End of season 2014-15 report:

SPL

1st Aberdeen (83pts)

2nd Rangers (71pts)

3rd Celtic (70pts)

4th Hibernian (68pts)

5th Kilmarnock (49pts)

6th Dundee Utd (48pts)

A comfortable league victory. Though we lost the Scottish Cup final against Rangers on penalties. An easy 3-0 win over Falkirk in the League Cup final.

As already mentioned, we went out on penalties in the Champions League to AC Milan in the first knockout round. A bitter pill to swallow given that we kept them at bay over two legs and extra time.

With yet another healthy transfer budget this season I went out with the plan to expand the Scottish element at the club. Here's the following ins and outs:

IN:

Liam Polworth (AM C) from Motherwell for £2.7m

Callum Booth (D L) from Hibs for £2.5m

Jason O'Hare (regen GK) from Kilmarnock for £1.8m

David Wotherspoon (D R/M R) from Hibs for £650k

OUTS:

Joe Shaughnessy (£50k) to Motherwell

Niall Canavan (£3m) to Derby

Ross Gray (£85k) to Derby

Clark Robertson (free) to Coventry

Jorgen Skjelvik (£1.5m) to Freiburg

Joakim Vage Nilsen (£3.4m) to Kaiserslautern [A NEW TRANSFER RECORD OUT CVK??]

Kristoffer Nordfeldt (£500k) to Koln

Peter Pawlett (£100k) to Hearts

Sent a few fringers out on loan...problem I have is fitting both Lewis Milne who was outstanding on loan to Middlesbrough and also Liam Polworth who are very similar players into the first team. Given Milne's high professionalism he wouldn't mind going out on loan again. May look into that option.

Best XI/Second Best: (4-4-2)

1. Robbie Thomson/Jason O'Hare (regen)

2. Jaud Mpaka (regen)/Davie McEwan (regen)

3. Callum Booth/Greg Cunningham

4. Shaun Hutchinson/Andy Considine

5. Sean Narey (regen)/need cover here

6. Fraser Fyvie/Kenny McLean

7. Viorel Nicoara/Craig Sibbald

8. Liam Polworth/Lewis Milne

9. Frantisek Kovarik (regen)/Dawis Janczyk

10. Agon Mehmeti/Szabolcs Pajko (regen)

11. Donal McDermott/David Wotherspoon

That's me up to 25,000 seater in Season 7. After me asking and asking about an increase the board just came out and did it at the end of Season 6.

So my first match at the expanded ground was a capacity crowd in a 1-1 CL Group draw against Real Madrid.......thats another story - my latest group drew me against Real, Bayern and Dynamo Kiev.....thanks for that FM12 - i'll do well to make 3rd place in that.

Just been drawn in the best-placed playoff round for the Champions' League and not the Champions' playoff? I'm sure there's a reason for this but I don't know what it is, though I imagine that the better we get in terms of co-efficients the harder they make it for us to qualify.

Two seasons ago I was drawn straight into the Champions' playoff round, so two relatively easy games and into the CL. Then last season we had to play four games, Champions' Third Qualifying phase then the playoff. So four games.

Now I only have to play two but against tougher opposition (though the draw has been kind. Avoided Leverkusen and got Anderlecht). I really want to go as far as possible. The final this year is at Ibrox, and Rangers were knocked out by Basel in the round previous to the one I'm in. :D

At least from next season the SPL winners will go straight into the Group Stage.

I'm a little unclear on my 'domestic player bias' stat on my own profile. It's barely a quarter way full, but the breakdown of my first team squad by nationality is:

1 Czech

1 Englishman

1 Dutchman

1 Hungarian

1 Northern Irishman

1 Pole

3 Irishmen

1 Romanian

13 Scotsmen

1 Swede

With 11 non Scots and 13 Scots surely that's 50-50? My u19s are at about this level too. Does this stat include every player I've ever had or just my current team? Perplexing.

I think its a running total of all the players you've had, not a snapshot of the current squad.

That was a weird one with the Champion Best-Placed section.....if you'd won the league you should definitely be in the Champions half.....must be a bug.

On the first point, that makes more sense. I'll try to get that figure more biased towards Scots this time around.

On the second, I've checked all the other teams in the playoff and none of them won their league the year before. Second placed at best. And yet we're in there despite winning the league. The Champions' playoff contains all the teams from slightly 'lesser' countries that did win their league. Though again I don't know if this is weighted. There has to be a certain number of teams in each side, i.e. Champions and Best Placed. If we had the best co-efficient of all the teams normally drawn in the Champions' lot, and this seems likely since we have reached the 1st KO round twice in a row, then they'd maybe HAVE to bump us up to the Best Placed because if the game didn't then there'd be an uneven number of teams in each lot.

Did that make sense or am I just rambling?

Could be something to do with that. Or maybe the CL Winners didn't qualify thru their domestic league, e.g. won it but came 5th in EPL or something? So there'd be 5 English clubs and somebody might get bumped down to CL Best Placed.

Anyway its happened, it shouldn't have and wouldn't happen in real life so i'd say a bug.

Unhappy days for the blue side of Glasgow...

Looks like a pretty decent challenge if you're looking for pastures new! :D

HA! No chance.

They tried me before but when i knocked them back they took Levein......for six months then sacked him.

McLeish's blazer must be on a shoogly peg but they no not to come a-calling to AB24 this time.

Lifted the League cup after a 1-0 win against Celtic, FF with the goal. It was the 3rd game in a row against them, lost 1-0 in the Scottish Cup Quarters and then lost 2-1 in the league. Still, delighted to have won a trophy. Caddy, how do you upload your screenies? I ususally use photobucket but the images are uploading too small.

ok, another dumb question from me.... how do i get to play the game windowed? it is full screen all the time and have no idea how to change it :(

just reached jan sales in season 2 ( flying now eh?) and have tried to sign some players. most i can offer is 300 a week. was p!ssed off with it, so jan first, offered shed load of players to clubs to try spare up some wages... jan 2 - mr milne pops up with an offer of 200k transfer fund and wages limit of 57k, 20 k more than i currently have!!! going back in now to try tie up some of the people i am after on pre-contracts. if i can get some nice ones i think i will be on target to push for league title and strong euro run

will stick up my first half of season update soon, just got manager of month, think i won all 6 games in dec! and beat celtic for first time, after managing 2 draws.

I FEEL THE GOOD TIMES RETURNING TO THE RED WORLD!!!

right, up-date time

SEASON 2 christmas update

Has been a struggle with injuries. at one stage only had 1 first choice available to play, rest was back up players and youth. lucky i brought in ca. 10 youth players/regens, all good stats and worth 300k upwards. 30 -100 quid a week. feel i cant lose, put them out on loan and if they dont make the first team standard in couple of years i still have the sale value to boost funds for first team players

PLAYERS IN

LOANS

denis - amc - loan from man city. no wages to pay, so handy bench warmer...

alex nimely - st - loan from man city - awesome wee striker. gets a few important goals. no wage so win/win situation here

carl jenkinson - DRC - loan from arsenal - use him as back up, covers CB and RB. solid defender

CONTRACTED

tyrone loran - DC - 7K from lierse - strong international. cover for CB. less wages than mcArdle, so he can move on to drop wage bill

scott brown - MRC - free signing - what can i say - 3,4k a week - 4yr contract. seems injury prone for me so far tho :/

darron gibson MC - free signing - same as brown, both want high earner clause,so both on 3,4k for 4 yrs. delighted

killian brennan - AML - free from bohemians - scout reports were poor,took him anyway.glad i did. 2 assists in first 7 mins of debut.great cover for both wingers

john baird - ST - Raith - always good to try some lower league scottish players. like to give them a shot now and again

YOUTH

11 players coming in, most will be out on loan. some really good regens i want to keep an eye on. TIP - take a wee peek at Queens Park squad. i found 3 crackers of regens sitting in there.they are amateurs and scottish. worth a punt at 30 a week...... value - 250k - 350k!

PLAYERS OUT

clangers - free - luton

fallon - free - luton

j. brown - 18k - hibs

paton - 28k - plymouth

7 players on loan

FORMATION

was starting to struggle for results with 4-4-2 so changed it up to back 4, solid 3 in mid defence 2 wingers and a lone striker. i think with the midfield i have, this is best way to get them all in. results are starting to roll in nicely now. no huge wins, but a win is a win :D

GK - zaari is in awesome form. mikkel andersen is superb as well, so try rotate them

LB - foster still in there

CB - considine playing solid so no need to change

CB - mawéné, player of season first season, looking good for it again

RB - osbourne/jack/jenkinson - due to injuries these 3 are rotating all along the back line.osbourne starting to excel here!

MC - gibson

MC - Árnason

MC - Brown

nothing to add to this, absolutely solid when playing together (injury hell this year) ryan jack, FF, milsom and denis covering well when needed from bench/injury cover

AML - mads laudrup - excellent at moment

AMR - guayre - works hard but getting on a bit

cover here is - nimely when vernon is in the middle. works well with vernon. brennan, looking like a great find, denis - struggles, but good effort. santos - youth regen. and chalali when fit...

ST - between vernon and nimely. want to play both, but winning just now with clean sheets so i dont want to change my solid midfield formation

looks like i will be moving on a few players,big josh,mcardle,grimmer, clark (please someone take him!) possibly chalali, and maybe consider some others if decent offers come in. a couple of players here i like, but they just wont get a sniff if my first choice is fit.

RESULTS UPDATE -

EURO QUAL 4TH ROUND

AFC 1 - 1 fiorentina (nimely)

fiorentina 2 - AFC 3 (nimely,vernon.santos*)

superb win away, was 3-0 up and it was squeaky ass time at the end. held on, delighted!!

group was man utd,dortmund and steua

injuries killed me! youngsters had to plat, tried hard but just had no hope of qualifying. finished third in group, so full of positives

AFC 1 - 1 steua (nimely)

AFC 0 - 1 man utd

AFC 1 - 4 dortmund (considine)

AFC 1 - 4 dortmund ( vernon)

AFC 1 - 0 steua (vernon)

AFC 0 - 3 man utd

out-classed by a long distance, but 4 points and not bottom.... looking for improvement next season, would like to be pushing to get through the groups. at least have closer games against the bigger teams.

LEAGUE CUP

3RD ROUND AFC 3 -1 Livi (aet) (santos and big josh 2). they got the hairdryer treatment here, then had 6 players unhappy with my talks and dropped morale of team badly - i still think it was right :D

QTR FINAL - AFC 0 - celtic 1 tight game, dubious goal, but to be expected ;)

SCOTTISH CUP

drew motherwell, they are 4th in league so will be very hard game. better news is that both the cheeks managed to draw each other, so hopefully will be start of a bad season for one of them

LEAGUE

AFC 1 - 0 motherwell (kári)

AFC 2 -1 killie (nimely 2)

AFC 2 - 2 hearts ( FF, considine)

AFC 0 - 1 celtic

AFC 0 - 0 Dundee utd

AFC 2 - 0 St johnstone (nimely, mawéné)

AFC 3 - 0 hibs (nimely 2, jenkinson)

AFC 1 - 0 falkirk (chalali)

AFC 2 - 3 rangers (chalali 2 )

AFC 3 - 2 motherwell (nimely3)

AFC 3 - 0 killie (vernon,og, guayne)

AFC 2 - 1 ICT (guayne,nimely)

AFC 1 - 0 dunfermline (laudrup)

AFC 3 - 0 hearts (kári,nimely,guayre)

AFC 5 - 0 ict (guayre 2, nimely, vernon 2)

AFC 2 - 0 celtic (kári, mawéné)

AFC 2 - 0 dundee utd ( vernon,nimely)

AFC 2 - 1 st johnstone (guayre, gibson)

AFC 2 - 0 dunfermline (vernon, kári)

absolutely delighted to be sitting top at christmas. huge injuries and am only just starting to get a regular team without 4 or 5 changes each mach. entire pool of players has stepped up and done their part when needed. last 8 league games have all been victories with only 2 goals against, superb stuff, !!

and with the dons getting 6 points in 4 days in real life - christmas is looking a lot better than it did a few weeks ago :D

STAND FREE!!

nice surprise from the board upping my wages by 20k, so i am looking to add a lot of strength with pre-contract offers... would like to try push a lot of scottish talent into the team, but i am struggling to get them. most of the decent scottish players are tied up and seem to be very very over-priced. suppose i cant complain, anyone asks for my youngsters, i immediately double the price in offer to clubs,, just to get the money flowing, if they dont go double, they normally have a nice increase than the first offer. looks like knoxxy is going to be going, so will be on look out for someone good.

plans are to try reach the scottish cup final this year, would love to get some silverware. would also love to stay top of league :) but i know a long way to go, and unless my record against the cheeks improves i wont be getting the "champions 2012/13" printed up just yet....

2011122100001.jpg

this guy just arrived from arsenal on loan. have been very lucky in what i have been sent. just asked board for another parent team and they have agreed with me. also, sice i have started to use the windowed version (thanks again caddy) i am getting a lot more information on the screen. the right hand side of this shot was missing before i went windowed, also there is more info under the player pic.

Looks like you're progressing really well skoskur. Good job! The Scottish players may be more expensive but the way I see it, it's better to spend the money (whenever you have it) on players based in Scotland. It will ultimately do Scottish clubs well in the long run!

In my game I just signed Daniel Sturridge on a free. Courted him for most of the summer, his wage demands are out of this world. He's on a match the highest earner contract at £16,000 a week, which is £6,000 more than any other player at the club. Also sending my most promising regen youngster striker on loan since there's no way he'll get a game now with four other strikers ahead of him.

I know it's a risk financially but I can get money for him if he doesn't work out, right?!

Third seeds in the CL group stages. Progress! Got Chelsea, Lyon and Galatasaray. Confident of getting out the group, despite the presence of our parent club 'ONLY IN NAME' Chelsea.

Hate having a parent club. Makes us feel like underlings or something.

Anywhoo.. Stand Free!

My regens are fair coming on now.

Got one in the Dutch squad, two in the German, and one in the French.

Everyone aware of INF Clairefontaine? Great source of young French talent and they're amateurs so you can snap them up for free. I've got about 4 of their boys in and around my first-team squad inc. the one in the French squad.

Archived