FM 2008: Welcome to Vicente Calderón - Home of Atlético Madrid!

manu legend

Nicely done lfc7 :)

Seems like 2nd season started brillant hehe, great win against Barca, demolition i'd say :D

Im starting again today cos my save went broken ;/ Was in 3rd season with nice squad but gotta do all the stuff again ;/

How's Camacho and Pichu Atienza developing for you ?

How many goals Aguero scored 1st season ?

Good signings as well, im gonna buy only the young talents again and watch their progress ;)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well basically did this game a few months ago and I have just decided to come back to it and I might as well update you on how I'm doing and what you guys think I can do to improve.

I took a few too many screenshots so you can see them all here: Album Guest Password= atletico

Basically I won the league first season with ease, with me also picking up the Uefa cup and Spanish Cup as well. Seemed to have a run of playing French teams in Europe, with me having the French national manager at all of them and while he may not have seen much of the other teams players it gave my CB a chance to become a fully fledged Starter for France (Armand) with him going from 0 caps too 11 and 2 goals.

Group Stage Atleti 5:1 Bordeaux

1st Knockout Atleti 5:0 FC Sochaux

2nd Knockout Atleti 5: 1 Stade Rennais FC

SMF Atleti 8:0 Marseille

Also a very good season for Forlan, Aguero and Maxi Rodriguez with:

Aguero 51 Goals 21 Assists 18 MOM and Numerous Awards (from midfield)

Forlan 27 Goals 12 Assists 5 MOM with only 32 starts (out of something like 60)

Maxi 42 Goals 21 Assists 14 MOM and Numerous Awards (From midfield)

Hoping to buy Torres at some point as he is someone who should at the club and so any strikers are only here for maybe one or two seasons.

Anyway all the information is in the screenshots and would like some information on best tactic to use with squad or players i could bring in to improve it or any other suggestions. Also if any specific info is required I will provide it.

How's Camacho and Pichu Atienza developing for you ?

How many goals Aguero scored 1st season ?

If them questions were for me loki20

09222008235502jj7.png

Aguero was injured for about 5 months of the season so not too bad

09222008235615ma3.png

09222008235741mc3.png

Gonna be looking on bringing a few yth in to the 1st team next season assistant manager says Camacho is gonna be a leading player in the future and Pichu Atienza will be a good one

I feel like crying really enjoying this save then boom crash dumps cant load my saved game i want to smash my computer up but cant cause i wont be able to play FM09 lol.

Ive never really had a game with Real or Barca so gonna give one of them a go or Valencia cant decide tho will defo start a game with Atletico on FM09

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys..

Started my first game with Atletico... maybe my last before FM 2009 comes out. so decided to make a lot of changes.

OUT:

forlan: 20m to tottenham

Maxi: 20m to Chelsea. ( 4m more than transfer clause :D )

Ze Castro : 7m to Newcastle

and lots of other useless players.

IN:

Menez : 12.5m

Barzagli: 12m

Zaccardo: 11.5m

Samba: 1.5m

Song: loan

comments and suggestions welcome!!!

Started with Atletico from a savegame just after I finished my first season with them on 8.0.2. Came 4th in that season and won the UEFA cup, but it's very hard to hang on to my players. Already lost Maxi on a free to ManUtd. Chairman sold Aguero for 59M euros, and I got offers for Forlan (25M) and R. Garcia (35M) I couldn't refuse...

Will keep Pablo, A. Lopez and Leo Franco, but it'll take the better part of the transfer window to rebuild my squad. Hopefully the team will gel quickly.

It's been a very busy transfer window between the first and second season, especially since I already lost Maxi and my chairman found 59M euros too good an offer to refuse for Aguero, who I really was hoping to keep.

Transfers out

Maxi free (ManUtd)

Ze Castro 7,5M (Man City)

Cleber Santana 3,8M (Villareal)

R. Garcia 35M (Valencia)

Forlan 25M (Inter)

Aguero 59M (Juve)

Transfers in

Aquilani 16M

Chretien 6,25M

Coloccini 8,75M

Cavani 22M

Palacio 21M

Costil 3,1M

L. Jimenez 5M

Flamini 11,25M

Miguel Veloso 25,5M

Adriano 15M (Inter)

Total in: 134M

Total out: 130M (all in euros)

All in all only spend 4M on transfers, although the combined signing on fees for the transfers will probably be quite a hefty sum. Right now I'm playing a 4-3-3 with a frontline of Palacio - Adriano - Simao. Won the Super cup 3-2 against Barca, but lost the European Super cup 0-2 to them. Played 6 games in La Liga, sitting top, one point above Valencia and Zaragoza. So far, so good.

• 1 month later...

So i started the second season with a transfer budget of 32 mil euros:

Players out:

Leo Franco - free ( i didn't pay attention to him and i lost him he went to Valencia

Bernabe Angel -went to CSKA Sofia for 800k euros

Paulo Assuncao - went to Betis for 3.6 mil euros

Juan Valera - went to Recreativo for 2.3 mil euros

Tomas Ujfalusi - went to juventus for 6 mil euros

Luis Perea - went to Atalanta for 3.6 mil euros

Gregory Coupet - went to LOSC Lille Metrople 1.4 mil euro

Jose Manuel Jurado - went Hoffenheim for 2.5 mil euros

Players in:

Van er Vaart - from Real Madrid for 4 mil euro

Barzagli - from Wolfsburg for 12.5 mil euro

Mario Balotelli - from Inter for 18 mil euro

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - from Fiorentina for 15 mil euro

What do u guys think?

i won the ECC cup on penalties against AC Milan.

Archived