FM 2008: Welcome to Vicente Calderón - Home of Atlético Madrid!

manu legend

Mike you can make quite a bit of money getting rid of the dead weight in the squad that you know are good but aren't good enough for your starting team, Mista for instance you can get nearly 10M for him but he is not as good as Aguero, Forlan, Reyes or Maxi(if you play him up front)

Basically just need to build a solid defence as you have 2 of the best attackers in the game and a couple of players with great potential.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on where you say you finish anything up to 10M i think.

They have a very good team on paper with the best players being:

Aguero

Maxi Lopez

Raul Garcia

Simao(assist God)

They have a ridiculous amount of forwards/AMs so you might want to offload a few. A DM and some defenders are the priority. I bought Ferriera for DR and Samba as DC to help out in defnce and Makoun for DM.

Hi, Feedback please.

In January transfer window of first season. Am top of La Liga by 3 points on Barcelona and Real who are joint. I have Won all Games except a Draw away to Barca and a lose away to Real, Easily qualified in Euro cup with a group containing Liverpool, Lokomotiv Moscow, Toulouse and Rangers. and through to 5th round in cup

Most Notible Transfer activity

Brought-

Paolo Ferreira 1.6mill

Vincent Kompany 7.75mill

Luka Modric 6.75mill + 50% Sell on clause

Pablo Piatti - 200K

Out

Ze Castro - 4.5mill

Seiteridis - 3.5mill

Santana (sp) - 4mill

Current Playing Squad

Leo Franco

Ferreira Pablo Kompany Lopez

Simao/rodriguez Motta Garcia/Modric Garcia/Piatti

Reyes/ Forlan Aguero / Mista

I have no money left and the club is -4mill in balance. For some reason theclub doesn't generate money so far. I am requesting feeder teams as i want to get one which generates money. I cut out a lot of crappy backroom staff 6 physio's i had so i saved some money there. I have 50k free in wage budget.

How much on average do we get for 2nd season as long as we get Champs league and decent cup runs????

Also cna anyone think of improvement area's obviously defence is an area but i am performing well and don't want to upset the balance too much. But please i like feedback and will take all onboard.

Originally posted by CraigGore:

Hi, Feedback please.

In January transfer window of first season. Am top of La Liga by 3 points on Barcelona and Real who are joint. I have Won all Games except a Draw away to Barca and a lose away to Real, Easily qualified in Euro cup with a group containing Liverpool, Lokomotiv Moscow, Toulouse and Rangers. and through to 5th round in cup

Most Notible Transfer activity

Brought-

Paolo Ferreira 1.6mill

Vincent Kompany 7.75mill

Luka Modric 6.75mill + 50% Sell on clause

Pablo Piatti - 200K

Out

Ze Castro - 4.5mill

Seiteridis - 3.5mill

Santana (sp) - 4mill

Current Playing Squad

Leo Franco

Ferreira Pablo Kompany Lopez

Simao/rodriguez Motta Garcia/Modric Garcia/Piatti

Reyes/ Forlan Aguero / Mista

I have no money left and the club is -4mill in balance. For some reason theclub doesn't generate money so far. I am requesting feeder teams as i want to get one which generates money. I cut out a lot of crappy backroom staff 6 physio's i had so i saved some money there. I have 50k free in wage budget.

How much on average do we get for 2nd season as long as we get Champs league and decent cup runs????

Also cna anyone think of improvement area's obviously defence is an area but i am performing well and don't want to upset the balance too much. But please i like feedback and will take all onboard.

i won everything and got about 30-35 mil...depends how much is in your bank. they tend to give you everything e.g there was 35 mil in bank start of 3rd season so they gave me 35. bought reyes for 35 mil then made money off tv rights and so on then had 18 mil in bank so now i have 26mil extra to spend.

my advice is buy a star for the champions league then dont spend much till next season and if you win it you will get more money. i bought a lot of players and get the same every year. try and get players on frees as well. i have only managed 1 and that was pique who was an instant replacement for pablo who left for 17 mil. if you haven't already get sakho because he is awesome

Cor, Atletico have some poor coaches. Going to have to get rid of most of them. This will cost money. Still on day one. I take ages on day one. Looks like I need two central defenders and two defensive midfielders.

Decided to start a new game with ATHLETICO! see if i cant end the R*@l monopoly of the country's capital. Not a bad squad iv inherited, which i did'nt expect (take out the big names, Aguero, Pablo, Rodriquez etc), definately room for improvement long term tho. Coaches, Oh dear! a few worth keeping but iv had to bin most of them, so i now have a toilored back room set-up i can work with. LOOK OUT R*@L WE ARE GUNNING FOR YOUR THRONE!!!!

Players out so far :-

Abbiatti - Terminated his loan

Ze Castro - Villa, £8 million

Done deals so far :-

Mario holek - 3.5 mil

Falcao - 2.5

Buonanotte - 1.0

Piatti - 1.0

Sakho - 525k

Felipe - 7.0

Schafer - 400k

Franco

Perea Felipe Sakho

Buononotte Holek

Rodriguez Simao

Garcia

Aguero Falcao

I wouldn't have sold Ze Castro first season. Sakho and the others you signed won't be good enough to challenge in la liga for a couple of seasons, If you are playing someone up front with Aguero I would still play Forlan or even Mista both natural finishers.

About to hit August first season and I'm still in great need for a new centre back and at least one defensive midfielder.

Has anyone else had this? I load up my own shortlist. One of the players is jean ii makoun who in the next few days I was going to bid for. Then to my astonishment I see that he now plays for Bayern Munich. It seems that because he wasn't on my 'defualt' shortlist it will not come up on your news that a player you are interested in is wanted by another club. It really annoyed me as I'm back to square one for who to buy as I'm in desperate need for a DM.

So far this is how I see my team. Anyone who can help fill in the ? marks will be appreciated.

Using Kimz tactic.

Leo Franco

? Samba ? Antonio Lopez

DM Jeremy Mathieu (Succesful buy?)

Maxi Rodriguez Aguero Reyes

Forlan

I have about £12 million to spend. Not much and no one wants my players. My coaches are poor too.

Just started a game. I've signed Hamsik(10mill), Makelele(0.6mill), Delpierre (3.6mill) and Samba(1.2mill) aswell as various youngsters.

I've made my own 4-4-2 and my idea was to have Simao and L Garcia on the wings, both of them interchanging and Maxi in MCa with a MCd either Makelele, Hamsik or Motta. Maxi interchanges with Aguero in FCd. I play Forlan in the FCa role as a targetman but without the box ticked.

Delpierre and Samba are my best DCs but Pablo has pretty good stats and Pernia is just mentally fast for a DC.

Few questions,

Do you think these tactics will be any good?

What would my best defense be?

Is my defensive good enough to play offside?

Do you think retraining Pernia to DR would be a good idea? He's fast and has good defensive stats and I have no cover there.

Any other signings???

Have i made any poor signings?

Chasjs - I would be playing Samba as he is quality, You didn't really need Cavani but he will be better than Forlan in a season or so, so I would get rid of Mista if possible. I played with an AMR(arrow to ST) an AMC(playmaker) and an AML(arrow to ST), the players you have(Simao,Luis Garcia,Reyes,Maxi, Aguero) can all play all 3 so it worked well with rotation. I then used 1 up front (You could rotate Cavani/Forlan/Aguero) and and 2 MCs. I found it easier to play with 3 AMs but you might find it easier to play with 2 STs if you want Aguero up front with Cavani/Forlan.

Yeah, thanks for the input, think I'll carry no with my own tactics since they've been good in pre-season, just tweaking a few thinks every now and again.

I did consider tactics similar to that though but I dislike 1 upfront really.

Although I'm really glad I signed Cavani now as Reyes has just got injured for 4 months...

Mista's on the transfer list in he reserves... don't rate him really but can't find an interested party.

Managed to sell De Castro for 4million.

I haven't played FM for so long as I got frustrated everytime I did, but I think I have finally found in Atletico a team that I can enjoy being as it's not a major disappointment when I lose, not that that has happend yet.

I'm 24 games into season 1 (league and cup) with a record of won 21 drawn 3 my best start on the game by a long way.

I've bought in 3 players Matias Fernandez and Andreas Barazagli both of whom have slotted into the first 11 with ease and Claudio Malandonoa (sp) who is joining in January. I have also sold maxi Rodriguez to Arsenal for £13.5

My current XI is

GK - Leo Franco

RB - Seiteridas

LB - Lopez

CB - Barazagli

CB - Pablo

DMC - Motta

ML - Simao

MR - Reyes

AMC - Aguero

AMC - Fernandez

FC - Forlan

I usually have bench of

Abbiati, L. Garcia, R. Garcia, Perea, Mista, Maniche, Ze Castro.

Forlan and Aguero have been on fire each with two hattricks and 15 goals a piece, fernandez has weighed in with 10 and a massive 19 assists. I have also found bring on Luis Garcia up top in the last 10 mins pays off as he has scored 5 goals in the last 5 minutes to win 5 matches.

If all goes well and I finish on top of La liga how much money do you usually get second season as I would like to bring in Carlos Vela and and new Goalkeeper possibly Marcelo Grohe or Hugo Lloris.

sorry to have rambled on so much it's just good to be enjoying the game finally.

I'm not on patch 8.02 no I'm on 8.01.

I sold Maxi because he wanted to leave and I don't use players who don't want to play for the club as I feel it disrupts the team, that and I feel the Simao and Reyes are more than adequate on the wings.

Small update on how things are going.

Mid January

Team Performance:

Still top of La Liga 13 points ahead of Barcelona with a record of:

Played: 19 Won: 16 Drawn: 3 Lost 0 For 46 Against 16 Points 51

I am also unbeaten in both the UEFA cup and Spanish Cup (in which I play my reserve squad)

In the last month I have won the Madrid derby 4-1 at home which is a great result for us.

Transfers:

I've done a little wheeling and dealing on this front, having been given an additional £8m by the board.

Out:

Mista £9m + clauses - Inter

Eller £2m - Osasuna

Falcon £1.5m + clauses - Zaragoza

Edu Velle £180k - Recreativo

Pernia - £1.4m Racing

In:

Marcelo Grohe - £3.2m

Emiliano Insuia - £5.6m + clauses

Individual Performance:

Top Scorers:

Diego Forlan 25

Sergio Aguero 20

Matias Fernandez 12

Luis Garcia 10

Top Ratings:

Diego Forlan 7.62

Jose Antonio Reyes 7.58

Sergio Aguero 7.50

Andrea Barazagli 7.48

Anyways, I've decided to use what I've learnt to start a new game, this time I got my coaches sorted out straight away and still not sure on tactics.

Either going to use:

3-4-1-2

4-4-2 Diamond with wingers

Christmas tree with a DM

4-2-3-1 with wingers

Or the 4-4-2 from my last game

Currently testing them in preSeason

neededdym8.png

recently took the job in an online game with my bro who is at Barcelona.

Decided to bring in my loved ones with Arsenals Pires, Walcott and Barazite.

Now I won 2-1 in the opener against Valloadiad playing a 4-4-2.

neededdwk8.png

I have around 14 million left and there is a week of the market left so any recommended players in recommended positions would be very much appreciated.

all advice welcome icon_confused.gif

I would play one of strikers in AMC for a start, that fromation has no defence in the midfied.

I would get a MC to replace Barazite as he won't be good enough first season look at Makoun, De Jong or other adaptable DMs as one of your MCs needs to tackle. Also a new DC as Tudor is really slow look at Samba.

I need...

Two defensive midfielders and two very good centre backs, Samba and one other.

Haven't got a great deal to spend.

Atletico have poor coaches so to get 6/7 stars I'll need to release them, agree?

Also, the amount of dead wood in the B and C teams is in the extreme. Taking me over an hour to release all of them.

I would say 1 DM, Motta isn't bad cover and RAul Garcia is a better MC than AMC so you have a good midfield to start with for your DM look at De Jong, Makoun or Hamsik. If you get Samba you will have him and Pablo first choice and Ze Castro and Perea as back up you probably only need one, but cover at right back is important.

Get Ferraira on loan from Chelsea

Delpirre is a pretty good DC and a steel at 2.9million upwards.

As for DMs, I can't add anything else, the ones mentioned above is about right. Veleso is only a dream1st season. Maybe get him 2nd season and buy Makelele for about 600k in the short term.

ok guys thanks for advice, Aguero was injured so Reyes played. Now I have Forlan/Maxi/Reyes/Stancu up front with Aguero playing at attacking midfield.

Then Walcott is playing reguarly and doing very well for me as well as Simao on the left wing. ALthough I have cover in Pires who has been mediocre.

In defense Tudor has been sensational with

ok guys thanks for advice, Aguero was injured so Reyes played. Now I have Forlan/Maxi/Reyes/Stancu up front with Aguero playing at attacking midfield.

Then Walcott is playing reguarly and doing very well for me as well as Simao on the left wing. ALthough I have cover in Pires who has been mediocre.

In defense Tudor has been sensational with Pablo both in the middle and then Perea is playing right back and Lopez on the left.

Defensive mid is Raul Garcia who is doing also very well. I am in second after only about 15 games, losing 4-1 to Barca and 6-3 to Real Madrid which shows I am too weak. I play a 4-4-2 against the big sides whichh failed and I know I need to strenghten my squad with maybe a right back and a SOLID defensive mid

I am also think I need a goal machine Aguero is being a dickhead. He wants to leave the club and all he does is whinge. Im gonna sell him I think, What do you guys normally do?

My thought is i can never buy a pplayer that good again for many years???

Barzite is abosolutely USELESS he gets 5/6 every game and never does antything. I have been told he can do well in first season for the prem, what is his problem, im about to kill the loan.

IN DECEMBER TRANSFER SOON (WHEN DOES IT START)

lookking to

Sell

Motta

Mista

Forlan

Buy

Goal Machine icon_smile.gif

Right Back

Defensive MIdfielder

ANY TIPS

neededdld8.png

with the coaches i did mutual termination and now it looks like this

neededdbu2.png

also this is what happened in the market

OUT

Forlan - 11.25 Million

Barazite - terminated loan

IN

Riquelme - 10Million (5 goals in 2 games

Rivaldo - 300K (old but sensational as always icon_razz.gif)

Makelele - 2 million thanks for recomendation

Fabio Aurelio - 2.7 million

not bad still second and in the uefa and spanish FA CUP and 5 points behind Real after 18 games

Just started a new game I have £15.5 million to spend reckon I need a new DM and a new CB. What positions need strengthening the most? Just put a bid in for Gareth Barry I am playing a 4-4-1-1 he would make a good CM. Any ideas people?

So after resigning from Man United after winning every trophy multiple times in a few seasons, I rejected job offers from Milan, Fiorentina, Cameroon and Liverpool. I also resigned from my World-Cup winning Argentina squad.

I then saw an interesting Job offer: Sven Goran Erikksson had just been sacked from 19th placed Atletico Madrid.

They wanted me to win the First Division by the end of a two-year plan... Interesting and challenging, so I took the job. Now I'm in Feburary (Joined in October 2010) 2011 and I'm placed 2nd in the league after beating Barcelona 5-2 at home.

atleticosquad2011ly3.th.jpg

^^My squad^^

Any suggestions? I've got just over 10m to spend.

I should point out my signings during the January 2011 window:

Gourcuff - Man United - 4.5m (I signed him with Man United but the new coach didn't like him quite clearly)

Zarate - 8.5m

Lambo - 1.5m

Kacar - 14.75m

Currency in Euro.

atleticotable2011tz6.th.jpg

WOW! Same season as we were 19th when I joined, we're second, equal on points with Madrid, just a few goals behind on goal difference. Also in the UEFA Cup Final.

I'm selling Reyes for 28m to Arsenal at the end of the season, he is still annoyed that I dumped him as captain.

Any recommendations for defence? I'm going to try for Ustari during the summer. Also, I could get Hildebrand for around 8m, worth it in 2011?

Leo Franco is average at the moment, hasn't been great all season. We're scoring loads, but conceding too many. Maybe I'm spoiled, but at Man United, I conceded 15 goals in the league all season.

The club is in a serious state financially, the club took 10m of my 14m transfer budget to pay SOME of the debt.

On a side note, doesn't this regen look a bit too good to be true?

morapm2.th.jpg

Come on guys is anyone still playing?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived