How To Play FM07: Tactical Design and Management Strategy

Above what I wrote is wrong story. I again reload.

my team is middlesbrough and opposition team is wigun.

In away match, their formation is 4-4-2 short farrow, so I choose Attack tactic.

As soon as my team first goal, they change tactic to 4-4-2 long farrow. So I change my tactic to counter.

Strangely My possession and pass percentage is falling low and finally wigun goal.

Their formation is as 4-4-2 long farrow as ever. so I change Possession tactic. But.. wigun again goal. 2:1 I lose..

I dont know what my wrong is. Can anyone advise me?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2ndchance:

Easy win method.

Use Control tactic against defensive tactics(no arrows).

Use Counter tactic against normal tactics(short arrows/farrows).

Use Defend tactic against attacking tactics(long arrows/farrows).

I'm 2nd after 9 games with West Ham, W 6 D 2 L 1

Just beat Arsenal 2-1 away with the defend tactic against their 442 long farrows!. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what tacic do you manage agains 4-1(DMC)-2-2-1(chelsea style)/4-1(DMC)-4-1/4-4-2(diamond)/4-2(MCs)-3-1 etc...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by welshwebwizard:

In my experience DO NOT set tight marking for defenders. Otherwise the opposition will tear you a new rear-end hole. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, if other settings are wrong. However, with a deepish d-line, narrow width, low CD and easy tackling, tight marking works exceptionally well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">True, if other settings are wrong. However, with a deepish d-line, narrow width, low CD and easy tackling, tight marking works exceptionally well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with wwfan, the more deep and defensive the formation the more useful tight marking becomes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leroy1883:

I agree with wwfan, the more deep and defensive the formation the more useful tight marking becomes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not in my experience

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

Aye, less space available for Mr.Striker-with-no-skill to turn past your world class centre halves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by welshwebwizard:

In my experience DO NOT set tight marking for defenders. Otherwise the opposition will tear you a new rear-end hole. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, if other settings are wrong. However, with a deepish d-line, narrow width, low CD and easy tackling, tight marking works exceptionally well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point there icon14.gif

portsmouth(me) vs tottenham

First, their tactic is 4-3-3(1DMC farrow from two AMRL)

I choose Attack tactic. I first goal(1-0). But they goal(1-1) and again I goal(2-1)

they change 4-4-2 long farrow tactic. So I change Counter tactic. But I conceed 1 goal(2-2) and finally they goal again (2-3). I lose.

your Counter and Possession tactic is maybe something wrong

wwfan,

Great post as usual - a really helpful thread. I'm finally enjoying FM again! icon_smile.gif I have a few questions:

Is there much of a difference in tactical approach between this latest 'play' set of tactics and your previous 'TTF RoT 4-4-2' tactics? If so, which set do you favour and why?

In this current set of 'play' tactics, I notice that both forwards have 'hold up ball' ticked and one has a 'free role' ticked. Would you put a target man (whether the traditional target man or a come deep and then run with it) on the left or the right? And consequently which side would you put your best finisher on?

Thank you for all your time and effort, it's appreciated.

@ jascko: Thanks, I think icon_wink.gif

@ sannyasin: One match does not a season make. As previously explained, picking the right tactic is best seen by watching your passing/possession percentages. If, once you wnet to counter, they were getting worse, then you should try one of the others. If you have most of the ball you are difficult to score against.

@bob123456: There's a little difference. This set is generally for higher level sides, whereas the RoT sets were designed originally for LLM. There is much more CF, free roles and reliance on players making good decisions in the Play FM sets.

I no longer employ a TM but would refer you to this thread if you wish to experiment with one. My finisher is always my FCR.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

@bob123456: There's a little difference. This set is generally for higher level sides, whereas the RoT sets were designed originally for LLM. There is much more CF, free roles and reliance on players making good decisions in the Play FM sets.

I no longer employ a TM but would refer you to this thread if you wish to experiment with one. My finisher is always my FCR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for such a quick response wwfan. I'm Sunderland in the Championship first season so I think I'll start by adapting your RoT sets first and see how I go. Maybe when I get bet players 2nd season I'll try to adapt this new set.

Target man wise, I think ideally the plan will be to rotate between Eddie Johnson and José Soza - with supply 'to head/run on to the ball' and 'to feet/run on to the ball', respectively. I'll read your target man thread, if it's as well written and engaging as this thread it will be very useful.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Just wanted to add my thanks to wwfan for these tactics! They’ve made a massive difference to me. After all but giving up on the game due to my ineptness, I’ve been trying them out with my real life team West Brom and am top of the league approaching Christmas. Given my previous FM07 experiences this is something approaching a miracle. My god that Counter tactic works well! icon_smile.gif Switching to Extended rather than Key Highlights is a great tip too – really useful in understanding why things happen. It’s like a completely different game!

Thanks also for the tip to use hard tackling in attacking formations and easy in defending. Not something I’ve ever considered but it makes total sense thinking about it and is *extremely* effective. I shall be using it in every future FM game ever! Cheers! icon14.gif

But whilst this tactic set is great, it would have been nice if those of us who struggle with tactics could have had reasonably effective defaults to begin with, how much happier would a lot of people have been then? I used to love the old games where you could look at a squad and choose a tactic you felt would best suit them, be it 433, 352 whatever. Now even with this guide I feel I’ve got to choose 4-4-2 and build a team around that, and that’s not really how I want to play the game.

One last point. I was wondering whether anyone else thinks that the defaults set Creative Freedom too high? If the defaults had lower CF to begin with, teams would be more likely to do what the manager is asking and you could then raise it for your more creative players if need be? But it might initially be a big help for the less tactically astute gamers who get frustrated that their players aren’t doing what they’re asking but who don’t think to alter this? I say all this because of how successful the Counter and Defensive tactics have been for me with lower CF as default.

Before I launch into what will seem like a rant, thanks for all the hard work on the tactics, wwfan.

Ahem...

Jesus this set of tactics makes me laugh sometimes. The amount of games where I've gone up 2-0, been pulled back to 2-2 in the final 10 minutes, then pulled ahead again for the 3-2 win or conceeded again for 2-3 loss is freaky. The set as a whole produces some fine attacking football, but in the final stanzas I can't for the life of me get it to hold out opposition attacks that had seemed so feeble for the previous 80 minutes.

Any ideas on a remedy for this would be much appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bob123456:

I no longer employ a TM but would refer you to this thread if you wish to experiment with one. My finisher is always my FCR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for such a quick response wwfan. I'm Sunderland in the Championship first season so I think I'll start by adapting your RoT sets first and see how I go. Maybe when I get bet players 2nd season I'll try to adapt this new set.

Target man wise, I think ideally the plan will be to rotate between Eddie Johnson and José Soza - with supply 'to head/run on to the ball' and 'to feet/run on to the ball', respectively. I'll read your target man thread, if it's as well written and engaging as this thread it will be very useful.

Thanks again for your time and effort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi wwfan, sorry about the double post but I'm really enjoying this and starting to get into it and thinking tactically for a change icon_smile.gif I have a couple of questions if I may?

I'm playing with Sunderland in my first season. Do you consider Sunderland to be good enough to use the Play FM style tactics or do you think I should go with your RoT style tactics? As I said (above) I think I'll try the RoT tactics to start with and if my players have a improved any by January or when I get to the Prem, I'll consider using the Play FM style. Although having said that, whilst not having great players with high decision making to make the Play FM style work, odds wise, and relative to a lot of other teams in the Championship, Sunderland are one of the top teams, so I'm in two minds really which set to use?

Secondly, as you said you have your best finisher as the FCR - did you mean in the RoT style tactics, the Play FM tactics, or both?

Thirdly, I've got an issue re using a mobile creative dribbling Jose Sosa style target man. I've read your target man thread and thought it was really really useful and well put together, so assume I'll be setting the creative target man as you suggest.

The issue I have is linked to (in your RoT 4-4-2 style tactics) having your best finisher on the opposite side to the traditional good in the air target man and the good in the air winger. When the traditional good in he air target man is used with the good in the air winger, then they win lots of headers at the far post which is great icon_smile.gificon14.gif However, if I was to use a Sosa style creative comes deep target man then obviously he wouldn't win many headers at the far post.

Now, as far as I can see, there would be no problem at all if your wonderful creative dribbling FC was also your best finisher. As you could simply keep him in the 'best finisher slot' i.e. the FCR. However, (hopefully) Jose Sosa will not be my best finisher, and thus I'm presented with a problem.

So, would you:

(a) just accept the fact that even though the creative target man will not be winning many headers at the far post, the winger still will be and you get the benefits of him running with it and doing lots of (hopefully) wonderful things, and you've still got your best finisher in the correct position (i.e. FCR)?

or

(b) re-config it in someway? If so, how would you do this and why? I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to jiggle this around, I've been staring at the screen for about half and hour...lol. Note, I'm not asking necessarily how to configure the creative target man's individual instructions as you deal with this expertly in your thread.

Thank you so much for reading all the way down to here, your advice is respected and appreciated.

Cheers.

@ ghoulies & sannyasin: It will be either

a: not being quite good enough for the divisdional level

b: poor teamtalks/man-management

c: reading the match badly and failing to adapt tactically.

I would suggest a combination of b and c (which you can do something about). If it is a you just have to buy new players. I suggest reading this to help with man-management issues. To read the game better try this. A mores simple method is to pay close attention to passing/possession percentages.

@ JohMil: Thanks. If counter starts to fail it is because you are getting shorter odds. You will then have to use the more expansive tactics. Shouldn't be a problem in the Championship though.

@ bob123456: I would be far more likely to try 'to feet' to a creative target man (if he is short). Otherwise I would probably not use one as it may well limit the team, especially if you are dominant player for player. Our thinking has always been 'TM with less good sides', 'PM with better ones', so you may try experimenting with a playmaker instead. I always have my best finisher as FCR, no matter which tactics.

As JohnMil is having success with Play FM at West Brom, I would think Sunderland should be fine for the tactics.

Dear wwfan,

I posted this is another topic, but since I am using your tactics, I thought I might also post it her. Thanks by the way, I am enjoying Play, but it is frustrating sometimes.

This is what is happening to me. I have far superior possession and passing %s, but this possession was in my half and in the midfield. They seem to be very tight in front of their goal.

I am hardly dangerous in front of their goal. Most of the time, they are playing very tight and difencively as I won PL last season.

Any ideas on how to become more dangerous.

One final question. the last 10 games, my defence has collapsed. Usually I have to 3 or 4 to win. Mind you, this year I changed my goalie and my two fullback, so it could have something to do with it.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">@ bob123456: I would be far more likely to try 'to feet' to a creative target man (if he is short). Otherwise I would probably not use one as it may well limit the team, especially if you are dominant player for player. Our thinking has always been 'TM with less good sides', 'PM with better ones', so you may try experimenting with a playmaker instead. I always have my best finisher as FCR, no matter which tactics.

As JohnMil is having success with Play FM at West Brom, I would think Sunderland should be fine for the tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks wwfan, if your RoT tactics come unstuck I'll give the Play FM ones a go, but at the moment they look very solid.

So are you suggesting using a playmaker (an MC?) in conjunction with a creative target man set 'to feet'? Or using the creative target man by setting his supply 'to feet' as playmaker?

Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Just downloaded the tactics after reading a lot of your threads wwfan. Is there any mistakes in the tactics you uploaded? Just wondering because a lot of people put up tactics with mistakes in them unintentionaly(sp) and I havent read this thread after I read rule of one and all that. Thanks for the tactics by the way icon14.gif I've never used anybody elses before.

@ Bic: If you are using Control (or the earlier version of it) try deepening the d-line and slowing it down to open up space and contol possession more. You could also try a playmaker at MCL (controlled possession football) or MCR (dangerous balls but less possession).

@ bob123456: I haven't tried the TM/PM combo. I would use TM for weak teams, PM for strong ones. A combo might work very well if you have a lot of players with good decision stats.

@ glory utd: very often (and I don't know why) uploaded tactics can get bugged. If you feel there are any mistakes or weirdnesses I suggest uploading again. Not all the tactics I uploaded are mine, rather a collection of RoT/RoO systems from various FMB contributors. Only the 4-4-2s are mine. I can't comment on nor gurantee the others.

@ ergün: I don't quite understand what you are saying. Can you reword it?

@ bob123456: I haven't tried the TM/PM combo. I would use TM for weak teams, PM for strong ones. A combo might work very well if you have a lot of players with good decision stats.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I right in thinking that if you select a player as a PM but don't tick the use PM option, then (in a similar way to a TM) he will be used as a sort of semi-playmaker? I'd rather go with this to start with (as I have done using Eddie Johnson as a semi-target man set to mixed) as I don't want my team becoming too one dimensional.

As an aside, the average decisions of my first choice 10 outfield players is 12.6, with my two first choice MCs on 16 and 14 - both are potential play makers with the PPMs 'dictates tempo'.

Cheers.

great tactics WWFAN, your control and attack tactic working wonders for me at home and if I play one of the big four at home usually get a result with counter. one thing though, my away form is really poor tried posseision, counter, attck, control and defend and just don't seem to be getting it right. Any help ??

I am Aston Villa, in the 3rd season with a fairly good squad media prediction 6th.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suggest uploading again. Not all the tactics I uploaded are mine, rather a collection of RoT/RoO systems from various FMB contributors. Only the 4-4-2s are mine. I can't comment on nor gurantee the others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wwfan

what is exactly your tactic? 4-4-2 TTF RoO(attack,contro,possession...) or TTF RoO RoT tactic sets(4-4-2,4-3-3,4132,rombus...)

Sorry Can you help out the clueless - Tactic is playing very well but I seem to draw alot. I take the lead e.g against Wigan away... using Poession as Newcastle - They seem to then take control and score - Even if I leave it as it is, go Counter or defend?

Home against Man City - Attack - 2-0 up... they changed nothing nor did I - they won 3-2.

I think it my team what do you think.

Given,

Geremi, Taylor, Ramage, Babayaro

SWPhillips, Emre, Barton, Aidon McCready

Owne, Iverson...

It seems the ball goes up to strikers, and comes straight back each time....Iverson looks ideal for the hold of ball role....Ive not set anyone as Target man?

Overall very pleased with this tactic

Newcastle season 1

p 14 won 8 and im currently 3rd losing 3.

My team are now gelled...

But, Im never happy that I can go 1-0 up and kep a clean sheet.

stats score 2.3 conceed 1.1

I conceed cheap crappy goals all the time?? mostly crosses from their right wing header goal....

I have Moretti (frm Valencia) left back and he aint slow but on occasions has been outpaced cross goal.?? thats was using possession....any advice....

In all games I should have won but for the above cheapness.....

Iverson and Viduka got injured - Eddie Johnson hasn't stopped scoring since what a buy...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Triggerusa:

Sorry Can you help out the clueless - Tactic is playing very well but I seem to draw alot. I take the lead e.g against Wigan away... using Poession as Newcastle - They seem to then take control and score - Even if I leave it as it is, go Counter or defend?

Home against Man City - Attack - 2-0 up... they changed nothing nor did I - they won 3-2.

I think it my team what do you think.

Given,

Geremi, Taylor, Ramage, Babayaro

SWPhillips, Emre, Barton, Aidon McCready

Owne, Iverson...

It seems the ball goes up to strikers, and comes straight back each time....Iverson looks ideal for the hold of ball role....Ive not set anyone as Target man? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sign a better DC than Ramage and a better DL than Babayaro. Don't tick the 'use target man' option, but instead drag Iversen into the target man list. When you score, the AI is likely to change mentality/tactics so as soon as you score you need to have a look at the opposition tactics and then re-evaluate your own. If you just leave your tactic exactly the same, then (whether you can tell or not) the AI will change theres and most likely come back at you. Team talks and media interaction can also help give you the edge: FM Britain

Guest Betamax

Whats going on? Playing as Celtic so I'm heavy faves in nearly all of my games so i've employed the attack mostly.

won my first 6 games easily, went to bed, got back on it this morning and it's gone like this

Anderlecht (h) 0-0

Kilmarnock (h) 1-1

St. Johnson (a) 6-1

Hibernian (a) 1-4

Kobenhavn (a) 0-3

Dundee Utd (a) 1-2

I've had 5% better possession in all games and a better pass completion in all. Had 79% to Anderlechts 56% and lost 3-0.

I'm a bit stumped. I've used these tactics successfully with West Ham, winning the league in my 4th season but as Celtic it's different in that i'm always faves.

I tend to play the odds first, then look at oppos farrows and such like. Is this wrong? should I just play the opposite of what the oppo are using? even though i'm easy faves?

I'm destroying Celtic so any help will be appreciated.

I've found that you can really struggle if you try to use the more attacking variants away, even when you're heavy favourites. I nearly always start away games with counter, no matter who I am and who I'm playing, only changing to defend if the odds are heavily against me and control if I'm really heavy favourites, and I'm talking about only if you're about 1-3 or 1-4 to win.

I was struggling to dominate away games as Arsenal because I presumed that I should use control, and failing that, possession, but I started using counter nearly all the time and started taking teams like Charlton and Portsmouth who lined up with 4-4-2 short farrows to the cleaners. So even though it seems excessively cautious I would predominantly use counter away, only switching if it clearly isn't working or if the odds are so far in your favour that you can use control.

Does anybody play in Spain and use these tactics? After some probs in the beginning they are working pretty well but Barca away is impossible (kinda realistic, I know, but still I'd like to get a result). They play 4231.

I tried defend but was hammered, behind 3-0 after 20 mins. Counter didnt really work either, gave away a silly goal and Messi and Et'o are just impossible to stop. Maybe possesion but surely Barca are the better team (Im Betis, of course). Any thoughts on how to play them and the other top teams in Spain?

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Mentality Home Away

Low High Stronger than Opponent

Farrow/Player M R/L AM R/L F R/L M R/L AM R/L F R/L

14 20 X X

11 17 X X

8 14 X

5 11 X

1 6

Mentality Home Away

Low High Equal to Opponent

14 20 X

11 17 X

8 14 X X

5 11 X

1 6 X

Mentality Home Away

Low High Weaker than Opponent

14 20

11 17 X

8 14 X

5 11 X X

1 6 X X

Using the RoO framework, but losing the control, counter, possession etc. monikers, perhaps lends itself to mapping specific mentalities to a given match situation.

Rashidi and wwfan have both identified that the AI has set behaviours which can usually be determined by the position of the arrows or players in the foremost R/L position. The one contradiction I have found to date is arrows to F R/L, but then the AI plays two DM's, then it is best to treat this as a flat formation due to the lack of attacking players. For clarity:

F R/L = Long farrows or 4-4-2 (4-4-2 is a separate behaviour but can be neutralised in the same way)

AM R/L = Short farrows

M R/L = Flat

The mentality matrix above also rates the team from match odds. I generally assume that if the odds are between 3-1 to 3-2 in favour of the home team, the sides are reasonably evenly matched e.g. equal to opponent.

I know that this approach will not be universally popular, but as a long time fan of the game (from the beginning), this version has been my nemesis in terms of enjoyment and success. Only by resorting to major number crunching am I able to achieve any predictive success, unfortunately the game seems to be getting more like my day job, although I can only applaud SI for continuing to add to the game year-on-year. Its probably about time I grew up and moved onto something else like golf, DIY or gardening any way icon_wink.gif .

Stronger than Opponent

Home - Away

Farrow/Player M R/L AM R/L F R/L - M R/L AM R/L F R/L

Mentality -

14-20 X X -

11-17 X - X

8-14 - X

5-11 - X

1-6

Equal to Opponent

Home - Away

Mentality -

14-20 X -

11-17 X -

8-14 X - X

5-11 - X

1-6 - X

Weaker than Opponent

Home - Away

Mentality -

14-20 -

11-17 X -

8-14 X -

5-11 X - X

1-6 - X X

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Stronger than Opponent

Home - Away

Mentality -

14-20 X X -

11-17 X - X

8-14 - X

5-11 - X

1-6 -

Equal to Opponent

Home - Away

Mentality -

14-20 X -

11-17 X -

8-14 X - X

5-11 - X

1-6 - X

Weaker than Opponent

Home - Away

Mentality -

14-20 -

11-17 X -

8-14 X -

5-11 X - X

1-6 - X X

Apologies. I have made a complete hash of theat. If any body can help me to correct it, that would be appreciated.

The main point I am trying to make, with due deference to wwfan, is that the attack tactic is not always appropriate when faced with a team playing short farrows. The quality of the opposition and the venue also dictate which tactic should be used.

As a secondary point I am suggesting that it may be worth adding a tactic in the 8-14 mentality range e.g. Attack and Control cover the 14-20 Range, Possession is 11-17, Counter is 5-11 and Defends is 1-6 (in my versions). It is as important to understand what the AI is trying to do and counter it e.g. if the AI defends, increase attacking mentality, width, d-line, forward runs etc.

Just played Real Madrid at home. They played their usual def 442 with two def midfielders and MR and ML with no arrow. I played control but lost 2-0, hardly created anything and neither did they. This game makes me wanna destroy things! icon_mad.gif

Hi there, I'm quite new here and I have been trying to catch up with this and other similar threads... I'm just confused about what RoO and RoT stand for? I know it's a silly question!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arauto:

Hi there, I'm quite new here and I have been trying to catch up with this and other similar threads... I'm just confused about what RoO and RoT stand for? I know it's a silly question! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rule of One and Rule of Two I think.

Betamax: Insert Name Here summed up the away problems. I'd be looking at playing Control at home instead of Attack. Celtic are too good in a team by team comparison to be using Attack in the SPL.

Betis DK: Six seasons and six titles plus three CLs and a losing final with a Spanish team. The Barca 4-2-3-1 is a nightmare to pick though. I would probably go with Defend or Counter as Betis but have an itchy trigger finger if they begin to look dangerous.

PAFC: Repost using the Code (</&gticon_wink.gif button. It's too difficult to read as it is.

Defintions

RoO (Rule of One)

RoT (Rule of Two)

aaaarrrrrrhhhhh what is with this game!!!

Although im playing really well I just cannot play without conceeding...Ive kept 4 clean sheets in 26 games.....3-1 Derby, 1-1 West Ham...most cheap goals....

Also, my stikers seem to go through on goal alot and misssssssssss ararrrrr

why? any suggestions - no money

Given

Geremi, Taylor, Rozenmal Morretti

I have Faty.....Why

Just lost 1-0 to Everton home - They played short arrow 4-4-2 I went attacking.

At the end it says (like every game) lost or drew a game they should have won!!!

What did I change -

At the start I went through and changed minor things to suit my team....eg poor crossing, change to none and shooting etc..... nothing relating to mentality.

I played and won 9 on trot.......then I added 'Frankys' training before xmas now Im such crap team.....

Thx for the reply. Ok, got the feeling you were playing in England - the country of the 442 icon_smile.gif

I guess my players might still be settling in to the tactics and I might need better strikers. They seem to miss too much. How would you play against the famous Real Madrid formation with two DM?

Used these tactics with blackburn in a 3 player game.

Finished 4th in 1st season and won the fa cup.

I played control at home possesion away. Counterattack away to the big teams. Attack when behind.

2nd season though different story, about to get knocked out of europe in group stages and in 14th position. I didnt advance the team as much as I should (blackburn are pennyless).

Any ideas how i turn it around or has the ai figured me out? (instead of playing 4 4 2 vs me they now play 4 2 3 . Have i been a victim of my own success?

I have never conceded many goals so I'm not sure as what to advise. Slow it down to keep possession at home, more time-wasting away. The half-time team talk may also have something to do with it.

I rarely talk about training, but I certainly train less intensively than many people here. I train with major intensity pre-season if (and only if) players return form holidays needing match fitness. Very often they return fit due to international commitments. During the season my training regime is very light.

MattUK: You will have been 'reranked' so that your odds have generally shortened. So, in a sense you have been a victim of your own success but the tactics should help you achieve. A little more expansive at home, combinations of things away. Keep an eye on passing/possession percentages. They are the key indicator as to whether you have picked the correct system.

Been playing around with these and I have maybe a little tweak. With the counter tactic, if you're using it as a starting tactic then leave as is but if you're using it to see out a game then I'd definately recommend putting on the first notch of slow and narrow and maybe even put the MC's on the first notch of short as well. Tried it quite a few times with my Reading side and ships goals almost immediately when the AI is attacking looking for a goal.

Archived