The Official FM 2008 Chelsea Thread

TheRandomGuy

Well i thought i'd give a Chelsea game a go. Yeah not much of a challenge but after competing in Dafuge's challenge and taking a break it will make a nice change to have some money to play with.

Not being a Chelsea fan, it doesnt really bother me too much about gutting the squad though am looking to keep Drogba, Lampard and Terry and try to build a dream team around them.

Any suggestions on first targets? i'll probably rebuild the youth team and reserves and fill them with prospects such as Saivet, Wijnaldum and Tuia. Not really sure what firt teamers to look out for, possibly Fred or Fernandez.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

BEST FORMATION!!!!!!!!

Cech

A. Cole (Marcelo(5.5m) J.Terry Riccy Zaccardo(8m)

Mudingayi (9m) / Ballack

Essien lampard

Riquelme

Drogba Kanoute

Kanoute is really good

as is Mugingayi (Lazio)

ALSO CHECK OUT BEHRAMI (LAZIO) HE IS AS GOOD AS MICAH RICHARDS AND FOR 10 MILLION IS WAY CHEAPER

this formation with 1DM, 2CM and 1CAM is really good!!! beat manu 3 0 !!!!

Please I need help..First my english is very badicon_smile.gif)Now on the case..I am in the third season..I play 4-4-2 diamond formation with farrows on the wings..Team instructions all are in the middle..only mentality a move according to the opposition team and home/away...closing down a make to often..a tick tight marking..and tick counter attack if i play on strong guest or in derby match..my team is:

GK:cech

DR:daniel alves

DL:ashley cole

DC:barzagli

DC:terry

DMC:essien

MR:silva

ML:marcelo

AMC:lampard

FC:aguero

FC:sevchenko

In the player instructions for the AMC and the two FC i make MUCH creative freedom.

Now please help me because i play now very bad with this team..Can somebody reccomend me some new good tactic...and new players to buy..PLEASE...

I find it can be very rewarding to play Sinclair up front with Drogba in your first season. In my first season he made 25 (16 starts) league appearances and scored 11 goals, not bad for an 18yr old. Now he's twenty three, he made 36 starts in the league, scoring 25 goals-he improves beyond belief.

Can someone give me a realistic asking price for Shaun Wright Phillips? A.C.Milan are trailing him, i originally asked for £23m but they withdrew, theyre back in the hunt and obviously i want to get the most for him but i dont want them to back down cos im in the process of signing Aaron Lennon

quick reply appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...

Why's this thread so quiet? icon_redface.gif Does everyone hate Chelsea or something?

I'm starting a new game with Chelsea. I've never tried them before. I'm going to be renewing the squad to make it more of a challenge.

I've told the board I'll win the title, and I adjusted the budget to give me £62M to spend.

I'll post an update when the transfer window closes

Had a tough Community Shield match against Man Utd.

I went 1-0 down, Lampard pulled it even in the last seconds of the 1st half. Then I went 2-1 down, and made 5 subs - Shevchenko (who is hard to get rid of!!!) brought on, 80th min, bridge on, 88th min. 2 mins into extra time, Bridge crosses to Shev, who knocks it in off the post icon_biggrin.gif 2-2.

Cech is bloody amazing, saved all 4 of Man Utd's penalties, I scored 2 outta 4.

Decent start, even though I've sold quite a lotta players.

I'll post an update soon.

Well I have posted this in the "Rate My Team Thread" but as of yet have had little response, so I thought I would post it in here aswell.

I am currently 3 and a half seasons in with Chelsea, (and before you say, yes I know it's easy to do well with them), but this is still my first game since getting FM08. The point of me posting in this thread, like anyone, is to get other people's points of view on my squad, and to try and find a solution that as to why I have failed to win the Champions League since my first season!! I have won all 3 league titles so far and I'm well on course to secure my 4th in a row, but have struggeld in the domestic cups, and have never really scored enough goals for my liking.

Here in my first team squad and info on players bought;

Goalkeepers;

12. Allan McGregor - Bosman signing from Rangers at start of 3rd season,

13. Oscar Ustari - £17.5million (£7.5m upfront, £10m over 24months), Getafe at start of 4th season

18. Igor Akinfeev - £6million (compensation), CSKA Moscow in January transfer window 4th season

Defenders;

2. Branislav Ivanovic - £6million from Lokomotiv Moscow, 1st season

3. Ashley Cole

6. Micah Richards - £16million from Manchester City at start of 4th season (was so cheap after City's relegation)

16. Vedran Corluka - £14million from Manchester City at start of 4th season (was so cheap after City's relegation)

26. John Terry

Defenders/Defensive Midfielders;

24. Miguel Veloso - £14million (£5m upfront, £9m over 24 months), Sporting Lisbon in January transfer window 3rd season

29. Anthony Vanden Borre - £7.5million from Fiorentine at start of 2nd season

Midfielders;

5. Michael Essien

8. Frank Lampard

22. Adrien - £2million from Sporting Lisbon in January Transfer window 1st season

27. Joao Moutinho - £14.25million from Sporting Lisbon at start of 2nd season

28. Sergio Mota - £3,5million from Sao Paulo at start of 2nd season, loaned out until this season.

30. Lulinha - £2.5million from Corinthians at start of 2nd season, loaned out until this season.

Wide Players/Forwards;

10. Joe Cole

15. Florent Malouda

17. Scott Sinclair

20. Luka Modric - £11.5million from NK Dinamo at start of 1st Season

21. Salomon Kalou

Strikers;

9. Adriano - Loan for 1st season, then £15million from Internazionale at start of 2nd season

32. Mario Balotelli - £19.million (£5m upfront, £14.5m over 24months), Internazionale at start of 2nd season

39. Nicolas Anelka - £7million from Bolton at start of 2nd season (transfer request after Bolotn's relegation)

Players for the future who are out on loan are;

Ben Sahar

Reimond Manco

Neymar

Recent Transfers Out;

Petr Cech has just left for Internazionale after "wanting a new challenge", fee of £18million

Alex has also just left for Internazionale after "wanting a new challenge", fee of £6million

Mauro Zarate has left for Blackburn after a disasterous year at the club only scoring 9 goals, fee of £6.75million

Ryan Bertrand - Aston Villa - £7.5million

Wayne Bridge - Tottenham - £4million

Formations, Instructions, and Team Selection;

4-4-2 System used in home games

Team Instructions used for 4-4-2

Usual XI

GK - Ustari

RB - Corluka

LB - A.Cole

CB - Richards

CB - Terry

RM - Luka Modric

LM - Florent Malouda

CM - Michael Essien

CM - Frank Lampard

ST - Nicolas Anelka

ST - Adriano

4-5-1 System used in away and European games

Team Instructions used for 4-5-1

Usual XI

GK - Ustari

RB - Corluka

LB - A.Cole

CB - Richards

CB - Terry

DM - Miguel Veloso

CM - Frank Lampard

CM - Michael Essien

RW - Joe Cole

LW - Florent Malouda

ST - Adriano

Any comments you have on my squad, formations or team selection is more than welcome. If you have any suggestions for players then please dont hesitate. Money is no object as far as signing players goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Im Chelsea Just Coming To 1st Jan O8 And On A 5 Lose Streak:S Im 3rd In League.I Have Singed Ediur G From Barca Ad On Verge Of Singing Klaas Jan Hunntler.Im Not Sure What Tactic Is Best For The Team Plus I Have Origanel Squad Due To Me Not Spending At Start Of Season(Y)Add Me On Msn mattya999@hotmail.com To Disscuss Anythink To Do With Football Manager(Y)

Any Ideas Please

Reply ASAP

Thanks(Y)

i reccomend selling ballack, shevchenko and pizzaro. for wage reduction purposes, that should save you 250K a week. you can easily buy players to replace them on cheaper wages like matias fernandez and jimmy briand.

you need to target a right back, i bought alves as hes easily the best in the game, but i spent alot to bring him in.

IF U WANT A GOOD CHEAP WONDERKID BUY EDISON CAVANI FOR 9.5M HE IS AMAZING PROSPECT AND JAVI MARTINEZ NOT CHEAP BUT HE IS AMAZING ABOUT 15M BUT WELL WORTH IT.

ALSO BUY Joaquín AND DAVID VILLA THEY ARE AMAZING

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Originally posted by soapysouter:

i reccomend selling ballack, shevchenko and pizzaro. for wage reduction purposes, that should save you 250K a week. you can easily buy players to replace them on cheaper wages like matias fernandez and jimmy briand.

you need to target a right back, i bought alves as hes easily the best in the game, but i spent alot to bring him in.

NEVER sell Ballack on 1st two seasons. He is possibly the best midfielder after his injury on the entire game. Truly awesome.

Good skipper if needed, very consistant, good at freekicks, great in the air at corners, great at long range shots, great passer for assists and spots great opportunities, great at pens (never seen him miss) and also holds his own in tackles.

Seriously...he is one to keep.

Originally posted by Jimboola:

Good skipper if needed, very consistant, good at freekicks, great in the air at corners, great at long range shots, great passer for assists and spots great opportunities, great at pens (never seen him miss) and also holds his own in tackles.

Seriously...he is one to keep.

Agreed icon14.gif

Originally posted by kornfan001:

just sold mikel o 1075 million over a year with buriddo coming to me in xchange is this mistake.

sorry this meant to say sold mikel to inter for 10.75 million pounds over 1 year with burdisso coming to me in exchange. was this a bad or good deal?

Ballack and Shev are hard to sell because some clubs can't afford their wage demands. Ballack usually has 2 seasons left in him at the start.

My first moves are always to get a good RB and ST. Pandev and Behrami are ideal

It's not as easy as people think t play as Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal always play to a high pace and can run away with the league at some speed if you don't kick things off quickly.

RB, Daniel Alves, be prepared to spend cash on him as he is very expensive but WELL worth the money, probably my best signing so far. CM, I picked up Sebastian Pardo on a free and he has been amazing for me, but with players like Lampard/Essien/Ballack/Mikel etc, CM shouldt be much of a problem.

I am in 3rd season and have won everything, this is down to some great decisions, i sold drogba and got robinho, he scored 48 goal in 41 games, got diego and sold lampard (best signing i have ever made on fm2008) and brought alves and barzaghi in first year, just signed guardado and he seems a great purchase to

I am Chelsea in my 2nd season. In my first season Anelka scored 25 goals and Drogba 35 goals as I won the league and champs league.

However by the end of this season Drogba is 31 and Anelka 30. Drogba is still class but Anelka has struggled more this season. Kalou has come through as my 3rd choice striker and scored 20 goals so far this season (in February) but I am unsure about him as a first choice long term.

Therefore with my two front line strikers over 30 I will need at least one striker, if not two at the end of the season. Money is not an issue BUT I know Chelsea will need to move to a new stadium eventually and do not want to run into slight financial problems when that comes along.

In terms of my game, Aguero has gone to Inter and Huntelaar to Milan (my first two choices). Robinho and Benzema are too expensive.

Adriano is available from Inter for £5m but his stats don't look great. However with regular games will he become the player he once was? I have also looked at Fred who would probably cost between £15-20m. Could either of these do the job or are there any other players to move for and the rough price I would probably have to pay to get them?

OK just started my first game with chelsea

and didn't really do too much with squads

Transfers In:

Gianni Zuiverloon D RC - $17.25M

Alex Silva DC - $16.5M

they are mainly back ups but i have

Bridge Ivanovic & Belletti out injured for atleast 2 mnths so i needed back ups

I will send Belletti to play in PSV (feeder) andi sold Wright phillips to Man C for $18.5M

i'm still ranked favourite for the title along with Man U but after beating them 6-5p after a 3-3 draw in the community shield

i'm confident

Archived