Barcelona style in FM 2012

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance you could replicate this into a FM2012 tactic?

At the moment for me this classic style doesn't seem to be working.

I think someone tried it, isn't the tactic using the TC somewhere in this thread?

Alternatively you can look in the Barca team thread

That's very interesting. I'm using this tactic with Carshalton and haven't tweaked it at all (apart from a brief attempt at the man-marking CBs which failed badly). I've definitely had the ball being lumped over the defence catching me out, I'll try your idea about dropping the defensive line a little.

Without any tweaks I've still found this an excellent tactic, in a funny way it's even better with a poor team because the ball retention is so good. That means that my weak side has an excellent defensive record, as the opposition only see the ball for maybe 35% of the game, so they can't totally overpower me - as they'd been doing before. This means my side are overperforming far more than say Barcelona would be, as you'd expect them to do well anyway.

Hmm.. I changed the passing and tempo before I sacrificed the pushing up so perhaps I might slip them back and see how it goes. In the last game my left back Meredith passed 78 times... pretty good for a non-league side.... 2nd after 12 with only two draws and a defeat.

I think someone tried it, isn't the tactic using the TC somewhere in this thread?

Alternatively you can look in the Barca team thread

Had a look at it. But, the link posted doesn't seem to be working.

I'll have a look in the Barca thread.

Cheers.

if you are interested, I also developped two tactics, a 433 or 41221 and a 343 or 370. I use the 1st tactic for home games and the second one for away games. I did not have the time to test it on the full game but it was doing great in the demo.

just send me your email via a PM and I'll send it, I would love some feedack :D

if you are interested, I also developped two tactics, a 433 or 41221 and a 343 or 370. I use the 1st tactic for home games and the second one for away games. I did not have the time to test it on the full game but it was doing great in the demo.

just send me your email via a PM and I'll send it, I would love some feedack :D

Classic or TC?

TACTIC <-- link

TACTIC <-- link

thx

it's same tactic on two different servers

Sorry if this is a really dumb question. Are the links above for FM12?????

I have read through the thread but have got confused, at times it talks about this being a tactic from FM11 but every sceen shot I see is from FM12.

After downloading the above tactic and clicking on it on the tactics screen, all it shows is 2 positions. GK and SCL. I'm guessing it's because the tactic was created in FM12 and is not compatable with my FM11.

Any way to replicate this for 11?

I think Barcelona are finding this problem lately where their domination is not being translated to goals. However, with this tactic you rarely romp the opposition, which may be its one weakness if any.

Tbh though, it doesn't matter whether you romp a team or not, as long as you win. It hardly ever concedes either. All you need is somebody talented upfront and you will always win.

I am having a lot of difficulties with this tactic, i actually got sacked in my first season with Roma (fm2012). Which is shamefull since its a reallly nice tactic to watch and it does reply some of the Barca playing style. I don't know if the problem has anything to do with the type of Roma players...i admit that i had to adapt players especially on the AMC's line (got hardly cash to buy new ones at season start). Despite this i can't make my team score, lot of occasions but played very badly and the defensive part is the worst side. I keep conceeding goals on counter attacks and set pieces, the two centrebacks performance is very poor.

Well this is how i play it.....from right to left. And i tried to swap the players in attack. Team talks left to assistant.

Stekelemburg

Rosi -- Kjaer -- Juan -- Jose Angel

De Rossi -- Pjanic (the playmaker)

Totti -- Lamela -- Osvaldo

Bojan Kirkic

nice possesion tactic but its really hard to score even if there is very obvious throught balls and crosses that can lead to a good chance for goal. Propably this lack of chances is because my team (olympiakos) and my top payers balotelli , mirallas, giovani dos santos and fetfatzidis have =<10 teamwork. My playmakers (tatos - tachtsidis) have around 14-15 pass-creativity-first touch. Familiarity with tactic is full.

nice possesion tactic but its really hard to score even if there is very obvious throught balls and crosses that can lead to a good chance for goal. Propably this lack of chances is because my team (olympiakos) and my top payers balotelli , mirallas, giovani dos santos and fetfatzidis have =<10 teamwork. My playmakers (tatos - tachtsidis) have around 14-15 pass-creativity-first touch. Familiarity with tactic is full.

Did you encounter problems in defense, like often counterattacks or goals coming from setpieces and corners? I have encountered your same problems and gived up in mid november beeing sacked. Good possesion but horrible work in finishing and thus few goals scored. My team gel line was around 3/4. Again i have to stress out that i was not playing the best players for this tactic in the AMC's line, but had to adapt with what i had due to no finances to buy new players in start up of season. And Pjanic playing in the playmaking spot.........

Did you encounter problems in defense, like often counterattacks or goals coming from setpieces and corners? I have encountered your same problems and gived up in mid november beeing sacked. Good possesion but horrible work in finishing and thus few goals scored. My team gel line was around 3/4. Again i have to stress out that i was not playing the best players for this tactic in the AMC's line, but had to adapt with what i had due to no finances to buy new players in start up of season. And Pjanic playing in the playmaking spot.........

well i got some goals from counter attacks and setpieces but this happens with my other tactics too. 1 goal from counter or setpiece its not big deal when i can score 2-3goals. I now play a wizard made barca-style tact with a shout set (retain possetion, work ball into box,pass into space,play norrower,hustle opponents,push higher up) and i m swiching between my tact and krunccrni tic-tac tactic to check if my team getting better to play this ultra short passing kind of football. Krunccrni and any tactic trying to play like barca are not plug and play tactics so you really need to work hard with your team having the right players high passing, first touch, workrate, anticipation ,teamwork, decicions ,creativity, flair , especially for the midfielders are required to play a possetion tactic or make the right adjustments if you dont have for example 2 good inside forwards, you can set one on winger role and get some really good crosses instead of futile cuts inside. I dominate all teams at greek superleague but still struggle against teams like bayern ect.

Does this still work with 12.0.3?

There have been no changes to the match engine in patch 12.0.3 so why wouldn't it work?

@ Topic: I think it's a great tactic so far but it absolutely lives and dies with an attacking fullback on the right. When I play it with Barca and have Dani Alves on the field it's amazing, when I play it with another team that has no good offensive fullback on the right it's absolutely not working I barely create any chances and usually concede a goal from a corner.

But overall very interesting tactic and quite nice to watch even in full length.

There have been no changes to the match engine in patch 12.0.3 so why wouldn't it work?

@ Topic: I think it's a great tactic so far but it absolutely lives and dies with an attacking fullback on the right. When I play it with Barca and have Dani Alves on the field it's amazing, when I play it with another team that has no good offensive fullback on the right it's absolutely not working I barely create any chances and usually concede a goal from a corner.

But overall very interesting tactic and quite nice to watch even in full length.

When I looked at the change list I'm sure I saw a change to that match engine, something to do with players runs.

I could be wrong though, so I apologize if I am.

When I looked at the change list I'm sure I saw a change to that match engine, something to do with players runs.

I could be wrong though, so I apologize if I am.

Match

=====

- Fixed scaling of distance run stat in match stats.

It's a bug fix imo that refers to a calculation problem for the match stats and not at the behavior on the field.

Yeah, my mistake.

I'm glad nothing has changed because I'm going to give this tactic a try, I was using my previous FM11 tactic which worked, but it's not as consistant for getting high possession like it was on FM11.. I love dominating possession.

So I look forward to trying this tactic. :thup:

Yeah, my mistake.

I'm glad nothing has changed because I'm going to give this tactic a try, I was using my previous FM11 tactic which worked, but it's not as consistant for getting high possession like it was on FM11.. I love dominating possession.

So I look forward to trying this tactic. :thup:

It's a really nice tactic but remember to get a good right fullback that can offer something in attack like D. Alves for example. It's really crucial for this tactic imo.

It's a really nice tactic but remember to get a good right fullback that can offer something in attack like D. Alves for example. It's really crucial for this tactic imo.

That's good to hear about it being really nice.

Yeah I'll keep that in mind about the right back, do you need a really good player in the playmaker CM position to dominate possession too?

Thanks all for trying my tactic...

I am currently testing third edition with most success so far... most passes in other team half with no more lots of passes made by FB or CB

Here is game against Barcelona

valenciag.jpg

Thanks all for trying my tactic...

I am currently testing third edition with most success so far... most passes in other team half with no more lots of passes made by FB or CB

Here is game against Barcelona

valenciag.jpg

Unbelievable!

Is that with the same formation as before in your previously released versions? How many CCC's you create per match?

When do you plan on posting the tactic? Can we get some info about it so we can test it too?

krunccrni, great results! I'm trying to recreate tiki taka in fm 2012 either, but not as successfully as you do.) Would you be so kind as to show team instructions and individual instructions for midfielders and attackers?

Amazing results krunccrni.

I've been battling FM for years, trying to replicate Barca. This is the closest I've seen anyone come.

I've been close with a few tactics over the years but never managed to get a playmaker so close to Xavi, even when using Xavi.

I'm currently working on what appears to be something very close to your own tactic. I think I might have to 'borrow' bits of yours as although I'm well happy with the possession, formation and style, I still can't get my team passing it like yours!

Excellent stuff though this work. Congrats.

I must throw out a thank you. The discussion of the tactic in this thread was a great aid in me creating a relatively similar tactic on the same tactical basis and it has been working very well so far. I found it really helpful that you took the time to explain the approach and theory behind it, rather than simply posting a tactic. In the past, I've typically run into quick frustration with creating my own tactic and resorted to simply downloading one, but after reading all of this, I felt more confident in creating and tweaking my own. I'm using the tactic with Ajax and although I have only just made into the season, they are playing phenomenally. Even in some tough friendlies, I still controlled possession and chances. The only match where I didn't was against Aston Villa, yet still managed a 3-0 win.

Only just found this thread. Amazingly, without even realizing, formation wise, I'm playing very similar to Krunccrni. I am Swansea though, so while some games, I can get my playmaker to complete often 80 passes, in plenty of games, sometimes it can be down to 40-50 but I think that isn't that bad considering level of quality of my team. (Although improving with signings)

Never believed in just downloading someone elses tactic (which is probably why never ended up here ha!) but still can learn plenty from the other way people use certain players.

First game of the season, I managed to complete around 600 passes vs Everton at home, with 78% possession stats. (2013-14, so 3rd season) but we'll see if that was just a one off due to Everton's style or I can keep dominating teams like that.

Playmaker made 80 passes or something in 59 minutes before I took him off. So looks promising but we'll see. Nice work from Krunccrni though! Definitely best version of 'Barca' I've seen so far on FM.

Tried again and again. This tactic doesnt seem to work at all with As Roma.

I have the same problem with Dortmund. The interesting thing is it works well in friendlies but as soon as I have a competitive game I get slaughtered. On the other hand it works like a charm with Barca so far, the only thing is that it doesn't create much chances but so far my Messi and co have been superb in terms of chance conversion.

It think for this tactic to work you need players with very high creativity, passing and off the ball movement across the board.

I have the same problem with Dortmund. The interesting thing is it works well in friendlies but as soon as I have a competitive game I get slaughtered. On the other hand it works like a charm with Barca so far, the only thing is that it doesn't create much chances but so far my Messi and co have been superb in terms of chance conversion.

It think for this tactic to work you need players with very high creativity, passing and off the ball movement across the board.

Quite as IRL.) This tactic should work only in teams with players with high passing, teamwork, decisions, first touch, off the ball.

Quite as IRL.) This tactic should work only in teams with players with high passing, teamwork, decisions, first touch, off the ball.

Yes I know. I'm also not complaining about that fact but you need to realize that it's not a tactic for everyone and every team which is fine by me. Btw I would love to see that update the area of possession looks quite amazing.

So basicaly it work only if you have superstar players......:)

My biggest problem with Roma is that i dominate possesion and passing but at the end the opposition always scores its chances whilst my attack even if it produces chances (not many) it will do awfully in finishing. My idea is that i have the wrong players from AMC upwards and no cash to buy the replacements (whom need to be top players). I am playing as AMC Pjanic/Totti/Lamela on the left Lamela/Bojan/Borini on the right Bojan/Borini/Borriello as Striker Osvaldo and you can coun't in the ones i said on the right side since they interchange positions. As playmaker Pizarro. Nothing, none of the combinations will work. It's a pitty i got no cash to buy decent replacements (cant even sell since the best are on loan) because to look at this tattic is beautifull.

So basicaly it work only if you have superstar players......:)

My biggest problem with Roma is that i dominate possesion and passing but at the end the opposition always scores its chances whilst my attack even if it produces chances (not many) it will do awfully in finishing. My idea is that i have the wrong players from AMC upwards and no cash to buy the replacements (whom need to be top players). I am playing as AMC Pjanic/Totti/Lamela on the left Lamela/Bojan/Borini on the right Bojan/Borini/Borriello as Striker Osvaldo and you can coun't in the ones i said on the right side since they interchange positions. As playmaker Pizarro. Nothing, none of the combinations will work. It's a pitty i got no cash to buy decent replacements (cant even sell since the best are on loan) because to look at this tattic is beautifull.

Not necessary superstars because not every superstar player has all required attributes and not every player with these attributes is superstar.) Maybe the main reason because your opposition scores late in the game is that your players are tired and loose their concentration? I don't know specifically about this tactic but IRL such tactic requires a lot of movement by every player even if it is not noticeable with first sight. So your players can get tired very quickly especially if the game is very tight.

Okay, I've worked out how to put the playmaker in and used it in a few games with arsenal, i'm getting heaps of possession and im using ramsey as my playmaker who is getting the 100+ passes in the games, but oh my god the attacking play seems so poor? I am having about 15 or so shots in a game, which is a fair amount but I tell ya what, RVP is struggling to score any goals and it certainly isn't due to a lack of quality.. Am I doing something wrong? I've been scraping 1 or so goals every other game despite having at least 60% of the ball in every game and having over 15 shots every game?

Okay, I've worked out how to put the playmaker in and used it in a few games with arsenal, i'm getting heaps of possession and im using ramsey as my playmaker who is getting the 100+ passes in the games, but oh my god the attacking play seems so poor? I am having about 15 or so shots in a game, which is a fair amount but I tell ya what, RVP is struggling to score any goals and it certainly isn't due to a lack of quality.. Am I doing something wrong? I've been scraping 1 or so goals every other game despite having at least 60% of the ball in every game and having over 15 shots every game?

Welcome to the club...:)

Funny I have just started a Barcelona game. Tried this tactic and identical players (obviously) in the positions you say, and althogh the possession is 60-70%, the CCC's are only 0-2 and I only get 2-1 or narrow wins.

Barcelona IRL are winining 5-0's, 3-0's and even 8-0 this season at home!!

I'm gonna try and tweak slight parts in the formations/tactics to try and get more CCC in the game, but i don't really wanna sacrifice the possession, because its funny to watch other teams try and get the ball and fail epicly...

EDIT: Goals scored, just beat Man Utd 3-0 at home, 70-30 possession... but then can only beat M. Haifa 1-0 with 82% possession? Hmmm.

EDIT: And then lose to Everton 4-1 away from home? Pffft.

Funny I have just started a Barcelona game. Tried this tactic and identical players (obviously) in the positions you say, and althogh the possession is 60-70%, the CCC's are only 0-2 and I only get 2-1 or narrow wins.

Barcelona IRL are winining 5-0's, 3-0's and even 8-0 this season at home!!

not always, but if you play fm you should know that due to ME restrictions its impossible to emulate real life barca

July

Friendly Game - Sat 23 Jul 20:30 Hajduk Split 0 - 0 FC Barcelona info

Friendly Game Audi Cup Tue 26 Jul 18:15 FC Barcelona 2 - 2 Internacional info

Friendly Game Audi Cup Wed 27 Jul 20:45 FC Barcelona 2 - 0 Bayern M. info

Friendly Game - Sun 31 Jul 01:00 FC Barcelona 1 - 2 Manchester U. infoAugust

Friendly Game - Thu 04 Aug 02:30 FC Barcelona 1 - 4 Chivas info

Friendly Game - Sat 06 Aug 22:00 FC Barcelona 2 - 0 Club América info

Catalonia Cup 1/2 Mon 08 Aug 21:45 Girona 1 - 2 FC Barcelona info

Catalonia Cup Final Tue 09 Aug 21:45 RCD Espanyol 3 - 0 FC Barcelona info

Spanish Super Cup 1st leg Sun 14 Aug 22:00 Real Madrid 2 - 2 FC Barcelona info

Spanish Super Cup 2nd leg Wed 17 Aug 23:00 FC Barcelona 3 - 2 Real Madrid info

Gamper Final Mon 22 Aug 20:30 FC Barcelona 5 - 0 SSC Napoli info

UEFA Super Cup Final Fri 26 Aug 20:45 FC Barcelona 2 - 0 Porto info

League Week 02 Mon 29 Aug 21:00 FC Barcelona 5 - 0 Villarreal CF info

September

League Week 03 Sat 10 Sep 18:00 R.Sociedad 2 - 2 FC Barcelona info

Champions League Jornada 01 Tue 13 Sep 20:45 FC Barcelona 2 - 2 Milan info

League Week 04 Sat 17 Sep 20:00 FC Barcelona 8 - 0 Osasuna info

League Week 05 Wed 21 Sep 22:00 Valencia CF 2 - 2 FC Barcelona info

League Week 06 Sat 24 Sep 22:00 FC Barcelona 5 - 0 At.Madrid info

Champions League Jornada 02 Wed 28 Sep 20:45 FC Bate 0 - 5 FC Barcelona info

October

League Week 07 Sun 02 Oct 20:00 Sporting Gijón 0 - 1 FC Barcelona info

League Week 08 Sat 15 Oct 20:00 FC Barcelona 3 - 0 Racing info

Champions League Jornada 03 Wed 19 Oct 20:45 FC Barcelona 2 - 0 FC Viktoria info

League Week 09 Sat 22 Oct 22:00 FC Barcelona 0 - 0 Sevilla FC info

League Week 10 Tue 25 Oct 20:00 Granada 0 - 1 FC Barcelona info

League Week 11 Sat 29 Oct 20:00 FC Barcelona 5 - 0 RCD Mallorca info

Archived