Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get nervous about Wednesday already icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

Fingers crossed on Eboue and Cesc. I do think we'll cope better without Cesc than without Eboue, the back four are all playing so well at the moment we really don't want to break it up especially when there are question marks over the players who would come in. Plus I think Diaby has shown enough potential to suggest he could cope if he has to come in.

Also good to see Edu finally made his debut for Valencia, hopefully he'll do well if he can stay fit. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

and the strong rumour of who the first opponents for the sell out game will be is Rangers.

Which guarantees a sell out which is what the club want, but also guarantees the stadium will be half full of drunk scotsmen plssing everywhere bar the toilets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dear god...oh well as long as Ter stays well away ill be happy icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdL:

Fit to go, doens't nescessarily mean they will start </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its better than nothing icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdL:

Fit to go, doens't nescessarily mean they will start </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either way it's a morale boost.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

and the strong rumour of who the first opponents for the sell out game will be is Rangers.

Which guarantees a sell out which is what the club want, but also guarantees the stadium will be half full of drunk scotsmen plssing everywhere bar the toilets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that be as a result of the "Friends from the North" programme piece that was written a couple of weeks ago?

Rangers v Arsenal used to be an annual tradition - time it was brought back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The reserves drew 2-2 tonight, Larsson and Muamba got the goals. Looks likes Gilbert got another 90 minutes under his belt as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matthew Connolly MOM as well from what i heard

I'm not too bad today - the news about Fabregas & Eboue seems positive.

I've come into work today to take my mind off it - but as it's the Easter Holidays I have the rest of the next fortnight off - so tomorrow I'll have loads of time to think about it - I will literally be shaking from about 4pm in anticipation!

Imagine what we'll be like if we get through! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Arsenal are being tipped to make a fresh move on the French market with Rennes forward Yoann Gourcuff the latest bright young thing to come under Arsene Wenger's gaze.

The Gunners have former star Gilles Grimandi scouring Le Championnat and its lower leagues for burgeoning talent and he has now spotted Gourcuff.

Grimandi, who played a major role in Arsenal's swoop for Abou Diaby from Auxerre in January, is understood to be taking a keen interest in French Under-21 ace and he watched him in action against Toulouse at the weekend.

The right-sided 19-year-old is already attracting attention from Ligue 1 giants Monaco and has even been shown around the facilities at the Stade Louis II, while Milan and Juventus have also been alerted to his progress.

The rival interest, though, is unlikely to deter Wenger who is the master at raiding his homeland - with Emmanuel Adebayor another arrival from across The Channel at the beginning of the year.

Gourcuff has come through the youth ranks at The Stade de la Route-de-Lorient and made his first team bow in 2004.

His major breakthrough has come this season as has started 24 games and bagged six goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not the first time we've been linked with this guy.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Awesome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is amazing.

I'm far too nervous already and can't stop thinking that we are going to let in an early goal and get walloped for some reason. I don't like it.

I'm stupidly nervous considering the game is over 24 hours away. :-\

Always happens to me with big games I start off confident and the closer the game gets the more nervous I get. At this rate I'll be a jibbering wreck by kickoff. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

we're gonna do yas sunday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And? They are all handing us 4th, and we have important games coming up fella. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

we're gonna do yas sunday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have bigger fish to fry son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you and Keyser?

Archived