FM 2011 Presents: Wacky Wavelberry's World of Woe (A World Journeyman Career)

Wavelberry

Now is the time to embark on a save the likes of which I have never tried before. Never really done a journeyman career properly so this is the big one.

First of all here is the configuration of the leagues. Medium database with top players loaded from Europe and South America

I have chosen these leagues as these are the ones I probably have the most interest in. They are mostly European, but I've added Mexico and Uruguay to give it that worldwide flavour.

I will be starting off with a semi-pro rep and look to work my way across the world but at the same time there a certain clubs I will look actively to manage at some point during my career.

Teams I'll look to manage:

St. Pauli (GER): This German side is legendary for its politics as well as its fans. The fans have a real sense of kinship with the club and that is something I'd definitely like to be a part of at

some point.

Deportivo la Coruna (ESP): a side that has really fallen on hard times and fallen from grace. I enjoyed watching this team in the early 2000s as I was getting into Spanish football and would love the chance to take them back to former glories.

Steinkjer (NOR): Definitely playable last year, don't know if they are this year. If they are I will be heading there. My wife spent six months living there in 2009 and by all accounts the Norweigans need to be shown that there are more football teams than Manchester United. This small town boasts an 'authentic' English pub too so I won't feel homesick taking this side to the next level.

Racing Club de Montevideo (URU): This club is nicknamed La Escuelita ('the little school') apparently because of the awesome players they have produced. One of Uruguay's traditional teams it has fallen on hard times now. I know of them as I won the Libertadores on PES2011 with them. In real life they made it to the group stages that year and went out. It was their only Libertadores appearance. I'll aim to get them back there.

Roma (ITA): An Italian team that needs no introduction. I've always loved watching them and my first memory of Football Italia on Channel 4 was seeing a Roma game. One of the big clubs of Italy with very passionate fans. They haven't won the Scudetto for 10 years and have never won a European trophy. This is the second most coveted job for me and I forsee myself spending a few years in Rome once I am established. They have also been managed by one of my favourite managers in Claudio Ranieri. Another reason to go to Rome.

Charlton (ENG): The big one. The one I want the most. I am a Charlton fan and a large part of my career will be spent (hopefully) emulating Curbishley and then overtaking Jimmy Seed to become the most successful Charlton manager ever. With only one FA Cup to our name I am looking to change that and bring the good times back to SE7.

You can follow my career on Twitter here (it will contain other bits as well as it's not purely a FM account)

or add me on Steam: the name is turnitin.

Here's my manager profile. Now to wait for the first job...

Cheers. I'm unsure as where to start at the moment.

My start date was obviously July 2010 so the Norweigian season is already halfway through. Strindheim in the Second Division Group 2 have sacked their manager and I can take the job, but I don't think I want to start in Norway (doesn't help that they're in e the same division as Steinkjer). Think I might aim to start in France or Germany...

No Sweden?;)

Good Luck with this:thup:

Nah, I like the cups too much and you've put me off them as far as Sweden are concerned. Cheers for your support. My 1st job is about to begin.

Before it does I can tell you that Martin O' Neill did get the Roma job. I'm hoping he keeps them safely in Europe but away from title until I'm ready. In other news Sam Allardyce has got the Athletic job in La Liga.

You're looking at managing Roma? You deserve good luck wishes if only for that. :cool:

Great variety of clubs you're looking to manage, I will definitely follow closely. :thup:

Cheers. Roma are the one real club in Europe I have an affinity for. Last years title tilt and the way the fans were such a good example of them.

So my first job has finallly come up.

I ummed and ahhed about which job to take. I applied early doors for a job with Strindheim in the Norweigan 2nd division and was offered the job, but after some consideration turned it down. They were in the same division as Steinkjer and I didn't feel ready for Norway yet.

The months ticked by with only Roma of the clubs I want to manage firing their manager. Obviously I'd have been laughed out of town if I'd have applied for it so I didn't and let Martin O' Neill keep the seat warm for me instead. I applied to a couple of Ukranian first division teams, some German 3rd division teams and two Finnish teams only to be rejected.

2010 turned into 2011 and I was still unemployed. Then came my first big chance as the league reset date passed for Norway and Finland. There were no Finnish teams to manage but all the promoted teams in Norway were available. I thought long and hard about it but then decided to let them go and didn't apply for any of them. No jobs came up and as the last Norwegian jobs disappeared I began to wonder if my gamble would backfire.

Then a job came up in Mexico. I like Mexican food and don't mind a Tequilla or two, so I decided to apply for it and lo and behold:

Guerreros_F%C3%BAtbol_Club.jpg

Meet the new manager of Guerreros.

The club is bottom of the Mexican Promotion League (the league itself is in the closing stage) and as you can see I have my work cut out for me. They may only have played four games but they have conceded 17 goals and as you can see from the Average points table I could very well be screwed. I have just 13 games to turn this club around.

Squad

Assitant Report

Money is non-existent so I will need to wheel and deal and do it hard and fast. My Assistant report fills me with dread but it does look like I have some quality players, not least this guy. I'll be looking to build my team around him and just score as many goals as I can.

A tough first assignment make no mistake (especially as it doesn't look like they actually exist IRL anymore). Can I help them to avoid their real life fate?

Having just had a look at my side it turns out I have 5 4.5/5 star players and the rest are rated half a star by my assistant. The worst thing is that one of my 5 star players (CB) is out injured for five weeks...

Thanks. This team is doomed pure and simple. This is without a doubt the worst squad I have ever worked with on any incarnation of Football Manager. If I get a point in my time here I think I'll have an open-top bus parade.

Nope, it's just that Guerreros are. My season is almost at an end and I don't think it would be hyperbolic to say that this has been the worst team I have ever managed in ten years of playing this game.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

In your face everyone who ever doubted me. You all mocked me as loss after loss (after loss, after loss, after loss) piled up, but now who's laughing? Now who is the King?

THEY SAID I COULDN'T MANAGE IN MEXICO? THEY WERE WRONG!

GuerrerosvPumasMorelosSplitView.png

Season Review: Guerreros (Mexican Promotion League) 2010/11

I took the job at the beginning of February with 13 games left. To say this was the worst team I have ever managed would be an understatement.

The club was pretty much doomed to relegation anyway due to the Average points table, but I felt that I had a shot at least of getting the team to perform well in the Close League. Unfortunately for me I couldn't sign anyone as my wage budget was £240 and I was spending £6,250 and no-one would come on loan. This meant I was stuck with what I had and what I had was not much. Only five players were rated over half a star and two of them were in shocking form, one of them was the goalie while the other two spent more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

It quickly became clear that not conceding two goals before half-time was a major achivement for this side and half the time they couldn't even manage that. My five star striker didn't score until the penultimate game of the season and my best player (according to my Assistant) didn't do anything until the last minute of the season where he sloted in a goal to make sure we lost 4-1 instead of 4-0.

So we sat at the bottom of the league all season and as we did it became clear that there was one team that was as bad as us, if not worse. Pumas Morelos had worse goal difference than us and had lost more games than us (having not picked up a result in the Open League). I felt we could finish 17th at least, but Pumas got a spawny point from one of their games that left us bottom. Both teams were awful, so it came down to one game. Guerreros Vs Pumas on the penultimate day of the season. It was the one game that could shape my managerial career so far and luckily we won it convincingly 3-0.

Weirdly after that result the Chairman offered me a new contract eventhough our relegation was all but confirmed weeks ago. I won't be able to stay as this is the lowest league, but I asked to dealy to the end of the season.

We lost the last game 4-1 losing 4 players to injury which pretty much summed up our season. The team was relegated and I'll be on my way sooner rather than later.

Guerreros Squad

Guerreros Results

Closed League Table

Average Points Table

On the plus side I really like my Assistant. His stats aren't too bad so if he can drag him back to Europe with me I'll be pretty happy. I'm going to wait to get fired and then see what league takes my fancy. It may well be time for France or Germany. Either way I'm definitely checking that they can at least loan some players.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Guerreros           Mexico    Mexican Promotion League    17th              Relegated/Worst Team Ever

WOW :eek: how are some of the players morale still ok after a sub 5.0 performance and a 9-0 loss :confused:

Maybe you did leave Africa too early

Well atleast you didn't finish bottom of the closing stage; and also I'm apologizing for a very blonde moment by saying maybe you did leave Africa too early because at that time I thought I was reading Gilbsters thread :o

Well atleast you didn't finish bottom of the closing stage; and also I'm apologizing for a very blonde moment by saying maybe you did leave Africa too early because at that time I thought I was reading Gilbsters thread :o

No probs, I thought that was the case. I blame the alliterative thread titles.

So it's October 2011 and I've been out of work for a few months. I have been applying for jobs all over the shop. Four jobs have come and gone in Mexico and I was overlooked for all of them (I suppose one win in thirteen doesn't endear you to Chairmen). Quite a few jobs have appeared in the German 3rd Division, but my reputation is not enough yet to get considered without laughing let alone get the job itself. I was thinking of France as I have the CFA loaded, but hardly any French managers have been fired and none from the CFA. I'm beginning to wonder whether I've fouled up my reputation in Mexico.

Speaking of fouled up reputations Martin O' Neill has been fired from Roma after leading them to 19th in 12 games. Looks like I won't have to worry about him winning the Scudetto there.

Anyway, back to me applying for every job around. It had to work eventually and lo and behold it did...

Arsenal_BT.png

From Mexico to the Ukraine in a complete change of pace. Meet the new manager of Arsenal Bila Tserkva.

Arsenal Bila Tserkva and Guerreros share a few things in common. They were both bottom of their leagues when hiring me, they're both new clubs formed in the last five years and they were both desperate enough to take punt on an English unknown. Hopefully that's where the similarites will end. They're not out of business in real life and I actually have some money to play with here.

Assistant Report

Squad

Best Player

League Table

As you can see this squad is a lot better than the one I inherited at Guerreros. This team appear to be underachieving rather than being awful for the division and I'm quietly confident I can rescue them from the drop. That's the aim for this season and my only aim. I have some money if I want to use it, so I'm not stuck with the squad I've got and the team aren't adrift at the bottom either.

Quietly confident about this job, but given my experiences in Mexico I'm going to take nothing for granted. Survival is all I want. Up the Arsenal!

Arsenal_BT.png

Good luck wherever you end up this time. Fairly sure you will be able to improve on your rep wherever you go!

Cheers Gilbster. I'm hopeful for some Ukranian fun. A couple of years of building up my rep here and then onwards back across Europe.

Speaking of fouled up reputations Martin O' Neill has been fired from Roma after leading them to 19th in 12 games. Looks like I won't have to worry about him winning the Scudetto there.

He did WHAT?! :mad:

Good luck in the Ukraine, the team report there seems more balanced than what you had in Mexico.

He did WHAT?! :mad:

Good luck in the Ukraine, the team report there seems more balanced than what you had in Mexico.

Yeah, he got them to 4th last season (kept getting notices about 12 game unbeaten runs), but must have had a mare.

The team report looks a lot better. I've got one game before the Winter break (which is 3 months!), so I'll get through that and then see what I can do.

Cheers.

Dunno how good this will be, but just played a game at home. Battled to keep it 0-0 and then in the 89th minute they score. I go all out and then ten seconds from time this happens.

[video=youtube;x8aNm4VVlTs]

I may have done a little living room jig.

Wow, that was a really harsh season for you in Mexico but I hope you have somebetter luck in Ukraine :thup:

Yeah it was pretty harrowing. Just had a 6-3 beating away from home to give me horrible Mexican flashbacks (except we never ever scored 3 goals in a defeat).

10 games to go and we're bottom, but the bottom five are all covered by a point. It's going to be a very tight relegation battle.

It's pretty tense now with one game to go. One relegation spot has been filled, but one other is left and there are 6 possible candidates including me.

Here's the table:

UkrainianFirstLeagueInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

And here are the last set of matches:

UkrainianFirstLeagueMatches_FixturesResults.png

As you can see I've got the hardest game, away to 2nd place Metalurg, but I don't think I can be relegated as 15th and 17th play each other. Time to find out though...

Season Review: Arsenal Bila Tserkva (Ukrainian 1st League) 2011-2012

Arsenal_BT.png

After my Mexican nightmare not many chairmen wanted to touch me with a ten-foot clown-pole let alone give me a job, but eventually the Chairman of Arsenal couldn't take my hangdog expression any more and gave me the chance to redeem myself at his club. That's right, I've gone from a Mexican failure to managing Arsenal except this Arsenal were rubbish and bottom of the league. Oh and they were based in Ukraine, have I mentioned that part?

Anyways I was given the job in November just before the three month winter break. The squad looked okay, certainly good enough to stay up, but with my confidence having taken a knock in Mexico I wasn't taking anything for granted. We drew my first game before the winter break 0-0 which kept us bottom, but I'd seen enough to think we could make a fist of survival.

I let the players have two months off before indulging in tours of Norway and Finland before the restart. Unfortunately I was once again hamstrung by the clubs finances as the squad was well over wage budget so apart from a few loan signings I couldn't bring anyone in.

We won our first game after the restart and then drew at home to mid-table Krymteplytsya before coming back down to earth with a bump getting hammered 6-3 by Energetyk. From then on I vowed to keep it tight and made sure we were defensively sound.

We drew games against most of our fellow struggles and had some thumpings by mid-table sides but we kept winning at the right times to keep us out of trouble. On the last day of the season we were pretty much guaranteed safety as 17th placed Tytan played 15th placed Energetyk which was good as Promotion chasing Metalurg beat us easily 2-0 to seal the title. Tytan won to send Energetyk down (much to my delight. 6-3 indeed) and finish 12th. The league was very tight at the bottom in the end and I was just glad to keep the club in the division for another season. A bit of white-knuckle ride, but my first success as a manager and something to build on.

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Squad

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Results (Took charge from 0-0 Tytan)

Ukrainian 1st League Final Table

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Positions

Manager Profile

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Key Players:

Maxim Stoyan (RB): Can play in the right and in the centre. He ended up disliking me for most of the season (mostly coz I took the captaincy away from him), but then I asked him to become a coach and he started playing well. Injured a bit and suspended for 3 games, but we looked a lot more solid when he was in the team. He's 31, but will be a key player next season if he can sort his discipline out. He got sent off against Metalurg so will be missing for the first game of the season. I'm hoping my board will allow me more coaches as his staff stats are pretty good.

Olexander Lebedynets (CB): I made this man captain and will be building my defence around him next season. He seems quite injury prone, but is very good when he plays. If he can stay free of injury then he will be a key player next season and the seasons that follow.

Dmytro Gordienko (ST): My assistant flagged him up as the best player at the club and his goals proved to be key in keeping the club up. Blows very hot and cold though. Don't really want him as my number one striker, but will be a key player in the team next year as we hunt for a better league position. Only player to get double figures.

Aims for Next Season:

I busied myself during the Winter Break by bringing in staff as there was no-one apart from the Assistant at the club and I took the decision with three games to go to sack my Assistant and hire a better one (which I did), so backroom wise I am pretty happy.

With the club over it's wage budget and a lot of average players I'm planning on a big overhaul of the club. The playing squad will be thinned out and the big-earners moved on. I definitely need a left-back, a whole new midfield and a top striker as well as making sure that the squad players a better. I'll be looking to wheel and deal and use the free-transfer market mostly as money looks like it's going to be tight. If I can get a couple of top Brazilians on loan too then who knows what can happen.

Personally I am looking at a season of transition and expect the season to be very up and down as I bed the new players in. For the end of next season I'll take a similar position to this season, but maybe a few more points away from the drop zone.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Guerreros           Mexico    Mexican Promotion League    17th              Relegated/Worst Team Ever
2011/12    Arsenal Bila Tserkva Ukraine  Ukrainian 1st League        14th               Avoided Relegation

Clubs I Want to Manage Watch:

St. Pauli (GER): Finished 8th in the German 2nd divison. Keep getting notes about the manager looking to move on, but it is too early for me to go there yet. A disappointing season as they started like a train.

Deportivo la Coruna (ESP): Finished 12th. Not much to write home about. An average season.

Steinkjer (NOR): Finished 7th in Second Division Group 2 in 2011 and are currently 8th after 7 games in 2012. Steady away

Racing Club de Montevideo (URU): Finished 6th overrall and qualified for the Pre-Libertadores competition, but finished 2nd in the group to miss out.

Roma (ITA): Sacked Martin O' Neill after 12 games while lying 19th in the table. Hired Luigi De Canio who took them to 11th in the league and into the Europa League by winning the Italian Cup. Not a season to remember for i Giallorossi.

Charlton (ENG): Finished 4th in League One. They were pushing for Automatic most of the season, but lost 4 of their last 5 games to finish 4th. Somehow got their form back and won the Play-off final against Southampton. Chris Powell will be managing them in the Championship next year.

Former Club Watch:

Guerreros: No news yet...

Well done on avoiding relegation, you certainly made an improvement in the remaining games but could have done with a few more wins.

At least you've now got the off-season to get things how you would like it in time for next year.

Congrats on survival, hope your able to build up successfully from your position
Well done on avoiding relegation, you certainly made an improvement in the remaining games but could have done with a few more wins.

At least you've now got the off-season to get things how you would like it in time for next year.

Cheers guys.

I've made some decent signings so I'm pretty hopeful of an improved season. I'm just glad I won some games after Mexico...

Arsenal Bila Tserkva: Pre-season Report 2012/13 Season

Arsenal_BT.png

Board Expectations: Safe Mid-table position

Transfer/Wage Budget: 8.75k/£6000 p/w (£7014)

Media Preditcion: 13th

Title Odds: 40/1

Survival was attained without too mych hassle last year, so this season my main aim is to get us safely established in the league and in a position to kick on up the table towards promotion in the future.

The first thing I did was to make sure that all the deadwood was removed. Luckily a lot of contracts were expiring and freeing up wages so it wasn't too difficult to do. My main aim was to make sure reinforce the spine of the team with some quality which is exactly what I did. My scouting throughout last season paid off as I managed to reel in quite a few players whose contracts were expiring. I did make one big money signing laying out £500 for a Goalkeeper. I also spent £2000 on a back up loan of a Serbian striker who is in as cover.

Transfers In/Out

This is how I expect to line up this season. I'm sticking with the 4-4-2 especially as the two wingers I have brought to the club are both good quality.

ArsenalBilaTserkvaArsena_Tactics.png

Key Signings

Balazs Raboczki (GK): My first choice from last season was very flakey at times. A decent back-up but not a number one. This guy is a number one though and I'm hoping his experience will prove invaluable as the season progresses.

Sergiy Radevych (LB): Left-back was a problem for me all last season. This guy is experienced and versitile and will slot into my backline well.

Denys Rebryk (CM/AM): The most exciting signing I've made I think. His stats may not be much to look at but at this level he has the quality and the X-factor to change games. Looks like he's going to blow hot and cold if pre-season is anything to go by, but when he blows hot he is the best player at the club.

Akakiy Tskarozia (ST): I signed him on loan last season as back-up. Didn't see much game time until the last few games of the season and was solid yet unspectacular. He did score an absolute quality goal against the league leaders which peaked my interest and after checking with my coaches I signed him up. He's young, but I think he could grow into a good player for this team.

The only thing I haven't done is sign a top, top striker. I do have quite a few options in midfield though so if my front line do struggle I could move Rebryk up front. I've definitely got a squad to compete in this league now and feel confident of doing what the board want me to do at least.

Season Review: Arsenal Bila Tserkva (Ukrainian 1st League) 2012-2013

Arsenal_BT.png

Ukrainian 1st League Final position: 4th (Predicted 13th)

Ukrainian Cup: 2nd Round (Expected 2nd Round)

After last season's escape from relegation I was looking for a season of consolidation in the Ukrainian First League and as you can see we did slightly better than mere consolidation. We started the season on fire getting 6 wins and a draw in our first eight games, however, injuries kept claiming my better players and we started to struggle going into the Autumn. We had a horrible run in October and November and the Winter Break couldn't come soo enough for us with the team sitting in 7th after the first 20 games.

Over the Winter Break I looked to sign more players bringing in midfielders and defenders on loan and on frees. My scouting network in Brazil started to pay dividends as well and I signed two Brazillians. One a young defender and another a forward who looks pretty tasty. Unfortunately for me the striker was injured for most of the season so I didn't get to play him, but I have high hopes.

We looked good again after the restart, unbeaten in 9 with 7 wins, but then we dropped off again as the pressure told and although we were close to second for most of the season I never felt we were in with a shot for promotion. We won our last game to claim 4th place and overall I'm happy with the way the season has gone. There's still too much inconsistency in the squad and I'm going to need to address that if we are going to try and get promotion next season.

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Squad

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Results: Part One; Part Two

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Club Information

Ukrainian 1st League Table

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Positions

Manager Profile

Arsenal Bila Tserkva Key Players

Kostyantyn Kovalenko: He was the junior partenr to Lebedynets last season, but this season he became my number one centre-back. Led by example more often than not and chipped in with 6 vital goals (which included a hattrick in one game). Kept his head when the most of the defence kept losing their's and will be vital to any promotion hopes I have next season. He's attracting interest from some Premier Division clubs, but I'm confident of holding onto him for another season at least.

Dmytro Gordienko: Another good season from Gordienko, but he spent a lot of it injured. Only ended up starting 17 games for me, but still scored 8 goals. We look a lot more incisive with him in the team, but I don't think I can depend on him as he seems quite injury prone. If he had been injury free this season we might've been closer to Promotion that we were.

Denys Rebryk: Signed originally as a midfielder I ended up moving him up front after Gordienko's first injury. He did quite well up there matching Gordienko by also getting 8 goals, but he has a tendency to go missing for games at a time. He's a good second striker, but he can't lead the line. His versatility means he will be an important cog in the team next season.

Key January Signings

Mikhail Magomedov: Not a January signing, in fact a last minute before the last game of the season signing. My scout in Russia saw him and gave him a chance to be the best keeper at the club so I snapped him up on a free. One for the future.

Cunha: Young Brazillian centreback signed on a free. Rated by my coaches to be as potentially as good as Kovalenko, but his mental stats worry me a bit. I've got Kovalenko tutoring him and hope he has a positive influence. Played two games towards the end of the season and had one good game and one absolute stinker.

Bruno Anjos: Signed on a free from Sao Paulo he looks pacey and a good finisher. Didn't get a chance to see him in action as he came to the club injured and then suffered a relapse as I pushed him in a game I had a striker crisis brewing. High hopes that he can slot in well next season.

Aims for Next Season:

The team may have got 4th place, but I am carrying quite a few players. There will be more clearing of dead wood and a real drive to sign consistent and professional players. The main disappointment for me this season was the real dropping off in form from some of my key players of last season. Lebedynets got injured early and then was awful for most of the season while Stoyan lost any consistency he had last year. Gordienko was out for most of the season and my better midfielders decided to go AWOL so I was always fighting to keep the team ticking over and the replacements could not maintain any real level of consistency.

My main aims will be to strengthen the defence as I conceded far too many goals. The Goalkeeper I signed turned out to be rubbish so I was forced to go back to Lytvyn and will be looking for a new number one in the summer. I need a RB to replace Stoyan and a partner for Kovalenko. I also need to find one quality centre-midfielder and a top striker. If I can fill those gaps then I feel this team has a real shot at Promotion and that's what I'll be aiming for.

One interesting thing for me though is that the Steinkjer manager's contract is up at the end of the year so depending on how the first half of the season goes I may be tempted to move on. At the moment though I am contracted until the end of the forthcoming season and will be looking to have a good run at Promotion before it expires.

Career Overview

2011/12    Arsenal Bila Tserkva Ukraine  Ukrainian 1st League        14th               Avoided Relegation
2012/13    Arsenal Bila Tserkva Ukraine  Ukrainian 1st League         4th                      N/A 

Clubs I Want to Manage Watch:

St. Pauli (GER): Finished 4th in the German 2nd divison only missing out on Promotion play-offs by 2 goals and automatic by 5 goals. Manager's job is solid.

Deportivo la Coruna (ESP): Finished 13th. Not much to write home about again. Sacked their manager in Januray and replaced him. Unsteady times at the club.

Steinkjer (NOR): Finished 6th in Second Division Group 2 in 2012 and nearly got promoted as they were a point behind the team that went up. Currently 10th after 5 games and their manager's contract runs out on 31/12/2013.

Racing Club de Montevideo (URU): Finished 3rd overall in the combined table and qualified for the Pre-Libertadores competition again, but missed out on qualification again.

Roma (ITA): Were in the top four for most of the season but had a horrible end to it to finish 7th and outside of the European places. Manager stable at the moment.

Charlton (ENG): Finished 23rd in the Championship and were relegated with a few games to go. Powell's job is insecure and I could declare interest in it, but I'll not do that for now. If he gets fired I may have to apply though.

Former Club Watch:

Guerreros: Still in the Mexican 2nd Division and doing nuffink.

Arsenal Bila Tserkva: Pre-season Report 2012/13 Season

Arsenal_BT.png

Board Expectations: Respectable League Position

Transfer/Wage Budget: 20k/£8750 p/w (£9581)

Media Preditcion: 8th

Title Odds: 15/1

With the team showing signs of brilliance mixed with periods of rubbish in attaining fourth last year my key was to ship out the poor performers and bring in some experienced and cool heads. The strangest thing that happened was getting offered 12k for my Goalie Lytvyn which I duly accepted. It was a time of Keeper clearouts as Raboczki threw a hissy fit (I moved him to the reserves by mistake to make my screenshot easier). I terminated his contract without delay.

Quite a few players left on frees including Lebedynets. I didn't think it was worth renewing his contract given his appaling displays last season. I actively moved players on touting them to other clubs while stregthening in key areas. South America proved to be my new signing ground as I brought in an Argentinian Goalie, an Argentinian RB and another Brazilian striker. The foreigner rules state that I can only have three foreign players in the 1st XI so I'll have to be canny with my squad rotation, but overall I'm pleased with my business and think we have an outside shot at promotion.

Transfers In/Out

This is how I expect to line up this season. I have good wingers again so 4-4-2 stays. Jaison will start on the bench but I'm hoping that once he settles in he'll take Rebryk's place (or Gordienko's when he inevitably gets injured).

ArsenalBilaTserkvaArsena_Tactics.png

Key Signings

Ramero Martinez (GK): I needed a top goalkeeper and this guy was found by my scout in Argentina. Best Keeper at the club, but he seems quite arrogant and up himself and the fans don't like him as he said the move was a stepping stone. Hopefully he'll be the quality presence I need between the sticks this season.

Pavlo Skoropad (CB): With the younger players I signed in the Winter and with Lebedynets leaving I needed an experienced CB and got one. He averaged nearly 7 last year and if he can do the same this year I'll be very happy.

Vladyslav Mykulyak (LM): With my back up left winger retiring and my first choice injury prone and foreign I needed a Ukrainian player of quality and found one. He's actually better than my other left winger and given that the foreign restrictions will play a big part this season he will start first choice. I'm hoping he'll prove to be quality and experienced.

Jaison (ST): Another Brazilian forward who I had been tracking since February. Originally didn't want to sign for me but I grabbed him at the end of his contract. He's rated as good as Gordienko and has the stats in good places. I'm hoping he'll settle in quickly and prove to be the striker I need.

Again I've not signed a top striker, but that's because they're hard to find. My hope is that Gordienko stays injury free and that Jaison steps up once he's settled in. I'm hoping the players that were here last season will have learnt from our experiences and that the more experienced heads I've added will add to our consistency. If so we've got to have a shot at promotion this year.

I'm hoping so. I think this is a make or break season for this Arsenal side and me in the Ukraine with the Steinkjer manager coming to the end of his contract and Chris Powell under pressure at Charlton.

I think if we're not in the promotion mix-up I may look to move on. It all depends on how quickly my goalie blends in and whether Gordienko can stay fit.

Archived