FM11 - Tottenham Hotspur - Rise of the Triffics (take 3)

Jedi Spur

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King's still going strong for me, 275 appearances, and just signed a new contract till 2014. I found that for a DC Otamendi's quite good, can get excited about his wage though :(. For me Lukaku's been the best striker (use him as a target man, mixed supply) with Defoe as a poacher.

ha, flows that was a great match Vs Milan.

Edgar, pretty great season, how is Carroll working out for ya? I've put this Spurs save on hold for a while, to start a new Spurs save(to try some things out like spending all the money i get), as i don't feel like entering the third season yet and i don't have the time or energy to start a new save at a dodgy foreign club yet. But in that old save, which i am loving, i've just signed Jovetic for £8mill. Along with Sahko and some pretty cool youngins i've done some good business, but may look to bring in Suarez to play with Carroll as i have lost faith in Pav/Defoe.

Also trying to bring either Sissoko or N'Zonzi into the fray, but i may have too many centre mids that way as Sandro Ranieri Guimaraes Cordeiro is going to get one more season to prove his worth to the team. Still, Sissoko looks to have been retrained and is now a DMC/MC/AMR(?), so would be more versatile than N'Zonzi. Also have Diarra who was a waste of £7m but his influence and experience must count for something. Never bring a player from the French league who is over 27 to the premiership!

@ edgar555 How do you play Bale? Some phenomenal stats there! I'm guessing he takes set pieces?

AML Inside forward/support. Only tweak is wide play always set to moves into channels. He doesn't really take set pieces yet. He's 3rd or 4th in the pecking order for everything. Has scored a couple of screamiing free kicks but not many.

Dangit, Sissoko deal falls through as he moves the goalposts last minute, and Ajax won't sell Suarez for under £30mill despite him wanting to leave. So far in the 3rd season(yes i couldn't leave it), beaten Arse 2-1 at WHL thanks to a last minute Bale from close range, then 1-0 vs Everton, everyone was absolutley appalling but Bale again scored an 84th minute tap in.

I thought i was fairly content with striker options, but i'm really not liking the look of Defoe/Pav so far this season and pre-season, but once Carroll gets back it should be fine. He's too slow though, omly problem.

Selling Palacios to Hoffenheim for £8million might be a rueful decision since Sissoko fell through, but Sandro is gonna have to step up this season.

Injuries and that stupid olympic games threatened to derail our start to the season-But after going 1-0 down at newcastle i got a bit shouty at the players, who contrived to make things hard for themselves at Forest. In the end we cruised to a thoroughly undeserved 4-1 win though.

Definatley going to try and tie up a deal for Suarez in january though. Defoe and Pav are just not threatening enough for me. Also, VdV is looking abit off colour, perhaps it's third season syndrome? Anyway, unless he picks up i'm going to have to think about dropping the lad. We look abit too slow on the ball too compared to last season, although our passing game is great, but i need to inject some more pace and aggression into the team.

Oh yeah-transfers this summer were;

In-Jovetic 8m(Fiorentina), Erik Lamela 6m(River), Dennis Muller 3m(Werder), Mateo Kovavic 1.5m(Dinamo), Sahko free(PSG), Sanogo free(Auxerre), Alphonso Areola free(PSG)

Nothings spectacular, just some very good young talents, especially Lamela. I would have bought some senior players in but was very frustrated in the transfer market. Very, very difficult to get bids accepted/players signing contracts without giving them 5mill signing on fees. Oh well.

Out- Naughton 3m(Bolton), Palacios 8mill(Hoffenheim), Corluka 6m(Udinese), Khumalo 2.5m(Levante), Jenas free(W.B.A)

Would have kept Charley but for Kabouls brilliance at RB this and last season. Walker and Hutton are sufficient cover, although one will leave this season. Palacios obviously has some good qualities and might be missed, but i needed to make room for Sandro, and also Diarra didn't leave as i though he might so we have good cover there. Some nice business done i feel, i'm quite the wheeler deeler it seems

@Spud, have you thought about Lukaku to pair up with Defoe? Had him for three seasons now, 1st season 11 appearances, 4 goals, and 9 assists; 2nd 31, 25, 9; so far in the 3rd 7, 6, 1. Seems to be fairly reasonable on the contract front too, i'm only paying him 60k a week with 6k appearance and 6k goal, though i expect by this point in your game someone will have already bought him :(

I considered him but Chelsea bought him in the first available transfer window(Jan 2011). Although he got injured for along time and in 2 seasons has featured once for them, now available for loan. Scandalous waste of talent.

There are not too many strikers available to be fair, the ones that are better than Defoe/Pav are too pricey. But i am tracking Boubacar, and will try and get Suarez in january. I have some very good youths, like Kadlec and Sanogo, but they are inexperienced. My midfield scores the majority of my goals, no joke.

Anyway, this team are really coming into their own now. Sitting pretty in 1st place now in October, Bale, VdV, Modric, Thudd, Lennon all brilliant, and Sandro is starting to run things in midfield. Can defend and attack. Strongly recommend anyone give this guy a go, could save you a few bob! My defence is settled, Dawson is just immense. Most consistent player in the squad, getting over 7.20-50 per game. I'm glad i didn't tinker too much in the summer again, not getting Sissoko could be a silver lining, though i'd still like him in january. Diarra is strictly backup now, shame, i thought he could be our yaya toure :(

The title is within our grasp this season, everyone else is dropping points mwahaha. Oh and also i think i have found the long term players for this club-Kadlec, Sanogo, Lamela, D.Muller, Kovavic all showing our reserves what a player should be! Our youth system needs serious revamping

someone was discussing fullbacks, some names that might help out are M'Bengue(Toulouse though Arsenal usually grab him), Sime Vsajiko? who starts at Dinamo in Croatia, 17 but he looks immense and Serge Aurier who is also 17 at the start, starts at RC Lens. He should be a lot cheaper now, at the beginning he will cost a pretty penny. Of course someone like gregory Van Der Wiel might still be at Ajax.

I am in November in my game, first season, I have been starting Walker and he is doing a good job(avg rating 7 something), but I wanted to try another guy, and Van Der Wiel is coming in January. Thanks Mr Levy for that, so rotation or start Van Der Wiel?

@Spud, Babacar's good but you've got to watch out for his agent (if he's not sacked him yet) complete s**t, mad wage demands and when you negotiate he announces he won't discuss the contract anymore :(. I've noticed that the game seems to throw up quite a few good newgen strikers, so it might be more cost effcient for you to go hunting for them (some are good enough to start straight away in my game).

@AustSaint, Walkers doing alright for me in the 3rd season, rotate him with Corluka, not sure if he'll ever be outstanding but he might be worth keeping on, for me as the games develops my squad's becoming more of the Brazilian and Argentinian national team than English so it's nice to keep one or two English players around.

Randomly started a game unemployed to skip a few seasons to see if anything interesting happens. I ended my holiday with eight games left in the 2010/11 premier league season only to see brink of relegation Wolves had won the league cup. I thought that'd be interesting to see how they do in Europe and to see if they survive the drop. Anyway, after continuing a few times, Roberto Mancini got the sack from Man City and Harry Redknapp left Spurs for the job. Immediately I was offered the Spurs job so I took it.

Starting my game in fourth with two games left in the league one point infront of Chelsea. My remaining games are at home to expected champions Man Utd and away at rock bottom Blackburn. Chelsea play West Ham and West Brom. I know I must win both games to stay fourth.

Anyway, the most amazing thing I've ever seen for a while on FM happened. Championship relegated Scunthorpe WON the FA Cup final 2-0 against Middlesbrough. Their cup victims in order were Leeds, Stockport, Everton, Bolton and Chelsea!

http://img341.imageshack.us/i/scunthorpevmiddlesbroug.png/

ha, what a great time to take over the club, trying to secure that 4th spot. Wish i got offered more jobs like that in my saves.

Well, looks like it's going to be a 2 horse race between me and The Arse. Since their dreadful opening season, wenger has pulled out all the stops and they are currently the top team in England. Utd, City and Chelsea are all screwing up big time. I've had one too many draws for my liking, with top scorer Defoe scoring about one goal in every ten chances. Carroll has had injuries, but my squad is in good nick, apart from all my full backs being injured all the time, therefore Walker is at right back, he'll never make the grade imo but i will give him time.

We've not been on top form in my view, but we are still grinding out results, and concede few goals. We have lost twice all season, now in mid nov, to newcastle in the league and a thrilling 4-3 loss at Everton in the league cup with my youngins. Can't wait till the transfer window, the squad needs an injection. Ajax playing hardball with Suarez though. Might try Huntelaar#?

just popped in here to say i bought gareth bale for another team and trained him up in AMR position, it took a while for him to accomplish this position ( season & half ish ) but when i play him there and tell him to cut inside he is bloody superb, better then likes of ronaldo etc and scores a lot of goals and gets loads of assists , and thats without him taking corners or free kicks ( i have a wonderkid regen better in that appartment )

i know u lot probably couldnt care less about this and think it wudnt work but i would recommend trying this if u short of AMR'S cus he is really good in that position once trained there.

:)

Lee, great stuff there mate. I have tried him more than once in amr, but he never could do it there. I will consider him for that position though and give it a shot.

All kicking off here, we sloppily lost to bristol city 3-2, yes bristol city at their ground. Defence wa uncharacteristically awful, and i let the squad have the hairdryer treatment post match. Then i proceeded to tell andy carroll what i thought of his form this season. He didn't like it, so i placed him in the reserves until further notice. It's up to him whether there is way back, mainly because i'm not sure i'd recoup money for him. His explosive form last season has deserted him, after he came back injured from that numpty olympic games competition.

With Pavlyuchenko absolutley useless, i have to bring in a striker this winter! Still second in the league by 2 pts and beat barca 2-1 at the nou camp, so all to play for. Right, off to the pub to watch Spurs

Decided to play a Tottenham save next my main Lyon save. Have bought Rami, M'Bengue and Barrios for 27.5m and sold Jenas, Livermore, Smith, Parrett and Keane for 11m. I'm playing a 4231 and just beat Arsenal 1:0 in my first match. Gallas scored from a VDV corner.

Yep VDV can be a very useful player from dead ball situations, also seems good at long curling shots if the 3D match is anything to go by, only problem for me with him is that he's constantly getting injured. King's quite useful in the box too, gets a few headers for me ;) I should have bought a player like M'Bengue at the start, missed out now its the 3rd season :(

Just played those two games I had left, winning both of them. 3-2 at home to Man Utd and 2-0 away at Blackburn. Both were very tough games and Blackburn arguably could've won 2-0 aswell as they had the more shots on target despite our dominant possesion. Surprisingly we've ended up third in the league, not fourth as expected. I didn't notice we could actually finish in third because I was too busy concentration on what Chelsea were doing behind us. Liverpool who were third going into the last game of the season lost 1-0 away at Blackpool to a Charlie Adam penalty, so we just stole infront of them.

I will post an update of transfers during the summer window next.

Sitting top of the league again, as Arsenhole had a bad couple of results. Funny season really, Man Utd are going down the shi**er since Fergie left(we hammered them 5-1 at OT, i felt sorry for them), a Tony Mowbray managed Man City are storming Europe but are rubbish at home(i said he was a poor managerial choice in the press he he), Chelsea are also doing poorly despite having spend silly money in the summer, and West Brom are chasing a Champions league place with Newcastle and Liverpool....madness!!! I'd be disappointed if we didn't win the league this season. January transfer window round the corner, for once i am willing to spend some proper money to cement our status as no.1 club in england.

Gallas has decided to retire end of season. Hopefully Sahko can replace him, bedding him in now, because Willy and Dawson have been the rocks in our defense the past 3 seasons.

Truly is squeaky bum time. Arsenal are 3 pts behind me, with 18 or so games to go. Whats more is that Chelsea and man utd are undergoing miraculous recoveries and are back in with a shout for the title, but i think it will remain a two horser. Shame, as i had hoped to see West Brom and Newcastle in the Champ league next season.

Bad news though-My talisman and defensive linchpin Michael Dawson is out for 2-3 months, a killer blow seeing as though the aeging Gallas is coming apart at the seems and is picking up injuries. Kaboul gets injured every other game too. So perhaps a defender might be necesarry this winter.

Just loaned Suarez for a cool 1 million, and will buy at end of season for a further 15.5million. Good deal i think.

Unbelievable. I totally forgot about the ACON is in 2013 now, so i have no Kaboul, bassong, bae, pienaar. Why doesn't my secretary remind me about these things!!

I have Walker, Hutton, Gallas and Sahko as my only available defenders. Will try and get Richards in on loan, but otherwise i have the most threadbare squad, if any more players get injured i'm fooked!! Thudd will have to fill in if neccesary, or Diarra. Reckon i can hold off on the prem, but not sure how far i'm gonna get in europe with this squad

Oh lord, 14 games to go and this will likely go down to the wire. A last minute Tevez winner at Eastlands was a big blow in the race for the title. Incredibley open game, and since we needed a win to stay ahead of Arsenal, i decided to go all out attack. We were down in the 2nd minute. No matter, Defoe had us 2-1 up again just after half time, but before i could change anything around again Milner had equalised, and then a loose ball found it's way to the back of the net in the 93rd minute. Awful.

Still, 14 games to go and i'm sure Arsenal will slip up, but it means we have to be perfect. Suarez should be a good addition. Regarding Defoe, he has 14 in 22 premier league games now. It's not the goals he scores, however, it's the goals he doesn't. He had ample opportunity to put us 3-2 up. Ample!

We miss Dawson though, and with no BAE/Bassong, Kaboul has to come into central defence, and well, we are 'open as a barn door'.

Also we've not lost at WHL for over a year now :D

This is the most intense season yet! We've had some dodgy away form recently. Thumping Bolton 6-0 at home, and then not bothering to turn up at Fulham, who won 2-1, means that Arsenal are two point clear. Chelsea, who i slagged off only 2 weeks ago, are now 2 points behind me!! Good lord. I have to wrestle this title off Arsenal, even if it means discarding Champions league and FA cup success, because we have some injury problems now, and only have 18 fit senior players left. Down to the bare bones here-Lennon, VdV, Gallas, Dawson all out for some weeks, which means alos that we are defensivley frail, despite holding the best defense record in the prem. Nonethless Kaboul is everpresent and solid as always, Sahko less so but it is his first season so...

Now i have a double header with Bayern in the 1st knockout stages. We beat them on route to the final last year so should be a close match. Can we cope with Europe and Premiership footy? We're about to find out.

I haven't enjoyed this season as much as the previous two seasons, i've kept me head down and not bothered browsing for players or looking at other leagues. Usually i'd watch a faie few matches across the continent, but there's just no time!! Come on lads, let's here your updates, i'm holding my own here!

Exciting season there Robert.

Just kicked off the 2011/12 season and we're going strong, winning the opening three games (Stoke, Blackpool, and Wolves) with ease. Unforntunately Man City, Liverpool, and Arsenal won all theirs too.

Only brought in two players during the transfer window despite having £28million to spend, they were Alex Smithies for £1.1million and a player I've heard little about called Franco Jara for £12million p/ex (a Harry signing called Pineda who was rotting in the reserves). Smithies will act as backup to Gomes as Cudicini left in the summer. Franco Jara is nothing spectacular to look at but he sure did bang them in for Benfica, scoring 26 goals in 29 games, so I snapped him based purely on his goal scoring form to see if he carries it over. He started in those three games I've played and only scored one, but that goal came in the last game so hopefully he starts putting them away now.

Harry brought in six absolutely awful players last season, most of which were thirty years old or more, so I got rid of all of those and some deadwood.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4586/tottenhamhotspurtransfe.png

Typical Arry eh'. He does know a player but sometimes he gets it a bit wrong. He basically loves any decent English player.

Well, the pressure is on. Gone back top of the league, Arse playing Chelsea tomorrow so will love a draw there. Amazingly Chelsea and Mand utd, who looked absolutley buried a few months ago, have come back into the race. Top 4 is nailed on pretty much, as a brilliantly 5th placed Bolton will not offer much threat. I will say however that there is a HUGE gap of quality between the top 4 and the rest, apart from City. We bombarded Bolton 6-0 and Newcastle 5-0, so hopefully next season these clubs can buy even better players or get taken over and spend some money.

Just beat Liverpool 2-0 quite comfortabley by overloading from the first minute. I hate waiting games. Anyway Surez finally got a proper premier league start and scored em both. His touch and control is sublime, really a class above my other strikers, although i played him as an inside forward on the right. Beat Bayern 2-1 at the lane, the second round to come.

Just about to hit the Jan window in my first season and after a promising start things are starting to stall. Having led the league by 12 points at the end of November, I now sit 4 points behind Chelsea with the Mans C and U only a win away from ovetaking me after a series of draws and staggeringly mediocre performances. I am still unbeaten in the league, and in all cups with my single loss coming away to Lyon in the CL group stages which very nearly cost me qualification - instead I scrapped a draw at home to Schalke and have Inter in the next round.

In:

Rodwell

Lukaku

Out:

Hutton

Jenas (Loan)

Been playing in a 4-2-3-1 since the start of the season and got off to a good start winning all but 3 games (draws) until mid-November but since then I have 4 draws in the league, a loss the Lyon and taken to extra time by N Forrest in the cup.

GK - Gomes

RB - Kaboul & Corluka made good starts but Walker has made the role his own

RCB - Corluka moved in after Dawson suspension and has been immense

LCB - Gallas has performed admirably with Bassong the best alternative

LB - BAE has also been immense but lost his place to Bassong after injury - BAE just hasn't been the same player since.

CM - Rodwell has performed well as defensive midfielder - Sandro has been a perfect back-up and is pushing for a start

CM - Huddlestone has a good partnership with Rodwell and is keeping out Palacios

AMR - Lennon has been a bit up & down - a couple of amazing performances - and 2 hat-tricks amongst some average 7s.

AMC - VdV has only been so-so and is regularly being outperformed by Modric

AML - Bale has struggled to show his real-life form and even Bentley has been better on the left

St - Defoe and Crouch had good starts but fell away. Pav really came into his own before a 4 week injury at the start of December

Now heading into the Jan transfer window with injuries to Bale, Pav, Kranjcar, Dawson, BAE. King & VdV both suspended for two matches and none of my strikers able to score, to the point where Lukaku is fast becoming my first choice backed up by Kane. After a bright start I am really struggling to get the best from the attacking midfield whilst the defense has started to leak goals - 9 conceded in the league and 5 of those in December - although I am sure the injury/suspension forced rotations haven't helped matters.

I have been quite impressed with some of the youth players - Kane and the Kyles in particular who have done admirable jobs filling in for injury, and in Walker's case, actually holding a first team place with him and Corluka easily being the best players over the last few games. Only have £1m left for Jan after buying Rodwell & Lukaku in July but hoping a bit of spring cleaning may free up some more funds - probably get rid of a CB as Rodwell and Huddlestone have both been trained up as adequate cover and that may also free up a midfield playmaker role for Modric. Also looking to offload Keane who has been useless in front of goal and has spent more time covering for Lennon on the right than as a striker.

Good stuff there. Keep chipping away and a top 4 finish is yours, and hopefully a title challenge/win, European run! Good luck selling Keane, with his wages it is very hard, as Newcastle are the only team who would pay them. As for Bale, he performs much better for me further up the pitch, as an inside forward/move into channels, or a Winger/support/attack. He is my best player as it happens, alongside Dawson.

Good that you have Modric playing well, because he is a hard one to get more than an average rating for. This is due to VdV being in the squad, so Modders get's overshadowed and no room for him to play his advanced playmaker role. VdV is just too important. Drags me through matches at times.

Anyway, i'm through to the CL quarters after neutralising Bayern at the Allianz Areana. They did have a legitimate goals disallowed however but who am i to complain. 2-1 on aggregate.

Who am i playing? Arsenhole of course :D

I think I just messed up re-signing Kranjcar because I accidentally pressed "Walk Away"...****.

On a more positive note: Crouch gets his first start of the season on Jan 1, against Everton. Scores two goals and gets an assist. I think he wants to play some more. :p

Edit: I think I need some advice here. I could try and sign Mikel, but the midfield is currently pretty crowded, with Casemiro, Palacios, Huddlestone and Sandro all after the one DM spot I use. I'm thinking let Sandro's contract expire, sell off Huddlestone, and keep the other two, with Mikel. After typing this, I'm fairly certain that I'm going to do it, but I need someone to tell me that's a good idea or something. Not entirely sure why I've put this here. :p

I think I just messed up re-signing Kranjcar because I accidentally pressed "Walk Away"...****.

On a more positive note: Crouch gets his first start of the season on Jan 1, against Everton. Scores two goals and gets an assist. I think he wants to play some more. :p

Edit: I think I need some advice here. I could try and sign Mikel, but the midfield is currently pretty crowded, with Casemiro, Palacios, Huddlestone and Sandro all after the one DM spot I use. I'm thinking let Sandro's contract expire, sell off Huddlestone, and keep the other two, with Mikel. After typing this, I'm fairly certain that I'm going to do it, but I need someone to tell me that's a good idea or something. Not entirely sure why I've put this here. :p

Do you mean you sold Kranjcar and tried to get him back or you offered him a new contract? Either way you should be fine, just try again in a few weeks.

By the way what season are you in? In any case, i STRONGLY reccomend that you don't let Sandro's contract run down, give him a new one, and start playing him. He's better than Mikel, Casemiro and Palacios, and well, he's too different to Thudd to compare. I'm in my third season, and i hardly played Sandro for the first two. A deal to sign Sissoko or N'Zonzi fell trhough, so i decided to give Sandro a shot at making it, and he has been really excellent in midfield for me. He is good going back and going forward. I will post a screeny if i find out how how to :up:

In 23 league appearances he's made 10 assists and scored 4 goals. Not bad for a 23yr old defensive midfielder.

He has better stats, but I just can't get him to consistently do well! I know he should be playing better, but for some reason he isn't. I've always had problems with that, tbh. The better player that just won't perform.

It seems that Sandro has better physical stats, but Mikel has better technical and mental ones. I would think that favors Sandro, but Huddlestone, who has the same stats as Mikel, just a bit less here and there, performs much better than Sandro. I suppose I can put off that decision until someone attempts to sign Sandro.

Oh, and just beat Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates. Pretty much dominated the match, Bale hit the crossbar twice off of ridiculously good free kicks, but it took a penalty from Pastore to win it. Somehow Pastore snuck himself onto my penalty taking list, I don't remember putting him there. :p

Goodness gracious, lads, i know it's only a game, but i am on the edge of my seat here. Arsenal just will not lose, which means i cannot slip up and keep having to win to keep up. I think the tension is getting to my players, but at WBA we go 1-0 down, then 2-1 up, then 2-2, then i throw the kitchen sink at it, and Alou Diarra of all people sneak in for an 88th minute winner. Lovelly assist by suarez and two goals to go with it. Class player.

Olypus- Thing about Sandro is that he needs games. But it depends on the system you play- If he doesn't fit, he doesn't fit. I love the fella though, and will save me £15million on the likes of M'Vila. How do you guys sign players like Pastore!? It's all we'll sell for £40million over here. Except for Suarez, who i was quoted £40million for, so i sneakily asked to loan him for £1mill, with a view to a further £15.5 end of season, which is a bargain, because he now has 7 in 7 games. Absolutley brilliant. Keeping a very potent scorer in Defoe out the team, although they link well.

I picked up Pastore for a ridiculous £32.5m. No regrets on that front, tbh. Currently loving how van der Vaart can go in and score, whereas Pastore can go in and make a goal out of nothing. I think I seriously underestimated just how good Pastore is in this game. It makes a nice combo for those opposing teams to deal with. :)

I also just got Mikel for £4.5m. I'll figure out which midfielder to let go later. Got one awesome question in the press conference:

"Chelsea supporters certainly weren't happy with Mikel's decision to sign for their bitter rivals, but how do you think your support will react to the player joining the club?"

"I think John Obi will be welcomed with open arms by fans who believe he has joined the right club."

I should probably mention I'm a Chelsea fan, so that factored into my decision to sign him.

Good things you put that under spoilers! Funny seeing a Chelsea fan managing Spurs, but there was an Arsenal one in here too. He he, all secretley love the Spurs. Although i have toyed with the idea of doing an Arsenal save, Chelsea too. Hell, even a West Ham save.

If i get a big transfer kitty this summer, Hernandez or Cavani are top of my lists

Tbh, I find Spurs to be in an interesting position IRL. They're sort of in the middle of the "best" teams and everyone else, but most assuredly trending upwards. I thought it would be a fun challenge, and so far it is. Plus, the other choice I had was Liverpool. :D

I've just discovered both Ashley Cole and Ivanovic's contracts expiring. Maybe I'll make a go. After that, I can just pick up Essien, Drogba, Terry, Malouda and Ramires, and my team will be perfect! :p

lol, you're all at it!

Olypus, i'd leave out Ramires if i'm being honest. The rest would be great though, seeing as how they're all quite a bit overrated on FM :D

And we have Dawson, so Terry not necessary. In my save, it is going down to the wire. Arsenal finally dropped points at home to Forest, and we clung on to a 2-1 at Villa Park. They hit the bar in the last minute from 6yards out. We're now 1 point ahead of Arsenhole, except we have to play Chelsea and Man utd. Very tricky. I hate Arsenal in this game, they always have the lucky draws, and i always get chelsea last game of the season

Well, I've begun a Spurs save as I suffered from third-season syndrome in my Athletic save and got sacked, so I began anew with Spurs. I've brought in Lukaku and Fernando Llorente with Keane and Pavlyuchenko going out on loan-to-buy deals. I also have brought in a few good young players- I'll post screens soon.

In the league I am in 4th place after 5 matches with 4 wins and one loss (the loss was an embarassing 4-1 home defeat to Bolton). I have qualified for the Champ's League group stages, and lost my first match 1-0 away to Valencia. I just got knocked out of the Carling Cup in my first match 4-2 away at Newcastle, but I don't really mind as it will do away with some of the match congestion.

Just wondering- why does Tottenham have a third thread???

Good season nontheless Skeletore, what's your squad like and who you looking to bring in? Be good to see peoples squads. I am also planning a clear out this summer, which will bring a tear to my-hate seeing my boys leave :)

I'm through to the Semi final of the champo league, after beating the scum 1-0 at home, then losing 2-1 away, thus going through on away goals. Was a very tight match, would love to see us play them in this yrs CL(IRL). Anyway, the league is most important for this season, must win it!

Well, I've begun a Spurs save as I suffered from third-season syndrome in my Athletic save and got sacked, so I began anew with Spurs. I've brought in Lukaku and Fernando Llorente with Keane and Pavlyuchenko going out on loan-to-buy deals. I also have brought in a few good young players- I'll post screens soon.

In the league I am in 4th place after 5 matches with 4 wins and one loss (the loss was an embarassing 4-1 home defeat to Bolton). I have qualified for the Champ's League group stages, and lost my first match 1-0 away to Valencia. I just got knocked out of the Carling Cup in my first match 4-2 away at Newcastle, but I don't really mind as it will do away with some of the match congestion.

Just wondering- why does Tottenham have a third thread???

I think the others got deleted somehow. Llorente is a good player, wish i bought him instead of the tempermental Carroll. A pairing of Llorente and Suarez would rock!

Got CSKA Moscow in the semis of champions league. Would have preferred Real madrid to be honest, Russia is a long way to go

I think the others got deleted somehow. Llorente is a good player, wish i bought him instead of the tempermental Carroll. A pairing of Llorente and Suarez would rock!

I don't have Suarez and don't really plan to get him- I'm only playing with one striker at the moment, Llorente is the lone supporting TM and I rotate Crouch into that role with Lukaku sometimes playing as a complete FW; I don't really know what to do with Defoe, as he doesn't fit well into my system. If this formation doesn't work, though, I may look into a formation with a second striker!

In 8 Appearances (all comps), Llorente only has two goals, but, judging from what I see in the ME, I think this is due to him not being settled yet, as sometimes he looks lost and out of position, something that rarely happened in my Athletic saves.

David Bentley is an assclown who needs to learn to cross the ball to my target man instead of taking shots from impossible angles.

On the other hand, Van der Vaart has yet to score for me (he takes lots of long shots) but has won a number of MoM awards and does well with assists.

Archived