FM11: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition - Levels 7-11

Uri-Plymouth Parkway-Carlsberg SW Peninsula Premier (2010-11)-Level 10

You don't get to see much a Center Back who scores 5 goals & assist 5 goals in 33 matches...

Introducing Steven Clancy :thup:

Roller Coaster Plymouth Parkway :)

Manager Interaction

Usually I tend to say positive remarks about other Managers and they will react the same way...

Throgmorton Cup

It is our mini League Cup involving all 20 teams playing at our League...I take any Cup most seriously and allowing my first Team players a full week rest before a Cup game using my Reserves to play at the League...

I had lots of fun at this Cup playing 3 away matches winning 5:4,4:2 & 5:1 and now we are going to play at the Finals against one of the top teams at our league...a team that we managed to beat at the league twice 3:2 & 4:2 after they led 2:0 at the second game so I am expectng another entertaining match at the Finals...

So far we had 20 matches! at three different Cups and we lost only once....

Promotion

6 matches before end of season we are promoted to Level 9...:thup:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B.W.G - Merthyr Town - Toolstation League Premier Division (Level 9) - 2011/12

Transfers - Most transfers were to strengthen my squad for the challenge of going all out in the new division. The only transfers which were not for this purpose were Ian Arnold down to Alex Morris as these were bought into the club on Player/Coach contracts and in Alex Morris's case Player/Ass Man.

Competitions

Toolstation Premier - Table - Was a nice league with managers who loved to give me abuse throughout the entire season. I let my football do the talking as we walked the league, the 2 losses were both by 1 goal (2-1 and 1-0). Hope the next step us is as easy as this one but only without managers being so neagative towards me.

FA Cup - 2nd Round - The biggest shock up to this point was routing League 1 Brighton 5-0 in the 1st round. We drew with Stockport in a battle in the 1st game before giving them another battle in the replay, Stockport had the edge on quality so were deserved victors but I'm proud of the boys.

FA Vase - Winners - Much better performance then the shambolic display of the Les Phillips Cup final. We were unlucky not to score more but we were comfortable victors in the end. I will not miss this competition in the future due to the processing times in the early rounds :p

Les Phillips Cup - Winners - We made this more difficult then it should had been, I was having problems with complacency in the last couple of weeks of the season. I hope I can beat this problem out of them next season as it will be alot tougher.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Season!!!

Daniel Johnson was top scorer with 32 goals, quite impressed with his 1st season at the club. He can easily play at the next level.

Matthew Harris was top of the assists chart with 25. He also won Player of the Year.

Liam Hubbuck won Fans Player of the Year for the 2nd successive season. The fans love him even if I do think he underperformed compared to the 2010/11 season.

Expectations

The board only want me to win the league, can't be that much difficult can it :p

In the cups, they want me to reach the 2nd round of the FA Cup, reach the final of the FA Trophy (WTF????) and they don't care about the southern league cup.

My board seem to have lost the plot so I need to have a miracle of a season in terms of the FA Trophy.

Season      Division            Position     FA Cup    Champs League     Euro CUp     Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Toolstation D1(L10)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion
2011/12   Toolstation Prm(L9)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion

Thank you guys much appreciated :)

Another amazing year, Will with your team and best of luck at Level 8 :thup:...Your board got a bit greedy but at least they are not willing to sell your Club...My future at my Club is still not sure once a takeover will occur but for now no one shows intrest at my team:o

Uri - He hasn't got plans of selling yet but his status has fallen from Loves the club to Enjoying life at the club so I could have a couple of more seasons before a takeover.

Daemonic - Yep going for another one, try and match your run of league titles though :p

Uri-Plymouth Parkway-Carlsberg SW Peninsula Premier (2010-11)-Level 10

Promotion Celebration

To celebrate our promotion I have arranged a home friendly against Coventry City from Level 2...Since I was about to have a Cup Final 4 days later I had been forced to use my reserves for this match...It was my way of thanking them for a splendid job at the League during the whole season...

My 1,000 capacity stadium was completely full for this event and we managed to make a nice profit of $11,000...:cool:

Throgmorton Cup Final

It is our mini League Cup...20 teams from our league started and now it was time to meet Dartmouth for the Finals...We already beat them twice at the League 3:2 & 4:2 but they were worthy rivals for the Finals...

The winner will take $2,750....

Finals Result

Takeover

As I promised the Club is facing a takeover in the near future...This means that a new board might fire me...:thdn:

End of League

League is finally over...We played 38 matches scoring above 100 goals and reaching above 100 points...We are still unbeaten even though towards the end of season opponents got stronger and we were lucky to avoid defeat...

We started the League with a draw 1:1 against the Commandoes who finished second and finished the league with a win 1:0 by the last miniute from a direct free kick...

So here is the final table...We have been awarded $12,500 for that position...

We still have one more challenge to finish the season....

FA Vase

We have made a long way to reach the Finals and making an historic appearance at Wembly...The stadium looked desereted with 794 attendance...Our rivals were Malvern Town finished 2nd at Level 9 missed promotion by only 1 point....

Finals result

So season is over...The Club is under takeover process and I'm curious about my future at the club...

We started season with $1,000 at our bank account and finished with $436,000...That's a lot of cash to help us in the future...

Here is my profile by the end of season...

Uri-Plymouth Parkway-Toolstation Premier (2011-12)-Level 9 (Start at Level 10)

Thanks daemonic:)

While waiting for the Takeover process to complete I have noticed my name for the first time as a Favored Personnel so it is a good sign they will keep me as Manager...

The Club as changed into Semi-Professional as expected by the promotion and I could offer all my players part-time contracts...I also could sign more coaches and scouts...

My team is predicted to finish second at the league...The team relegated from Level 8 is predicted to be the first....

Plymouth Argyle from Level 3 accepted to be our parent club which means we are going to have a friendly derby before season kickoff..:cool:

By the way Merthyr Town also got promoted,predicted to finish 4th and will play against us...:)

B.W.G - Merthyr Town - Zamaretto D1SW (Level 8) - 2012/13

Trials and Transfers - Both screenshots to show I'm keeping within rules. Alot of signings made as they were all high quality. Ruper on the other hand accepted a trial, tried signing him, the agent wouldn't budge (Wanted £800 a week contract) then he sacks his agent and accepts £300 a week contract. His previous club was Osasuna so quite a unrealistic come down for him.

Competitions

League - Table - We stormed the league like the board wanted. Our one defeat came at Newport IOW which we were unlucky not to get anything out of it. We scored loads and conceded few, just the way I like it, we scored 5 or more goals in a match 7 times during the season which included 7-2, 6-0 and 5-3 victories.

FA Cup - 3rd Round- A great big money spinning ouch......that is all.

FA Trophy - Winners - I'm quite shocked, I knew the transfers made throughout the season were Blue Square North/South Level but was not expecting this. We generally did walk the competition which include a 3-0 victory over Stockport. Chelmsford finished 15th in the league so were a mid-table team. I did beat Barnet in the semi-finals who were the highest opposition I faced.

Southern League Cup - Winners - Enfield played in the Zamaretto D1C so were playing at the same level, but we continued our league form and won with relative ease not that the board really cared.

Players/Awards

Tom Mullen was top scorer with 37 goals in 42 games. He also went on to win Fans Player of the Year.

Ex-Chelsea youth player Danny Stenning topped the assist chart with 22.

Scott Boden won Player of the Year for the Zamaretto 1st Division SW. Was a good partner for Tom Mullen but will probably be 3rd choice next season unless there are amazing talents which will send him down further.

Future

Merthyr Town have now gone Professional

The board expect me to win the Zamaretto Premier, reach the final of the FA Trophy, 2nd round of the FA Cup and don't care about the Southern League Cup. My aim is another non league treble.

After this next season, I will be releasing alot of players.

I will also be asking the board to expand the scouting network so I can get better quality players for cheaper.

Season      Division            Position     FA Cup    Champs League     Euro CUp     Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Toolstation D1(L10)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion
2011/12   Toolstation Prm(L9)      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion
2012/13   Zamaretto D1SW (L8)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners

Thanks guys, with what I've seen, its like last seasons challenge. The reputation seems a but weird both at manager level and club level, I've already hit national for manager reputation. At club level, it seems weirder, I signed Will Keane who rejected Crystal Palace and Brighton as well as a regen called Jose Quintas who was released by Porto.

Season 1 - Bedford Town - Zamaretto League Premier Division - Champions

Me

League Table

Bedfordshire Senior Cup

Signed absolutely loads of players given that we had a reserve side to fill too so I haven't bothered with the screenshots there. Quite a comfortable league win but not as convincing as I'd like.

Key Players

Joshua Vermooten

Very solid former Leeds Utd youngster, should be able to handle the next level up too.

Gifton Noel-Williams

Quality player for this level although his stats are dropping off already.

Ross Cowan

Former necastle youngster made the right back spot his own, another I have faith in for the new season.

Summary

I'm glad we made decent money from our cup performances/friendlies as we were a fair bit over a ridiculously low wage budget. Think a few more players will be needed to succeed next year.

Season 1 - Bedford Town Reserves - Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One - Champions

League Table

Key Players

Ben King

Absolutely banged them in at level 10, doubt he's good enough for the 1st team but on £5 p/w he's a valuable player for our 2nd string.

Charlie Matthews

He dominates our midfield and creates and scores goals all on very small wages, handly player.

Zhao Zhihao

Also been working as 2nd choice right winger for the 1st team I may sell him if I find a better right winger due to his wages being fairly high.

Summary

Our reserves were more dominant than the 1st team really as we eased to the title. Really is long, hard work being in control of 2 sides though.

B.W.G - Merthyr Town - Zamaretto Premier (Level 7) - 2013/14

Transfers - With going pro, I did not realise those who did not sign pro contracts could be realeased for nothing so thats what I did to free up wages. The small quality bought in can play at higher levels. My favourite signing was Quintas, an ex-Porto academy graduated who had a trial at Torquay but because of that trial, I was able to scout him. He is such a talent that he is able to play at Championship level!!!!

Competitions

Zamaretto Prem - Table - Amazing season, I did not expect this in the slightest. The quality of players who want to come to Merthyr is unreal as they would be exceptional at blue square prem level. The one defeat came at Tooting & Mitcham, I hope I can copy this form into next season.

FA Cup - 3rd Round - The fact it went to a replay can be considered a miracle. A very late equalizer in the 1st game slavaged us a replay and 2nd attempt. Although we kept even till full time, we just did not have the quality to win the game. If we had won, then we would have had Fulham at home.

FA Trophy - Winners - I am stunned with this victory, Grismby finished 2nd in the Blue Square Prem so this result was special. I am Speechless.

Southern League Cup - Winners - I won an even game with 10 men, that proved my quality was above the others in the same league even though I fielded a weakened side to allow others a chance and boy did they take it.

Players/Awards

Manager of the year was a joke where I didn't even make top 3.

Will Keane was top scorer with 37 in 45 games. He was Top Scorer in the league and won Player of the Year and Fans Player of the Year. He should be able to do a job next season.

Ruper topped the assist charts with 18. I hope I will be able to keep him but he has a £325,000 release fee and there are clubs who are able to afford him who are interested.

Expectations

Its official, my board have gone mad....they want me to win the Blue Square South. The other expectations are reach the 2nd round of the FA Cup and win the FA Trophy.

My opinion, the FA Cup and FA Trophy expectations are reasonable and more then achievable. The league expectation is a joke, my ass man reckons I need to strengthen alot and the board have barely increased my wage budget which I have put my transfer budget down to increase wage budget.

2012/13   Zamaretto D1SW (L8)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2013/14   Zameretto Prem (L7)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners

Hi guys...

Since I was bored to death with no real challenge I have decided to start all over with the new build of Level 11 teams and the new patch 11.2.1...

I will start unemployed for the first season and wait until all teams sign all free players and free Managers...

Once the first season is over I will apply for a team without a a manager finished bottom at their League at Level 11...

I will ensure the Chairman Loves its Club not to get fired in later seasons...:)

See ya at the future...:thup:

Got an amazing result over high flying league Two side Torquay in the FA Cup 1st round: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i301/jamie182_2006/Torquay.jpg

Thought it couldn't be beaten until I came up against Championship giants Leeds: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i301/jamie182_2006/Leeds.jpg

Both goals scored by former Leeds youngster Vermooten :D stunned tbh, we play Fulham away in the 3rd round.

Just loading up my first game, will post a screenie in good time.

Quick point though, there must be a few glitches in here. I went to check on my old team, Uckfield Town, and they're valued at £11.75 million?! Needless to say I was tempted. Barnham, in the same division (Sussex County D3) are valued at £10 million.

Perhaps if someone wants to have a bit of a Man City save...

Right, here we go, I am the new Manager of Sharnbrook who play a solid tee-shot down the road from me. Stylish Red and Blue kit all present. Wish me luck!

Also is the game really, really slow for anyone else when running this (down to level 11)? I've got 4GB of RAM going on here and it's still taking forever to work it's way through the thousands of matches...

EDIT: Broke the screenshot, posted below

Hi guys

Welcome to the challenge WoodxUK and best of luck to you:thup:

It should be noted that with the new build of Level 11 you have the option of managing your youth team (Under 18)...All level 11 teams have youth teams and there is also FA Cup for youth teams...There are actually 6 Levels of groups...

The downside for it is the computer must go through all youth teams matches exactly as it does with Level 11 teams so its going on really slow...

But if you want to speed up your game the youth matches should be turned off at the Level of datail menu:thup:

Season 2 - Bedford Town - Blue Square South - Champions

Transfers

League Table

Most of those signings came right at the very end as we look to strengthen the squad for the much tougher conference national.

Key Players

Joshua Vermooten

Even better than last season, a brace against his former club Leeds in the FA Cup and 15 goals from centre back says it all about this guy. Just a rock.

Steven Foley

Signed at the end of last year and was our creative link in the midfield..

ismael Fofana

Won the BSS player of the year award and was a fantastic player on the left winger, only a squad player last year which was probably stupid of me LD

Summary

Fantastic season for us and I'm surprised by our success, great run in the FA Cup too being knocked out by Fulham in the 3rd round. We also won the Bedfordshire cup which gave us something mental like £270k. bug?.

Season 2 - Bedford Town Reserves - Hereward United Counties Premier Division - Champions

League Table

Key Players

Femil Ilsanmi

Quite consistant at right back and although never near our 1st team this year he never let our reserves down.

Alvin Quaye

The rock at the back for our 2nd string.

Zhao Zhihao

Decided to keep him in the end as a valuable squad player after he accepted a reduced contract, great reserve to have.

Summary

Kings Lynn fought us all of the way this time and I don't think these lot have another promotion in them just yet, depending on the wage budget next season I can see us trimming the squad a bit more.

Thats right, you can be any level 10 team.

Good Good, think ill start this challenge with the mighty GRIMSBY borough! How do people do the code for their opening posts? With big letters and multi colours?

Also how did everyone keep hold of there top players? Gifton Noel-Williams has hit 35 in 27 for me and League 1 Leyton Orient are sniffing around and just offered a contract to him. I'm in level 10 so dont stand much chance of keeping him.

Also how did everyone keep hold of there top players? Gifton Noel-Williams has hit 35 in 27 for me and League 1 Leyton Orient are sniffing around and just offered a contract to him. I'm in level 10 so dont stand much chance of keeping him.

I had it easier, Merthyr Town were already semi-pro when I took over so I didn't have to deal with amateur contracts

WoodxUK - It sounds like your board are a bunch of idiots.

I had it easier, Merthyr Town were already semi-pro when I took over so I didn't have to deal with amateur contracts

WoodxUK - It sounds like your board are a bunch of idiots.

I think it's gotta be a bug or something. They're now 'deeply saddened' by my leadership, and the Competitions confidence bar is empty. I'm only in 2 and both are 'superb' for confidence. God knows what's going on. Perhaps if I keep my job until I actually get to play in the other ones, it might change.

Right, it's late October, I've won every competitive game I've played and have let in a total of 2 goals, scoring 29.

Why is my Job Security 'Precarious', and there's talk of me needing to win my next game to keep my job?

Just keep offering your players new deals, they normally stay loyal each time with new amateur contracts. Can't help you with the board thing though.

Just keep offering your players new deals, they normally stay loyal each time with new amateur contracts. Can't help you with the board thing though.

Yeah, that did help, kept my main Centre Half, ta.

I actually lost a game and the situation hasn't changed, not sure what the problem is but I'm still there. We'll have to see.

Season 3 - Bedford Town - Blue Square premier - Champions

Transfers

League Table

Key Players

Rob Kiernan

Former Watford youngster was an ever present at the back, should be able to step up too.

Steven Maclean

Former a great strike partnership with former Leeds man David Somma, crucial in us scoring so many goals this season.

ismael Fofana

Another class season from the Ivorian, unless someone special comes along I can see him being 1st choice again.

Summary

Think we'll struggle next season tbh, not found the sort of players at the end of the season like I was before which is annoying. also not bothering to update on the reserves, we would have been alright if I didn't let my assistant control most of it. He was useless :D Mid table for them.

I keep on getting crash dumps when I try to play this, anyone else?

Nope, mine is fine. Is it when you first start your game or mid way through? I'd post most questions in RTC's level 10 thread. Although make sure you have the most recent patch and follow instructions in the opening post.

B.W.G - Merthyr Town - Blue Square South (Level 6) - 2014/15

Transfers - This season was the case of getting quality in due to haveing quite a high wage bill. Andrea Daniele was a brilliant free signing as the potential to be a good premiership keeper!!!! He was a product of the Arsenal youth academy so I was able to scout him. He actually has a dual nationality of Italian/French, he was born in France but has been capped by Italy U21's.

Competitions

Blue Square South - Table - Spare a thought for Woking in 2nd as they scored enough points to actually win the league (would have won the league the previous three seasons before). We didn't want anyone spoiling our party so we kept on going, after the title was won howerver, complacency did start creeping in but we managed to hold onto victories otherwise it could have been closer. I seemed to have found a formation which is brilliant for attacking as my method in matches is to score more then the other team.

FA Cup - 4th Round - Would have been a nice money spinner if we were away. We lost 3-1 in front of a capacity crowd but in truth we were dominated. The downside is this was nothing more then Man City reserves as they rested the entire 1st team. I am kind of glad as it could have really been much worse then what it was.

FA Trophy - Winners - This could be seen as a preview of what a team challenging for the Blue Square Premier title is like as they finished 3rd. All I can say is that I am not impressed, we dominated them easily and made it three in a row. With this performance, then we should be able to challenge for a playoff place at the least.

Players/Awards

Danny Hoesen was top scorer with 34 goails in 49 appearances.

Loanee Pat Ulor topped the assist chart with 18. He will be back next season as he has signed for us on a free transfer.

Demba Toure won Fans Player of the Year

Expectations

Expectations are much lower this season but I don't know why. The board want us to finish mid-table, reach the 1st round of the fa cup and the 3rd round of the FA Trophy.

Also this season, I will be expecting a takeover at some point as it looks like the chairman has had enough as his status is Looking to Leave so I don't know what to expect of that.

2013/14   Zameretto Prem (L7)      1st       3rd Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners
2014/15   Bl.Square South(L6)      1st       4th Rnd        N/A            N/A        Promotion,FA Trophy Winners.

Wes_Coulam - Grimsby Borough - Kool Sport Northern Counties East League Division One - (2010-11) - Level 10

Transfers - Was a matter of basically resigning a whole team here and releasing anyone who wasn't up to the mark (all reserve & U18 players). Best signings here was Gifton Noel-Williams & San Lee aswell as a solid goalkeeper.

Competitions

Kool Sport Northern Counties East Division One - Table - Was complete domination here, Noel Williams & San Lee proved much too good for this level. Took the league with 6 games to go and then the team kind of lost interest but all was won so i was happy.

Fa Cup - 3rd Qualifying Round - Dissapointing loss to Brackley i gave a poor team talk and the team didn't respond, was hoping to grace the first round real but hey-ho take the rough with the smooth.

Fa Vase - Quarter Final - Another Dissapointing loss in the cup was expecting to Win the Fa Vase we dominated the opposition but couldn't turn our dominance into a win, just one of them games unfortunatelly.

Wilkinson Sword Shield - Winners - Only had teams in my league in this competition, so was favourite to win this & we did. So secured a double if you will.

Key Players

Gifton Noel-Williams - 54 Goals in 51 Apperances, this guy was something else. Also he was Fans Player Of The Year & Finished Top scorer in the league.

San Lee - 56 Goals in 50 starts, he formed part two of "team goal century" with Noel-Williams

Steven Clancy - Solid at the back for me where i was most lacking and even got forward to Head in 10 goals.

Summary

A good year securing promotion to Level 9. I was dissapointed with our Cup performances i need more strength in depth next year as when there wasn't a break of a week between games my players were cream crackered! Strangely i asked my board if we could go scouting elsewhere and they granted it gave me UK & Ireland, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia & South Europe. My scouts found no players there willing to play for us although i bet we have the broadest knowledge of Europe in the lower leagues!

Future/Expectations

At the end of the season we moved up from Amateur To Semi-Pro this should be good as we can know tie our players down on contracts, we only lost one player last year to clubs poaching and he was a squad player so i could deal with that, my main priorirty was keeping Gifton which we did. Also my chairman and Grimsby Town's took it upon them selfs to create a affiliation looking at Grimsby reserves we won't be utilising this just keeping it for the pittance money.

The New season the board are expecting a respectable position in the league, fourth round qualifying of Fa Cup & fifth round of FA Vase

Archived