Best version of football manager

It'd have to be a toss up between CM4 and 03/04 for me. I tried CM3 and had an absolutely torrid time with that game and would have given up on the series had I not stumbled across a CM4 demo sometime later. I went out and bought the game after playing that. After playing 03/04 there was no hope. I as hooked on FM.

I think you'll be in a very small group with CM4.

Surely that one is in the running for worst ever game in the series.

To be honest, FM12 is by far the best for me and I've been playing every edition since CM98/99. Yes, I have great memories of playing on the old games as a kid but I've never been so immersed in a CM/FM as I have with FM12 and I would have said FM11 up until I bought 12. I think the level of detail is fantastic and gives real longevity to the game. I love the CM/FM series as a whole and long may it continue :thup:

The best version usually is the latest one to come out & 2011 is no exception.

I have never gone back & played any earlier version again, apart from finishing a few favourite saves I had in the older version.

I think you'll be in a very small group with CM4.

Surely that one is in the running for worst ever game in the series.

Yea, probably true. In terms of pure enjoyment, it's way up there though. Actually, I've liked all the versions since then up to 08 and, from then on, I've felt the game hasn't really made any major improvements.

Finding myself quite addicted to my career save on FM12 at the moment - almost like when I first discovered the old CM series - not sure if it's the best/favourite but it definitely has potential - loved all the previous FMs but this one seems to have something a bit extra.

I would've said FM12 but, after after initially having fun with it, the demo ticked me off majorly so I decided against buying the full game.

I will say FM10 because this is the longest save I've ever had on any FM and it has been amazing.

FM 08 just edges it over FM07. FM07 was an amazing game and in terms of speed stability and game flow is my favourite. FM08 introduces more annoying interruptions in the form of constant transfer speculation and other news but makes up for it with a ME that's significantly improved. Both have badly balanced regen attribute distribution but At least at the highest level FM08 works better.

Archived