[FM11] Cymru fo am byth! (Prestatyn)

DSYoungEsq

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, maybe it's just my opinion, but I would keep going for the Champions League group stage. I think the financial compensation would really help you build better facilities and hopefully get better youth prospects to the club. Worst case like Flamers said you have increased rep and can sign better players. I don't even rely on my youths in China but as long as I keep winning and pumping money into youth facilities, we'll get better youths...eventually. :p

Sad to say, the UCL group competition is not in this year's cards. Updates to come later, but we got dumped out at the playoff stage by a very plucky side from Cyprus. And getting out of our EURO Cup group may take some work, too, with AS Roma, Braga, and Saint-Etienne in with us. :eek:

Nah, can't happen; those would all be Pot 1 teams (well, maybe pot 2 in Juve's case :p).

The real danger is the one I face this year: a secondary team from Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga or Serie A or La Liga. Since those leagues aren't loaded, they get chosen "randomly" by the program to represent their country in Europe, and will play with "grey" players and "important" players whose abilities will be consistent with other teams from those leagues. But if they haven't been chosen often enough to represent the country, their coefficient will be low, and they won't be properly seeded.

Saint-Etienne this year is a classic example. They are seeded #3, because their coefficient is less than half that of PSG (who you will recall I faced in the EURO Cup group two years ago), as they have been selected to represent France in Europe only once in the last five years (as opposed to the three times PSG has been selected). Yet I can bet their players are on a par with PSG, so the result when I face them will be much the same (PSG, as you will recall, handled me pretty effectively). Indeed, this is their "grey" right back, who would be at home on any Ligue 1 team except the top two or three. :(

Wish me luck!

Not sure if this would be possible but: Utd, Chelsea and Juve.. or Utd, Real and Juve, that would be cruel...

Flamers

It's impossible to have 2 teams from the same nation in the group stage anyways.

That's the life of having an inactive league DSYoungEsq...grey teams from inactive leagues are hard to beat imo..

Prestatyn_Town.png

Ready for a big year - Preseason report - 2019/10

19psmatches.png

My squad at start of season.

The Reserves.

The “Youth”; the statistics are from whatever Saturday Night friendlies they got into.

Europe:

So far, not bad. We were seeded in the top half of the UCL 2nd Qual. Rd. draw, and were handed a lengthy trek to Kostanay, Kazakhstan to play FC Tobyl. This tie went well, with a comfortable home win and a very nice away smashing of the opponents. Then, we got drawn against Mittetulundusühing Jalgpalliklubi Football Club Flora of Tallinn, Estonia. THAT did not go so well; we got beaten down pretty good in Tallinn, as they scored twice with a sneaky little poacher bagging both goals. Fortunately, three of our 28(!) shots at home managed to go in, and we didn't yield any there, so we were through, to the surprise of the local newsies, who you would think would be a bit more aware of the competence of the home side!

For the playoff, we were again seeded in the top-half, which was good (I definitely didn't want to face any of the three top-rated clubs!). The bad news was that Sparta Prague and FC Timişoara were both seeded in the bottom half, and I knew they would be tough for us. Fortunately, I think, we were picked to play APOEL of Nicosia (CYP). I say “I think” because I've gotten some word on their players and they are not bad at all. You'd think a small island like Cyprus would have trouble growing really good players, but apparently not.

Home Front:

Odds on favs again, again.

The friendly season went pretty good. We only struggled with Hibernian, and losing to them 1-2, even in a friendly, is not a bad day's work. The highlight was the 7-0 humiliation of Leyton Orient, managed by my “B” team (the Saturday Night Specials :D). But that game did highlight a worrying trend. We can smash a lot of shots, but we find it difficult to finish them. And it's not because they are all coming from outside the area; we're getting plenty of close in shots as well.

Far more important than the results of our friendlies is the result of our continued mining of the transfer markets. For the first time in a long while, I've managed to pick up some healthy additions to the squad after the start of the new season.

Cornelius Payne – DC:

This young gem was cut from Liverpool at the end of last season. My scout reported he was easily a 4.5 star potential, and Championship clubs were circling. He took my offer over those clubs, noting his desire to work for ME (proud beaming face smiley here). Of course, he's not 4.5 stars as it turns out, but he's a good talent and he will hopefully allow me to let go the undependable Josh Kay.

Kevin Irvine – M/AM RC:

This is the best player I've ever signed. He cost me a small fortune, he's breaking the bank at $5K a week, and he'll force me to pay others on the squad major raises when they get wind of his salary, but he is truly worth it, I predict. He definitely lets me put Kieran Djilali on the left side of the field, which he prefers. A midfield trio of this guy, Djilali, and Dean Young is a midfield with quality. The WPL doesn't stand a chance against them, and we may be able to shock some Euro sides when they are all settled in with each other.

In other news, I finally go the Board to agree to improve our training facilities. Every little bit helps. It's a long, slow haul, but the pension fund was just sitting there, so...

Finances, which I've decided not to let worry me. As long as we keep doing as well in Europe as we are, we're going to pull in $5M a year in prize money or more, sufficient to keep my club wealthy for a long time. It had better, given that we are still only pulling in 44 season ticket holders a year (no increase in 10 years!). But we did have our largest attendance year ever last season, when the Europe ties were included in the averages. Progress, I guess.

The club is in good condition. I've hired club icon Stuart Fleetwood as a scout, mostly as a payback for his years of help to us. He's scouting Russia at the moment, for all the good it would do us. I managed my 400th game against Tobyl, just a drop in the bucket compared to how long I intend to be here.

Prestatyn_Town.png

Not quite so miraculous - European qualifying report - 2019/10

19eqmatches.png

Our run through the UCL was terminated rather ruthlessly by APOEL of Nicosia (CYP). Although we managed to make it respectable with the 3-2 return leg, our failure to score in Nicosia forced us to keep them out of the net at home, or beat them by 3 goals, which we were never likely to do. So we were dropped from the UCL to the EURO Cup, just as happened two years ago.

Unlike two years ago, the draw there was NOT friendly. We were drawn into a group with some heavy hitters; AS Roma, AS Saint-Etienne, and Braga (POR). Of the three, Braga is probably our best hope, despite their #2 seed, for points. Saint-Etienne are only seeded third because they've not been picked to be in Europe for France as often as other clubs; they have all the quality of many other Ligue 1 sides.

I'm not displeased, despite this draw. I'm not out to win these competitions yet (obviously!), and although Spring European football would be fun to play, it would certainly crowd our fixture list. For now, I'm content to soak up the experience of group play, and make little inroads into the conscience of the European players. It can't hurt to be seen on the Continent.

Like the look of those signings. I definitely agree you shouldn't worry too much about finances - that $7m profit from last season should keep you going for a good while, especially considering you'll keep bringing in European money. I bet you could even go a couple of seasons without reaching a European group stage if necessary - though of course, hopefully it won't be!

I always like to sign former players as staff, particularly when they've been a big part of the club for a while. :thup:

I had more season ticket holders at the start of my Tord career than you do now:confused: crazy considering you've been in Europe for quite a few seasons now.

The tie against Flora must have been a pretty big scare but congratz on turning it around in the 2nd leg. Tough Euro group but I have a sneaky feeling you'll make it to the knockouts. Good Luck:thup:

Threaten those fans! Tell them that only season ticket holders will get a ticket to the Euro group matches. Or tell your board to use some of those 12 million pounds to build a huge fence around the stadium. If he complains about the exorbitant cost then I'm sure since your chairman is probably a cheap coldblooded b*st*rd like they nearly all are he should have no problem hiring a sniper to take out that freeloading group watching from the nearby bluff.

The loss against Nicosia was unfortunate! I've always found that despite coming from a country so small, Cypriot teams always seem to have relatively strong teams, so it wasn't too bad a result. At least you beat them in the home leg :). That does seem like a relatively difficult draw, with AS Roma being a Champions League standard team, but you could get two wins over Braga, and you never know, Saint-Etienne aren't exactly a household name, you could sneak a win or two from them as well.

I'm glad to see that you're finally bringing in some decent looking players, and I really feel your pain about the wage inflation. Just had to fork out £8.5 K per week to secure the signing of a 20 year old!! I can only imagine what that does to your finances, especially with the attendance. :eek:

Tough couple of games against the Cypriots. As other people have said, I also found that the Cypriots always have some good players. And tough group draw in the UEFA Cup too :(. Like you said though, soak up the experience of group play, and make little inroads into the conscience of the European players. You're right...It can't hurt to be seen on the Continent.

Prestatyn_Town.png

On the cusp of something great - The 2019-20 Mid-Mid-Season Report

19mmmatches.png

19mmwpltable.png

Our position graph.

The squad

The Youth.

Europe:

Not going to talk about this too much, for fear of jinxing the situation. Saint-Etienne have proved to be the class of the group through four games, winning every one, while Roma have only beaten us, and managed one drawn result with Braga (at Rome no less!), and Braga have only the two draws (Roma and us) to show for their efforts. This leaves us with the chance of actually finishing 2nd, though to do it we have to get at least a tie with Roma in Rome, and hope that Braga take Roma down on the last day. Pipe dreams, they call this sort of thinking.

The matches against Roma and Saint-Etienne were our usual European effort. We can throw up barricades in front of goal and usually keep the opposition at bay, but don't really offer much threat to their goals. But when we went to Braga I decided to test whether we had the chops to hang with the big boys. Mostly this was the result of devil-may-care thinking. I figured that if we couldn't pull a result from Braga, it wouldn't matter much if we got crushed for our temerity to challenge them, since finishing the group with 0 pts. and a GD of -7 or with a GD of -17 doesn't really matter. I'm glad I decided to take the challenge. We actually were the dominant team in the second game at Bastion Gardens. When it comes to Portuguese teams, we seem to have it sorted.

Home Front:

The domestic front has been quite easy, and we are in our best position yet at this point in a dual campaign (leading with two games in hand). The loss to Airbus will hopefully get us out of complacent mode, and spur us to finish the season off in style. I'd like to wrap it up for once with five or more games to go (we've done four twice).

Finances. Nothing to worry about.

Club Overview. No worries here either. But the natives are restless; several are whining about leaving for bigger clubs. I figure money will solve that issue.

Like the look of those signings. I definitely agree you shouldn't worry too much about finances - that $7m profit from last season should keep you going for a good while, especially considering you'll keep bringing in European money. I bet you could even go a couple of seasons without reaching a European group stage if necessary - though of course, hopefully it won't be!

I always like to sign former players as staff, particularly when they've been a big part of the club for a while.

I've started worrying less about finances. For one thing, if I don't spend on players, we'll be back where we were years ago, and that's not the plan. Further, I'm convinced we will usually be in group play from now on, and as you point out, we'll survive a year without just fine. As for Fleetwood the "Scout", I'm just afraid that being soft here will mean every former player will want to freeload while "scouting" Italy.
That's another tough EURO group you've got. If you're lucky, you might be able to get a couple of snatch 'n' run victories and sneak 2nd place.
Prescient, I hope! ;)
All of those groups look hard I wouldn't like to be in any of them!
Yeah, there weren't any real patsy groups, but ours was, I thought, especially hard.
I had more season ticket holders at the start of my Tord career than you do now:confused: crazy considering you've been in Europe for quite a few seasons now.

The tie against Flora must have been a pretty big scare but congratz on turning it around in the 2nd leg. Tough Euro group but I have a sneaky feeling you'll make it to the knockouts. Good Luck

I'm afraid that season tix holders may not change much for a while, though at least my attendance is up. Remember: season tix don't get European game privileges.
Threaten those fans! Tell them that only season ticket holders will get a ticket to the Euro group matches. Or tell your board to use some of those 12 million pounds to build a huge fence around the stadium. If he complains about the exorbitant cost then I'm sure since your chairman is probably a cheap coldblooded b*st*rd like they nearly all are he should have no problem hiring a sniper to take out that freeloading group watching from the nearby bluff.
<LOL> I had a VERY vivid vision of this, and had to put the laptop down from laughing.
The loss against Nicosia was unfortunate! I've always found that despite coming from a country so small, Cypriot teams always seem to have relatively strong teams, so it wasn't too bad a result. At least you beat them in the home leg. That does seem like a relatively difficult draw, with AS Roma being a Champions League standard team, but you could get two wins over Braga, and you never know, Saint-Etienne aren't exactly a household name, you could sneak a win or two from them as well.

I'm glad to see that you're finally bringing in some decent looking players, and I really feel your pain about the wage inflation. Just had to fork out £8.5 K per week to secure the signing of a 20 year old!! I can only imagine what that does to your finances, especially with the attendance.

I've just gotten resigned to the fact I'm eventually going to have to work it that I have a squad of $5K/wk men to play in Europe, with a bunch of $2K/wk guys filling the gaps. That's why I'm hoping the youth products start stepping up to the plate, cause they are much cheaper!
Tough couple of games against the Cypriots. As other people have said, I also found that the Cypriots always have some good players. And tough group draw in the UEFA Cup too :(. Like you said though, soak up the experience of group play, and make little inroads into the conscience of the European players. You're right...It can't hurt to be seen on the Continent.
The Cypriots have managed a win in their UCL group, against Catania (ITA). Hell, I think *WE* could have taken down Catania. :mad:

I'm kind of shocked now whenever you actually lose a game against Welsh opposition! :p Great results against Braga - even if you don't quite manage to get into 2nd place, I think you can still count this as a good European season. I have a sneaking feeling that this might be your season for spring European football though.

Club Overview. No worries here either. But the natives are restless; several are whining about leaving for bigger clubs. I figure money will solve that issue.

In my experience, sometimes money solves the problem - and sometimes it doesn't. It depends a lot on the players and the club, but I've definitely lost some good players on FM11 to free transfers because they wanted to move to a bigger club and so simply refused to negotiate a new contract, even though I was prepared to pay them way more than they were earning already. I'm hoping that with steady European progress and a bunch of European money sloshing around the club's bank account, that won't be the case for you! :thup:

One tiny housekeeping note (and I hate to do this on a post you didn't have to edit for an unclosed tag! :p ) - the link to the squad screenshot has an extra [ /url ] which is breaking the link. :thup: At least this proves I'm really reading it carefully!

Prestatyn_Town.png

Success is relative - European group play report - 2019/20

19eurocupgroupmatches.png

Well, we accomplished more than I had hoped this year, when I saw the draw. I had considered it likely we would finish 4th again, with maybe a stolen draw or two to show for our money. However, as it turned out, we not only finished 3rd in the group, we were far from the worst 3rd place team in the competition.

Groups A-D

Groups E-H

Groups I-L

The win against Braga was obviously impressive, but I will nominate the drawn result against Saint-Etienne as our best overall performance. That team had allowed only 2 goals in five games prior to our last match, and we knocked in three, two of which were real crackers of goals. If we hadn't conceded a needless penalty about 2/3rds of the way through the game (poor Grant Basey, pressed into service for the game because of injuries to both starting center fullbacks, was simply not up to the task), we might well have held on to record a famous victory. As it was, the opponents were really tasked to pull out their point. Nor were they playing a “B” team.

So the learning experience has ended once again for the semester. Now we go back home and put into practice what we learned. Hopefully, we've also managed to teach the Europeans that coming to Bastion Gardens is not a walk in the park for them.

I'm kind of shocked now whenever you actually lose a game against Welsh opposition! :p Great results against Braga - even if you don't quite manage to get into 2nd place, I think you can still count this as a good European season. I have a sneaking feeling that this might be your season for spring European football though.

In my experience, sometimes money solves the problem - and sometimes it doesn't. It depends a lot on the players and the club, but I've definitely lost some good players on FM11 to free transfers because they wanted to move to a bigger club and so simply refused to negotiate a new contract, even though I was prepared to pay them way more than they were earning already. I'm hoping that with steady European progress and a bunch of European money sloshing around the club's bank account, that won't be the case for you! :thup:

One tiny housekeeping note (and I hate to do this on a post you didn't have to edit for an unclosed tag! :p ) - the link to the squad screenshot has an extra [ /url ] which is breaking the link. :thup: At least this proves I'm really reading it carefully!

Thanks for the housekeeping note! It's amazing that I managed to put too many of those in, for a change!

I've renegotiated the contracts of the whiners; we'll see if that puts an end to the issue. I'm figuring not; when a League 1 side from England wants you, and you spend half your year playing the likes of Carmarthen and Afan Lido, you're probably not that likely to want to stay in Wales. <sigh>

I think I could have really challenged for getting out of groups D, H and J this season. That's an indication we're pretty good these days. It's hard to know just how good when you keep looking at players from teams in Europe whose attribute graphs look ginormous compared to the little things your team has! But I've come to believe that, in Irvine and Djilali, I actually have players who could compete in the Championship in England, which is saying a lot.

Prestatyn_Town.png

The 2019-20 Mid-Season Report

19msmatches.png

19mswpltable.png

Our position graph.

The Squad

The squad's overall stats.

The Youth.

The League no longer is a challenge for us. We will finish the League with three or four draws, and one defeat. I'm very close to being able to put together a season of nothing but wins. Can't imagine that makes the other WPL teams happy.

I'm trying to upgrade the squad this January, but so far it's been more an instance of simply holding firm, as some of my secondary players attract interest from bigger clubs. James Bloom wasn't starting for me any more (Bergsma is better), so when Forest Green came sniffing, I let him go. I then replaced him with the slightly better Paul Dummett. I've also let a few no-longer-able-to-keep-up-with-the-team players go (Henley DR, and James Y6b x GK). None of my other intakes has been particularly stellar in my opinion, though the Ass. Man. Catlin insists that Antony Farley – ST has the potential to be a world beater (none of the other coaches rate him higher than three stars).

I did loan from Blackburn a central back, Tom Williamson, because I was getting a bit thin in quality defense, and I'd like to see if this guy would be worth a bid when his contract expires in June and Blackburn don't renew. I've also added a very young striker with potential, Ian Cook; not sure how much of that he'll get to show, but he does have the benefit of being a U-19 player, which makes him good for the sub bench in WPL games (quota of 2 U-19s required).

Joe Morris Y5 was Welsh Young Player of the Year for 2019, the second year running. He's not getting as much playing time now that Irvine is in the squad, but apparently what he gets is enough. I'll probably let him go soon to someone in the WPL if they ask; it's time that league's top teams got significantly better, and my castoffs will do the trick.

Finances.

Club Overview. Total wage bill this year will be something like $2.5M. That's a lot of beans. Almost makes me wish for the days when we were lucky to spend $500K in a year.

Almost. :D

Grats on another treble, and sone important European wins to grow your status.

KUTGW

How is the prize money going, any increases yet?

Also with $15m in the bank have you got State of the art facilities yet?

Prestatyn_Town.png

When will they name the trophies after us? - The 2019-20 End of Season Report

19eosmatches.png

19eoswpltablefinal.png

The Position Graph. I've added Afan Lido, who have become a credible force these last couple of years.

The Welsh Cup (last four rounds)

The League Cup

The Squad.

The Squad's stats (combined).

The Reserves. These are people on the way out; a few have had great careers here!

The Youth Rated.

Piled Higher and Deeper. We had our fifth straight WPL Championship sewn up before February was even over. The two losses in the last stage of the WPL season both came after that point, when it became increasingly hard to motivate the troops to seek victory. In the end, though, we finished more than ten wins clear of the three teams who finished level on points in 2nd to 4th spot (look at this intriguing last day's results to see why Airbus nabbed a higher seed in the EURO Cup prelims).

It's truly difficult to wrap my mind around exactly how dominant we were. We set a new scoring record, by 15 goals! (89 to 74) We set a record for most points in a season; we only gave away 15 out of 96 available (that's an impressive 85% record!). We had seven of the ten players on the PoY ballot; I only had to order the other three, no other options on my ballot. We were so good, we also dominated the Reserves League. The WPL Team Stats page shows a measure of our dominance well: 2nd place Airbus, with a creditable 53G 38A +15, finished with 36 fewer goals than we did (more than one goal per game), and allowed 13 more than we did. We were almost off the charts this year.

The individuals did pretty well this year, too. Two of the top-four scorers, and three of the top-six assist men, as well as the top three avg. ratings is a total pwning of the League. Indeed, it's even better than that, with six out of the top 25 scorers in the League. There's not too much doubt why we had seven placed on the PoY ballot.

I predict more of the same for the foreseeable future. And it's not that the League isn't improving; they are. For the second time in three years, a Welsh team made it to the Third Qualifying Round of the EURO Cup prelims (Carmarthen and Neath). Further, old youth players of mine are seeded liberally through the League (see upcoming Youth Project update). So our dominance just shows that we are accelerating ahead of the League, and dragging them along with us drafting in our wake.

And it's only gonna get better!

Boardroom overview.

Finances.

Club Overview.

Grats on another treble, and sone important European wins to grow your status.

KUTGW

How is the prize money going, any increases yet?

Also with $15m in the bank have you got State of the art facilities yet?

Yes, the prize money goes up slowly; we now actually cover our bonuses for winning the cups. As for facilities, that's a long, slow slog. The Board doesn't like doing more than one thing at a time, and each thing takes rougly two years to complete. I've upgraded the youth facilities, gotten an academy, and am working on the training facilities. When those are done, I'll hit them up for a youth facilities upgrade again. There are SEVERAL levels of this, so will be a work in progress for some time!
Congratz on dominating domestically even if it is basically a given now.

Decent improvement in Europe as well, may even be able to get past the group stages next season.

Thanks! I still think we can only get out of a EURO Cup group with a lucky draw. It's scary how much better some of those teams in the groups are. :eek:

Impressive as ever, only a matter of time before you start to crack the group stages :thup:

Also went to see Prestatyn play Carmarthen last week was quite a boring 0-0 but it keeps Prestatyn on track for qualifying for the Europa League :D

I think you won the league a little bit. :D Good to see the league is improving along with you - though not at quite the same rate. How do you feel about the progression of the quality of young players coming into the league, either through your own youth system, or through the youth systems of other Welsh clubs? Do you think that your progress is sustainable without an increase in quality there?

Prestatyn_Town.png

The Year End Summary - 2019/20

Results:

WPL: 1st 32 pts. ahead of Airbus

WC: Winner 1-0 v. Afan Lido

LC: Winner 1-0 v. TNS

Europe: Won 1st tie v. Tobyl Kostanay (KAZ) 5-1 2nd Qual Phase UCL (Champions)

Won 2nd tie v. FC Flora Tallinn (EST) 3-2 3rd Qual Phase UCL (Champions)

Lost 3rd tie v. APOEL Nicosia (CYP) 3-4 Qual Playoff UCL (Champions)

Finished 3rd EURO Cup Group L W1 D2 L3 Pts 5

0-1-1 v AS Saint-Etienne. (FRA) 0-1 A, 3-3 H

0-0-2 v Roma (ITA) 0-2 H, 0-1 A

2-0-0 v Braga (POR) 2-2 A, 3-1 H

Prestatyn Town FC Honors

WPL Player of the Year:

Dean Young

WPL Young Player of the Year:

Cornelius Payne

WPL Team of the Season: TEN this year!: – Matty Long, Dan Wylde, Josh Kay, Cornelius Payne, Paul Dummett, Kevin Irvine, Dean Young, Mark Bradley, Kieran Djilali, Adam Crawford. Frankly, a strong argument for 11 out of 11 could have been made, but I'm guessing the person who scores the most goals is always going to be on the team.

Fan's Player of the Year: Kieran Djilali.

Once again, I'm not the WPL Manager of the Year. Again, it's the Afan Lido Manager. Given that he's taken them from barely hanging on to challenging for second place and qualifying for Europe in two seasons, I won't begrudge him the honor.

Much.

News for Prestatyn Town FC:

Prestatyn are now 130th in Europe!. That's a healthy ranking. With any luck, we could actually score a top-half of the draw for the 2nd and 3rd qualifying rounds, and for the playoff.

The Wales Season Summary. Our name figures prominently. Notice that Dean Young cops the steal of the season pick; for once, we got someone after 6/20!

The club's profits were $1.2M on turnover of $7M. That's a considerable reduction in profit from before, though that is partially due to a dividend of just under $1M declared.

News about Wales and the World:

The WPL makes a big move up in Europe. It's now 155th. That's right behind the collective Italian Serie C leagues. It also makes us a 1.5 stars league!

Wales has the same European slots. We are two spots away from getting one of our EURO Cup qualifiers seeded into the 3rd Qualifying Phase of that competition. I can anticipate that, in the next two years, we'll move up to about 24th (now 29th) in coefficient rankings; after that, progress will depend upon managing substantially better group phase results.

In other news of the world:

Nothing of note to report, other than that Wales managed to qualify out of the European Championship Group Stage into the knockouts. I'll report the EC2020 results later.

Lets hope they back you up then. Would be a shame if you lost the welsh identity if you have to go abroad for youth talent and have a team of non british/welsh players

Where are you ranked in Europe now?

I think that what I have accepted will have to happen is that I will have to use European players to take me to the pinnacle, then I will have to slowly let the Welsh players infuse the team, as Wales starts producing better and better players. Otherwise, I'd never get as far as fast, and I'm not given the same level of patience hbfcrule must have with the Sweden save of his! As for the rank, we are up to about 150th: see below.
Want a challenge for the league? A season without conceding one goal!
Well, we'll see. Probably eventually something like. After all, we've managed to make it through the League conceding less than a goal a game, pretty darn good!
And The Seasiders go marching on! :D
Thanks! But please, my son is a Manchester Utd. fan; I hear enough of that song as it is. :rolleyes:
Another dominant season. KUTGW! European progress is picking up pace, too! (Don't want to jinx it though...)
Europe is really doing pretty good, considering that 10 years ago, we couldn't even manage to make it TO Europe, let alone win games once we got there.
Impressive as ever, only a matter of time before you start to crack the group stages :thup:

Also went to see Prestatyn play Carmarthen last week was quite a boring 0-0 but it keeps Prestatyn on track for qualifying for the Europa League :D

Ooooh, I'm jealous! Not of the 0-0, but because I'd love to see Bastion Gardens and the players who's lives I started playing around with. I have looked at the place often enough in Google Earth and the like to have some feel for it; and the idea that they might actually be doing in real life what I've got them doing in my save has me all busting with pride for them!

Archived