FM12: LOSC Lille Metropole Thread - Hazard Perception

Hood Legend

LOSC Lille Metropole FM12 thread

lille.png

History

Lille Olympique Sporting Club (LOSC) Lille Métropole was formed on 23 September 1944 as a result of a merger between professional clubs Olympique Lillois and SC Fives, having been in negotiations since 1939. The club was initially named Stade Lillois although this only lasted two friendly games before the directors decided to change to the current name.

In 1945 Lille reached their first Coupe de France final where they were defeated 3-0 by the more experienced Racing Levallois 92. In their inaugural league season they shocked everyone by completing a league and cup double. They earned the nickname ‘war machine’ and were led by Rene Bihel who scored 28 goals in 26 games. They went on to win 3 Coupe de France titles in a row and also secured the trophy in 1953 and 1955 as well as a 2nd league title in 1954. After this the club faced financial difficulty and were forced to sell several of their best players including Dutch defender Cor van der Hart. Throughout the 60’s and 70’s the club yo-yoed between division 1 and 2, even reverting to amateur status at one point.

In 1994 the club was taken over by Bernard Lecomte and decided to focus on developing its youth system which produced players such as the Cheyrou brothers. In 2000 Lille returned to Ligue 1 under the management of Bosnian Vahid Halilhodzic. In 2002 Claude Puel was named as manager and movie producer Michel Seydoux purchased shares in the club before becoming majority shareholder in 2004. In his first full season of presidency Lille once again surprised everyone by finishing second in the league behind Lyon. This resulted in their first ever appearance in the UEFA champions league where they achieved one of their greatest ever results defeating English giants Manchester United. Several big names departed in 2009 including Michel Bastos, Jean Makoun and Puel who was replaced by Rudi Garcia. He replaced the departures with signings such as Gervinho and Moussa Sow as well as promoting youth players Adil Rami and Eden Hazard. These decisions paid off as Lille completed a league and cup double in 2011 winning their third Ligue 1 title and their 6th Coupe de France as Moussa Sow finished the leagues top-scorer with 25 league goals.

City

Lille is a city in Northern France situated on the Deule River near the border with Belgium. It has a population of approximately 230,000 people. Its main industries are Mechanical, food and textiles.

300px-Lille_Europe_Tower.JPG

The Europe Tower, Lille

Stadium

Since 2004 Lille have played their home games at the Stadium Nord Lille Metrople which has a capacity of 18,086.

Lille.jpg

In the summer of 2012 Lille will be moving to their new stadium the Grand Stade Lille Metropole which is also situated in the Villeneuve d’Ascq region and will have a much increased capacity of 50,186.

Rivalries

Lille’s most fierce rivalry is against RC Lens with whom they contest the Derby du Nord. Other big rivals include Paris Saint-Germain.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM12 Overview

lilleoverview.jpg

Kits

lillekits.jpg

Honours

lillehonours.jpg

Transfer and Wage budgets

Balance: £2,218,350

Top half finish – £5.25m / 450k p/w

Euro cup qual. – £6.25m / 450k p/w

Champions league qual – £6.75m / 450k p/w

Title challenge – £7.25m / 450k p/w

Winner - £7.75m / 450k p/w

Facilities

lillefacilities.jpg

Affiliates

FC Bourget (FRA) – First option

Diambars (SEN) – First option, youth facilities

AS Marsouins (REU) – First option, youth facilities

Zulte Waregem (BEL) – Loans

Mouscron Peruwelz (BEL) – Loans, First option

Tourcoing FC (FRA) – First option

Charleroi (BEL) - Loans

Players

First team

1 Mickael Landreau - GK – Very good goalkeeper but getting a bit old. His combination of excellent stats in reflexes, anticipation and agility make him an excellent shot stopper.

2 Mathieu DebuchyD/WB/M R – Good defender with nice mental stats but lacks pace. Can also play in midfield.

3 Lucas Digne D/WB L - Excellent youth prospect whom with good development can become a fantastic player.

4 Florent BalmontDM/MC – Combative Box-to-box midfielder who is unfortunately the wrong side of 30.

5 Idrissa GueyeDM/MC – Tough, young defensive midfielder who will cover a lot of ground with his good stamina and work rate stats.

6 Pape SouareD LC/WB L – Determined full back who is decent defensively but not well equipped going forward.

7 Dimitri PayetAMRL – Skilled Winger who is versatile and two footed.

8 Moussa SowST - Senegalese goal machine who when deployed correctly is a 20+ goal per season striker.

9 Tulio de MeloST - Out for 4 months with shin splits but when fit his aerial ability brings something different than the other strikers.

10 Eden HazardAMLC - Star man. One of the best young players in the world. Mentals aren’t that good but his technicals and physicals make up for it.

11 Ludovic ObraniakAMRLC – Versatile winger who can play on both sides and in the centre.

12 Omar WadeST - Striker with good composure will surely get a few goals if presented with chances.

13 Adama SoumaoroDC/DM - Very strong youngster with good defensive stats.

14 David RozehnalDC/DM – Experienced, solid defender who could also fill in in midfield.

16 Vincent EnyeamaGK – Nigerian keeper with good all round stats, his kicking is particularly impressive.

17 Benoit PedrettiDM/MC – Excellent passer, will create lots of chances in the centre of the park and has good stamina. Unfortunately he is getting on in years.

18 Franck BeriaDRLC - Well rounded, versatile defender who is comfortable on either flank or in the centre.

19 Gianni Bruno - ST – Young striker whose determination could see him grab a few goals.

20 Ronny RodelinST – Young striker who is capable of performing occasional pieces of magic.

21 Laurent BonnartDRL – Experienced full back that can play on either side but at 31 doesn’t have many seasons left.

22 Aurelian ChedjouDC/DM – Strong defender who has good stats in all the right places. Can also play as the anchor man.

24 Rio MavubaDM/MC - The Captain has wonderful mental stats and stamina which is unrivaled in the squad.

25 Marko BasaDC - The Montenegrin centre back is a great header of a ball and equally good at marking.

26 Joe ColeAMRLC – Tricky winger on loan from Liverpool, can play anywhere across the midfield.

27 Ireneusz JelenST – This pacey Polish striker will thrive on through balls but is in the latter stages of his career.

30 Barel MoukoGK – Goalkeeper from The Congo who has wonderful reflexes.

40 Alexandre OukidjaGK – young goalkeeper who is quick off his line and likes to punch the ball but he won’t be able to do so until his broken finger heals.

Squad Analysis

Goalkeeper

Summary

There are two excellent goalkeepers in the squad: Landreau and Enyeama. Landreau is probably slightly better but he is 32 so has about 4 years left at this level. I would suggest rotating regularly between the 2 to keep them both happy and allow Enyeama to take over when Landreau begins to decline.

Prospects

Salvatore Crimi looks to be a good prospect and if developed well could at least be a very good 2nd choice keeper, if not your starter.

Judgement

No purchases necessary.

Defender Right

Summary

3 options here: Beria, Debuchy, Bonnart. Beria is the best of the 3 and at 28 has at least 5 years left in him. However considering the lack of left backs it would be advisable to use Beria on the left and Debuchy on the right. Bonnart is handy as he can cover both flanks so keep him around as backup.

Prospects

Tadrowski seems to have decent stats for his age but the scouts don’t think he has much room for improvement.

Judgement

No purchases necessary.

Defender Left

Summary

Here you have Beria, Souare and Bonnart but Beria is the only one good enough to be first choice. Souare has room for improvement but will never become a top class player. It might be worth loaning him out to see if he gets better, this would give you the chance to give better youngsters some game time.

Prospects

Lucas Digne is a future world class full back with 4 star potential. Give him as much game time as possible against weaker teams and in cup games. Try and get Beria or Debuchy to tutor him as well. Boussebaine also looks like he could turn into a good player so keep an eye on his progression.

Judgement

It all depends on whether you plan to use Beria on the right. If so, you will need to purchase another left back.

Targets

Cheik M’Bengue

Defender Centre

Summary

There are several options for this position: Basa, Chedjou, Beria, Rozenhal and Souare.

It is most likely that Beria will playing at full back so count him out, Souare is also most likely to be out wide so that leaves you with 3 natural centre backs. Basa and Chedjou are very good and will be your first choice partnership. Rozehnal is good back up but only has a few seasons left.

Prospects

Soumaoro looks like he has the right stats but the scouts don’t seem to like him. I think it would be worth sending him out on loan to see how much he improves, or have him tutored and give him a few games.

Judgement

If you feel that 3 natural DC’s is not enough then it would be wise to bring in another. It is most likely given that strength or the first choice pairing and the lack of funds that it will just be another back up player.

Targets

Mapou Yange Mbiwa

Defensive Midfield

Summary

Options here are Mavuba, Balmont, Pedretti, Gueye, Rozehnal and Chedjou. The only 2 of those natural in this position are Mavuba and Gueye, the others are better off in their favoured positions. Mavuba is the first choice and Gueye is the backup.

Prospects

None.

Judgement

No need to buy here unless you play with more than 1 in this position.

Midfield Centre

Summary

There are lots of players in the squad who can play here but the main ones would be Pedretti, Balmont and Mavuba. Mavuba is better dropped back to defensive midfield if you use one in your formation. If you play with 2 CM’s then they pretty much pick themselves, Pedretti is an excellent deep lying playmaker and Balmont would be good as a box-to-box or ball winning midfielder. The problem is that there is a lack of depth to cover injuries and Balmont is quite old.

Prospects

None.

Judgement

Purchase someone to partner Pedretti. I think this is where the squad most needs strengthening so this will probably be your main purchase of the first window.

Targets

Moussa Sissoko

Marvin Martin

Attacking Midfielder

Summary

Hazard, Cole and Obraniak can play here if you use one in your formation. Hazard is natural although he is arguably better suited to the left wing. Cole and Obraniak have the stats to play here but are more effective in their natural positions.

Prospects

Kylian Hazard (Eden’s younger brother) could become a good player if developed properly. Try and give him game time and some tutoring.

Judgement

No need to purchase.

Right Winger

Summary

Payet, Cole and Obraniak. Any of them could play here and although Cole and Payet are similarly rated, Payet would be my first choice due to his superior technical stats.

Prospects

None.

Judgement

No need to purchase. I wouldn’t look to make Cole’s loan move permanent as his wages are way too high.

Left Winger

Summary

The options are Hazard, Cole, Payet, Obraniak. Even though its not his natural position I would use Hazard here as his stats are more suited to this position in my opinion. Obraniak is natural here so he is great backup for Hazard, leave the other 2 to battle it out for the right wing.

Prospects

None.

Judgement

No need to purchase as Hazard is amazing.

Striker

Summary

Sow, Jelen, Wade and Rodelin are the senior strikers. Sow and Jelen are both excellent but if you use one striker then Moussa Sow is your man because of his finishing, composure, off the ball and pace. Jelen is a very quick striker and good enough to start if you use two strikers. Rodelin has good flair so could be a super sub type player and Wade is nothing more than backup.

Prospects

Varez, Origi and Bruno all look like they could become decent players but will never be good enough to be first choice.

Judgement

No need to purchase.

Tactics

Considering the players currently at the club the obvious formation to play would be 4-5-1:

lille451.jpg

I would change Pedretti to Deep Lying Playmaker, Balmont to Box-to-box midfielder, Hazard to Inside Forward and Sow to Deep Lying Forward.

Another popular tactic to use would be the 4-4-2.

lille442.jpg

A third tactic suited to the players at the club would be the 4-2-3-1

lille4231.jpg

Staff Analysis

lillestaff.jpg

Assistant Manager

Fichaux and Bompard are both not good enough so try and replace them with someone better. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be many available other than Rachid Maatar of Monaco who would be better than the current two.

Coaches

Lefevre, Delaval and Chihab are all good. Adam doesn’t really have a stand out stat. Mottet is an excellent goalkeeping coach. Dupont the fitness coach isn’t very good and should be replaced, Gian Nicole Biscotti would be the perfect man for the job. Da Cruz and Cabral and both good with youngsters but not very good at other stats.

Physio

Grebert and Cuvelier are both wonderful physios.

Scouts

All 4 of them are decent with Van Damme being the best of the lot. I would bring in a better one though, someone like Luciano D’Onofrio (18, 20).

That concludes the guide. Any more questions feel free to ask me.

I hope you enjoy playing as LOSC Lille Metropole and good luck!

What a title!!! :p I am not going to comment on the OP, as always all the OP's for the various teams thus far seem to be superb!

What a great play on words!!! Hazard perception!!! :cool:

Haha thanks, I was thinking about it for ages and then it just hit me.

Now this is an epic thread. Well worthy of the best team in France ;)

I'm pleased that I picked the same formation as you. I think the only real issue the squad has, aside from a slight lack of depth is at LB. Although he was a winger as well, it's been a problem since Bastos left.

I've not really had a properr chance to get to grips with the squad yet - I've spent most of my time getting used to the new Interface (I'm an FM2010 boy), but I think my first priorities are to get the wages of Tulio and a couple of the reserves off the books and get in a loan LB.

It's also pleasing that the expactations are as low as a Top-half finish! Though CL football would be perfect for the new stadium; its just a shame we won't reach that in the demo.

Oh and.. ALLEZ LES DOGUES!

Thanks!

It will be difficult to get rid of Tulio as he has a long term injury but he will certainly be offloaded in January on the full game.

Although it is good to have low expectations regarding the lack of pressure that will be on the manager, I think it is probably due to the team having a low reputation which in turn means it is difficult to attract top quality players to the club.

I started the demo with Lille, just about to play the champions trophy against Marseille. My only purchase so far has been Felipe Anderson from Santos who looks like a great prospect. Still looking for a left back and a centre mid but having no luck so far.

OK so I've just reached November in my demo save, top of the league having won 9, drawn 2, lost 2.

Got the group of death in the champions league with Bayern, Villarreal and Napoli however after 4 games we are top of the group but it is very tight.

Most of the team have been performing well but one player has stood out much more than the others, no prizes for guessing as it is of course Eden Hazard. He is top scorer with 7 in 15 although (5 assists aswell) and an average rating of 7.71.

Love it :cool:

:D you going to have a save with Lille?

winger hes sh*t hot on the right for me :)

when i was man utd kaka got injured and i played him in the middle and he was like a step down from jesus :D

Haha awesome. Does he still get a lot of goals in the winger role, or mainly just assists?

---------

Finished the demo now. 2nd in Ligue 1 after 19 behind Lyon, we were cruising at the top until 3 out of 4 of the first choice defence all got injured. Finished the champions league group top 4 points ahead of Bayern. Napoli and Villarreal were eliminated.

At my last update I was having problems getting Moussa Sow scoring as he had 5 in 11. I changed the role he plays in and he ended the demo with 16 in 19. (11 in 8 since the last update) He was the second best player in the squad with an average on 7.32. The best player was way out in front with 10 goals and 10 assists in 23 games with an average rating of a whopping 7.90... Eden Hazard.

I've been very slow to play this (I always am) and am still mucking around in pre-season. Rio just scored an epic OG with his arse though. :cool:

Hood, what role did you change Sow to? I've been going with Sow as Advanced Forward and Jelen as a Target Man.

hahaha that sounds like an odd OG indeed.

I've been playing both of them as poachers with them selected as the target man in the team instructions with run onto ball because they quick enough to beat defenders. Jelen didn't do very well for me but hes good enough backup for a 4-5-1 formation

:D you going to have a save with Lille?

Not quite sure mate. Im planning saves with Hoffenheim (whom Im doing the thread for), PSG, Malaga & quite possibly Anzhi, so I would have to see if I had time for one mate.

Still mucking around in pre-season (I know, I know... wife aggro), but nearing the end of it. Have won all my friendlies at a canter, and playing some good football.

Rodelin seems to prefer my system to Jelen, so he is now Sow's backup. Talking of which he scored a sliding toe-poke in one game - I've never seen that before.

I'm not selling anyone and have only brought in Coquelin from Arsenal as backup and to cover an injury to Balmont. I was going to see if I could get Wayne Bridge in on loan, but of course the Man City reserves aren't available.

Really looking forward to the full game so I can start my usual empire building.

Sounds good. I got a loan player in to cover midfield but I cannot remember his name now.

I'm also excited for the full game. I think it will be harder this time round as it will be difficult to compete with PSG financially.

How does Kylian Hazard look on your save? He was down to 2 star potential by the end up mine which was quite disappointing.

Keep us updated with your save. :D

has anybody given this a go yet on the demo? im managing in france at the moment at rennes but lille are struggling with a record of won 4 drawn 4 lost 4. i know its only 1 save but its suggesting to me that lille are weaker than last year and another title challenge is going to be a tough ask for us without a couple of good signings. where in the league should we be looking to finish if we kept this starting squad?

At the end of my demo save we were 2nd in the league so I think a title challenge is certainly possible, this was without any purchases either, despite the AI predicting a 6th place finish behind teams such as Saint Ettiene and Bordeaux.

As far as being not as strong as last year I would say that Gervinho, Cabaye and Rami are all a bit better than their replacements; Payet, Pedretti and Basa but with the other additions; Enyeama, Cole and Jelen the squad now has more strength in depth so it pretty much evens itself out I think.

I'm going to try a French team this year there is a lot of good teams. Have got a save on the demo as Paris. St Germain but Lille just seem much more suited to my playing style. May have a try tonight see what I can do.

very very good thread, really made me consider my decision now, thanks -.-

just completed first season, finished 3rd in the final Champion League spot 7 points off Marseilles who won the title. Barca Napoli & Rubin in the group stage of the champions league but 6 points got us through and went on to knock out Chelsea 5-2 on Agg and Real Madrid 2-0 in Quarter Finals before losing to Milan in Semi Final.

signed Wilfried & Yanga MBiwa for total of £11m, and sold Obraniak, Chedjou & Beria for £14m.

Sow heading to Liverpool for £9.5M but have Alberto Paloschi and Andres Guardado coming in on free transfers. Newcastle have been relegated so hope to bring Cabaye back too.

just completed first season, finished 3rd in the final Champion League spot 7 points off Marseilles who won the title. Barca Napoli & Rubin in the group stage of the champions league but 6 points got us through and went on to knock out Chelsea 5-2 on Agg and Real Madrid 2-0 in Quarter Finals before losing to Milan in Semi Final.

signed Wilfried & Yanga MBiwa for total of £11m, and sold Obraniak, Chedjou & Beria for £14m.

Sow heading to Liverpool for £9.5M but have Alberto Paloschi and Andres Guardado coming in on free transfers. Newcastle have been relegated so hope to bring Cabaye back too.

Sounds like a good season, especially the impressive champions league run. Well done.

Some good purchases there aswell. Personally I wouldn't have sold Sow, he is a beast. Was he not performing very well for you?

Keep it up. :thup:

Sounds like a good season, especially the impressive champions league run. Well done.

Some good purchases there aswell. Personally I wouldn't have sold Sow, he is a beast. Was he not performing very well for you?

Keep it up. :thup:

He did well got 15+ in about 28/29 league games and 6 in Europe, 5 of which were in the knock-out stages but going into May Liverpool made a bid and he'd only 13 months left on contract so decided to cash in, Paco Alcacer loan listed so take him in to add to striking options and use money to strengthen other areas.

Oh well fair enough. I've just started my save tonight, sorted out coaches, training, tactics and contracts. Let a lot of players go (Mouko, Gueye & Bruno being the most high profile). I'm finding it hard to attract any decent players at all so might just stick with what I have at least until January.

yea struggled to attract players too even in January, loans were the best option. After missing out on group stage of champions league in season 2 Wolfsburg put me out, Got Cabaye for £11.5m and Veloso for £5m then was offered Flamini who was a free agent and couldn't pass him. Loaned Balotelli for £30k a week. Took £4.4m for Petretti with his age and the 3 i'd signed, and Chelsea offered £8.5m for Basa so let him leave though may regret that seen as there are not many suitable replacements. Krul and Santon targets for January both are still with Newcastle in Championship

yea struggled to attract players too even in January, loans were the best option. After missing out on group stage of champions league in season 2 Wolfsburg put me out, Got Cabaye for £11.5m and Veloso for £5m then was offered Flamini who was a free agent and couldn't pass him. Loaned Balotelli for £30k a week. Took £4.4m for Petretti with his age and the 3 i'd signed, and Chelsea offered £8.5m for Basa so let him leave though may regret that seen as there are not many suitable replacements. Krul and Santon targets for January both are still with Newcastle in Championship

Good to see Cabaye back at the club. After I said I would stick with the current squad my scouts recommended Jan Vertonghen who I signed for £8m and Sejad Salihovic who I had a deal lined up for but he then got injured and failed the medical so I will try again for him in the winter.

Season has started pretty well. The only 2 disappointments have been losing to Marseille 3-0 in the super cup despite it being a quite even game and losing at home to Lorient. They scored from their only 2 shots and we could only score one in 17 attempts, very frustrating, but were still 2nd in the league. Champions league group is AC Milan, Zenit and Maccabi Haifa, the latter of which we beat in the opening game.

Season 1 Review

Transfers

Out:

Idrissa Gueye - £2m - Catania

Barel Mouko - £600K - Porto

Gianni Bruno - 600K - Swansea

David Rozehnal - £2.5m - Marseille

Ronny Rodelin - £1.6m - Southampton

In:

Jan Verthonghen - £8m

Ligue 1

It was a successful league campaign as we retained our title. It started off well and we were top for almost all the season, we built up a big lead and needed only 1 more win to secure the title but with Marseille in great form hot on our tails we felt the pressure and lost 3 in the row and only won the league by 1 point.

Coupe de la Ligue

Lost in the semi final to Stade Rennais

Coupe de France

Lost in the 10th round away to Lyon

Champions League

We progressed from the a group containing AC Milan, Zenit and Maccabi Haifa. Top of the group with 15 points. In the 1st knockout round we were drawn against Porto but unfortunately Hulk was on top form in both legs and we lost 5-2 on aggregate.

Transfers for next season

Out:

none yet

In:

Yohan Cabaye - £14m

Sven Bender - £4m

Marek Hamsik - £26m

Newcastle were relegated so Cabaye was listed by request and I had to bring him back to where he belongs. I was planning on waiting until the value went down a bit but Inter went in with a bid so I had to match it. Bender was offered to me and I couldn't resist it as a great price for a player of his quality. At this point the midfield was sorted but when I saw Hamsik was interested in moving to Lille I had to make the move as players of that quality don't come along very often. All deals were done over 48 months so I'm hoping the increased revenue from the new stadium move will help pay those off.

Season 2 Review

Transfers

In:

Yohan Cabaye - £14m - Had to bring him back, a big price but Inter made a big which I had to match.

Sven Bender - £4m - Bargain for such a good player, will be Mavuba's successor.

Marek Hamsik - £26m - Couldn't believe it when I saw he was interested, had to bring a player of that quality in.

Slobodan Rajkovic - £5.5m - Cheap fee for a player who turned out very good.

Eren Derdiyok - £4.2m - Another bargain, gives a different option to Sow.

Out:

Tulio de Melo - free - Atletico Mineiro

Florent Balmont - £2.7m - Palermo

Laurent Bonnart - £1m - Caen

Papa Souare - £5m - Benfica

Omar Wade - £825k - Ajaccio

Jerry Vandam - £2.8m - Fiorentina

Coupe de la Ligue

4th round: 6-0 v Lorient (Hazard x2, Payet x2, Hamsik, Sow)

Quarter Final: 2-1 v Rennes (Hazard, Derdiyok)

Semi Final: 3-1 v Marseille (Rajkovic, Payet x2)

Final: 5-1 v Nantes (Bender, Hazard x2, Chedjou x2)

French Cup

We knocked out Pau FC, Vendee Herbiers Football and Marseille but got beat in the Quarter final by Lyon... again.

Ligue 1

At the start of the season we just couldn't win away from home and often dropped points against lower teams due to complacency. We hovered around 5th until christmas when we sorted it out and began to push on but just couldn't catch up with Lyon and Marseille who finished 1st and 2nd respectively.

Champions League

In the group we were drawn with Arsenal, Benfica and Standard Liege. We scraped through in 2nd place behind Arsenal eith 10 points.

In the first knockout round we drew Juventus and to my surprise hammered them 4-0 at home. In the 2nd leg I was fairly confident of progression but Juventus battered us and they were 4-0 up by 65 minutes but we managed to hold on and grab an away goal to sneak through.

In the quarter finals we had the mighty Real Madrid. The first leg was at the Bernabeu and with only 2 attacks of the game we managed to score from both of them whilst Madrid could only score 1 to give us an amazing victory. In the 2nd leg they came forward in wave after wave but couldn't break us down and it ended 0-0 sending us to an unlikely semi final.

In the semi finals we drew the even mightier Barcelona, albeit without the injured Lionel Messi. In the first leg at the Nou Camp they were all over us for most of the game and scored 3 times. We didn't have many attacks and our best chances came from set-pieces, particularly the 2 corners which Slobodan Rajkovic managed to get up and head both of them in to give us a respectable 3-2 loss. In the second leg David Villa went off injured after 4 minutes and Barca never recovered, they barely had any chances compared to our 24 and we cruised to an amazing 3-0 victory thanks to goals from Hazard, Payet and Hamsik. Probably the most famous victory in Lilles history.

This set us up with an all french final against arch rivals Marseille at Wembley. The first half was pretty even as both teams created chances but neither team could convert. The deadlock was broken after 61 minutes when Moussa Sow put us in front. It looked like that would be enough to win it until Lucho Gonzalez struck the equaliser on 83 minutes. It seemed to be heading to penalties but in the last minute of stoppage time Ludovic Obraniak won a free kick and then curled it into the top corner to crown Lille the Champions of Europe for the first time in the clubs history. Not bad for an 18-1 outsider, amazing end to the season.

Players

The star player was no surprise. Eden Hazard. He was the clubs topscorer, playing 55 scoring an incredible 32 and setting up an even more incredible 36. His avergae rating for the season was an impressive 7.80.

Hopey is just jealous that we beat OL the other week. ;)

Sadly I don't have the full game yet and my computer is playing up so I don't have any progress to report. I will have to live vicariously through this thread.

Gratz on the CL!

I had to chuckle at some of your very un-Lille purchases: Hamsik for £26mil. :p Well done for getting Yohan back though. Did the new stadium make any big difference to your finances? Are you filling it?

Hopey is just jealous that we beat OL the other week. ;)

Sadly I don't have the full game yet and my computer is playing up so I don't have any progress to report. I will have to live vicariously through this thread.

Gratz on the CL!

I had to chuckle at some of your very un-Lille purchases: Hamsik for £26mil. :p Well done for getting Yohan back though. Did the new stadium make any big difference to your finances? Are you filling it?

Ahh right I see.

That is a shame, do you think you will be getting it soon?

Thanks, it came as quite a surprise, when I saw the Quarter final draw I thought that was definitely the end of the road.

He was easily the best player interested in moving to the club at the time so I had to go for it, the fee was over 48 months aswell so its not too bad.

The new stadium has certainly improved the finances, we are making a bit of profit every month and the clubs balance is now £50m although the Champions league prize money would obviously have helped. We aren't filling the ground very often, its usually around 38k attendance so we have had a few fan days, hopefully it will be higher this season with the CL reputation boost.

I picked up this regen in the pre-season who looks potentially world class...

juanpablopirislille.png

First Season Review

Firstly, i was considering doing a Lille save until i saw this page and it changed my mind from considering to actually doing it.

As for my season it had some ups and some downs. In the summer transfer window we were very quiet, I only purchased one player and that was Markus Henriksen from Rosenborg for 4million over 48months. I sold Barel Mouko to Napoli for a respectable 900k, I also got rid of Tulio de Melo for 1.2million and finally Julien De Araujo got released for free.

I got off to a cracking start with back to back 5-0 victorys over AS Nancy Lorraine and Montpellier Herault SC. As for my champions league group i got a tough one... Chelsea,Napoli and Dynamo Kyiv. However i thought with a couple of good away results and a little bit of luck I could progress to the last 16. after 2 games played i was top, I got a home victory over napoli 2-0 and an away victory at Kyiv 4-0. At the end of the group chelsea were top with 18points Lille were second with 10, Napoli were 3rd on 7 and Kyiv a terrible 0. In the last 16 i got a tough draw in Real Madrid, after the first leg i was still in with a shout as we drew 1-1 at home, but unfortunately we got thumped 6-2 away in Madrid with Ronaldo netting a hattrick. Manchester United went on to lift the trophey along with the premier league and league cup.

As the league went on it became clear i was going to be in with a big shout in lifting the trophy. That was until Hazard got injured for 3months around december. In january i got knocked out of the french cup in the 9th round so action had to be taken. The january transfer window arrived and so did 4 new additions to the squad. Firstly I signed Rivaldo on a free as a back up and freddy adu also as a back up (the squad was very thin with a couple of long injurys and suspensions) But the main 2 signings were Dusan Tadic for 9.75million again over 48months and Christian Eriksen for 10million also over 48months. They both settled ok with average ratings of 7.11 and 7.18 respectively.

The coupe de la ligue was a highlight of the season, after knocking out Bordeaux,Dijon and Lyon we beat Stade Brestois 29 in the final 3-1 with Tadic netting a brace and Sow also netting.

Ligue 1 should have been wrapped up with several games to play but a terrible run of form in the last 6 games (W2,D1,L3) meant it came down to the last game of the season. I went into a home game against AS Nancy Lorraine needing to better or equal OM's result against Sochaux. In the end we both won so I won the league on goal difference.

lilleleaguetable.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All in all i think it was a pretty successful season for my first ever french club save. Here are a couple of my best performers of the season..

hazardj.jpg

chedjou.jpg

moussasow.jpg

Hey there gents, sorry to intrude..

I play in the French league, as you can probably tell by my username, i was just wondering if anyone had done anything in terms of graphics involving the new Lille stadium?

Its a small thing but i hate not having the background for your club since the move?

Hey there gents, sorry to intrude..

I play in the French league, as you can probably tell by my username, i was just wondering if anyone had done anything in terms of graphics involving the new Lille stadium?

Its a small thing but i hate not having the background for your club since the move?

Not that I have come across, but if I find anything I will send you a PM or something.

Archived