FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

Evening lads,

Just arrived home from Canada after a long and demanding journey by 'plane, train and auto-mobile' :D Anyway, come home to find FM12 waiting for me. I'm going to install the game now but, I doubt I will get much playing time tonight. I want to download some add-ons [data packs] too. :thup:

Tomorrow, and this weekend to be precise, has been dedicated to FM!

Good to see you made it safe :applause:

Yeah its good to to get all the packs and so forth I have a few good ones well I call them the essential ones!

12 pages :eek:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the CL final has arrived and I'm very worried at the moment, Di maria picked up a injury 2 days before the game.

Watch this space for the result!!!

We have done it, we are the CL holders, all the money spent all the wages paid, even after unloading the likes of Adler and Tevez we still have managed to do the unthinkable!

MlagavManCitySplitView.png

More players may be sold as even tho the chairman pumps money in for fun I want a steady ship that does not lose too much

Very nice, very good signing.

Thanks. Had to adjust the budget to sign him, Going to be hard who to get picked for lone striker position between Ruud, Wilfried and him. :(

Anyone know a good right back?

Greg van der wiel

Will take a look at him.

Just lost to Real Sociedad away, 2-1. took the lead and Vela scored right after we did and then scored the winner in 78th minutes. But we should have got penalty at death. Went nuts and FA went silent. go figure. Now Baptista is out for 3-4 months :(

Funny enough, I'm in talks with Vela to play at AML LOL. Arsenal accepted my 13M bid. Also linked to Reyes, tempted to go for him as well.

EDIT: Vela doesn't want to hold talks. Might go for Reyes.

Great stuff Blue_magic, congratulations on winning the CL.

Yeah congrats! At the moment such heights I can only dream of!

Half way through feb 1st season now and now my African players are back, and injuries/suspensions are settling I can start to hopefully get a good sequence of results together and push for 3rd. Just about to play Bilbao away. They're 4th with 40 points and after a torrid January we are 7th with 38.

Problem is, they're playing my nightmare formation: 3-4-3. Decided to go with a flat back 5 and hopefully use the pace of Joaquin and Rondon on the counter. I hate playing defensive :(

EDIT: Of course, it didn't work. I am sooooo getting sacked at the end of the season.

Yann M'Vila got sent off tonight? :( I agree, fabulous player anyhow. Shame that Rennes usually demand a £53 million cheque on FM12.

John1 - Fantastic signing of Leandro Damiao there, especially for £8 million! He will prove to be a top player.

As for my save, I've now downloaded the game, only took about 10 minutes which was great, and have been, for the last 2 hours or so, downloading extra edit packs to enhance my save [primarily kits and Nik33's packs] :thup: I'm also in the process of downloading the FM12 Editor to give Malaga the foreground sugardaddy that they deserve. I will be looking to put the pack up for general release for FM'ers who are in less privileged environments in which they havn't got access to FMRTE or the Editor :thup:

Yann M'Vila got sent off tonight? :( I agree, fabulous player anyhow. Shame that Rennes usually demand a £53 million cheque on FM12.

John1 - Fantastic signing of Leandro Damiao there, especially for £8 million! He will prove to be a top player.

As for my save, I've now downloaded the game, only took about 10 minutes which was great, and have been, for the last 2 hours or so, downloading extra edit packs to enhance my save [primarily kits and Nik33's packs] :thup: I'm also in the process of downloading the FM12 Editor to give Malaga the foreground sugardaddy that they deserve. I will be looking to put the pack up for general release for FM'ers who are in less privileged environments in which they havn't got access to FMRTE or the Editor :thup:

Have you got the files from the other website to fix names and such. Obviously can't go into detail.

Yea Yann got sent off was unlucky but it was deserved, fabulous player at picking out passes, i will need to get rid of a few midfielders but im short on DM's so need to see :)

And i changed formation and won 6-2 v Betis good, now to kick off my season.

Yea Yann got sent off was unlucky but it was deserved, fabulous player at picking out passes, i will need to get rid of a few midfielders but im short on DM's so need to see :)

And i changed formation and won 6-2 v Betis good, now to kick off my season.

He went to Man utd on my save I was having a good look at him, sent scouts but De jong was on a free so I picked him.

Have anyone played Juanmi yet? Got 29 goals in 16 games for U's 19. The scout says he plays better as Treq?

I'm at the end of the 4th season and he looks pretty decent. He has overtaken Carlos Fierro to be the 3rd striker behind Tevez and Rondon, but he still doesnt play too much because of the formation I run

I've finished the 4th season and it was pretty successful.

First this:

League15.png

to make it back-to-back. I nearly threw the league win away. I had an 8 point lead at Christmas, and only narrowly scraped through thanks to Real Madrid winning at Barca in their 2nd last game.

A week later:

CopaDelRey15.png.

I went into the game with my 2nd team as I was looking towards the CL final in 3 days against Barca. I had the lead and was doing well before it all fell in a heap.

Then this happened:

Chelseaoffer.png

but I turned it down. Managing in England has never really appealed to me (I've only had 1 save in England in my 5 years of playing FM).

Finally, the CL final. I had to beat Real Madrid (who've won the last 3 CLs) in the semis to get there:

UCL15.png

I was unbelievably lucky to win that game but I've won the double!

Angel Di Maria won the Champion's League Best Player award and Carlos Tevez the Golden Boot with 8 goals

My achievements so far now that I've finished 4 seasons are:

La Liga: 2 wins (2013/14, 2014/15),

Copa Del Rey: 1 win (2013/14), Runner up (2014/15)

Champions League: 1 win (2014/15), runner up (2013/14)

I've finished the 4th season and it was pretty successful.

First this:

League15.png

to make it back-to-back. I nearly threw the league win away. I had an 8 point lead at Christmas, and only narrowly scraped through thanks to Real Madrid winning at Barca in their 2nd last game.

A week later:

CopaDelRey15.png.

I went into the game with my 2nd team as I was looking towards the CL final in 3 days against Barca. I had the lead and was doing well before it all fell in a heap.

Then this happened:

Chelseaoffer.png

but I turned it down. Managing in England has never really appealed to me (I've only had 1 save in England in my 5 years of playing FM).

Finally, the CL final. I had to beat Real Madrid (who've won the last 3 CLs) in the semis to get there:

UCL15.png

I was unbelievably lucky to win that game but I've won the double!

Angel Di Maria won the Champion's League Best Player award and Carlos Tevez the Golden Boot with 8 goals

Well done on the CL win, and the league Great achievement.

Pretty wonderful record there, after such a relatively short space of time. Good work!

I just finished season 1 and what a season! Didn't win anything, but full of twists and turns.

After an awful winter (dropping to 8th), we had a real resurgence in the spring and won 8 out of 10 games (6 consecutively) to finish 3rd. Exhausting.

Final table, with accompanying graph detailing our season-long performance. Look at that drop in form!

2uzccqe.jpg

Notable performers:

5fmf4w.jpg

Made it to the Copa del Rey final after a whoopingly good 5-2 aggregate win over Barca, only to be outplayed by Athletico in a 2-1 loss.

In the summer transfer window I really need to sort out my defence, starting with full backs. I really don't like relying on Gamez and Sanchez at RB. Gamez is hilariously inept, making errors that result in a goal in at least every other game; Sanchez is far, far too ill-disciplined and cannot be relied on to not get needless bookings. Monreal is OK at LB, but his future is as a backup I feel, also quite injury prone? Bassong is a good partner for Otamendi at CB, but if I can get someone a bit more classy that would be ideal.

Morning gents. This morning I pulled off my greatest 2 legged result ever in the fm series. 7 – 4 over Barcelona, with the second leg being a 5 – 0 home win. I started using Malaga on the demo after read this awesome and decided to continue on after an undefeated start. I’m still on the background sugar daddy type and can’t change it due to fmtre not working with the 12.0.4 update. From the start I wanted to sign Álvaro Domínguez and nearly got him twice, first in a swap deal with Rondon (but due to Atletico to many EU players) and second due to injury. Wanted to sign both Papiss Cisse and Moussa Sow, but I couldn’t shift Rondon as the stuff I read in the thread suggested that he may not be the best long option. Sign Sow for 8.5mil and he has 21 goal in all comps.

Other signing

Sime Vrsaljko 1.1 mil

Milan Badeji 1.5 mil

Kameni 5.25 mil (Great call by you guys)

Alberto Botia 8.25 mil

El-Hadji Diouf Free

Carlos Diogo Free

Jan Vertongan 8.25 mil (in the Jan window, made his debut in the Barca 5-0 match)

Not Sold anyone yet

But a huge cull is needed

Now need a back up while Kameni is off at the ANC

And want Tevez or Leandro Damião

I had the same problem with Kameni going off. In my game, Newcastle's Tim Krul was transfer listed by request so I got him on loan. Did a solid job for me in goal.

Gonna try and sign Laurentiu Branescu from Juve. How good a job did Krul do??

Gonna try and sign Laurentiu Branescu from Juve. How good a job did Krul do??

Conceded 9 in 10, which isn't exactly world class I know, but that was at a period where my defence was shot due to injuries and suspensions. He did get 5 clean sheets out of those 10 games though. My assistant gives him a 3.5* potential rating. Might consider getting him as permanent cover for Kameni.

Hey Llew arshavin I don't really post stuff but after reading your club thread, it is simply excellent man, interesting and deep analysis. Thank you so much for putting in the effort and time to create this thread, I am definitely going to consider Malaga as a game, Nice work :)

Morning lads, well,

JetLag can be a annoying and unpreditcable thing - Sometimes you can get off easy with hardly any fatigue at all or, like I have, you can be barraged by endless sleep. I went to bed last night and havn't woken up until 30 minutes ago! I did plan to wake up about 10 o'clock, get onto FM and play away but, JetLag has hampered my plans.

Sent pm enjoy mate :D

Downloading it now mate :)

Hey Llew arshavin I don't really post stuff but after reading your club thread, it is simply excellent man, interesting and deep analysis. Thank you so much for putting in the effort and time to create this thread, I am definitely going to consider Malaga as a game, Nice work :)

Thankyou. I'm glad you like it; It took me an age to completely finish and this is my first every Team Thread. It will be nice to see you keeping us up-to-date and join the FM'ers that are already in here :)

I'm an absolute shambles at the moment. We kept six consecutive clean sheets at the start of the season and then Real came to town, we took the lead and then couldn't hold out and ended up getting spanked 4-1. Since then, the defence has gone to pot, conceding 13 in 6 (and currently 1-0 down to Villareal). Llorente has scored 4, and I'm at the end of November. He's now behind Rondon in the pecking order. Cazorla has been very quiet, not scoring and coming up with an assist every now and again. Duda has been my top performer by a mile.

I'll see once I get my save up and running; might go with a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 :) Sure, although I havn't had too much luck with a 4-2-3-1 formation on FM11.

Llew, go with a flat 4-4-2. I've only lost one game out of 23 so far in the first season and beat Barca 5-0. I feel like Mike Bassett

I'll take all these formations into evaluation once I'm finally in my game :thup:

One question lads; should I allow first Transfer Window budgets? Usually, I disable this as I much prefer to stick to the original squad until atleast January but, I'm not sure what to do.

EDIT: I've decided against allowing first window budgets. My squad should be able to get through to January where I can strengthen :)

scoringg.jpg

squadf.jpg

Scoring goals for fun at the moment as you can see but I do not think I will win the league as Madrid are just too good. I got 96 points last season and still lost the title and 92 points the season before. My squad is not deep enough, Villa my newgen DMC played great and then broke his ankle and Jesus Navas broke his leg. I will be bolstered by the experienced 30 year old Pepe coming in from Real Madrid for £10 million along with Coentrao from Madrid for £25 million.

I just hope Madrid will slip up as I am confident of getting 90 plus points.

Need a little advice guys, I have several South American players who I can not play due to restrictions on how many foreign players you can register, what I need help with is what should I do with them until the 2 years are up and they can claim Spanish citizenship?

Archived