The Official FM 2008 Chelsea Thread

TheRandomGuy

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xBazx:

Wow... i don't think i'd spend 108 million in my first 5 seasons with chelsea:P

you could always try to use Sahar or if you wanna spend money try and get Pato from AC but they'll want a mint...

i lost my last chelsea game so i just started a new one, i'll get details up @ some stage...

Surely with Aguero+Drogba+Shevchenko you'll have perfromance...Sinclair is always good to have on hand, maybe even give saivet a chance up front:p

I agree with you Jimboola...

I probably use Shev more than i do Drogba and tend to sell Drogba off earlier

And i have both Ballack and Makalele in my starting line up in the CM/DM positions as i have Malouda, Lampard & Cole in AM

Ballack is definitely the most consistent in my squad, its just a shame that he's injured for the start of it

We are birds of a feather my friend. Drogba is good as first team for a year and back up for maybe a season after then I sell while I can still make £8-10m on him. Of course in that time he has mentored the likes of Di Santo and the like in Targetman skills. :)

These are my current squads, as you can see, i have no new players to the senior squad...

I mainly set out on bringing in youth (who in turn will get senior matches, depending on form[rule applies to reserve squad also])

allwx3.jpg

Im not out to make a team full of wonderkids or team that should never lose.

I want to lose matches so then i may still be fired:P3

Transfered In:

A. Chambers (ST) - 500,000

G. Wijnaldum (AM) - 275,000(Yth)

Thiago (MF) - Free(Yth)

S. Kjaer (DF) - 750,000

V. Enyeama (GK) - 500,000

M. Sakho (DF) - 250,000(Yth)

H. Saivet (AT) - 1,500,000(Yth)

Transferred Out: (not released)

H. Crespo - 2,700,000 (Roma)

B. Sahar, S. Sinclair - Loan (Crystal Palace[Affiliate])

W. Bridge, Belletti - Loan (PSV[Affiliate])

M. Mancienne - Loan (Southampton)

M. Woods - Loan (Sheffield Wed.)

Just finished my first season as Chelski.

I ran away with the league winning by 17 points, did not lose a single game:

leaguehm7.jpg

Squad at the end of the first season:

squaddk8.jpg

Sheva was amazing scoring 25 goals, Drogba even better even though he had a slow start and ended up on 29.

Quaresma has been brilliant, Joe Cole was fantastic despite being out for 3 months with a calf injury.

I will post more updates as I go along. I do not intend to make many changes, I might offload Lampard or Ballack.

Kanu is random:P didn't see that one coming although i played a season with Kenwyne Jones as a back up in a chelsea save:P

I'm glad you kept the squad pretty much together, its alot better that way. its just seems a little unfortunate that you won the season undefeated first go, because its more fun when you have to challenge for the title and come back from a poor patch kinda thing...

So your unlucky but good at it:P

Just another note I won the league cup that season to.

Onto this season.

Disappointing end. Really disappointing. Oour run of unbeaten games ended at 54 against Liverpool at anfield in the end of november. From their on in, our form was not League winning form. It was infuriating. In all fairness we should of been 10 points clear by that point, but the other teams had kept up brilliantly. Manchester United and Arsenal.

I lost to Manchester United 2-1 later in the season. Overall this second season I spent a staggering 94m on transfers:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3042/transferseo0.jpg

Marcelo: Sent him immediatly on loan to Valencia, there he has got even better and is nearing his full potential, he should be fighting for a place next season against Cashley Cole.

Jozy Altidore: Sent out on loan to Gimnástic, there he played only a handful of games, but scoring in 80% of them. He is looking very promising.

Micah Richards: 40m yes alot of money, but the best rightback in the game, he can also play as centre back, and he gets even better, he is rock solid, and I would pay that much for him again.

Pablo Aimar: another solid buy, I set him to run with the ball, play him in AM, and he destroys defences. 39 Appearances 9 goals, 7 assists and 4 MOM's. HE will get even better.

Matiás Vuoso: A bit of a panic buy this one, he hasn't done much, I went for him because of his finishing, he hasn't done much though.

Alan Kardec: Young Brazillian striker my scouts spotted, looks good, not much information to give you about him yet.

Arthur Boruc: I had to buy a keeper, because Cech is leaving this summer, for two years he has refused to sign a new contract, he wants a new challenge. More on that later.

So thats my signings.

More on Petr Cech. I am devasted he is going, nothing I can do will make him stay, he wants a new challenge, I just hope Boruc is up to the job of replacing this Chelsea Legend. I am not sure what price I will get for him, but I want him sold this summer or he will go for free when his contract is up.

Frank Lampard and Ballack are still here. THey will be leaving soon, I rarely use them.

Best player this year has been the ever so solid John Terry, abg rating of 7.44.

I won the league cup again, making it Chelski's 3rd consecutive win. Beating Man City 3-1 in the final.

Got to the Semi Finals, this time going out to the other Milan side, A.C Milan. I will get my hands on that trophy after coming so close in the first season.

Highlight of the year was beating Arsenal 5-0 at home in the League, best I have seen this side play.

Another high note, Kalou is amazing. Brilliant, I set him to run with ball, up front with Drogba, and defenders can't stop him. he made William Gallas look like an amateur.

I will stop babbling now, if you feel I have left anything out, feel free to ask questions.

Also, I have 4 years left n my contract, since I signed a 5 year deal at the end of the first season.

Ended up 3rd in the league

Guess I might post something as well. Currently in 2015, and I have finally managed to beat Arsenal's 49 unbeaten league run:

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/7053/07292008000008tu2.jpg

Apart from that, I've won the league five years in a row and currently fully on course to make it six in a row:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4881/07292008000138li6.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6646/07292008000208ss0.jpg

The aim now is to finish this league season unbeaten, something I never achieved before.

I've won the Champions League all seven seasons in a row:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2421/07292008000324tb6.jpg

With the record being 61 matches in a row unbeaten:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9452/07292008000422fg3.jpg

This is my list of honour:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6916/07292008000601rr7.jpg

As you can see, I managed to win all trophies in 2010, thanks to an amazing end to the season:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1424/07292008001439ax1.jpg

My Best Eleven last season:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2015/07292008000730vg9.jpg

My All-time Best Eleven:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8761/07292008000915re0.jpg

And of course my current squad:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/4862/07292008001339gx9.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7628/07292008001900vk4.jpg

The bottom nine in the last screenshot are all club-grown players, as well as Mancienne and Saivet (only Mancienne and Leon Smith are from my academy, all others were bought before they turned 18).

All player values are true values as well, since all have been bought in 2012 or before.

Current captain is Messi, Essien is vice-captain.

(fyi: Ive never used the corner exploit)

I am just about the embark on my 3rd season. Two League titles thus far and Two Champions League wins. One FACup and One League Cup.

Refused to play Drogba, Anelka, Malouda or Ferreira from day one. Listed all and offloaded in first summer.

I think the main thing with Chelsea is consistency. I've changed very little. I offloaded the 4 mentioned above, then brought in Dani Alves, Miroslav Klose, Micah Richards and Enyeaman (sp) as a back-up keeper and done little else really.

I gave youth a chance with Woods being my major success story over the last two seasons. Scott Sinclair has had chance and just bagged 30 goals on loan at Sunderland in the Prem and the main backbone of my side in English with:

Terry, Lampard - neither missing league or CL game in two seasons.

Joe Cole, Ashley Cole - ever presents except for suspensions.

Woods and Sidwell rotating in the 3rd midfield slot.

Micah Richards holding in midfield.

Michael Mancienne filling in for Carvalho when needed.

I've got a nice tactic, team works well and I can bring players in freely fully expectign performances from the kids. Klose came in for 2nd season only. Kalou and Sheva were great in 1st. Kaliu continued this form into second season too.

very nicely done, but success comes at a cost... do you feel "empty" after winning everything.

What will you do after an undefeated season?

Very true. That is why I try nurturing a young side with lots of English players. The club are delighted at my finances and wage structure etc.

SOLD:

DIDIER DROGBA -£30mill

FLORENT MALOUDA - £13mill

NICOLAS ANELKA -£5mill

ALEX - £7.5mill

TAL BEN-HAIM - £4mill

BELLETTI -£3mill

FERRERIA - £3.5mill

WRIGHT-PHILLIPS - £10mill

That is £76mill off the top of my head. But there have been more too.

Whereas I paid £38mill for Richards, £20mill each for both Alves and Klose and any other signings have been nominal fee's. So I've recouped what I've spent and cut the wage bill massively.

First, i have to apologise to all, especially management, i made a thread earlier claiming this thread was dead, that was from my experiances from the old boards, before he came about. now, my chelsea team:

This is my Chelsea team, second season. i play 4-4-2, what do you think?

GK: Cech / Ustari

RB: Alves / Ivanovic

LB: Cole/ Bale

CB: Terry / Fazio

CB: Barzagli / Pablo

RM: Rodriguez / Cole

LM: Guardado / Kalou

CM: Lampard / Essien

CM: Fernandez / VDV

ST: Drogba / Aguero

ST: Aguero / Anelka

I also have a number of reserve team players who can step up into the 1st team when needed:

GK: Cudicini

RB: Beletti

LB: Bertrand / Rajkovic

CB: Mancienne / Alcides

RM:

LM: Mota

CM: Adrien / Amrabat / Makelele / Cork

ST: Di Santo / Sahar / Sinclair

Again, there are many players in my reserves/youth who are promising:

GK: Cioran ® / De Gea

RB:

LB: Langeveld ® /

CB: Boll ® / Bruma / Sakho

RM:

LM: Pedro ® / Aquino

CM: Pichet ® / Gregg ® / Hopp ®

ST: Malaj ® / Saivet / Selke ® / Gigliotti ® / Lefevre ®

Next season, i will probably have to make these 1st team changes:

Cech (unhappy, contract up at the end of 3rd season, £35m+) out, Lloris (30m+) in

J Cole out, Dos Santos in (his contract is up at the end of hte season, if i get him ill see cole for extra funds)

Kalou (second choice, will go to ACN which i dont like) out, I dont know who in, maybe move joe cole to backup LM

Essien (see for kalou) out, veloso, Johnson or adrien in

Drogba out (See for kalou, Huntelaar in

Anelka out (unhappy as normal), reserve team striker in, probo sahar, or tevez, if he doesnt sign a new contract with man u

any feedback is very welcome, thanks

You have got a strong team now and tomorrow, and the next day

But its not my cup of tea, so to speak, i'm minimal transfer manager(excluding youth), as okkas put it:

I think too many people make too many changes for the sake of it to be honest.

I personally wouldn't sell Essien or Kalou, but you have good back up for them and you'll get a bit of cash for them aswell...

Cech just gets annoying after a while "I wanna Challenge, I wanna Challenge" but then in saying that, i'm exactly the same when i manage chelsea, It just gets monotonous (which is why im loving Red Star right now:P)

So i have set myself a challenge... can the Chelsea Reserves, become bigger than the first XI

i went to the editor and created a new club and took the entire reserve squad of chelsea and made them my club called (drumroll please) Chelsea Reserves!!

I put them in the coca-cola championship because i'd get relegated first season... then fired.

I made the funds somewhat realistic as it is still Abramovich's club so.. all funds are half of Chelseas, Which is a hell of a lot of cash for championship team:P

and yes i am also using chelseas strip

2nr2001.jpg

6syiah.jpg

I'm predicted to come 15th so i went with a Mid table finish which gives me $15 millie budget with $39,000 for wages

ummm oh staff:P wait til you see this... i'll admit some tweaking made to have jobs and skills applied to some, can't remember who though

zwxiqb.jpg

Looks like it'll be a fun challenge, keep us posted.

I'm playing on the latest ADDM update, coming to the end of the first season with the league cup and premiership in the bag and a champions league final to come. Went out of the FA cup to Arsenal in the 5th round. I've only made one major change, bringing in Robinho for 34 million. Completely worth it, he's bagged 15 goals from the left wing. Formation is thus:

Cech

Bosingwa Terry Carvalho A.Cole

Essien Lampard

J.Cole Deco Robinho

Drogba

(hope that came out ok)

Let go of a few players including ferreira, Belletti, Malouda, Ben Haim.

Lemme know what you guys think.

personally i'd have to say that by bosingwa was a better idea than buying Deco...Chelsea doesn't need midfielders they need RBs

they have ivanovich, belletti and ferraira (he should've been cut a long time ago) and that's all i can think of.. Bosingwa is definitely going to be starting the season off high.... Sorry just blabbering on.

So yeah... you have a good looking first string squad there, it's fairly obvious who are the subs because its pretty much everyone you didn't mention:P

i'd sell off drogba, because people will keep wanting him and he'll be upset if he doesn't get to talk and blah blah blah blah BLAH!!!

I'd say use Sheva, but i believe he's gone to Sampdoria/Genoa in that DB so umm maybe push robinho up and play Kalou on the left, use anelka as a last resort:P

You'll do well, i don't know if you'll win (i don't know your managerial skill) but you'll be a contender.

Only take my advice if you believe it to be helpful as my advice is obviously based on my player preferences:P

Thanks for the reply, I'm doing pretty well so far, only lost 2 league games, just about to play champs league final.

I'm planning on getting rid of drogba at the end of the season and replacing him with Aguero, keeping Robinho on the left as he's been one of my players of the season alongside lampard (23 goals) and essien (avg. of 8.03 although he's had 14 yellow cards)

Agreed 2 deals for next season already, Matias Fernandez to eventually replace the ageing Deco (9.7m plus clauses) and Micah Richards to take over from Carvalho (18.2mil)

Sheva is still with Chelsea but he's always having personal problems, has been great when i've played him though, 11 goals in only 5 starts and 10 sub appearances.

I'll keep you all posted on progress.

Richards is always going to be a great replacement for carvalho as he is awesome in the DC position

Fernandes will be better than Deco, although Deco brings European experience to the squad

(Which is why i have Davids in my Red Star game)

Have you brought in any youth players that you'd like to share, or you wanna wait 'til they develop first?

I've given Jack Cork, Mancienne, Woods and Sinclair a few games here and there, hoping Sinclair will make it as a rotation player at least and Cork has got Everton and Man City sniffing around him now, so I'm thinking he should turn out to be decent atleast. Stats-wise they're nothing special but have performed solidly in the few games they've had. I'll let you know if any of them become world beaters, I doubt it though. I've just brought back Gianfranco Zola from the Italy U21's as a coach, rubbish stats, but I'm a sentimental guy XD

An update, beat Man Utd 6-1 in the champions league final!! Unbelievable result for me, one of my best seasons on any FM game ever. Have since sold Drogba off to madrid for 20m, signed Aguero for 36.5 as his replacement. Team this season will look like this:

GK: Cech/Cudicini

DR: Bosingwa/Ivanovic

DL: A.Cole/Bridge

DC: Terry/Mancienne

DC: Carvalho/M.Richards

MC: Essien/J. Cork

MC: Lampard/Ballack

AMR: J.Cole/F.Belluschi/Kalou

AML: Robinho/S.Sinclair/Kalou

FC: Aguero/Anelka/Sahar

A few decent youngsters coming through, have loaned out the likes of Di Santo and Woods, I'm very optimistic about next season, I'll let you know how it goes!

very nice result you have there, always good to see that happen:P

Your squad is looking solid, nice move bringing in Belluschi and its good to see your bringing players through

this would probably be the last season for Carvalho, he's going to start declining within a year or 2

In my reserves game: Chelsea sent me scott sinclair on loan as part of our affiliation

but wierauch(sp?) declined the option and went to PSV

i think im 2 months in and placed at about 8th

I've bought and sold:

TRANSFERS IN TRANSFERS OUT

Rafinha 11million Paulo Ferrira(sp) 2.9 million

Nikola Gulan 1.5million Miroslav Stoch 95k

Axel Witsel 1.5 million

Ismael Aissati 10.75 million

I was hoping to get Shevchenko out the way even though clubs were wanting him nobody came in with a bid in time for the transfer window.

Deals for Luis Fabiano (2.8 million) and Fernando Llorente(8.75 million) were cancelled as I didn't get a work permit for either of them in time.

But suprisingly Drogba and Pizarro have become a great strike partnership and have been the strikers who have scored the most goals so far this season. (In the Premiership)

So I'm now wondering whether that new striker is necessary now?

Benoit2 has a point there.

Need some advice guys, coming to the end of season 2, will post the results of that soon. But I'm looking for a new goalkeeper to replace Cudicini, someone young, who could give Cech a little competition but won't have a problem sitting on the bench for most of the games. As I'm on an update, Lloris is already at Lyon, otherwise he'd be my first choice.

Any ideas?

Hay management. Why not upload that Reserves game. I would like to play that. Although to be honest I think the name should be changed. What about Hammersmith Town? Or something good.

Yeah i can do that, i just got to do a couple more tweaks to it, update squad and info etc etc

I don't know about changing the name because then it wouldn't be Chelsea Reserves, I'll try post up the database today

Chelsea Reserves

Database Details:

1. Added Chelsea Reserves to the Coca-Cola Championship competition

2. Added Chelsea FC as parent club so loans can play in Reserves team

3. Re-created Board members i.e Bruce Buck, Peter Kenyon & Roman Abramovich

exact duplicates so they are the board for both teams although on occasion there MAY be a mix-up as there is

now 2 of each person

4. Edited some player positions by no more than 2 points (give or take) just to evenly spread positions amongst players.

NO SKILL IMPROVEMENTS MADE!!

5. staff Members skill and jobs edited so that certain people could become a staff member in a specific role.

6. A few members of Chelsea Youth Squad promoted to "Reserve" squad to make numbers

I have also added the Chelsea Strip and logos to the .rar file and have already set it up so you just need to add to the graphics folder

I'm currently having trouble loading the game so i'll upload it when i fix it

Thanks Management, I'm looking forward to giving that a go.

An update on my Chelsea game, finished the second season as league, Champions league and FA Cup winners. However, a few of my players were unhappy and so I've had to let them go. I've sold Bosingwa to Real Madrid for £24m, and Ivanovic to Milan for £11m. To replace them, I'm bringing in Sergio Ramos for £32m, his release clause.

Also selling Belluschi after one solid, but not outstanding season for £30m, and replacing him with Messi for £40.5m, another release clause and the most I've ever spent on a player on any FM game. Hopefully he'll prove worth it.

Aguero had an amazing first season, scoring over 50 goals in all competitions, averaging more than a goal a game. I've just been offered the chance to replace Fabio Capello at England, so I'll be challenging for the premiership while trying to qualify for the 2010 world cup.

Roll on the next season and Come on the Blues!

i always sell drogba for about 12mil i also sell swp for 8mil i sometimes get a bid for 15mil for mikel(automatically accepted)

i tend to bring in hugo lloris a wonderkid keeper for 13mil, diego or joao moutinho for 20mil and martins for 13mil (minimum realease clause)

Yea I'm playing as Chelsea, thats why I'm checking this one out lol. What formation/players do you use that gives you the best results, cause I'm constantly trying different tactics because I can never find a good one thats gives me consistently good results.

I have

GK: Cech/Cudicini

DR: Ivanovic/Belletti

CB: Terry

CB: Carvalho/Alex

LB: Cole/Marcelo

DM: Essien/Mikel

ML: Malouda/Sinclair

MR: Cole/Kalou

AM: VDV/Lampard

ST: Drogba/Anelka

ST: Martins/Pandev

i have currently got Kimz tactic v.1 as the base, i just pushed the fullbacks into wb positions

and i have a 4-4-2 diamond w/DM for Europe but purefun is right, stick to a minimal amount of tactics

I also like the changes you have made to your squad i.e bringing in Marcelo and VDV, haven't used either of them before but know of them well in these forums, haven't used Martins or Pandev either because i'd have Shevchenko in that slot ahead of Anelka

p.s kimz tactic also includes that corner tactic (i believe) that you inquired about earlier

i have currently got Kimz tactic v.1 as the base, i just pushed the fullbacks into wb positions

and i have a 4-4-2 diamond w/DM for Europe but purefun is right, stick to a minimal amount of tactics

I also like the changes you have made to your squad i.e bringing in Marcelo and VDV, haven't used either of them before but know of them well in these forums, haven't used Martins or Pandev either because i'd have Shevchenko in that slot ahead of Anelka

p.s kimz tactic also includes that corner tactic (i believe) that you inquired about earlier

Thank you for the help. VDV is sensational in the first year. He starts ahead of Lampard, who I'm thinking of selling because VDV is so good. He is one of my top scorers, my top assister, and tipped to get English League Player of the Year Award, ATM. I found a fomration that I made that works really well for me. It is a 4-1-3-2, with the two outside CM's being pulled out to to the wing. So its Malouda-VDV-Joe Cole, with Essien holding and Drogba/Pandev strike force. After making that, along with the corner tactic I found out how to do, I have won 14 out of 15, losing only to Inter away 1-0.

Archived