4-4-2)

1. Kristoffer Nordfelt

2. Thomas Strand [regen]

3. Joakim Vage Nilsen

4. Niall Canavan

5. Shaun Hutchinson

6. Fraser Fyvie

7. Viorel Nicoara

8. Kenny McLean

9. Dawid Janczyk/Frantisek Novarik [regen]

10. Agon Mehmeti

11. Jorgen Skjelvik

Quick update:

Just came through two qualifying rounds of the Champions League (One extra round compared to last year! But at least based on my antics the previous season Scotland have two spots in the CL next year). Beat Flamurtari 9-1 on aggregate in the second qualifying round then Molde 4-2 in the third round. Got APOEL Nicosia in the playoffs. That's winnable. Should be in the group stages again this year!

Gave up on Callum Booth. Really want him but he's not worth what Hibs want. Will wait till Stephen Hendrie is ready for first team football or Booth wants to leave. Really keen on having a Scottish (or at least British) nucleus to the side this year. In that vein Robbie Thomson arrived from Celtic for £85k to be second choice keeper after Cammy Bell's departure, since Andrew Murphy (signed from Livi, season two) decided he needed first team football so sold him to Falkirk for £110k.

I've had Daniel Sturridge given his first cap for England while at my AFC. I've had some pretty good Englishmen over the years of CM/FM but i think that might be the first time i've had one capped. Also have Arsenio Valpoort in the Holland squad, yet to be capped, but another major plus for my team.

Made it to Europa League Quarter Finals in Season 5.

Beat Villareal 1-0 both home and away. Followed up with a 3-0 win in Greece v. Panathinaikos and a nail-biting 4-4 draw at Pittodrie.

Its Inter Milan in the Quarters with HSV/Roma the draw in the semi............don't suppose i'll get that Star 3 this season but i'm heading the right way.

Lose 1-0 at Pittodrie to Inter.

Go to Milan hoping to keep it tight and hit them on the break. They go 1-0 up on the hour, down but not out.

Set 'Overload' with 15 to go and with 3 minutes remaining Jerome Hubert (regen) gives me hope.

The fourth official has just signalled 5 additional minutes when WAAALT Daniel Sturridge nets an unstoppable curler from the edge of the box! I'm thru on away goals!

Then they kick off an go right up the park and score.

Its a cruel game this.

Season 2: End of Year Report

What a way to end the season!!!! Going into the final day of the season the league looked like this:

1st-Dundee Utd 82pts

2nd-Celtic 79pts

3rd-Aberdeen 79pts

The final games had me away to Hearts, Celtic away to ICT and Dundee Utd away to Rangers. In order for me to win the league I had to win, hope Dundee Utd lost and Celtic didn't win.....

At half time I was 2-0 down, Celtic were losing 1-0 and down to 9 men, and Dundee Utd had a 1-0 win against 10 man Rangers at Ibrox. With the clock counting down and 30 minutes left I got a lifeline, at almost the same time Dundee Utd went down to 10 men and Rangers scored the penalty and my star Striker Goncalves scored a magnificant solo goal. Then 2 minutes later he scored a second! We were tied so were united by this point Celtic were 3-1 down and out of the equation! 83rd minute and Rangers go ahead, its still weird cheering a scum goal but the title was there for the winning so I didn't care. Then in the 90th minute, Joe Shaughnessy, who had become a rock at CB for me this season pops up at a corner to put us ahead! Then the icing on the cake from KO Goncalves nicks the ball and rifles it in from 30yrds! We won 4-2, Rangers held on! DONS WIN LEAGUE TITLE!

League Cup - 3rd Round - Lost to Hibs

Scottish Cup - Qtr Final - Lost to Rangers

Top Scorer - 24 Goals Goncalves

Overall a fantastic season! Early predictions from the board for next season shows that despite the poss of Champs League football they are willing to give me 30k a week in wages and a MASSIVE transfer budget of 60k :confused: Gotta love Stewart Milne huh? On the brightside they did agree to upgrade both my Youth and Training facilities so not all bad :D

Season 3: Start of Season Update

Aim: Euro Cup Qualification Wages: £35k per week Transfers: £300k

So after last seasons success in the SPL Aberdeen were into the Champions League qualifiers. We went in at the last round before the group stage but for some reason weren't placed in the Champions section but instead in the best placed round? Anyway we gave it a good go but it was always going to be a challenge as we drew Lyon, a 0-0 draw away from home as a good result but we were then beaten 2-1 at Pittodrie. Not too bad and now we're into the group stages of the Europa league.

Group was drawn as Aberdeen, Tottenham, Basel and AEK. Played my first game at home against Spurs and went on to lose 2-1, not the best start but on the brightside I think we've got the quality to get out of the group stages.

On the transfer front it was quite a busy summer. My parent clubs - Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd, all sent me players on loan helping to improve the squad and leaving my wage bill untouched. Highlight of the summer signings, probably bring back big nico vujadinovic to todders! Also managed to pick up several v highly rated french youngsters on free transfers from the french footballing academy, definitely worth having a look if you're short of quality.

IN

Vujadinovix - Free

T.Thorpe - Free - Man Utd

N.Vossebelt - Free - Willem II

Moravcik - Free - Colwyn Bay

Chiruzingu - Free - Club Brugge

D.Masek - Free

A.Diouf - Free - INF Clairefontaine

N. El Kadiri - Free - INF Clairefontaine

S.Noyha - Free - INF Clairefontaine

M.Nimba - Free - INF Clairefontaine

G.Compper - Free - INF Clairefontaine

M.Nelson - Free - Hamilton

L.Digne - Loan - Man City

A.Ibrahim - Loan - Man City

D.Rose - Loan - Tottenham

D.Pacheco - Loan - Liverpool

B.Megyeri - Loan - Chelsea

OUT

M.Cooper - Released

K.Gibbons - Released

D.Marceta - £150k - Brighton

A.Considine - £200k - Southhampton

21 youngsters sent out on loan to various lower league Scottish/English Clubs

Going to start a save with Aberdeen. Any tips?

1. Keep Fraser Fyvie/Ryan Jack/Peter Pawlett!

2. And Yoel Mawene for at least season one.

3. Sign a new RB and LM for first team ASAP.

4. In order to do number 3, you need to move on all the dead weight ASAP.

5. Be aware that Langfield's stats will have dropped a fair amount by the time David Gonzalez's loan finishes so neither he or Jason Brown are really good enough for the first team. So look for a new keeper in January.

Apart from that...enjoy it!

Ive got Arsenal as a parent club & they have sent me Alex Olexade-Chamberlain & Sanchez Watt on loan :cool:. No wages :). Also signed James McFadden & Abubakari Yakubu on free transfers.

Man, you got McFadden? You're sorted. Tried to get him but he went to the EPL. Don't know why but I never bother with getting a parent club for Aberdeen. I hate the idea of having a player for one season then losing them and starting all over again. But those are some great loanees!

Keep us updated. Maybe we'll make it past just one page. :-)

Won our opening league game 1-0 at home to St.Johnstone despite being down to 10 men. Karl Arnason was deservedly sent off for 2 silly tackles which resulted in yellow cards and even though we were up against it from the 42nd minute, we battled on and an Andrew Considine header in the 91st minute grabbed us all 3pts on the opening day of the season.

As my own little update, just qualified for the Group Stages of the CL for the second year running. APOEL Nicosia defeated 3-1 on aggregate. Also signed Stefan Johansen for £210k from Stromgodset. Bringing my total spending for this season to an unbelievable £8.25m. With £3.4m coming in that's a large outlay on transfers in but nothing spectacular to be honest. Shaun Hutchinson was my most expensive at £2.3m. Hardly a household name but the other SPL names are really charging a fortune for their players.

Point in fact, Celtic had to pay £2.9m for Nick Ross from Inverness CT. Really?!

Two of my players just scored their first international goals and are of course overjoyed...now both are making noises about moving to bigger clubs. :( Damn their big heads.

EDIT: Dawid Janczyk just scored a hattrick for Poland and he too wants to move to a bigger club. Damnit!

What are the best roles for the strikers? Ive been using Vernon as a TM because of his lack of pace, but not sure if its best for him.

Also, anyone got any recommendations for a CB and/or FW on loan?

1. Keep Fraser Fyvie/Ryan Jack/Peter Pawlett!

2. And Yoel Mawene for at least season one.

3. Sign a new RB and LM for first team ASAP.

4. In order to do number 3, you need to move on all the dead weight ASAP.

5. Be aware that Langfield's stats will have dropped a fair amount by the time David Gonzalez's loan finishes so neither he or Jason Brown are really good enough for the first team. So look for a new keeper in January.

Apart from that...enjoy it!

I used Ryan Jack as my right back, have done for 9 seasons now, he is also the Scotland right back, i personally wouldnt waste the tiny money you have starting off with the dons getting a new one in.

What are the best roles for the strikers? Ive been using Vernon as a TM because of his lack of pace, but not sure if its best for him.

Also, anyone got any recommendations for a CB and/or FW on loan?

I used him as a target man attack duty with supply to head which worked ok, but you really need someone beside him. I took in John Baird from Raith i think, he went onto score bucketloads of goals alongside Veron and Fallon.

Your biggest issue first season with the dons is the lack of width, thats what i concentrated on to begin with. Considine and Mwene will do the first season or two before you can pick up a few free transfers at the end of the 1st. McFadden will come to you if you get in their first as well, he will be a godsend if you can free up the wages.

I used Ryan Jack as my right back, have done for 9 seasons now, he is also the Scotland right back, i personally wouldnt waste the tiny money you have starting off with the dons getting a new one in.

He is going to be my back-up to Yakubu this season.

I used him as a target man attack duty with supply to head which worked ok, but you really need someone beside him. I took in John Baird from Raith i think, he went onto score bucketloads of goals alongside Veron and Fallon.

Your biggest issue first season with the dons is the lack of width, thats what i concentrated on to begin with. Considine and Mwene will do the first season or two before you can pick up a few free transfers at the end of the 1st. McFadden will come to you if you get in their first as well, he will be a godsend if you can free up the wages.

See post #68 for my signings :cool:.

Yeah he turns out good which is why I said to keep him, but first season I used him as a sub and if my RB or RM was injured. He did the job but he's still young. Yakabu's experience will be more helpful in season 1 IMO.

See post #68 for my signings :cool:.

My first season signings were:

Yves Desmrets - free

Michael Woods - free

Zlatan Bajarmovic - free

Lewis Milne - Cowdebeath -£8k

John Baird -£200k - Raith (january)

Jerzy Dudek - free (january)

and i sold

Josh Meggenins - £500k!!!!!! -Motherwell!!!!!

Yonnan Folly - £50k -PSV

Joseph Shaughennesy - Loan fee of £12k - Killie

Darren Makie - loan fee of £10k Dundee

Clark Robertson - free loan Cowdenbeath

Michael Paton - £45k Bury

Basically Motherwell got hammered and made like £5m in transfer fee's so they had cash to spare and it saved my first season really, struggled badly up till january and then got Baird and him alone basically took me into the top 6, he left after 5 years a club icon :D

I sold Magennis to Motherwell to, but only got £400k and it was spread over 48 month :(. I also had to sell Rory McArdle to St.Johnstone so that I could balance the books, but I am bringing in Eric Addo as his replacement on a 1 year contract on just £500 a week :cool:.

Also going to sell Jamie Langfield to Blackpool for £200k. His stats a rocketing down with his injury and Im not going to play him. His rating is the same as Jason Brown's and come December I will make sure I have someone else in line to come in.

Pre-Season-August 2011 Update

Results - Friendlies

aberdeenfixturesfixture.png

So my friendlies were pretty much littered with draws......a scene which would be normal in the opening months of the season.

Transfers - Staff

aberdeentransfershistor.png

My first job when I joined the club was to determine which staff I felt were good enough to help in the development of my players. As you can see, I let quite a few go and brought in people who I felt were up to the job of working for this famous club.

Transfers - Players

aberdeentransfershistor.png

As with many of you, I recognised my areas of weakness. I sold what players I could at the best deal, especially an injured Jamie Langfield to Blackpool for a healthy £200k. I knew that I wouldnt be using him until atleast January, and even then he wouldnt be getting a new contract so I took what I could. Others also left to free up the wage budget so I could bring in my own players.

My cause was helped by making sure I received Arsenal as a parent club, who quickly sent Alex Olexade-Chamberlain and Sanchez Watt on loan to us. In the days prior to that I strengthened our positions at RB with the experienced Yakubu and also the weakest area of the team (LW) by singning the quality of James McFadden. Despite his current injury, when he returns he will be lethal at this level.

Following the sale of Rory McArdle to St.Johnstone who was a high earner at the club, I brough in Eric Addo on a free transfer with a 1 year contract on just £500 p/w. My summer signings were complete with experienced striker Francis Jeffers who will hopefully add an extra dimension to my attack.

Results - Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Aberdeen 1 (Considine 90+1'; Arnason SO 42')

St.Johnstone 0

St.Mirren 0

Aberdeen 0 (Osbourne SO 48')

Aberdeen 1 (Chalali 22')

Celtic 1 (Commons 63')

Hearts 1 (Sutton 13')

Aberdeen 0

Aberdeen 2 (Hogg OG 22'; Chalali 34')

Inverness CT 2 (Foran 38'; Ross 58')

Rangers 1 (McCulloch 6')

Aberdeen 0

The month was very mixed. Annoyed with the draw against Inverness, especially as we dominated. Frustrated with the draw at St.Mirren as despite being down to 10 men, we could have won, p*ssed off with the defeat at Hearts. Delighted with the late winner against St.Johnstone and proud with the performances against Celtic & Rangers. We matched Celtic all over the pitch, and although we went a goal down early at Ibrox and they dominated the 1st half, I gave the lads a stern talking to at HT and we absolutely battered them in the 2nd, but sadly we couldnt get that all important equilizer.

clydesdalebankpremierle.png

Results - Scottish League Cup

Stirling 0

Aberdeen 5 (Chamberlain 15'; Fallon 64'; Vernon 71'; Fyvie 77'; Megginson 89')

A nice win in the cup in what was a frustrating month at the home of a side in my favourite Scottish town/city!!!!

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round Draw

Aberdeen -v- St.Johnstone

I'd definitely recommend Lewis Milne for you boys. He's a young lad from Cowdenbeath, I picked him up at the end of the 1st season on a free. His value's at £1.8million, and he's playing week in week out for Celtic on loan at the minute with and ave. rating of 7.46.

Looks like a very good prospect.

lewismilnereportsscoutr.png

Had the scouts on him & thats his report. For a free I wont be able to say no :p.

September-October 2011 Update

Results - Clydesdale Bank of Scotland Premier

Hibernian 3 (O'Connor 7', 46'; Griffiths 36')

Aberdeen 0

Aberdeen 2 (Watt 19'; McFadden 31')

St.Johnstone 1 (Sissoko 9')

Motherwell 3 (Nelisse 15'; Higdon 54'; Humphrey 54')

Aberdeen 3 (McFadden 1', 74'; Jeffers 3')

Aberdeen 1 (McFadden 12'; McFadden missed pen 56')

Dunfermline 0

Aberdeen 1 (Jeffers 3')

Dundee Utd 0

Celtic 2 (Majstrovic 32'; Forrest 73')

Aberdeen 1 (McFadden 90+2')

Aberdeen 0 (Yakubu SO 51')

Rangers 3 (Jelavic 27'; Naismith pen 41', 76')

Hit & miss really. Good form until we played the Olf Firm. Think this could be a pattern really.

clydesdalebankpremierle.png

Im not to worried with the league position because from Inverness down its very tight. The lack of goals however is starting to annoy me.

Results - Scottish League Cup 3rd Round

Aberdeen 3 (Fallon 2', 21'; Watt 44')

St.Johnstone 2 (Sheridan 53'; 62')

Scottish League Cup Quater Final

Hearts 1 (Obua 88')

Aberdeen 0

anyone got any good skin recommendations?? kind of liking the dark one in the screenshots above.

will stick up the records later cadijk, but am so slow only managed one season so far - but its a start!!

currently have only 1 of my preferred starting 11 fit to play, in all my years of fm have never had so many injuries - all long term. latest is PP - just back from injury, took him on for 10 mins at end for a bit of exercise - now out for 5 months! and he was my only wide midfielder over 17yr old who was looking to be near fit! - i feel like i am getting forced into craig brown tactics - if i like it or not!!!!

STAND FREE

I have managed to bring in Marek Stech, Jerzy Dudek, Robert Pires, Jason Koumas & John Baird (as recommended) in during the January window. Im obviously annoyed with McFadden leaving as he was the one bit of class I had in the side, but I suppose I will get a nice bit of money for him, and its also free'd up a lot of wages.

The players brought in will give me quite a bit of experience. I played Pires on the left wing at home to Dunfermline as an AP and his first contributions were to score a goal and assist John Baird who grabbed a brace on his debut.

I have managed to bring in Marek Stech, Jerzy Dudek, Robert Pires, Jason Koumas & John Baird (as recommended) in during the January window. Im obviously annoyed with McFadden leaving as he was the one bit of class I had in the side, but I suppose I will get a nice bit of money for him, and its also free'd up a lot of wages.

The players brought in will give me quite a bit of experience. I played Pires on the left wing at home to Dunfermline as an AP and his first contributions were to score a goal and assist John Baird who grabbed a brace on his debut.

Pires is a fantastic singing! Baird will grab plenty of goals as well, play him as a poacher with through ball supply and you will be laughing.

Eoin Jess :cool:.

My all time fav dons player!!

Archived