FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably won't get Nico Gaítan in this transfer window; I'm going to consider him more as a long-term target. Age is on his side so, in essence, there's no rush :thup:

I'm going to lodge respectable bids for Vicente Guaita and Carlos Kameni; Should be two reliable options. Also, I've made an enquiry for Atlético's Álvaro Domínguez too. Could forge a good partership with Demichelis.

I've tried my hardest, but I just can't seem to get into this save.. I've got no where else to turn.. :( Seems like FM12 is kinda... Boring to me! Oh, what a horrible feeling.

Don't worry mate; I'm sure you'll get into it. Maybe you just need a break from FM altogether? Many people don't play the game until SI release the 12.3 patch, maybe that's the option for you.

This has interested me somewhat;

renatoaugustolookingtom.png

If I was in the market for a player in this position, I would gladly snap him up. Once again, I'll keep him in my thoughts. I don't want to blast away and waste all my budget in one go :thup:

I've tried my hardest, but I just can't seem to get into this save.. I've got no where else to turn.. :( Seems like FM12 is kinda... Boring to me! Oh, what a horrible feeling.

This is how I felt for FM11 and I never really got into it, tryed all kind of saves. Had a break from FM this one came out and I'm in love with it again, Give yourself some time off maybe not play it as much and hopefully you can get back into it.

Yea.. Maybe Llew. :) With TES: Skyrim out on Friday, im sure a long break from FM will happen anyway.

Going to try & get into another Arsenal save in the mean time. :thup: Good luck with your games everyone, im sure il check in every now and then!

Will take a look at him, Llew :D Looks pretty good. Any scout report on him?

Sorry, I posted the wrong picture :o I was meant to post the one that's there now but, I didn't copy and paste the URL :D

Anyway, here's Nicolas Gaítan's scout report;

20nicolasgatanslbscoutr.png

My scout, who has '20' for Judging Current Ability, also said that he may be available for £10 million - Bargain!

Yea.. Maybe Llew. :) With TES: Skyrim out on Friday, im sure a long break from FM will happen anyway.

Going to try & get into another Arsenal save in the mean time. :thup: Good luck with your games everyone, im sure il check in every now and then!

I second that I even have a week off work to play it in. Might see you in the Arsenal thread as my missus has been talking of starting a game and she usually starts as Arsenal.

Your missus plays How lucky are you.

The best thing is it gives me time to play on the xbox lol.

Right back problem solved I signed Andreas Beck for £17.75 million, expensive but he is a really good player and has great work rate and team work two attributes I love in my players. He can also cover both fullback positions which is a great added bonus.

The best thing is it gives me time to play on the xbox lol.

Right back problem solved I signed Andreas Beck for £17.75 million, expensive but he is a really good player and has great work rate and team work two attributes I love in my players. He can also cover both fullback positions which is a great added bonus.

My ps3 has been neglected, either my missus is watching soaps or my son is watching disney junior or a kids flick :mad:

Work rate and team work are defo two important attributes.

Nearly got my marquee signing but in the end PSG wanted too much for Pastore. I was willing to go to a ridiculous £70 million but they wanted £90 million might try to unsettle him if I could get him for no more than £60 million I would sign him.

Nearly got my marquee signing but in the end PSG wanted too much for Pastore. I was willing to go to a ridiculous £70 million but they wanted £90 million might try to unsettle him if I could get him for no more than £60 million I would sign him.

I love Pastore, he is a truly wonderful player, good luck in the champions league I hope you do better than I did :mad:

I wouldn't spend that much on Pastore.

How's everyone's saves coming along?

I'm still in pre-season having played 2 friendlies, against Catania and Fiorentina, I'm now improving my backroom staff; beginning with my scouts. Also, here's my most recent, and arguably, my best signing;

albertobota.png

I was initially in for Álvaro Domínguez, a player that many of you will know of but, seeing that Atlético demanded at least £18 million for him. I didn't really want to waste all my budget on one player, therefore Alberto Botía was 'Plan B'. He should add a bit of pace and composure to the backline when, on so many occasions in Liga BBVA, it's badly needed. I did sign him down to a 'Rotation' role but, with Mathijsen showing signs of age hampering him, I'm not going to obey that strictly :thup:

Not bad signing. I also went for Dominguez but they wanted 24M for him. :( Hoping to do a clear out in the summer and hope to shift big wage players to cut down the wage budget.

My U's19 just won the cup, 3-0 win over Zaragoza. Brought in Armand Garrido from Lyon to coach U's19 and did well. Juanmi scored 43 goals in 30 games so far. They got 10 games left in the U's19 league. Currently 2nd, way behind Sevilla who ripping up the league. Looking to promote Juanmi for next season but I'm thinking about sending him out on loan to get game time.

John1 - Well Done on your Youth Cup success; I know you didn't manage them but, well done :D Juanmi's been subjected to numerous bids from Manchester City and Internazionale - Although, I definitely want to keep him.

Blue_magic - That's reassuring then; he's got good pace, which was a catalyst for my decision to sign him. Hopefully, he can forge a good partnership with Demichelis :thup:

John1 - Well Done on your Youth Cup success; I know you didn't manage them but, well done :D Juanmi's been subjected to numerous bids from Manchester City and Internazionale - Although, I definitely want to keep him.

Blue_magic - That's reassuring then; he's got good pace, which was a catalyst for my decision to sign him. Hopefully, he can forge a good partnership with Demichelis :thup:

He fits perfectly into my new spanish look that I have got growing in the squad.

Llew, apparently Rene Adler is frequently available to be signed on a free in January 2012. You might want to take that into account when looking at buying GKs

I've also got Botia and he's done great for me. He hasnt been injury prone while here (both times that I previously tried to sign him he was injured), but his discipline is a bit of a worry. Botia is currently the 3rd choice CB for Spain (Pique and Dominguez are 1st/2nd choice) and is drew attention from Barca last off-season

I really cannot believe I almost finished my fourth season :eek:. Back at work tomorrow :( so will not be able to play as much the beautiful life of a football coach (even tho I will be on crutches).

Anyway look out for my update will do it tonight if I get time, going to do it in a different format. :thup:.

Llew, apparently Rene Adler is frequently available to be signed on a free in January 2012. You might want to take that into account when looking at buying GKs

I've also got Botia and he's done great for me. He hasnt been injury prone while here (both times that I previously tried to sign him he was injured), but his discipline is a bit of a worry. Botia is currently the 3rd choice CB for Spain (Pique and Dominguez are 1st/2nd choice) and is drew attention from Barca last off-season

Well, I've already signed a certain Carlos Kameni for £5.3 million so, I think I'll be alright for atleast 4 years. Although, If I could get René Adler on a free, that would be terrific :thup:

Botia should be a good signing I was trying to get him in January but they wanted £28 million for him. Gone in for him again in the summer and press think he can be got for £10 million.

He's a very good player from what I have seen of him in my pre-season; Good on the ball, confident in the air and good in the tackle.

Anyway look out for my update will do it tonight if I get time, going to do it in a different format. :thup:.

Looking forward to that update mate, hopefully will see it up tonight. I'm hoping to get mine up tonight too :thup:

I've just finished my second season in charge of Malaga. First season i finished 4th with the signings of Timo Hildebrand, Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen. I haven't changed the chairman to a Sugar Daddy as i wanted it to be a bit more of a challenge than it has been for a few of the other guys in this thread. So at the beginning of season 2 i was giver £2.5m to spend if i got them into Europe. After adjusting the budgets a bit i managed to get my transfer budget up to about £10m. After a few signings and loan signings i ended up finishing in 3rd position. I was top until around Feb/March but couldn't keep it up after a hard finish to the season. Lost in the Champs League Group stages, Europa League last 16 and the semi final of the Spanish cup.

This was the league table 2nd season.

leagueseason2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Transfer dealings at beginning of 2nd season.

[/url]transfers2ndseason.jpg

My 2 main performers for the season. New signing, Gylfi Sigurdsson, great return for goals and assists from my AMC. Bargain at £6m as well

gylfisigurdssons.jpg

25496187.png

Get in! Great result. By the way how much did Samba and Hamsik set you back, and what season did you get them?

I've definitely settled on a tactic now, and it is currently paying off. After 6 league games we are 1st with 16 points (17 goals scored, 3 conceded), and after 2 Champs League games we're top of the group (a 4-4 win at Stamford Bridge followed by a 3-2 home win over Copenhagen). Cazorla, Tevez and Afellay are working wonders behind the front man. Cazorla is the in-form guy (3 goals, 11 assists in 8 starts), but Tevez is already making his mark (6 goals in 8, 2 assists).

Malaga's European adventure has definitely started; a 4-4 draw at Stamford Bridge (from 2-0 down after 20 minutes) followed by a 3-2 home win against Copenhagen.

Signed those players as they were recommended by my assistant after they played for Malaga youth candidates against U'19.

RobertoParedesOverview_Profile.png

JosLuisOverview_Profile.png

JesusOverview_Profile.png

igoOverview_Profile.png

Looking forward to see how Jesus and Jose Luis develop. Yes, I know they doesn't look good to our crap facilities which is being upgrade.

Continue next post

Málaga Club de Fútbol - LIGA BBVA - 2014/15

We was defending every cup we played in last season, a very hard task indeed.

League Table

Started off very sticky but ended up dominating in the end, back to back wins :D.

Supercopa - Glad to win this played young, inexperianced side in 2nd leg.

Supercup - Easy Easy Easy, just dominated the whole game. Very happy with the trophy.

Copa Del Rey - Not happy in the slightest losing to Barcelona the way we did has made me sick to the stomach, not our finest moment.

Fifa Club world cup - We won it, made it look harder than it should have!

Champions League - I am so angry, we played awful the whole campaign. We should have done better than we did!

Squad - Building a solid squad for the future, a lot more Spanish players in the squad, can only getter better.

Next season

For this update I will keep it short I plan to try and dominate all comps again, I want to bring in more youngsters to build for the future, over 30's will not be here maybe Cazorla might stay everyone else is being shown the open door. So maybe winning cups won't be as easy as I think.

Sidenote: let me know what you think of this update. Thanks for reading.

How do you guys goes through one season so quick? :eek:

Pretty easily actually, especially after a season or two once you've got your team and tactics set

- If I have 3 or 4 easy games in a row I will holiday through them (the main problem with this being not being able to rotate your squad enough and the increased chance of losing games that you shouldn't)

- I holiday through International weekends (at least before I took the Mexico job)

- Dont do many press conferences

- Set and forget tactics, training and scouting

Plus I'm on holidays from Uni and dont have a job, so there is not much else to do during the day most days

Off to a flying start this 3rd season, won super cup with 5-2 agg over Barca, top of the table. Unbeaten in all comps in champ league beat sporting lisbon and shakhtar, doublew header with inter up next. New formations working a treat. And just been offered Norway and Romania jobs....not sure who to choose yet. research needed :p

Nice update Blue_magic. Looks like you've got quite a young squad there

It is a young squad as the future is what I'm building for, its about to get a lot younger as I am looking for quality Newgens to place in squad that will get game time and experience for playing for the first team. Went for something different this update I will continue to do it in this style but may make it longer in the next end of season update.

Archived