Computer AI equalising as soon as you score... it's getting a little old

I've noticed it as well, if they score like 5 minutes later that's fine with me, it happens a lot IRL but when the AI equalizes right from the kick-off it's annoying though it happens both ways anyway..

I think it's just the AI that switches to Attacking/Overload or whatever and for some reason it's really effective sometimes, just seems a vulnerability on the ME.

I don't think many people complain about it anymore as it hs been going on for years now, game after game, most replies will come back with "it's your tactics". I have lost count how many times it happens almost instantly and most times even before I can give new instructions to the team. Yep but your right, it happens far to often.

I'm sure i'm not the only one to notice but the endless ability for the computer AI to create a chance just after you have scored is beyond ridiculous. I wish there was someway to count the number of times a team equalises within a given period because honestly it's getting really silly. I just finished a game where I scored three times, only for the AI to then score straight from the kickoff each time. Anyone else get annoyed by this?

I tend to retain possession and keep the play simple for ten minutes after scoring.

You're at your most vulnerable when you've just scored, and most dangerous after you've conceded.

I agree with this.

One of the things I hate the most is conceding right after scoring. At the same time, one of the best feelings is scoring right after conceding.

The other day, in the carling cup final, I scored in the 117th minute just to concede in the 120th. Its frustrating but it was understandable; my players were tired, distracted, probably still celebrating and the opposition had no choice but to throw everything forward in order to reach penalties. I ended up winning on penalties so it was all good.

You know my team is highly determined, focused, and hard working; whenever we concede a goal, we almost always create a chance from the kickoff.

Now this is an extreme example granted but I have seen plenty of games where you score/concede and almost immediately from kickoff you then score/concede. It happens way too often for me.

It is certainly not a hardcoded element of the ME. Given you've had to photoshop fake evidence to try and provide proof, I suggest you give up on this one. It can't even be happening that much even to you.

After this stellar response I am now tempted to bring up my other grievance with FM, namely scoring from opposition goalkicks, for example goalie takes a goal kick, your midfielder wins initial header and heads the ball to your striker who then races past a static defence to score. I see this a LOT, both from the AI and also my own guys, again totally ridiculous.

This is a legitimate complaint. It is an ME weakness that is a known issue but is very difficult to solve.

I am now tempted to bring up my other grievance with FM, namely scoring from opposition goalkicks, for example goalie takes a goal kick, your midfielder wins initial header and heads the ball to your striker who then races past a static defence to score.

This used to infuriate me, but I've found specifying a defender to distribute to instead of just setting distribution to "Defender Collect" more or less eliminates it. The keeper kicks like this when opposing forwards are too close to defenders, but if you set a specific defender as the collector, he'll usually hang behind the defensive line away from any markets.

Archived