FM 2008: Welcome to Vicente Calderón - Home of Atlético Madrid!

manu legend

when i where season tinto my at.madrid game i still coudnt find this thread icon_frown.gif not doin that game any more kind of a traitor lol

best formation m8 is 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 . keepin it basic is good las season i did i went 4 2 3 1 and was sin top 2 with about 10games left

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Hi I'm considering starting as Athletico Madrid can anyone tell me who to buy, Who to sell and best tactic please. Thanks.

buy matty fernandez i bought him in the first season and im now in 2016 and he is practiclly Mr.Atletico Madrid

ive won 2UEFA cups 1league tittle and 1champions league

also never sell aguero

I'm currently playing with At. Madrid, coming to the end of the first season lying in 3rd behind Barcelona, and Real Madrid, Barca have almost went the season unbeating, only 3 games left.

Got to the Spanish cup final, only to lose in extra time 2-1 to Real Madrid, also reached the UEFA Cup Final vs Roma, fingers crossed.

Players In

R Van der Vaart - 12.5m

Players Out

D Forlan - 14m

Luis Gacia - 4m

Coming in the summer

Rafina - 10m

Playing a 4.1.2.3.1 tactic, kinda like what Barca play, only tweaked to my liking. Augero has been on fire 38 goals so far.

Looking to strenghten the defence, and after a DM so any hints would be cool?

Originally posted by SneakyDave:

atleticotable2011tz6.th.jpg

WOW! Same season as we were 19th when I joined, we're second, equal on points with Madrid, just a few goals behind on goal difference. Also in the UEFA Cup Final.

I'm selling Reyes for 28m to Arsenal at the end of the season, he is still annoyed that I dumped him as captain.

Any recommendations for defence? I'm going to try for Ustari during the summer. Also, I could get Hildebrand for around 8m, worth it in 2011?

Leo Franco is average at the moment, hasn't been great all season. We're scoring loads, but conceding too many. Maybe I'm spoiled, but at Man United, I conceded 15 goals in the league all season.

The club is in a serious state financially, the club took 10m of my 14m transfer budget to pay SOME of the debt.

On a side note, doesn't this regen look a bit too good to be true?

morapm2.th.jpg

Come on guys is anyone still playing?

wow nice regen!! whats his pa?

UPDATE.

Ended the 1st season

League - 3rd

Cup - Runners Up

UEFA Cup - Winners

Pre-season

Players In

C.Zapata - 20m px

A.Zapeter - 7M

Rafina - 10m

Players Out

Juardo - 4.5m

Also getting offers for Raul Garcia around the 15m, didn't play him much last season so might off load him.

Again any tips always helpful

Just about to start 4th season.

Loving it so far, my team is a young one with an average of 24 and we are winning and winning well.

2nd Season we won,

La Liga

Champion's League

Spanish Cup Runner's up

3rd Season we won.

La Liga

Champion's League

Spanish Cup

Spanish Super Cup

Euro Super Cup

World Club Champions

Basically it all.

Current squad

GK Llhors

WBR Rafina

WBL A.Lopez/some russian from Lazio

DC C.Zapata

DC Felipe

DMC A.Zapater

MC R.VDV/Maxi

MC Silva

AMR S.Augero/Tevez

AML Reyes

FC Hunterlaar

Hunterlaar was on fire, 52 goals in 55 games, awesome as was Silva player of the year so great long rangers against the big clubs eg Barca/Real

So the start of the 4th season, updated the back room staff with better 7 star coaches, only had 6's and looking to maybe bring some new players in, have £45 million to spend, just done a deal for Mata for 8mil.. Would go after Messi if he was interested, has a buyout of 40mil.

Any advice to make the boys stronger than ever,

I'm in the 2008/2009 season. Aguero is having an amazing season, his just hit his 38th goal in mid January, including 5 against AC Milan.

My current squad:

_______________Franco

____Valera__Garay__Albiol__Insua__

_________Veloso_____R.Garcia__

___Simao____________________Ben Arfa__

____________Aguero__Forlan__

Subs:

Antonio Lopez

M. Sakho

Boswinga

Camacho

Lucas (loan)

Luis Jiminez

Luis Garcia

Zarate

Aquino

The board have been really tight with me. Got 20 Million the summer before which I used to boost my defence (bought Albiol, Insua and Garay). In December or so, I sold Pablo to Milan for 20 Million. Wasn't able to use any of that in the January window for some reason though, sold a few players to scrape a bit together enough to buy a replacement for him. Missed out on the window by a couple of days, but I did agree good deals with Villarreal for Gonzalo Rodriguez for 7 Million and one with Sevilla for Fazio for 8 Million. All I need to do is confirm the deals. Which one should I go with? Or is it worth getting both of them?

My squad is pretty light atm. Might be getting Tevez on a free next season, thinking of selling Forlan to finance a move for someone else if that deal falls through. Benzema is on the list, but I'm guessing he'll be difficult to get. Vela is another option.

A keeper is another priority. Lloris is my target, reckon I could get him for about 15 million. Think Akinfeev will be too exspensive.

My main summer target is Kuzmanovic from Fiorentina. Currently unsettling him.

Any advice on my Rodriguez/Fazio dilemma or on any other things I've mentioned? Thanks in advance.

Oh and btw, how helpful are the board in regard to transfer budgets in 2009+?

• 2 weeks later...

Just started second season as Atletico using 8.0.2...

1st season finished 4th in league behind Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia. Record W22 D8 L8 F60 A26

Went out of UEFA cup 1st round! Didnt play first team in home leg and lost second leg.

Made it to 5th round of Spanish cup.

Signed Giannis Papadopoulos from Iraklis 240k and Jean II Makoun from Lille for 9.5m

Kept majority of squad apart from Pernia and Jurado. Lost a lot of cash though sacking and replacing coaches which has hit my finances and transfer budget hard!

Second season so far beaten Olympiakos in qualifying for Champions League...

Signed Thiago from Barcelona for 2.3m, Luis Jimenez from Ternana for 1.5m and taken both Alexandre Song and Carlos Vela on loan from Arsenal.

Sold Ze Castro for 5.25m Forlan for 15m and Luis Perea for 5.75m and looking for a new centre back - Garay moved to Inter in 1st season so hes out of the equation!

Playing a 4-5-1 formation with Aguero as lone striker and been using Reyes as playmaker in a flat midfield five... Hopefully with more luck this season...

Will keep you posted

i have a save with them seson 4. very fun team to play.

my B team is top team in segunda div. my team is smacked with saouth american u21 players signed at age 18 and are now spanish citizens.

sergio aguero is not good at all in my save and i consider selling him for 40-50 mills, he makes 15-20 goals per year and demand a huge wage. my stadium is epxanded to 70000 wich i like alot. 4th biggest in spain after valencia 75k and barca and real

valencia is way overrated in my game and extremly hard to win over. they have all villa,silva,zigic still and bombing goals. when i meet them in cup,cl and leauge i am happy with draws.

Here's my team going into the second season. I won La Liga pretty easily the first season thanks to no real injury problem and some lucky wins over Barcelona, who couldn't seem to lose to anyone else. Real Madrid were solid in defense but had scoring problems. Me? I just totally outscored the opposition and my defense was above-average.

My current team:

GK: Leo Franco- solid, raises his game vs the big teams

backups: Carini (loan), Falcon (awesome name!)

RB: Rafinha- solid, if unspectacular

backups:

Seitaridis- fine

Pasanen- new signing

CB: Pablo- fantastic!

backups:

Perea- fine

CB: Albiol- new signing. There's a weird story here. Villarreal signed him in the winter of the first season and then, somehow, were relegated. Albiol signed a new contract with them but with a $15 million release clause which I activated, and he signed with me.

backups: same

LB: Antonio Lopez- danger going forwards

backup:

Pernia- keep this guy, seriously. He's a monster at free kicks and a good defender. Bring him on late in the game in case you get a free kick chance because he makes them from everywhere.

MR: Maxi Rodriguez- captain fantastic, is unhappy because of Real Madrid continuously bidding ridiculously low amounts for him

backup:

Simao- somewhat disappointing

MC: Jean Makoun- new signing, replaced Raul Garcia

backup:

Kroos- on and off, but he's young and needs time

Motta- gets 7s, nothing else

MC: Reyes- great! Hold onto him unless you get a very good offer

backup: same

ML: Daniel Carvalho- new signing

backup:

Luis Garcia- surprisingly, given his stats, he was quite good

FC: Aguero- well, you all know about him

backup:

Gouffran- new signing

Braulio- first season back from loan, I was going to sell him but, he actually looks pretty good

Sadick Adams- promising, give him some time in easier games

FC: Forlan- annoyingly inconsistent, but unstoppable when he's on-form. I kind of want to sell him because he's getting old but no interest for a 30-goal scorer (go figure)

backups: same

Your first season, a right back is your first priority because Seitaridis isn't good enough and Valera is crap. You may also want a defensive midfielder because Motta is really your only one (Raul Garcia technically is, but you shouldn't waste him as a DM, he's a great AMC). Later, you need a world-class centerback to partner Pablo.

Players to sell immediately:

-Cleber Santana but wait for a good bid

-Maniche when he gets back from loan because he's unhappy with a backup role

-Jurado because he's a mediocre AMC in a team of brilliant AMCs

-Mista but good luck with that, I just loaned him to some stupid team whose willing to pay 30% of his ridiculous wages

-If you sign a new centerback, sell Eller. If you sign 2, sell Ze Castro/Perea. Ze Castro and Perea are essentially the same but Castro attracts large offers.. but Perea is older. Your choice.

-Valera if you can get a decent offer. Coaches hate him but I find he performs reasonably well against poor opposition. Reasonable backup if you have a huge injury crisis.

Tactics wise, I played a 41221 with Forlan FC, Aguero AMC, Reyes/R Garcia AMC/Maxi MR, L Garcia ML, Motta DMC for the first 3/4 of the season. The AI started breaking the tactic so I switched to a 442. Aguero still scores from the AMC position but I think I would put him at striker and Forlan at AMC (he can play here too) if you play with 1 striker... or just sell Forlan if you can.

Good luck guys, it's a really fun game with 1 issue: your good players attract a TON of interest and may get unhappy. Luckily, you should get some $ to replace them so don't hesitate to sell any player, except Aguero and especially Simao (maybe you'll have better luck with him), for a good offer.

• 2 weeks later...
nicely written scott. hows your game going?

Thanks,

I'm in January second season now (I don't play very often), and I'm in first place by 5 points. The unfortunate part about playing in Spain is that Real and Barca do not lose very often. I'm undefeated, drew at Real Madrid, drew at Valencia, and drew at Sevilla and have won everything else... though this doesn't seem to be enough for dominance yet.

Makoun is a terrific signing, I highly recommend him. Pablo and Maxi became happy again after a few weeks but it's transfer window time again and the bs bids keep tumbling in from Madrid and the likes so I'm sure they will be unhappy again. Reyes is fantastic as a partner with Makoun. Simao has been better this year. Pernia has 4 free kick goals already. Everyone else has been pretty good.

Aguero tore his calf and missed the first few months, but he hasn't been scoring now that he's recovered which is really worrying. Forlan suffered the exact same injury and is still out, so, at one point, I had to rely on Braulio and Gouffran as my primary strikers.

The real highlight is my defense which has only allowed 4 or so goals (though all my draws were 0-0 so whenever the opponents score, I have won!). I changed tactics so I think this is the reason because Albiol is my only new defensive starter and he has a rating under 7.

hi i've just started a new season with athletico i've signed defour, jimenez (the one on loan at inter from chile) samba and have loaned song from arsenal and very likely got makelele on loan as well. Can someone recommend me a good and cheap right back under 5 million and also should i sell some players like luis garcia? Also is it worth making makelele a permanent player for 1 million?

I am using the latest patch if that helps.

sell of some junk and go for rafinha

hes awesome for 10 mill and rated 2nd best rb in game

zapater rafinha and the useal young signings (sakho, saivet) and huntelaar should sort your problems

out with forlan all junk players and the 2 bad rb and u are set

i have played with madrid 4 sesons and i will post a screen of my signing first seson

if i remember correnctly pick and low ambition club ambition for transfer fonds and after ask for more wages. always sign all players for 24 months transfers

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2007qh3.jpg

o btw

keep saving up money and dont waste on big name signings and apply for stadium expansion when u have a good average and board will expand it to a 70-72k stadium.

with big names i mean 15m+ transfers, there is plenty of super players at 10-14 mill first 2 sesons so shouldt be hard.

barcelona is very very very good togheter with real madrid make spanish division fun to play. Its very challanging and to win the leauge means u can loose 6-10 points in 38 games and still be runners up or even 3rd hehe

valencia is also way overrated and very hard to beat away with silva and villa in the spearhead.

scott

before each transfer window , january and summer try give your key players new contracts, often u can take away singing on fee and offer same wage or little increase only. do this when offersbeen made for em and when player accept new contract all old bids go away. check the transfer negotiation window before. if it stands player wants to to negotiate with the club that offers he will be unhappy, otherwise its safe to reject bids.

also keep an eye on real madrid and barcelona and valencia kye players if they sign new contracts with low release clouses, even if u cant afford them it can be good to trigger them off and almost always all english top clubs make bids to. this way they loose unreplacabe players.

Valencia haven't done really well in my games. For some reason, Getafe and Betis generally compete for 4th with Sevilla in the mix whereas Valencia finish 7-10th. Villarreal were relegated first season!

That's an interesting idea with the contracts, the problem is that I accidently gave Albiol a giant contract. He was signed by Villarreal before they were relegated but he signed a new contract with a tiny release clause. I activated it but, he said he wasn't interested. I offerred him $180K wages just for the hell of it and he accepted and signed. I'm making lots of $ because of 2 financial feeder clubs so the salary doesn't matter but all my defensive players want parity with him!

But I will try your idea with Maxi who tends to garner the most foreign interest. Unfortunately, Barca (who, in-game, just bought Cry-naldo btw) and Real have signed their key players to contracts with MASSIVE release clauses. Ramos's is $660 million I think and Robinho's is close to that, haha. I'll have to check out some of the other players.

albiol is very good

i had same problems u are having. real asking for pablo all the time and juve for maxi.

maxi was my team cap so i refused to sell him, pablo got unlucky in the end and got sold for stupid 19 mill board acceptance over my head in end of seson 3.

does valencia still have silva and villa in your game scott?

getafe is doing good couse ustari had a lucky game and got good ca/pa ? he got random potental and can sometime be master gk.

the 660 mill clouses will be redone once a seson and sometimes they go to 40-50 mills. english teams usealy sit on 200-300 mills transfer kitty after a few sesons so they will act if u trigger em.

Thanks for the replies. i have had an 15 million bid for forlan, is Huntelarr the best option to replace him or should i tryget benezma? regarding a keeper is it best to leave it a season and bid for ustari or is franco good enough as your no 1 keeper. Also is it worth taking a gamble on guiza or uche for backup forwards? And finally is it worth selling ze castro and Raul garcia.

Forlan out is good, bringing in Huntelaar is even better. Benzema is not affordable.

Franco is good yes but have a look at Costil, Lloris, Frey, Landreau all french and all good.

Guiza and Uche are good as back ups yes.

Finally if you want to sell them no problem but do you have replacements?

franco is very good. i only sold him couse i made cash selling him

akinfeev or lloris should be your targets to replace him within 3 sesons and before big clubs buy them.ustari got random pa so sometimes hes very good sometimes not, he is cheap though

there is many good midielders avaible cheap u can get at start to replace castro and garcia. buy only sell them when u know u can get a player wich is much better for just little more money.

for backups look at cazorla, hes good at many things fast and have a low release clouse

Thanks for the replies i have sold forlan for 19 mill and bought huntelarr, rafinha and jean makoum II. I now need another right back any ideas? Also is it worth buying van der vart when i have simao,reyes, and maxi. I also need a cheap target man is there anyone available for cheap or a older player on loan?

19 mill is good for forlan, hes old and inconcistant

vdv is one of the best players in the game and always worth buying hehe

why u need a targetman when u have huntelaar and aguero up front with an superb attacking midfield behind?

as right back just get some young player play back up or get an cheap veteran from the transferlist.

Maxi, Luis Garcia, and Reyes can all player striker if needed. Mista, however, sucks, but I don't really think you need a target striker anyway. Promote Adams and use him as a back-up and you can use Braulio when he returns from loan. To be honest, I can't really think of a cheap target striker who is the class you are looking for. Check in the reserves of the EPL and see if Crouch or someone isn't playing and would come on loan.

I don't think you need another right back unless you've sold both Seitaridis and Valera. If you did, Michel Salgado is usually available for very little from Real Madrid. He's aging but should do a good job.

Uhh, none of the coaches are what you want (7 stars) except for maybe 1 or 2. Eventually, you'll want to sack all of them, just wait until you have a lot of $ to afford all the compensation. And yes, download a training schedule or make your own if you want your players to progress to their peak more quickly.

making your own is best way to learn and to make players advance. also notice players over 21 veryseldom increase in psysical stats so train them more before 21. after 21 u just burn training time on them.

get 7 star coaches and smack your "b" team with talent. that way your younger players will play in segunda division insteed of some crappy u-18/20 team, players will improve very fast and u dont need to loan em out exept the top quality players u dont have room for later on.

im back on my ath.madrid save after a long way off : D so this what ive done

1st season: 4th

2nd season: 8th ( bad year iknow!! )

3rd season: 3rd

4th season : then 4th again lol

im currentley 3rd after 10games of 5th season my team is :

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=teameo5.jpg

and transfers from this year are :

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersik5.jpg

i didnt want to let the two kids go ramsey and baston but they wouldnt sign new contracts :(

ive won uefa cup and the spanish cup :) aswell as to euro vase's but i dont think they really count i sold Van der vaart for 40million to roma and you can see i sold saivet to barcelona on the transfers .. only selling players if i can make a big profit and looking to finish top two this season :)

After 7 seasons at Arsenal, winning 3 titles and 27 cups (including 4 Champions Leagues) I resigned and signed for Atletico. My board aim is to get European qualification, which I think my team are quite capable of doing. I'm really looking forward to the next few years as Atletico boss

I'm coming to the end of my first season and have the option of signing zaccardo (palmero) and ujfalusi (fiorentina) for free is it worth it? My current defense is pernia/lopez pablo,samba and rafinha with all the original defenders as backup except ze castro who i am trying to sell. Also who is better raul albiol or zapata? Also can someone tell me of any more players like albiol and nihat who have low buy-out clauses. Thanks.

Update time on my team, going into the 3rd season. I won the League with 102 pts and Barca finished with 95. I did the domestic double over Barca so that was basically the difference between the teams. Unfortunately, I lost the Spanish Cup final to Barca and was eliminated from the CL thanks to Valencia. My defense was rock solid and every non-goalie on my team scored at least one goal.

Here's my squad, right before the Super Cup against Barca:

GK: Leo Franco- rarely makes mistakes, shows up for big (vs. Barca) matches!

Chris Kirkland- new signing on a free

Frank Rost- new signing on a free

DL: Antonio Lopez- supurb attacking fullback

Pernia- I love this guy, he's aging but still gets the job done defensively and literally makes 75% of his free kicks. I think he scored 7 goals last season.

DC: Raul Albiol- started slowly, but was splendid for the last half of the year

Pasanen- fine backup

DC: Felipe- new signing

Veloso- new signing

DR: Rafinha- solid

Seitaridis- fine

ML: Luis Garcia- Still maintains his starting job at 31 thanks to great performances. I don't know how he does it because his stats are pretty poor.

Daniel Carvalho- good rotation player, I expect him to keep improving

MC: Makoun- terrific!

Kroos- somehow managed to lead the league in assists despite playing in only half the games

MC: Reyes- creative force of my offense, unfortunately he tires quickly

Motta- good enough, will see less time now because of addition of Veloso

MR: Maxi (captain)- consistently inspirational performances, no longer is unhappy either

Simao- a lot better than the first season

Gouffran- inconsistent

FC: Aguero- ugh. He was injured at the beginnng for 3 months and was pretty suck when he came back. He averaged below a 7 and only scored 9 goals. I think he was pretty unlucky though, he had more SOT than Forlan, but Forlan had more than twice the number of goals.

Braulio- good sub/backup, I don't think you all should sell him immediately when he returns from loan, wait for a good offer

FC: Forlan- I was thinking of selling him, but he keeps getting the goals! Scored 4 against Real Madrid too.

Saviola- new signing, was transfer-listed. Unfortunately, my fans don't like the signing

Who's gone:

Pablo- sold to Real Madrid for $38 million

Perea- sold to Valencia for $10 million (unhappy and aging)

Adams- on loan

Who isn't gone but better be soon:

Mista!!!!! grrr...

• 1 month later...
Interested in starting a game with Atletico any suggestions on who to sell? have a tactic am gonna play a 4-1-2-2-1 thanks

Hi lfc7,

well, it's up to you but definiately Cleber Santana, Fabio Eller and Mista.

I sold also Forlan, Reyes and Simao. Unfortunately Arsenal activated Maxi Rodriguez release clause with a bid of 16M and he signed for them.

Definiately keep Lopez, Pablo, Raul Garcia, Camacho, Atienza, Leo Franco and obviously Aguero.

You should look for right back as i found Seitaridis and Valera inconsistent and error prone.

Do you plan to use wingers ?

End of Season 1

League-finished 2nd went down to last game was 2 pts behind Real Madrid

09222008021923yd8.png

Champions League-got to knockout stages went out to AC Milan on away goals 4-4

09222008022015if2.png

Copa Del Roy-went out in 5th round to rivals Espanyol

09222008022339sz0.png

Transfers In/Out

09222008022244nc6.png

Overall didnt win anything but not a bad season i was very happy with the signings of Rosicky,Defour,Fernandez and Rodriguez.

Didnt think i would get in to this game but am really impressed its gonna take some shifting Real Madrid i only lost 2 league games last season and madrid didnt lose any yet 2pts seperated us.

Archived