FM11: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition - Levels 7-11

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[bacardiboy] [Annfield Plain] - 2010/2011 - Starting Division: [English Wearside Football League] (Level 11)

Hi lads,

Im new to this forum but got this challenge pulled me in to compete with you guys. I chose a level 11 team called Annfield Plain. Still got no clou how to manage this team, but we'll see what comes out of it!

Click to see manager

Welcome and best of luck bacardiboy

Cheers mate. Just played my first game in the FA Vase cup and won the first match with 2-1 against Tring Athletic (which are level 9).

I found out that there is a 'Sport London e Benfica' club in a lvl 10 division. Which is awesome, as i am a Benfica fan in real life. Would it be possible to change teams when i promote to a level 10 league with my current one?

Cheers

The idea of the challenge is to stick with one club all the way to the top. You don't have to start at Level 11, any team below Level 6 is eligible so feel free to start a new game at Level 10 with Sport London e Benfica. Always helps maintain interest in the save if you feel a connection to the club.

Sun Postal Sports - Blue Square South - 2014/15

Transfers

Lots of squad filler out and a few quality additions, particularly Kearney who's a colossus in the air both in defence and attack.

Blue Square South

Predicted: 16th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

Our 4 year unbeaten run finally came to an end as we lost a league game on a snowy pitch in December against Salisbury. Our next opponents however, suffered the backlash as beat Truro 7-0 away and we kept it going, clinching the title on the last day of February. We won every game from then to the end of the season notching up 139 goals.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Easy run to the 3rd round where Tottenham totally outclassed us. Shame there was no money spinning away tie this year.

FA Trophy - WINNERS | Final

Retained the title inflicting a second final defeat in a row on Stockport County.

Other News

Finances

Club Records

Awards

Blue Square Bet South Player of the Season - 1st Wayne Saunders

Blue Square Bet South Top Scorer - 1st Wayne Saunders (23 gls)

Stars

Most Assists: Simon Morley - 24

Most Goals: Wayne Saunders - 29

Most MoM: Grant Kearney - 10

Highest Avg Rating: Grant Kearney - 7.77

Fans Player of the Year: Grant Kearney - Great season including 21 goals from Centre Back although quiet a few were penalties.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

Sun Postal Sports Trophy Room

Leagues

Blue Square Bet South x 1 - 2014/15

Zamaretto League Premier Division x 1 - 2013/14

Zamaretto League Division One South & West x 1 - 2012/13

South Midlands Football Premier Division x 1 - 2011/12

South Midlands Football League Division One x 1 - 2010/11

Cups

FA Trophy x 2 - 2013/14, 2014/15

FA Vase x 2 - 2010/11, 2011/12

English Southern League Cup x 2 - 2012/13, 2013/14

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/     Lge Cups   Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase
2011/12  SSM (L9)  1st   1st Rnd    FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. PRM, FA Vase
2012/13  S1S (L8)  1st   1st Rnd    FAT 1st Rnd  SLC Wnr    N/A         S1S Champions, Sth Lge Cup
2013/14  SLP (L7)  1st   4th Rnd    FAT Winner   SLC Wnr    N/A         SLP Champions, FA Trophy,
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2014/15  BSS       1st   3rd Rnd    FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy

Thanks B.W.G

Getting really annoyed with the Chairman now. He's been listening to offers since the first season and at least 5 takeovers have started and failed with transfer embargoes every time. Now he's canceled a planned upgrade of the training and youth facilities and continues to refuse to allow us a Parent club.

[bacardiboy] [sport London e Benfica] - 2010/2011 - [The Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League] (Level 10)

Well there i am again, starting a new savegame due to the option of choosing a club i could potentially love :p

Hope to achieve as much succes as some of you guys. Allready got 4 top players to join the team, and i hope they will remain at the club as i think they could easily play in the 6th division or so.

Manager page

Bump - anyone playing the challenge yet? :) Im in my third season, getting three straight champions for the club. Will post updates if i notice i'm not the only one reading this thread :p

Only (big) bummer is... i did not got seeded into the FA Cup. While i did got seeded in the first two seasons. Due to this, the finances this season are terrible. Anyone else got this problem as well? Cheers.

Sensational run B.W.G! Good luck in the BSP Daemonic! I think i'm going to really enjoy this challenge, however i have a question or two from an FM noob. I had a little blast to see what level 11 was like, and found myself bombarded with ~20-30 job related news item every time i clicked continue. It seemed every club was hiring/firing managers on a weekly basis! I know there are a large number of teams loaded, but does this activity die down at all? Is there any way to filter out these messages?

Mike

Mikestro - Sutton Town - English Central Midlands Supreme League (Level 11) - Season 2010/11

Sutton Town seem a good blank slate (formed 2007) with media prediction 17th. Plus they are local to me ;)

My Profile 1 / My Profile 2

A quick glance at the team report reveals a squad with some decent players among the many crappy ones :p

After reading this thread, my personal goal is to remain undefeated this season...and win it of course :D

Sensational run B.W.G! Good luck in the BSP Daemonic! I think i'm going to really enjoy this challenge, however i have a question or two from an FM noob. I had a little blast to see what level 11 was like, and found myself bombarded with ~20-30 job related news item every time i clicked continue. It seemed every club was hiring/firing managers on a weekly basis! I know there are a large number of teams loaded, but does this activity die down at all? Is there any way to filter out these messages?

Mike

Pretty sure if you go to manage subscriptions one of the options for the leagues is "jobs", so it would just be a case of unticking that

Best of luck Mikestro

My BSP season is done and we're on the way up again. Biggest news is a new stadium on the way (didn't even ask for it) and if we keep going up each season it'll be ready for our debut in the Championship.

Sun Postal Sports - Blue Square Premier - 2015/16

Transfers

Blue Square Premier

Predicted: 20th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

Eassssyyyyyy yet again. The title and promotion were secured on the 24th of February with 10 games left to play. All that was left was to complete an unbeaten season which was achieved with a 5-0 win over Bath, taking our goals for total to 146.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

Fantastic run as we beat L2 Crewe in the 1st round before getting a lucky break in the 2nd round playing fellow non-leaguers, Bath. The 3rd round was another step up as we beat L1 Tranmere after a replay. The ante was upped again in the 4th Round as Championship side Portsmouth came to visit and we continued the giant killing, thrashing them 3-0.

The 5th round pitted us against Premier League opposition when Fulham were the visitors. I was just hoping for a draw and a cash spinning replay but then it got ridiculous, as despite them having the best of the play with 20 shots, 8 of which hit the target to our 8 shots with 6 on target, we 'hammered' them 4-1.

Bolton were the next visitors and reality kicked in as they outclassed us winning 3-0. Only downside was we never got a big payday from an away game.

FA Trophy - WINNERS | Final

Won for a 3rd time.

Other News

Finances

A decent profit thanks to the FA Cup run. Biggest news was the building of a new stadium which will hold 7176 when completed in 2 years time.

Club Records

Awards

Blue Square Premier Player of the Year - 1st Wayne Saunders

Blue Square Premier Top Scorer - 1st Wayne Saunders (28gls)

Stars

Most Assists: Richard Duncan - 22

Most Goals: Wayne Saunders - 32

Most MoM: Wayne Saunders & Jamaal Lascelles - 10

Highest Avg Rating: Wayne Saunders - 7.76

Fans Player of the Year: Wayne Saunders

Leagues

Blue Square Bet Premier x 1 - 2015/16

Cups

FA Trophy x 3 - 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/     Lge Cups   Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase
2011/12  SSM (L9)  1st   1st Rnd    FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. PRM, FA Vase
2012/13  S1S (L8)  1st   1st Rnd    FAT 1st Rnd  SLC Wnr    N/A         S1S Champions, Sth Lge Cup
2013/14  SLP (L7)  1st   4th Rnd    FAT Winner   SLC Wnr    N/A         SLP Champions, FA Trophy,
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2014/15  BSS       1st   3rd Rnd    FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy
2015/16  BSP       1st   QF         FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy       

hi guys was looking for fm11 tips an come accross this , was wondering could i join in? im new on fm11 so this would be a real challange for myself , what happens if i get sacked ?

Everyone is welcome to join in, just setup your game as outlined in the opening post. Although the players are absolute rubbish at the lowest levels it seems to make achieving success a bit easier so this is a good place to start i reckon :)

If you get sacked you can start a new game or holiday to start of next season and pick another Level 10 or 11 team.

I avoid the in game screenshot capture and use the Snipping Tool which comes with Windows 7 (Start > All Programs > Accessories). The little arrow beside New allows you select a Window Snip which can be used to just grab the FM11 window.

ALT + F9 does the trick mate! When doing so this will get you a screenshot in your football manager 2011 map in your documents, making a extra map called Screenshots.

Will post update soon, allready played 4 seasons and just started the 5th. After not being drawed into the FA Cup in the third season, luckely the bug was over in the fourth.

ALT + F9 does the trick mate! When doing so this will get you a screenshot in your football manager 2011 map in your documents, making a extra map called Screenshots.

Will post update soon, allready played 4 seasons and just started the 5th. After not being drawed into the FA Cup in the third season, luckely the bug was over in the fourth.

The FA Cup thing does sound odd alright but there are a few bugs in the expansion pack to add the lower leagues. Just noticed on my save a few of the lower league cup are the 3rd to 7th largest competitions in the world based on their Reputation. Only found it because I was wondering why teams 3 divisions below me were beating me to players. Turns out the clubs they signed for had won these cups the previous season and must have received a massive reputation boost.

The FA Cup thing does sound odd alright but there are a few bugs in the expansion pack to add the lower leagues. Just noticed on my save a few of the lower league cup are the 3rd to 7th largest competitions in the world based on their Reputation. Only found it because I was wondering why teams 3 divisions below me were beating me to players. Turns out the clubs they signed for had won these cups the previous season and must have received a massive reputation boost.

Yeah, i have the same problem. although i did not yet have seen a lower league club beat me to a player i wanted to sign.

screenie: http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1561/worldcompetitionscompet.png

TAOD - Yorkshire Amateur - League One (Level 3 - 2017/18

Transfers

Made some good money this year, important because the cost of our new stadium took a fair chunk out of our Bank.

Competitions

League One - Table - Another slow start for us including the thrashing by Oxford but we suddenly got our act together and won it fairly easily in the end.

FA Cup - 2nd Round - Rubbish match

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Winners - Good to add to the Cabinet.

League Cup - 3rd Round - Thrashed to be honest.

West Riding Senior Cup - Winners - Competition just gets in the way now.

Key Players

Chris GarrattBeen with us since the Blue Square North days and has shown no signs of being out of his depth yet.

John Riley Another who has been with us since the BSN days, he looked finish last year managing only 4 goals in League Two but he's somehow come back better than ever.

Steven Davies he had a great year with Charlton the previous season and they released him, glad I snapped him up.

Overview

Great to be in a bigger new stadium, hope I can find a lot of new players. Think we've outgrown the policy of checking premier league released youth players now so I need fresh ideas.

Season      Division            Position     FA Cup    Champs League     Euro CUp     Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Kool Sport D1(L10)      1st       3rd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2011/12   Kool Sport Prem(L9)     1st       2nd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2012/13   Evo-Stik D1(L8)         1st       4th Qual        N/A           N/A    Promoted
2013/14   Evo-Stik Prem(L7)       1st       4th Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2014/15   Blue Sq North(L6)       1st       3rd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2015/16   Blue Sq Prem(L5)        1st       2nd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2016/17   League Two              1st       4th Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2017/18   League One              1st       2nd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted

Congrats on another promotion TAoD. On finding new players, can you scout all of Europe yet? I asked at the start of my L2 season and the board agreed. Not signed too many as I was happy the team was good enough for L2 (still unbeaten with just a few games to go) but the scouts did find some really good talent in Spain, Italy & Holland.

i need to spend more time scouting i think lol im in jan of my 2nd season but currently 9th :(

The first few seasons my scouts found very few players I signed. The vast majority were from recommendations thru the Backroom meeting or my Assistants team report. Scouts were mainly to get a 2nd opinion on the recommended players.

Sun Postal Sports - npower League 2 - 2016/17

Transfers

More freebies and one purchase from Spain, but no one outstanding. Next season will need a big upgrade in a few areas.

npower League 2

Predicted: 24th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

Easy again. Promotion was assured on the 25th of February with 10 games still to play. The championship was won 2 games later and despite a couple of dodgy performances in the remaining 8 games, we ended the season unbeaten.

FA Cup - Third Round

League Cup - Third Round

Hammered Portsmouth (Championship) & Sheffield Utd (Premiership) in the first and second rounds before Championship side West Brom did for us 4-3 at the Hawthorns.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southern Semi-Final

Disappointing.

Other News

Finances

Not great as we lost £335k mainly due to stadium financing and higher wages coupled with the lack of a money spinning cup run.

Club Records

Awards

npower League 2 Top Scorer - 1st Wayne Saunders (26 gls)

Stars

Most Assists: Wayne Saunders - 23

Most Goals: Wayne Saunders - 32

Most MoM: Wayne Saunders & Liam Lambert - 7

Highest Avg Rating: Wayne Saunders - 7.57

Fans Player of the Year: Wayne Saunders - A 2nd fantastic season as he topped the scoring and assist chart.

Leagues

npower League 2 x 1 - 2016/17

Blue Square Bet Premier x 1 - 2015/16

Cups

FA Trophy x 3 - 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16

FA Trophy
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2015/16  BSP       1st   QF         FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy     
2016/17  L2        1st   3rd Rnd    N/A          3rd Rnd    N/A         npower League 2 Champions          

Congrats on another promotion TAoD. On finding new players, can you scout all of Europe yet? I asked at the start of my L2 season and the board agreed. Not signed too many as I was happy the team was good enough for L2 (still unbeaten with just a few games to go) but the scouts did find some really good talent in Spain, Italy & Holland.

Thanks, same to you. I've been able to scout the world for a while now, not exactly been helpful as they've found nothing. Players I'm finding myself in random Eastern European countries u21's seem good enough but won't sign. Pretty frustrating really, managed to hold on to a good Czech youngster for half a year before the board got involved and accepted a bid over my head.

Archived