FM 2012: Aberdeen FC team guide - The Quest for Star Three

gibson signed for 4 yrs at 3,2k for me. stuck him straight into team as kari is injured. has high long shot stats so got him to fire a few in - 20 secs into debut hit bar, 7 mins into debut - hit bar, 17 mins into debut hit bar.....

where is the "aim a wee bit lower" button :D

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got Dwight Yorke. He arrived after Archie Knox retired. He's been really good! Not the highest level of motivation or tactical knowledge (12 & 13) but high adaptability, working with youngsters & judging player potential.

EDIT: 4 pages. Whoop!

Haha. Class :p.

Ive signed Steven Caldwell on a free transfer, and have got Paul McShane, Daneil Sturridge & Michael Johnson (Man City) as my main targets now. Just waiting for them to slowly drop their wage demands.

Have a look at Saleiro on your save as well. Trying to bring him in!!!

He's just signed for Sheffield United in the January transfer window. Not a bad player.

I tried to get Michael Johnson but just couldn't get his wage demands down. Sturridge is leaving Chelsea at the end of my current season so he's being watched closely, along with Jason Steele, the Middlesbrough keeper. A truly classy keeper. If I get him I'm sorted for the next ten years.

I agree with DandyDon. You look a bit light up front. Otherwise pretty strong. Though you could strengthen the wings...if you're regularly playing wingers that is. Where's Peter Pawlett?

UPDATE:

Just entered the split. Gone through a very rough patch in form. Our last five games we've LDLDW. The gap between Celtic and ourselves is down to 9 points and our last game will be at Parkhead. Hoping the boys can pick themselves up after recording a long overdue win.

Niall Canavan is on his way out. :( Won the league but he wants to move to a bigger club. Tried to talk him out of it but he's insisting. Set his asking price at £3m. It sucks to lose him but Sean Narey has been doing well on loan at Bochum since January and should be able to replace him next season. Still would recommend Canavan to anyone. A good player for a free transfer.

Damn Ally McCoist. Lost on penalties in the Scottish Cup final and his media comment after? That I'll hopefully stop with the mind game comments after this.

If only I could tell him that his performance in A Shot At Glory left me wishing Robert Duvall had never thought of the damned movie in the first place I'd have a real zinger on my hands:

"Ally should go back to making movies. He's much more effective as an actor than he is as a manager." the Aberdeen manager was reported as saying today.

Sort it out SI! :D

I just had a shockingly bad domestic 10th season. Won the treble last year and dominated, this year went out the league cup quarter final away to Hearts, went out the Scottish cup 4th round to a second divison Raith!!! (Obviously still annoyed i stole Baird all those years ago) and finished a lowly third in the league, losing 9 games in the process including my last 5 away games. Lost to St Johnstone for the first time in 10 years :(

On the plus side i finished third in my champs league group so fell into the Euro cup, got Metalist won 4-0 on agg, then had a portugese team, knocked them out 5-2 on agg, got Liverpool and thought that was it, they are sitting 5th this year so far in the EPL, went 2-0 down very quickly and had feared the worst, thankfully we didnt conceed any more and in the 91st min Reina (who is 38 and still going strong btw!!) dropped a corner into his own net :D, dancer!! Take them back to Todders and win 3-1!! Then i get Westham, who have two current golden ball nominee's in their team, beat them 2-1 at home and some how hold off at Upton Park for a 0-0 despite them having 38 shots at my goal (super keeper bug much!!) so there we have it, im in the final, have Leverkusen to lookforward to when i finish work tonight, before i begin my big re-building plan, some players have gotten stale and a few want to leave, i have ignored them up till now but i think i will have to bite the bullet and sell them on to improve the harmony at the club.

As a few have already said, got Arsenal as parent club. Sent Jenkinson DRC and Chamberlain M/AMRLC ST up for some first team experience. Chamberlain on International duty for the opening game against St Johnstone. Goals from Chalali, Oleguer and Milson secured a very impressive 3-0 win.

Transfers in:

Yves Desmarets D/WB/M/AML(free)

Oleguer DRC (free) Former Barca and Ajax defender

Alex Chamberlain M/AM RLC ST (Loan from Arsenal)

Carl Jenkinson DRC (Loan from Arsenal)

Transfers out:

Darren Mackie To Scunthorpe 60k

Rory McArdle To Hibs 75k

Freed up enough wages to get in my two new permanent signings. Still on the lookout for a new Striker to play alongside Vernon.

Approaching the end of Season 6 and still on course for the Treble (snared the League Cup already)

Thinking about targets for Season 7....Andy Carroll and Aaron Lennon both coming up to the end of their deals and transfer listed. Shall be trying to convince them that Pittodrie is where they need to be for their peak years.

Anybody signed any veterans? I note Leighton Baines and Nigel de Jong are also going to be free....at 32 years old are they past it now?

I'd be tempted to add another striker just to avoid the situation you had last season...or are Vernon and that regen still in the team, just not in that screenshot?
I agree with DandyDon. You look a bit light up front. Otherwise pretty strong. Though you could strengthen the wings...if you're regularly playing wingers that is. Where's Peter Pawlett?

UPDATE:

Just entered the split. Gone through a very rough patch in form. Our last five games we've LDLDW. The gap between Celtic and ourselves is down to 9 points and our last game will be at Parkhead. Hoping the boys can pick themselves up after recording a long overdue win.

Vernon wouldnt sign a new deal as a back-up player so he left on a free transfer. I was quite interested in the likes of Marc-Antoine Fortune as his contract expired, but his wage demands at the moment are to high.

Pawlett and I fell out last season so I have sold him to Crewe.

Having real problems finding any decent coaches to improve my squads training. There's a couple of good staff willing to sign for us but we can't get anywhere near paying them what they're asking for.

The board did at least agreee to increase the number of coaches I could employ as I'd feel wrong sacking the likes of Neil Simpson, John McMaster and Peter Weir. Have managed to find some useful scouts though, and as the club kindly informed me earlier in the season they were lifting restrictions on where I could send my scouts should hopefully have plenty reports flooding in soon.

Form wise we have managed to secure our first win over the Blue half of the Chuckle Brothers. Beating them 1-0 at Todders courtesy of a Bruins penalty, unfortunately it came at the end of a week where Celtic beat us 2-1 in the league at Celtic Park to leapfrog us into second, and Rangers dumped us out of the League cup 3-0 at Ibrox....although to be fair it was very makeshift team put out in the cup due to lack of fitness of several players.

I won my Euro cup final :D But third in the league and no cup finals is not acceptable for my team, going through a major overhaul, sold my best ever regen striker, born and bred dons man but he fancied a new challenge and i fancied £5m for him :) Going to change my central mid as Fyvie has started going backwards at 28, time for him to try pastures new i think.

Found myself a replacement for David Gonzalez when his loan finishes. I was originally intending to use Clangers for second half of the season, but he rather threw his toys out of the pram recently, so I've signed Niki Maenpaa (the 'a's should have some of thon funny wee double dots above them :p) a Finnish international who has played for Willem II and FC Den Bosch over in Holland.

Coaches have rated him at about the same level as Gonzalez and better than Clangers, so looks like he'll be it at least till next summer.......or until the unemplyed Timo Hildebrand drops his demands to something respectable ;)

Season 7, just helped keep my Scottish identity by signing David Templeton (free after Everton contract ended), Shane Sutherland (£400k from M/well), Brian Easton (£500k from Swansea). Also got Steven N'Zonzi on a free.

Andy Carroll and Aaron Lennon not interested in coming here.....yet.....no-one else after them so I'd think I can maybe grind them down by October or so.

I've currently got Pierre Wome in my side, and I'm hoping to bring a young Bosnian left back that came highly recommended by 2 of my new scouts, so with that in mind anyone reckon it would be worth trying to take advantage of interest in Ricky Foster during the January window?

Bristol City and Burnley both sniffing about him at the moment.

What formation is everyone using? Getting better results after changing from 442 to 451.

I've kept the 4-4-2 purely because i like two strikers, i did change to a 4-3-1-2 for a while, but the lack of width was very annoying and everything went through my attacking centre mid.

Archived