The Official FM 2008 Chelsea Thread

TheRandomGuy

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking squad you've got there. Personally, I'd never sell Lampard, he's been brilliant for me on this save for 3 seasons, scoring 15-20 goals every season. Ballack I would sell as he's on huge wages and I believe it's difficult to create a team with flair which includes both Lampard and Ballack. But that's just my opinion, I'm hoping Scolari proves me wrong this season XD

While you may not be able to get much for Ballack, getting his wages off the payroll can prove very useful. The same with Sheva. Sadly I'm still stuck with both of them in the third season, just waiting for their contracts to run out as nobody wants them.

Try someone like Piatti as a back up to VDV if you don't want to spend too much money. If you're after someone who will push VDV for a starting place and are willing to spend the money, go for Matias Fernandez for Villareal. He'll cost around £10m, but he's worth every penny. He's now valued at £24.5m in my game, season 3.

Yea I already signed Fernandez, for 9.7, he'll join in the summer. I'm gonna sell Lampard, and keep Ballack, Lampard does nothing for me.

My wage bill WELL below the limit. I have a completely full green bar in the Confidence section about my wage bill, so I'm not worried about that.

Good choice in signing Fernandez. Any other signings lined up?

Shame you're getting rid of Lampard, imo him and JT are the real core of Chelsea, I'll always keep them until they retire.

In my save, I've now qualified for the World Cup Finals with England, as well as finally started to make a profit with Chelsea, something I've been working on.

He doesn't ever do anything for me, I like him in real life, but he doesn't score or get assists, even if I play him all game. VDV always gets a goal or an assist and it's no use keeping a 30 year old midfielder on the bench when you get upwards of 25m for him. I'm going for a lot of youth to put in my reserves and loan out so once my current squad grows old I'll have ready replacements that I already bought for cheap. I only have about 15m left in my transfer kitty so I'll wait for more money in the summer to bring in a big signing.

i would also never sell lampard, on principle he'd be a great tutor for youth in his age even just for that i'd keep him, probably ballack too, but he's a very good player to have, i always have start MC with essien on his side (i play a 4-2-3-1 form.)

As for youths, i have always brought Lulinha, thiago and wijnaldum everytime, some others here and there but always those three,

but i never play long enough to see them develop...

Yea I'm in talks for Lulinha, and about to make a bid for Wijnaldum, just got scout reports on him.

To Bracken, yea I have Sakho, I forgot to mention, and Kroos is too expensive for a Reserve AM.

I am definitely keeping Sahar and Sincliar. I started Sahar for one of my League Cup games and he got a hat trick. And Sinclair I haven't used as much because he has been in and out of injury.

chelseavr5.jpg

Need a little feedback on what you guys would do, I'm set to sign Aguero, so I have 4 strikers.

Arshavin was a last second buy as I needed someone quick because I had a lot of injuries and ACN was at the time. Now I can't get rid of him lol, so I sent him to PSV, Makelele to Westerlo.

What do you guys think is a good lineup, and who should i sell/buy

I'm thinking about selling Malouda and going with a 4-1-3-2, with Essien as a holder and VDV, Lamps, and Ballack as my 3, with Fernandez and Joe Cole as backups with Drogba and Aguero starting up top, what do you guys think?

Maybe Sell Lampard or Ballack and stick Fernandez in there instead, I'm confused right now. I also have a huge transfer budget cause I sold players.

for starters... GOD DAMN thats a wide screen:P

secondly.... I don't think you need to buy anyone...

and my line-up will depend on opponents formation as mine would change from 3AM RLC+2MC to 3M RLC+1AMC

but my line-up would be

GK: Cech / Cuducini

WBR: Ivanovich / Richards

WBL: Cole / Marcelo(haven't used marcelo before so its nothing personal:P)

DC: Richards / Carvalho

DC: Terry / Albiol

MC: Essien / Makelele

MC: Ballack / Mikel

AML: Malouda / Fernandez

AMC: Lampard / Arshavin

AMR: VDV / J.Cole

ST: Drogba / Pandev (haven't experienced Pandev either)

I see you're selling Martins, you have sahar so thats a good thing

I'd loan out kalou, offer him to clubs and offer to pay 75% of his wage then accept "Valuable First Team Member" offers

I generally end up sending him somewhere like Germany or Spain, most recently Italy, so he's getting quality football

but remember this is only my opinion on your squad, others will definitely be different:P

NB: i forgot you were getting Aguero so do the same with Sahar as you did with Kalou and send him to maybe a lower table prem team, like portsmouth IRL

I agree with Management on Kalou and Sahar, not sure I'd use VDV at AMR though, I'd swap Arshavin and VDV in the formation Management posted. Then I feel you'd have a squad capable of competing for all four trophies. How did you do first season?

Can't stress enough how good Woods is. Play him. If he plays poorly or average, play him again and give him the chance. He immense for me and huge part of my 2 league titles and 2 european cups in first two seasons.

Personally, scullsblowme, I think you've made too many changes and I'd say the side was looking weaker than it was when you started. If you like buying players, use another wealthy club becuase its very hard to improve the chelsea side.

Other than a good holding midfield (i use Richards) and a striker to replace Drogba (refused to pick him as I can't stand his attitude so I ain't gonna pick him in my side) so i signed Klose.

I bought Dani Alves after the first summer and that is pretty much all I've done.

Klose would be a very good replacement for Drogba especially with quality balls feed through

and Okkas is right about Woods, i didn't use in the first season but i sent him to QPR as a feeder team, he developed real well

second season he got a few starts with a few more off the bench and played fairly good, could easily be first team main stay within 3-4 years at most

Can't stress enough how good Woods is. Play him. If he plays poorly or average, play him again and give him the chance. He immense for me and huge part of my 2 league titles and 2 european cups in first two seasons.

Woods and Sinclair.

They start off with poor stats but seem to play pretty well most of the time. Over time their stats and performances get better and by 20-21 can both be England Internationals. Ryan Bertrand is not too shaby either.

Sorry for the double post, but here's my update.

Just finished third season with a third Premiership and another Champions League. Sadly lost in both the final of the league and Fa Cups to Arsenal, who were 7 points behind me in the league.

Now looking at who I could get to reinforce the squad, though I don't feel there are any areas I need to strengthen. Here's the team:

GK: Cech/Cudicini

DR: Sergio Ramos/ Bocaly

DL: A.Cole/Bridge

DC: Terry/Mancienne

DC: M. Richards/Carvalho

MC: Essien/J. Cork

MC: Lampard/Toni Kroos

AMR: Messi/Kalou/Joe Cole

AML: Robinho/S.Sinclair/Kalou

FC: Aguero/Sahar

Got alot of youth I could bring through too, thinking about promoting Woods to the senior squad and losing Kroos. Any suggesstions?

Bracken

As you say, you have a very strong side, but you do need to strengthen in some pretty key areas...................

You need better back-up at CB. I find that Mancienne is better as a RB, and Riccardo Carvalho can't be getting any better as he is aging. Jack Cork is a handy player, but not good enough lace Essiens boots, nevermind be back-up to him.

I am on the ADDM update btw, so some players have slightly different PA's. eg. Cork is a -9 i believe. Mancienne had an average of 7.35 last season at CB, but I've got an offer from Newcastle that I'm considering. As for Cork, I like to keep him around just as he's a home grown player and I liked what I saw of him irl last season. Marcelo sadly chose Inter over me in the first season, so I'll take a look elsewhere for a replacement for Bridge. I'll probably bring Sakho into the squad for next season as a backup CB. Thanks for the help guys.

Lol. Yea I was playing a League Cup game against Sunderland so I started all my subs, and i put Marcelo, his position his D/WB/M L, at AM R and he scored lol.

I'm thinking about selling Carvalho, using Richards and Terry as my starters, with Albiol as back-up, and promoting either Mancienne, Sakho, or Nordtveidt to another backup CB.

I just signed Nordtveit for 3 mil, his future screens look beast-like, you guys should definitely pick him up while he is young.

Carvalho is 30, can probably get about 15 mil for him.

BTW, I just completely dominated Man U at Stamford Bridge 8-0!!!

Another edit: Just got Ballack's wages down to 78,000 from 125,000

Sorry for the double post, but here's my update.

Just finished third season with a third Premiership and another Champions League. Sadly lost in both the final of the league and Fa Cups to Arsenal, who were 7 points behind me in the league.

Now looking at who I could get to reinforce the squad, though I don't feel there are any areas I need to strengthen. Here's the team:

GK: Cech/Cudicini

DR: Sergio Ramos/ Bocaly

DL: A.Cole/Bridge

DC: Terry/Mancienne

DC: M. Richards/Carvalho

MC: Essien/J. Cork

MC: Lampard/Toni Kroos

AMR: Messi/Kalou/Joe Cole

AML: Robinho/S.Sinclair/Kalou

FC: Aguero/Sahar

Got alot of youth I could bring through too, thinking about promoting Woods to the senior squad and losing Kroos. Any suggesstions?

Thats only 10 in your starting 11, I'm assuming you play with another striker? or Maybe another CM

BTW, I just completely dominated Man U at Stamford Bridge 8-0!!! Sorry had to post twice, I was ecstatic

firstly... i heard you dominated Man U 8-0 way to go:P

Definitely use richards as CB and sell off Carvalho you can use Mancienne for back up if needed

and nordtveit is a beast but good for back up now also

and good job getting ballacks wage down, that'll open up a spot or 2

Sorry I forgot, my other position was AMC and that's Matias Fernandez and Wijnaldum. Congrats on the 8-0, that's gotta feel good, I've beaten em a few times, but nothing as good as that.

Also Nordveit does become a beast, but I've signed him way too many times before so I'm going for something different. Well done on gettin Ballacks wages down too, it's always useful.

Yea Carvalho is goin, already got Nordveit for January, so I got plenty of back-up. This new tactic is destroying, beat Arsenal 4-1, Valencia 4-0 Away, Basel 5-0 away. Fulham 4-0 away,.

Got Cech on a new 5 year deal also, so he doesn't start saying he wants a new challenge lol. WHo could I buy for back-up keeper, a young guy. Cudicini is too old to play back-up.

I think I've madded a faux-pas, started a Chelsea save, sold Drobga kept Shevchenko. Anelka is out for 4 months and Sheva has been absolute crap. 7 Starts no goals no assists ave rating 6.70 needed to sell somebody to raise cahsd to get Alves and thought I would get more for Drogba and Sheva would still do the job. Oops

You can still get the best out of Sheva first season, I let him go because I get annoyed with all his personal problems. But other's have posted about getting him to score regularly, so hopefully one of them can help you out. If not, look for a new strker, I recommend the legend Aguero.

You can still get the best out of Sheva first season, I let him go because I get annoyed with all his personal problems. But other's have posted about getting him to score regularly, so hopefully one of them can help you out. If not, look for a new strker, I recommend the legend Aguero.

Thanks mate, I usually go for Aguero, but I'm out of cash on this occasion, will persevere with Sheva for now

Archived